Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i just sit in my recliner, put my feet up, and ask my wife how her day went-2 minutes later i am sawing logs.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just sit in my recliner, put my feet up, and ask my wife how her day went-2 minutes later i am sawing logs.
That is unless your on TestoPRO. Then we all know how that coversation goes.:booty:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That is unless your on TestoPRO. Then we all know how that coversation goes.:booty:
then i put her in the recliner and i rock away.:sasmokin:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I don't even try I end up lying down stretching out on the sofa and watching my 48 inch flat screen , find a good movie or Tv show or something and eyelids gets heavy.
My ex hated that about me lmao. She'd be watching tv and I would just come in and lay down using her thigh as a pillow and be asleep within 5 minutes, no matter what time of day no matter what was on lol.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
August 18th 2010 statistics

Nutrition
285 P
180 C
40 F
2,220 calories

Supplements
Cycle Support 1 scoop
Perform ~
Testopro ~

Sleep 9 hours and an hour nap

Training None
dang that's low cal, i'd lose on that pretty nicely.

John, what are your protein sources? Can you give me how much oz of chicken, fish, beef you take in and then how much whey? thanks :veryhappy:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

John, what are your protein sources? Can you give me how much oz of chicken, fish, beef you take in and then how much whey? thanks :veryhappy:
You and I both.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I tend to bump the calories down on off weight training days.

Protein sources are : egg whites, lean beef, chicken, tuna(sometimes), whey

Whey- three to five scoops a day, usually if I get up at night I take two scoops

Ground Lean beef-93/7 approved by the American heart association at last a half pound everyday, sometimes a pound, cost 3.50 a lb , the 96/4 for 2.98 is probably just as good, I have the resources(Thanks for parents) so I use them.

Chicken- 8 oz or 10 oz (thats 50 or 62.5 grams)I round down or up no need to get to technical. I also do not count my protein in my carb sources like beans or Id be taken in higher protein. Them little details are not worth the extra worry.

Tuna(light- when I can stand the taste I put smoked Tabasco sauce and it flavors them nicely

Egg whites- usually 12 egg whites a day(and maybe two whole eggs)

Fish-Maybe Salmon once a week, used to get it every day , not now though. I contribute a lot of the strength and holding onto muscle from the lean beef.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 19th 2010 Statistics

Nutrition
305P
150 C
15 F
1,955 calories

Activity: 60 minutes grass mowing

Supplements
Cycle support (orange)one scoop
Perform~
Testopro~
RecoverPro-one or two scoops between meals, when borderline losing muscle on a very low calorie diet, BCAA's between meals help hold onto muscle.

Sleep eleven hours, sleep could have been better- also a nap not sure how long I am thinking like only 15 minutes , could have been as long as 45 mins though

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/pro-training/ronny-rockel-best-body-nutrition/3281-ronny-rockel-8-weeks-out-from-the-olympia-part-two.html

Here is a motivational video of Ronny Rockel training for the Olympia and he talking about how to train on contest preparation, it makes perfect sense what he says to tone down the intensity because, calories/carbs are lower body fat is lower, water in the body is lower and to back off a bit

( I do not believe for maximum muscle mass, go light with heavy weights is the way to go, I say back off eight weeks out, from super intense to intense, although it has been quite some time since I went super intense because I had a shoulder injury and although it is healed, it is still not 100 % and still repairing itself)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good choice on the 97/3 beef john, cost you more but this is what you need right now.. I see the cals and the carbs dropping.. push hard, and sacrifice my friend.. Ive seen you do allot here since Ive known you.. you can be a little stubborn at times though :lol: nothing is easy and it not handed to you..THIS!, you already know;)... weeks are counting, now do IT!

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
i can barely stand tuna...chipotle tabasco sounds wonderful!!!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
John you should mow grass with a scythe, very good workout.

Im serious btw.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Im serious btw.
John is a BULL!, he should eat the grass:lol:, he'd burn more calories :ntome:

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
by the way, thanks for the protein breakdown. i cant eat cleanly that much in a day (without a ton of fat to up the cals). but thats why you look like you do :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Im serious btw.
haha :stooges:

by the way, thanks for the protein breakdown. i cant eat cleanly that much in a day (without a ton of fat to up the cals). but thats why you look like you do :)
Your welcome. If you have any questions that is why I am here. *remember this is contest prep diet and at other times of the year I do not follow this or I would never grow and be stuck at about 210 lbs ,give or take.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 20th 2010 Stats

Nutrition
350 P
205 C
45 F
2,605 calories

Training : Back
Nautilus Pullover machine (a good pre-exhaust movement for the lats)
150lbs= 15x's
V bar pulldown (not going slow negatives like I have been on this exercise)
160 lbs=15x's
Neutral grip pull ups (body weight 228)
10-4 ( 2 rest pauses)
Cable row(close grip D bar handle)
150lbs=11x's
one arm dumb bell row
105lbs=12x's
one arm standing cable row
40lbs=15x's, 60lbs=10x's

*lots of stretching in between sets, I do that with every muscle while I am waiting, flex it or stretch it

Sleep -9-10 hours

Supplements
RecoverPRO 2 scoops
Glycobol 2 15-30 minutes before Post workout meal
Cycle Support 1 scoop
Testopro~
Perform~
Essentials-one scoop post training
Motivate -2 caps upon awaking

Holy crap the Perform has kicked in , it works its way up, I really noticed it last night and tonight . Words can not explain how much it amplifies things!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
even solo i had to cut back on my dosing of perform.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
August 20th 2010 Stats

Nutrition
350 P
205 C
45 F
2,605 calories

Training : Back
Nautilus Pullover machine (a good pre-exhaust movement for the lats)
150lbs= 15x's
V bar pulldown (not going slow negatives like I have been on this exercise)
160 lbs=15x's
Neutral grip pull ups (body weight 228)
10-4 ( 2 rest pauses)
Cable row(close grip D bar handle)
150lbs=11x's
one arm dumb bell row
105lbs=12x's
one arm standing cable row
40lbs=15x's, 60lbs=10x's

*lots of stretching in between sets, I do that with every muscle while I am waiting, flex it or stretch it

Sleep -9-10 hours

Supplements
RecoverPRO 2 scoops
Glycobol 2 15-30 minutes before Post workout meal
Cycle Support 1 scoop
Testopro~
Perform~
Essentials-one scoop post training

Holy crap the Perform has kicked in , it works its way up, I really noticed it last night and tonight . Words can not explain how much it amplifies things!
Good stuff John.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Great stuff John.

Naps. I envy you.

I wish I had the time to fit them in.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 21 st 2010 Statistics

Nutrition
300 P
200 C
45 F
2,400 calories

Training Calves, biceps and triceps supersetted
Seated Calve riase
45+25=8
45+45=9
45+45+10+5=10
Nautilus leg machine(calve riases)
150=6x's
130=8x's
110=12x's

Incline dumb bell curls supersetted with Body weight dips
30lbs=11,10,8 12,11,8

Sleep: Up late tonight about to hit the sack soon, will update later

Supplements
Testopro~
Perform~
Cycle support one scoop
RecoverPRO one scoop

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
August 21 st 2010 Statistics

Nutrition
300 P
200 C
45 F
2,400 calories

Training Calves, biceps and triceps supersetted
Seated Calve riase
45+25=8
45+45=9
45+45+10+5=10
Nautilus leg machine(calve riases)
150=6x's
130=8x's
110=12x's

Incline dumb bell curls supersetted with Body weight dips
30lbs=11,10,8 12,11,8

Sleep: Up late tonight about to hit the sack soon, will update later

Supplements
Testopro~
Perform~
Cycle support one scoop
RecoverPRO one scoop
Looks good John.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 22nd statistics

Nutrition
305 P
170 C
15 F

Activity
~3 mile walk with buddy Eric. I was going to take off

Sleep: 8-10 hours

Supplements
Cycle Support one scoop
Perform~
Testopro~

Went and saw the Expendables with my buddy Eric. I highly recommend go see it.The sound of the guns are very loud in the theatre I went in. You probably saw the trailer, here it is though

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6RU5y2fU6s"]YouTube- 'The Expendables' Trailer HD[/nomedia]

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
August 22nd statistics

Nutrition
305 P
170 C
15 F

Activity

Supplements
Cycle Support one scoop
Perform~
Testopro~

Went and saw the Expendables with my buddy Eric. I highly recommend go see it.The sound of the guns are very loud in the theatre I went in. You probably saw the trailer, here it is though

YouTube- 'The Expendables' Trailer HD
man-talk about star power!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Muscle star power.
I saw it, it was hilarious!! As far as acting went, Rourke really stood out, other than that it was way over the top, but it was done intentionally for the comic relief...

SBT

SBT

Awards
NICE workouts!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 mile walk is a day off to you John LOL. Seriously good job and I am going to have to check out the movie.

August 22nd statistics

Nutrition
305 P
170 C
15 F

Activity

Supplements
Cycle Support one scoop
Perform~
Testopro~

YouTube- 'The Expendables' Trailer HD

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw it, it was hilarious!! As far as acting went, Rourke really stood out, other than that it was way over the top, but it was done intentionally for the comic relief...
It deserves to be at the top. It was number one at the movies, as far as I know it still is. I like the fact the Sly Stallone made it and he is a great example of the American Dream, and it has an all star cast.

NICE workouts!
Thanks and welcome

3 mile walk is a day off to you John LOL. Seriously good job and I am going to have to check out the movie.
Nice. it feels good to get out of the same old routine for a while, and sometimes a theatre movie with a buddy is all is takes to keep myself sane.

Great log John, sorry i'm very late... Subbed
No worries and welcome

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 23nd 2010 Statistics

Nutrition
310 P
220 C
20 F
2,300 calories

Activity: cardio first thing upon arising separated by weights

Cardio outside run at our local park, little over two miles, interval...91 degrees in sun, not any of this for a while, I limit my sun exposure because I want to have healthy skin when I am older, and running just hurts my knees.

Weights; Chest, shoulders

Incline smith press
215lbs=9x's
Decline barbell
245=9x's
Incline dumb bell fly
50lbs=9x's

Nautilus overhead press
175lbs=12x's
Nautilus side side lateral machine
left 160lbs=8x's
right 160 lbs=8x's
Seated Dumb bell press
70lbs=4x's

Sleep 8 hours slept real nice

Supplements
Essentials and joint (three scoops after training)
Glycobol - 2 20-30 minutes before post training meal
Perform~
Testopro~
Cycle support one scoop

*notes* Essentials and joint is so useful, it has the basics of bodybuilding, creatine, beta alanine,the super joint ingredients, BCAA's. I like to put whey protein in first then put a scoop in my mouth and swallow it with out tasting because the taste is not the most pleasant, so this is a way around the taste. I do the same thing with RecoverPRo, only I enjoy the lemon scented taste.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Nutrition
310 P
220 C
20 F
2,300 calories

Activity: cardio first thing upon arising separated by weights

Cardio outside run at our local park, little over two miles, interval...91 degrees in sun, not any of this for a while, I limit my sun exposure because I want to have healthy skin when I am older, and running just hurts my knees.

Weights; Chest, shoulders

Incline smith press
215lbs=9x's
Decline barbell
245=9x's
Incline dumb bell fly
50lbs=9x's

Nautilus overhead press
175lbs=12x's
Nautilus side side lateral machine
left 160lbs=8x's
right 160 lbs=8x's
Seated Dumb bell press
70lbs=4x's

Sleep 8 hours slept real nice

Supplements
Essentials and joint (three scoops after training)
Glycobol - 2 20-30 minutes before post training meal
Perform~
Testopro~
Cycle support one scoop

*notes* Essentials and joint is so useful, it has the basics of bodybuilding, creatine, beta alanine,the super joint ingredients, BCAA's. I like to put a scoop in my mouth and swallow it with out tasting because the taste is not the most pleasant, so this is a way around the taste. I do the same thing with RecoverPRo, only I enjoy the lemon scented taste.
Very good workout John.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Sly is one of my favorites.

I really enjoyed the over acting...it was almost like an action movie parody. Also good to see Rourke back in the scene and off the drugs lol.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
*notes* Essentials and joint is so useful, it has the basics of bodybuilding, creatine, beta alanine,the super joint ingredients, BCAA's. I like to put whey protein in first then put a scoop in my mouth and swallow it with out tasting because the taste is not the most pleasant, so this is a way around the taste. I do the same thing with RecoverPRo, only I enjoy the lemon scented taste.
I'm putting in EAA's, Glutamine and Taurine in with my recoverpro so I add a crystal light pack. Otherwise yah tastes pretty nasty with all those extra ingredients... oh and there's some BA in there as well... It's effecitive though.

v1hyp

v1hyp

Awards
Good luck John. Where are you weight wise right now? What are you numbers looking at right now (Carbs,Pro & Fat)? Your at 9 weeks now? Post some pics.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm putting in EAA's, Glutamine and Taurine in with my recoverpro so I add a crystal light pack. Otherwise yah tastes pretty nasty with all those extra ingredients... oh and there's some BA in there as well... It's effecitive though.
Crystal Light has away of making things taste better.:)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck John. Where are you weight wise right now? What are you numbers looking at right now (Carbs,Pro & Fat)? Your at 9 weeks now? Post some pics.
225-228ish. Nutrition is posted daily. Nine and a half. I did a video at eleven weeks out, I'll probably do at least one more as I get leaner and the progress really starts showing.

(which seems to happen toward the very end, hopefully I'll get it right, if not, at least I'll know more next time to work with which is always the goal to improve from the last time)

I followed your contest log on IM and saw your pictures and conditioning is one of your strengths, from my eyes.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On that note I am taking glutamine between meals ,like yesterday did 20 grams, and it helps me fill me up. It is especially useful in pre-contest. also started the EC stack this week,may add in aspirin, not sure if it makes a big difference after doing literally hours upon hours of research on Ec?ECA.

of course I am taking the basics, quality multi, fish oil, prebotics-I take this every other month, research shows these are best taken every other month,of course the basic health supplements, I'll stop here though because I am promoting AI Sport nutrition products with this log

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 24 th 2010 Stats

Nutrition
320 P
220 C
15 F

Activity:weights, legs

Donkey Calve raise
350lbs=11x's

barbell squat (ass complete to floor, wish I had my friend video tape these)
225lbs=10x's

Strait leg dead lift
225lbs=10x's

Seated Leg curl
150lbs=10x's

Glute ham raise, started to do them and felt my hamstring twinge so I cut them short

Sleep 8 hours

Supplements
Testopro~
Perform~
Cycle support one scoop
Glycobol- 2 20-30 minutes before post workout meal
Essentials and joint- 3 scoops post workout
Recoverpro 2 scoops -one before training , and one between meals

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
damn John, you're a machine! been watching the workouts and your "rest" days....keep it up!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
eek. is your ham ok now?
yeah its fine. I can barely walk

anytime I feel like a twinge or on the verge of an injury I quit the workout cold turkey. Dante9DC inventor) did a post on this and right before it happens the body tells you , whether it be that workout or a second before, don't keep pushing for sake of the ego.

damn John, you're a machine! been watching the workouts and your "rest" days....keep it up!
Thank you. I may try to film a good exercise or two sometime. no promises though

If you are bored here is a HITT seminar. Great stuff. I believe in Hitt over volume; although, I do think some volume works. Hitt makes total sense to myself and I have been using it for at least three years now

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrpFjdgtrt0&feature=related"]YouTube- Mike Mentzer's Underground Seminar - Part I[/nomedia]

v1hyp

v1hyp

Awards
225-228ish. Nutrition is posted daily. Nine and a half. I did a video at eleven weeks out, I'll probably do at least one more as I get leaner and the progress really starts showing.

(which seems to happen toward the very end, hopefully I'll get it right, if not, at least I'll know more next time to work with which is always the goal to improve from the last time)

I followed your contest log on IM and saw your pictures and conditioning is one of your strengths, from my eyes.
Thanks for your comments John. If I can help any, just ask or pm me!! Keep it up!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
August 24 th 2010 Stats

Nutrition
320 P
220 C
15 F

Activity:weights, legs

Donkey Calve raise
350lbs=11x's

barbell squat (ass complete to floor, wish I had my friend video tape these)
225lbs=10x's

Strait leg dead lift
225lbs=10x's

Seated Leg curl
150lbs=10x's

Glute ham raise, started to do them and felt my hamstring twinge so I cut them short

Sleep 8 hours

Supplements
Testopro~
Perform~
Cycle support one scoop
Glycobol- 2 20-30 minutes before post workout meal
Essentials and joint- 3 scoops post workout
Recoverpro 2 scoops -one before training , and one between meals
Great stuff John as always!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
keep giving it hell, john.:bigok:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 25 th 2010 Statistics

Nutrition
300 P
220 C
25 F
2,300 calories

activity: cardio separated by weights

cardio 45 minutes lower intensity-I could say middle intensity I am going to stick with saying lower though

weights: Traps, neck, abs ( I warm up a couple sets usually on every exercise I just don't write it down)

seated dumb bell shrugs(slow and controlled hold, so traps shake, I only train traps pre contest)
85lbs=13x's
85lbs=12x's

Neck raises (off bench) The neck is one of the easiest body parts to grow mine blows up in a month or two of training. Calves and arms take much much more time.
25 lbs=10x's

abs

weighted leg ups
15lbs=15x's
20lbs=15x's
20lbs=16x's

Captains chair( legs are plenty heavy)

Sleep 8 hours

Supplements used
Recoverpro -2 scoops
cycle support one scoop
Perform ~
Testopro~

I bought Chris Acteos Championship Bodybuilding book from Amazon and am excited to begin reading and learning contest preparation tips I can use to make my body better.