John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First thing this morning- popped two motivates and one scoop of RecoverPRO, headed off to the gym and did 40 minutes high intensity interval cardio.

right after that I video recorded this. I would like to hear you the readers thoughts for me being eleven weeks out.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj2iD0uCs8I"]YouTube- Aug. 14th 2010.AVI[/nomedia]

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^holy crap dude. awesome
Thanks for the kind words.

Honestly, competition speaking because in the competition world of bodybuilding there are some tough dudes to beat that made me look like the pills-berry dough boy last year.

I do not think it is that impressive for being this short out. This is my second show so I learned this year to not let my body fat get too high because it makes contest preparation easier.

On a positive note, body fat seems to be coming off so at least I do not seem to be at a sticking point. Any bodybuilders goal is to come in better than the last time onstage.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I think you're behind, just step it up a bit and you should still be ok. You have all the size you're going to need, now it's all about the conditioning. Just go get it !

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes I think you're behind, just step it up a bit and you should still be ok. You have all the size you're going to need, now it's all about the conditioning. Just got get!!
Thanks for the advice, is great to have your thoughts.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
subb'd, look'n forward to the end results. Good luck

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday's stats

Nutrition 2,435

300 protein of course from a lot of sources,
230 carbs
35 fat

if you all have any questions on details,what foods I eat, and why etc dont hold back

Supplementation(remember this is an Anabolic Innovations log)
RecoverPro 2x's before and after training in between meals
Glycobol 2 before my Post workout meal
Testopro~
Perform~
Essentials and joint~
cycle support-one scoop(goes well with any whey shake)

Sleep 7-8 hours
John are you using the new orange Cycle Support?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don, sure am.great stuff. The Ingredients in my opinion help with muscle gains like the NAC increasing glutathione. and of course all the other ingredients like the hawthorn for blood pressure, milk thistle for liver, celery for joints and blood pressure, saw palmetto. Anabolic Innovations supplements are helping me a good bit.

when I wasn't a sponsored Athlete I used to spend all my paychecks on a lot of natural supplements and I mean a lot of money over the years. A lot of the supplements do work, the gains are sometimes very small, every little bit adds up and I believe these natural supplements(non hormonal) help a lot, especially when you have a couple or more going at once.This is not a poor mans sport. If you do not have the money choose your supplements wisely, and feel free to ask me or any of the Anabolic Innovations reps to recommend a product for your specific needs and well help out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes I think you're behind, just step it up a bit and you should still be ok. You have all the size you're going to need, now it's all about the conditioning. Just got get!!
i agree-from watching the video he has good size. imo, maybe needs to cut around 10 lbs-if he can cut 10lbs of mostly water/fat he will be looking good for the contest.

props on all your progress john, i know you have worked hard.:bigok:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what I use and within a couple weeks I was showing signs of better prostate health and my supps seem to work better for me.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I use and within a couple weeks I was showing signs of better prostate health and my supps seem to work better for me.
Good to hear Doug.

Great feedback John and Doug on the orange Cycle Support. It is a greath general health supp and the taste has improved greatly. It is also nice to get 20% more for free.:)
and it mixes well with protein shakes.(I use it with regular vanilla protein)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yesterdays Stats

Nutrition
335 grams protein
160 carbs
35 fats
2,300 cals

Supplements
~Two Motivates first thing before cardio
~One scoop RecoverpRo before cardio(helps preserve muscle and does not raise insulin like say a carb meal would[a lot more] the benfits to ratio pays off in favor of BCAA before fasted cardio)
~Testopro
~Perform
~Cycle support, one scoop

Sleep
around eight hours-the intense cardio seemed to help me sleep better

I was watching a movie yesterday and got so relaxed I took a nap I don't know how long, maybe 15-20 minutes. when i got up I felt more energized. Just a little nap can re-energize.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 15th 2010 Cardio

Popped two motivates and one scoop of RecoverPRo , headed to the gym, and did 40 minutes high intensity interval cardio. I went into a different world it was so intense, I had to close my eyes, it felt mystical like a meditation. Then I opened them and was so short on breath I realized I possibly came close to passing out. The feeling was out of this world what happened.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
August 15th 2010 Cardio

Popped two motivates and one scoop of RecoverPRo , headed to the gym, and did 40 minutes high intensity interval cardio. I went into a different world it was so intense, I had to close my eyes, it felt mystical like a meditation. Then I opened them and was so short on breath I realized I possibly came close to passing out. The feeling was out of this world what happened.
Sounds like an awesome day at the gym.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^that. i've become a regular user of CS2.0 orange as well, in my whey shakes 2X/day :sombrero:
Good to see people are wising up, it tastes good too. This is more than a cycle recovery product...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see people are wising up, it tastes good too. This is more than a cycle recovery product...
Sure is there are many people that use it for general health. The Life Support is great for that also it is capped but is 1/2 the dose of Cycle Support.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man you have incredibly thick legs, well everywhere actually. You may want to think about lowering carbs a bit to help accelerate fat loss to be in the shape you want to in 11 weeks. You can definitely make it to contest shape but you will need to really pull out all the stops to get to 4% like you want. It may not be your cup of tea but keto, or CKD might be the best way to go to catch up to where you want to be. Just something to think about.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man you have incredibly thick legs, well everywhere actually. You may want to think about lowering carbs a bit to help accelerate fat loss to be in the shape you want to in 11 weeks. You can definitely make it to contest shape but you will need to really pull out all the stops to get to 4% like you want. It may not be your cup of tea but keto, or CKD might be the best way to go to catch up to where you want to be. Just something to think about.
advice taken Chris. Thanks for your wisdom. When body fat is stalled I will implement lowering carbs on off days.

I can't/won't go too long on real low carbs or I can not function so maybe a couple days out of the week, when I get to that stage. I did the while zero carb thing back in 2009 and felt like complete ish.

I like to do one thing at a time , when fat loss stalls, and see if that works.

legs are genetic , had them huge before I started training with weights,my girlfriend used to lay on them and tell me how big they were, whole family has huge upper legs without training them, we have alleyways been fast runners, I always beat anyone in the mile as a kid out of thirty kids, 4-6x's in 3,4 and 6th grade(2 x's per year). The only person that could beat me and my brother in short distance were very select far and few between black people, and we still gave them a tough time. I attribute it to German genetics.

(I wish some other body parts would be like them,I have to train my calves like mad to match them, I actually stopped training upper legs for three months)

My next upcoming workout I am only doing one set for quads, thats all I really need

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
advice taken Chris. Thanks for your wisdom. When body fat is stalled I will implement lowering carbs on off days.

I can't/won't go too long on real low carbs or I can not function so maybe a couple days out of the week, when I get to that stage. I did the while zero carb thing back in 2009 and felt like complete ish.

I like to do one thing at a time , when fat loss stalls, and see if that works.

legs are genetic , had them huge before I started training with weights,my girlfriend used to lay on them and tell me how big they were, whole family has huge upper legs without training them, we have alleyways been fast runners, I always beat anyone in the mile as a kid out of thirty kids, 4-6x's in 3,4 and 6th grade(2 x's per year). The only person that could beat me and my brother in short distance were very select far and few between black people, and we still gave them a tough time. I attribute it to German genetics.

(I wish some other body parts would be like them,I have to train my calves like mad to match them, I actually stopped training upper legs for three months)

My next upcoming workout I am only doing one set for quads, thats all I really need
Lucky!

Great vid and progress thus far.

Keep at it man, you will make your goal.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterdays Nutrition
280 protein
150 carbs
35 fat
2,035 calories

supplementation(remember this is an Anabolic Innovations log and I am here to promote the products)
Testopro~
Perform~
Cycle support~
Motivate 2 capsules upon awaking

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 16th 2010
Chest Shoulders Traps, biceps supersetted with triceps

Incline Smith
210lbs=9x's
Flat dumb bell press
85lbs=9x's(shoulder was tweaking so I am keeping an eye on this)
Flat dumb bell fly
50lbs=8x's

Nautilus overhead press
170lbs=12x's

Nautilus side lateral machine
left side 120=10, 150=12 =)(very happy about this)
right side 120=10,150=12
seated dumb bell press
65lbs=6x's

*I only work my traps pre-contest due to I do not like too big traps.

Db shrug
85lbs=15x's
105=15x's
Barbell behind the back shrugs(Lee Haney way)
315=10x's

seated alternating dumb bell curl supersetted with
45lbs=6x's
Triceps Pullover
80lbs=10x's

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lucky!

Great vid and progress thus far.

Keep at it man, you will make your goal.
Thanks Kristofer, I can Imagine how Paul Dillet must feel, every one of his body parts are like that. he can be lazy on all or most of them and have them explode.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While Im at it, Every one of you reading this are better at something than myself and visa. we all have our own strengths are weakness's and every person is superior to yourself in some way. (I'm not just talking about bodybuilding I am talking about all of life's skills)

I try to show everyone as much respect as I can because I know I am inferior to them at some thing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
While Im at it, Every one of you reading this are better at something than myself and visa. we all have our own strengths are weakness's and every person is superior to yourself in some way. (I'm not just talking about bodybuilding I am talking about all of life's skills)

I try to show everyone as much respect as I can because I know I am inferior to them at some thing.
abe lincoln once said-'i never met a man i couldn't learn something from'.

when asked once why he wasn't saying much abe said-'i learn more from listening than talking'.

ole abe was a wise man.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
sorry im late,def in on this one.give it hell john!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My traps get too big whether I train them or not. I never train traps.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

very true statement. Legs always was my strong point from all the years of cross country running.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed...I'll be stopping by as often as I can!

Give it hell John!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
also, I like the video updates...looking forward to seeing the progress across these!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes everyone has a genetic gift of some sort. I have tiny joints great for bodybuilding not so much for powerlifting. My legs are genetically lean and hold a good bit of muscle even when not worked. However my true gift is the calves. I have no need to work them. I do sometimes just to do it but when it comes to calves I can walk up and beat most people's calves without training them at all. They stay 17 inches and shredded even when not trained. Considering my knee is only 13.75 inches around at the biggest point makes them look huge. However I won't ever have the Holy Crap tree trunk legs that you do. But with my tiny knees i only need about a 25.5-26 inch thigh for them to look huge so one more inch!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes everyone has a genetic gift of some sort. I have tiny joints great for bodybuilding not so much for powerlifting. My legs are genetically lean and hold a good bit of muscle even when not worked. However my true gift is the calves. I have no need to work them. I do sometimes just to do it but when it comes to calves I can walk up and beat most people's calves without training them at all. They stay 17 inches and shredded even when not trained. Considering my knee is only 13.75 inches around at the biggest point makes them look huge. However I won't ever have the Holy Crap tree trunk legs that you do. But with my tiny knees i only need about a 25.5-26 inch thigh for them to look huge so one more inch!!!!
Calves, Traps, Front delts and back are my stronger areas. I probably don't have to work calves much either and never work traps or it gets scary... and you guys know ize thick... but that takes work... Legs are getting better and chest is always a problem. Some of that is injuries...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Calves, Traps, Front delts and back are my stronger areas. I probably don't have to work calves much either and never work traps or it gets scary... and you guys know ize thick... but that takes work... Legs are getting better and chest is always a problem. Some of that is injuries...
I am with you on that chest has always been a problem for me also.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
chest is finally good on me, biceps... booooooooooooo mine suck. My triceps are 90% of these arms!!!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol, still trying to figure out what my strong points are...:think:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aug 16th 2010 and 17th nutrition and supplements

Nutrition-"refeed day: weight did not go down;however I am coming back from a two month upper body layoff and it is possible I have gained that muscle back)
270 protein
520 carbs
20 fat
3,340 calories

supplements
Glycobol-2 before PWO (post workout out)
Perform
Testopro
Cycle support
Essentials and joint

Sleep 8 hours

August 17th 2010 nutrition
365 protein
190 carbs
25 fat
2,510 calories

Supplements
Glycobol 2 30-45 minutes before post workout meal(My battery died , left my lights on and I differently felt the low blood sugar level I couldn't think right , some say you arnt effected, I am every single time If I dont eat within 30 mins or less)
RecoverPRO-2 scoops
Perform ~
Testopro~
Cycle Support ( one scoop)
Essentials and joint

sleep 9 hours, and 45 minute nap after the workout

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 17th 2010 Calves, Hamstrings, Quads

Donkey Calve riase
350lbs=9x's
dumb bell between feet reverse
60lbs=9x's

Lying leg curl
130lbs=5x's

Seated leg curl
140lbs=15x's

Incline Glute-ham raise
45lbs=10x's

Leg press
5 plates=10x's (did not go to failure)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 18th 2010-completely off

My plan is to follow my plan. In addition,I listen to my body and change the plan if my body tells me to. That is the beauty of pre-contest you can stay on a strict plan , and if it does not work and you keep staying on it, it can actually backfire. then again, it may work, so I know a little about being in tune with my body and using it for this contest preparation.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

My plan is to follow my plan. In addition,I listen to my body and change the plan if my body tells me to. That is the beauty of pre-contest you can stay on a strict plan , and if it does not work and you keep staying on it, it can actually backfire. then again, it may work, so I know a little about being in tune with my body and using it for this contest preparation.
excellent point-basically same advice i gave today-listen to your body.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Great plan you have John. Hope you enjoyed your off day.:)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great plan you have John. Hope you enjoyed your off day.:)
he probably went to the woods with an axe and cut down a few trees. came home and put a new roof on his house. got bored and went for a 10 mile run. nice OFF day john!!!:box:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
he probably went to the woods with an axe and cut down a few trees. came home and put a new roof on his house. got bored and went for a 10 mile run. nice OFF day john!!!:box:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know more about your body then many here, and you have vry sound advice, looking good so far, how are you feeling!?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/159109-votum-takes-mrkleens.html#post2542557

New log :p
I am feeling pretty good. The reason I took off the last couple days because I wore my body down. (not enough calories to handle the cardio and workouts) and taking off when too worn out helps with testosterone levels.

I am feeling pretty good today as today I woke up feeling good.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must admit I did go grocery shopping and a couple more things. :sombrero:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
August 18th 2010 statistics

Nutrition
285 P
180 C
40 F
2,220 calories

Supplements
Cycle Support 1 scoop
Perform ~
Testopro ~

Sleep 9 hours and an hour nap

Training None

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
August 18th 2010 statistics

Nutrition
285 P
180 C
40 F
2,220 calories

Supplements
Cycle Support 1 scoop
Perform ~
Testopro ~

Sleep 9 hours and an hour nap

Training None
Damn I envy your naps I just cannot do them anymore or it screws me up for the night.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn I envy your naps I just cannot do them anymore or it screws me up for the night.
I don't even try I end up lying down stretching out on the sofa and watching my 48 inch flat screen , find a good movie or Tv show or something and eyelids gets heavy.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't even try I end up lying down stretching out on the sofa and watching my 48 inch flat screen , find a good movie or Tv show or something and eyelids gets heavy.
Your a lucky man.:)