My bulking Supps, good?

viviblm

Awards
OK I have plateaued on my bulking, went from about 124 to 140, hoping to add some supps to help get over it. Here is what I plan to start taking, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I should not take something or should add something.

1. Opti-men (3 times daily)
2. Fish Oil (twice a day)
3. Iron Pill (once a day, mild anemia)
4. Animal M-Stak (45min pre workout)
5. Animal Pump (30min pre workout)

of course I am still taking my protein shakes and trying to eat like a monster.

thanks for any help!

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
OK I have plateaued on my bulking, went from about 124 to 140, hoping to add some supps to help get over it. Here is what I plan to start taking, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I should not take something or should add something.

1. Opti-men (3 times daily)
2. Fish Oil (twice a day)
3. Iron Pill (once a day, mild anemia)
4. Animal M-Stak (45min pre workout)
5. Animal Pump (30min pre workout)

of course I am still taking my protein shakes and trying to eat like a monster.

thanks for any help!
eating like a monster is not very accurate in describing your eating habits. tons of people say they eat alot of food but if you dont know the amount of calories youre taking in then chances are you probably arent eating enough. Posting your actual diet would be alot better

co1e train

Awards
Do you have set macros? Are your calories at least 200 plus of your maintenance?

tygy96

Awards
eating like a monster is not very accurate in describing your eating habits. tons of people say they eat alot of food but if you dont know the amount of calories youre taking in then chances are you probably arent eating enough. Posting your actual diet would be alot better
perfect. If you have been bulking without recording your calories then you need to do that first, it will easily push you through your plateau by figuring out how many calories you consume per day to maintain weight and then adding increments of 200 calories from there.

In my opinion, once you start a heavy bulk like you seem to have done, the work never ends, your new weight will require more calories each day to maintain it. If you are not at where you want to end up, you must keep increasing calories, your 120 pound frame does not require anywhere close to the amount of nutrients your 140 pound frame does.

get your diet in check first, supps can follow after

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
1lb of bacon, 1cup of coconut oil, 12 eggs a day. In addition to whatever else you're eating.

Most likely, you have no idea what eating like a monster really is. ;)
I like the cut of your jib. :food:

Grimninja117

Grimninja117

Awards
Haha when my buddy was runnin his hormone stack and he went from 210-225 in a month everyone asked him how he did it, and his only reply was... "Food!"

anabayalic

Awards
I agree wth over half of the anabolic minds on here sayin food,food,food! I wuld also add in rest,rest,rest & less outside stress,stress,stress! Thn supps can b put into ur bulking plan to push ur self to the edge of thngs. Also, nutrition is the hardest to do so it does become very discouraging but knw there is no magic pill...

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
1lb of bacon, 1cup of coconut oil, 12 eggs a day. )
mmmm that sounds like eating like a retard to me lol. :lol:

but i agree. most people (including me) think they are eating enough but aren't. if i were the OP i'd ditch the iron pill and eat alot more red meat. also make a point to eat two or 3 pb&j's everyday in addition to your normal food.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
PBJ sandwiches? In my day, you only ate those if you didn't have enough money for REAL food.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
PBJ sandwiches? In my day, you only ate those if you didn't have enough money for REAL food.

if your day was a long time ago they only used crappy peanut butter.

now people use natural peanut butters like 'naturally more', that have 4g of omega 3s, more protein, no trans fat, more fiber, with less sugar.

peter pan peanut butter , along with all normal peanut butter is TRASH and shouldn't be used on a bulk or cut.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
P&J is an awesome sandwich for an in between meals snack. i make a double decker P&J. its amazing.

Kookahdoo

Kookahdoo

Awards
  • Established
A change in your workout routine can also spark growth. Assuming your diet is spot on, I would look into shocking your muscles. It might be likely that your plateau can be contributed from doing the same workouts over and over.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Macros are important in my opinion, at least until you get into the swing of things. Most people are barely eating their maintanence calories because they're not used to eating so much. Once you have a better idea of how much protein/carbs/fats youre actually consuming, you will probably see better results.

Fitday.com has a free online tracker, and offers a software that you can download onto your PC, it is similar to the diet tracker on this site, but I personally like the layout. I would try and track your macros for at least 2-4 weeks, until you get into a "routine" with your eating.

I also agree that changing up your routine a bit helps to build. Muscle confusion is effective because you're stimulating your muscle fibers in different ways.

As far as your supplements go, they seem on point. Supplements have their place, but if your diet is right where it should be, you will see the biggest difference there.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
if your day was a long time ago they only used crappy peanut butter.

now people use natural peanut butters like 'naturally more', that have 4g of omega 3s, more protein, no trans fat, more fiber, with less sugar.

peter pan peanut butter , along with all normal peanut butter is TRASH and shouldn't be used on a bulk or cut.
I've had Teddie's from Walmarts. It's still crap. And adding jelly to it just makes it just tastier crap.