MMA Secondary Shows Fantasy League

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
True. I hope we're not the only 2 participating. Seems like the MMA section here started to dwindle when Pride was bought by the UFC:sick:
That's gay if true. It might be because they don't follow the smaller shows.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's gay if true. It might be because they don't follow the smaller shows.
It might just be coincidence. Rodja is busy with school and fighting, Savage is busy with Avant Research, and this old Wilford Brimley dude is busy protecting America:twisted: It does seem like some of the non regular posters lost interest with Pride being bought.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
It might just be coincidence. Rodja is busy with school and fighting, Savage is busy with Avant Research, and this old Wilford Brimley dude is busy protecting America:twisted: It does seem like some of the non regular posters lost interest with Pride being bought.
They seem to come from the woodwork occasionally.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
They seem to come from the woodwork occasionally.
Yeah, some of the guys that are into MMA nowadays are such fairweather fans. MMA is the fad right now, a lot of these guys wouldn't be into it if it weren't the "in" thing.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The problem is that it's all little guys (145 and under) besides the 2 champ fights at 155 and 170. I don't know much about those little bastards.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
WEC Welterweight Championship:

Carlos Condit/1/Sub

WEC Lightweight Championship:

Varner / 1 / TKO

WEC Bantamweight Championship:

Chase Beebe /Dec

Tapia / 2 / KO

Garcia / 2 /KO

Mark Hominick / 2 / sub

Wheeler / 1/ Submission

Valencia / Decision

Chance Farrar / Decision

Jorgensen / 3 / Submission

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. I hope we're not the only 2 participating. Seems like the MMA section here started to dwindle when Pride was bought by the UFC:sick:
For my part, I don't participate in the secondary league because of being unbelievably busy with USP, and then being unbelievably sick on top of that.

And not trying to start **** here, but I think quite a few of the old regulars stopped because the atmosphere of the MMA Section has changed in recent months; that isn't just something I'm saying now, another reg., member PM'ed upon my return in September to warn me.

Now, and don't spaz here Mouth, you add on top of that a poster who shows a massive amount of disrespect in coming to this forum, assuming he is god's gift to MMA because he promotes low-tier shows (not an insult, just being honest), changing a regular contest, and posting massive amounts of worthless threads, it's going to kill the atmosphere. Look at the contest thread, it's going, but where's the regular banter we used to have? Completely gone. People participate in it, but only because Mouth promised a prize, which I suppose proved my point in arguing with him in the first place.

For some of the older contest threads we'd have 8 pages for one card. Now, this was BS, for the most part, but that's the point. The friendly atmosphere is gone and so a few of the posters have taken a back seat as well. Just my 2c.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
For my part, I don't participate in the secondary league because of being unbelievably busy with USP, and then being unbelievably sick on top of that.

And not trying to start **** here, but I think quite a few of the old regulars stopped because the atmosphere of the MMA Section has changed in recent months; that isn't just something I'm saying now, another reg., member PM'ed upon my return in September to warn me.

Now, and don't spaz here Mouth, you add on top of that a poster who shows a massive amount of disrespect in coming to this forum, assuming he is god's gift to MMA because he promotes low-tier shows (not an insult, just being honest), changing a regular contest, and posting massive amounts of worthless threads, it's going to kill the atmosphere. Look at the contest thread, it's going, but where's the regular banter we used to have? Completely gone. People participate in it, but only because Mouth promised a prize, which I suppose proved my point in arguing with him in the first place.

For some of the older contest threads we'd have 8 pages for one card. Now, this was BS, for the most part, but that's the point. The friendly atmosphere is gone and so a few of the posters have taken a back seat as well. Just my 2c.
Yep and you aren't ever a ****. Hypocrit.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep and you aren't ever a ****. Hypocrit.
I'm not really here to sling insults, I was more or less making a valid point. I am a ****, but that's neither here nor there.

Alex made an observation and I was adding my 2c, a 2c that I don't think was presented in a dickhead way.

Point being, if your contributions are as valid as you think they are than why has posting gone down since you started creating threads regularly? We're both douchebags, but when I came into the MMA Forum I didn't try to change the whole setup because I know Dana White's phone #, know what I mean?

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really here to sling insults, I was more or less making a valid point. I am a ****, but that's neither here nor there.

Alex made an observation and I was adding my 2c, a 2c that I don't think was presented in a dickhead way.

Point being, if your contributions are as valid as you think they are than why has posting gone down since you started creating threads regularly? We're both douchebags, but when I came into the MMA Forum I didn't try to change the whole setup because I know Dana White's phone #, know what I mean?

Because I'm working on a show right now and have less free time obviously.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The problem is that it's all little guys (145 and under) besides the 2 champ fights at 155 and 170. I don't know much about those little bastards.
Why even bother, when you can just toss those guys around, right:twisted:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Let's play a game. If I guess who PM'd you and am right you have to tell me? OK, 2 guesses. My first guess is Roger in Ruuuuuuuuuuuussssian, and my second guess is a Savage beast.

I don't think Mouth destroyed the MMA section. I think it was already heading downhill. Rogue, who was one of the most entertaining and regular posters had already headed for the hills. Savage didn't post much anymore at that point, too busy with Avant I guess. Roger did seem to be quite disgusted, but he has a low threshold for douchebaggery.

The good news is, your back, Jas actually knows what's going on nowadays:twisted:, and Mouth knows his sh*t and has an inside track on some info. Guys like Beo need to post more regularly, instead of grading papers just give em all B's. Mouth did enter like he was god or something, but since he has been a decent guy. Hopefully some of the old regulars will re-appear. I just hope I don't end up talking to myself in here, like I do at home:blink:

I think the main problem is when people come here to post and realize that this dude Alexandrovanavich is here and knows everything, their is really no point to them uselessly dribbling:blink::twisted::stick:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's play a game. If I guess who PM'd you and am right you have to tell me? OK, 2 guesses. My first guess is Roger in Ruuuuuuuuuuuussssian, and my second guess is a Savage beast.

I don't think Mouth destroyed the MMA section. I think it was already heading downhill. Rogue, who was one of the most entertaining and regular posters had already headed for the hills. Savage didn't post much anymore at that point, too busy with Avant I guess. Roger did seem to be quite disgusted, but he has a low threshold for douchebaggery.

The good news is, your back, Jas actually knows what's going on nowadays:twisted:, and Mouth knows his sh*t and has an inside track on some info. Mouth did enter like he was god or something, but since he has been a decent guy. Hopefully some of the old regulars will re-appear. I just hope I don't end up talking to myself in here, like I do at home:blink:
No, no it was already on the downhill, I didn't mean he caused it.

Both guesses were wrong. It was Come Sail Away.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No, no it was already on the downhill, I didn't mean he caused it.

Both guesses were wrong. It was Come Sail Away.
I only have an IQ of like 80, could I get another clue. That doesn't mean Wilford does it?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Google "Come Sail Away" and the first result should jog your memory.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My thinking was way off, nice clue though. I guess you're right about the friendly atmosphere thing. At the same time I don't want a big group hug forum where everyone agrees to keep things 'civil'.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
If being matter of fact and then not being wrong on top of it has me coming in like god... so be it. I don't really care. When you get past the fact that your pride is in the way you will see I'm capable of carrying on lengthy conversations about a topic without calling names I'm a pretty easy dude to get a long with... not to mention I jump to help people because I love MMA. Ask tatooedpierced if you dont think I offer **** up. It's unfair for you to get all butt hurt when I come on here with a ton of news because a ton of people don't have any other outlets they use. If you know what it is... let the thread die. I don't come on here and bash anyone... someone makes a statement, and I disagree, I say I disagree. Nothing more nothing less... I see no problems here.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If being matter of fact and then not being wrong on top of it has me coming in like god... so be it.
You tried to argue 'Page had world class wrestling, were proved wrong straight up, and then used a ****ty promotional video showing nothing to prove your point. Don't be so arrogant.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
You tried to argue 'Page had world class wrestling, were proved wrong straight up, and then used a ****ty promotional video showing nothing to prove your point. Don't be so arrogant.
No. Now you are being literal. Not gonna rehash this with a guy that struggles to justify himself.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If being matter of fact and then not being wrong on top of it has me coming in like god... so be it. I don't really care. When you get past the fact that your pride is in the way you will see I'm capable of carrying on lengthy conversations about a topic without calling names I'm a pretty easy dude to get a long with... not to mention I jump to help people because I love MMA. Ask tatooedpierced if you dont think I offer **** up. It's unfair for you to get all butt hurt when I come on here with a ton of news because a ton of people don't have any other outlets they use. If you know what it is... let the thread die. I don't come on here and bash anyone... someone makes a statement, and I disagree, I say I disagree. Nothing more nothing less... I see no problems here.
Fair enough. I don't think anyone has a problem with you. I think Mullet was just giving you one last stab because you annoyed him in the beginning and could've contributed to some decent posters being disinterested. It's kinda like you walked into a party loud as hell and acting like you were the sh*t, nobody is gonna like that guy at first. Once you get to know the guy he's probably a cool dude, but at first it's a bit obnoxious. Now that we know you, its all good, your a nice guy and I appreciate your contribution. I think that should be the end of bashing you, except the regular abominable snowman jokes of course:twisted:

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough. I don't think anyone has a problem with you. I think Mullet was just giving you one last stab because you annoyed him in the beginning and could've contributed to some decent posters being disinterested. It's kinda like you walked into a party loud as hell and acting like you were the sh*t, nobody is gonna like that guy at first. Once you get to know the guy he's probably a cool dude, but at first it's a bit obnoxious. Now that we know you, its all good, your a nice guy and I appreciate your contribution. I think that should be the end of bashing you, except the regular abominable snowman jokes of course:twisted:
Im not even sure I get the snowman joke.

Did I tell you why I had to move my show and scrap my card?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, dude, your forhead is sloped, your fat and big, and your eyebrows are bushy. Not to be a ****, but that's the joke. :twisted:

EDIT:

Jas and Alexander would give me the same treatment, so don't get in a tizzy about that.

You're really not that bad, I suppose.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Haha, dude, your forhead is sloped, your fat and big, and your eyebrows are bushy. Not to be a ****, but that's the joke. :twisted:

EDIT:

Jas and Alexander would give me the same treatment, so don't get in a tizzy about that.

You're really not that bad, I suppose.
None of the above is true. My eyebrows can't be bushy as they get waxed twice a month.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, unless that avi wasn't you brother, I think it's pretty accurate. That's why it's funny. :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, well, have you ever seen jas? I think he has you beat.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mullet, you feeling better, got a little fistiness in you.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, my girl's been here, smoking crank, and taking care of me in between trips to the dealer and stealing bottles.

She said she was glad she came down, jas was servicing her while I was sick, and she said that was like parking a Volkswagen Beetle into a garage that's used to having a Semi in it.

And why have neither of you commented on the utter lack of pigment in my legs? Seriously, they even scare me a little bit.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my girl's been here, smoking crank, and taking care of me in between trips to the dealer and stealing bottles.

She said she was glad she came down, jas was servicing her while I was sick, and she said that was like parking a Volkswagen Beetle into a garage that's used to having a Semi in it.

And why have neither of you commented on the utter lack of pigment in my legs? Seriously, they even scare me a little bit.
I figured you edited it so your muscles would have some shadow. Without it... there would be no definition.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know, my powder-esque skin tone robs me of a shredded look. I actually have veins on those bad boys, and everywhere else, that don't show. You know what that's all about though. :twisted:

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I know, my powder-esque skin tone robs me of a shredded look. I actually have veins on those bad boys, and everywhere else, that don't show. You know what that's all about though. :twisted:
hey thats cool, I suddenly remember what lunch tastes like.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
-Carlos Condit def. Carlo Prater by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 3:48, R1
-Jamie Varner def. Rob McCullough by KO (Punch) at 2:54, R3
-Miguel Torres def. Chase Beebe by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 3:59, R1
-Manny Tapia def. Antonio Banuelos by Split Decision, R3
-Leonard Garcia def. Hiroyuki Takaya by KO (Punches) at 1:31, R1
-Josh Grispi def. Mark Hominick by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:55, R1
-Coty Wheeler def. Del Hawkins by Submission (Armbar) at 1:57, R2
-Damacio Page def. Scott Jorgensen by Unanimous Decision, R3
-Yoshiro Maeda def. Charlie Valencia by TKO (Body Kick) at 2:29, R1
-Micah Miller def. Chance Farrar by KO (Punch) at 1:39, R1

ME

Carlo Prater (170) vs. Carlos Condit (167.5) Prater / Decision --- 0/0/0

Jamie Varner (155) vs. Rob McCullough (155) Varner / 2 / TKO --- 3/0/1

Miguel Torres (133.5) vs. Chase Beebe (135) Torres / 3 / Submission --- 3/0/1

Manny Tapia (135) vs. Antonio Banuelos (136) Banuelos / 2 / TKO-KO --- 0/0/0

Hiroyuki Takaya (143) vs. Leonard Garcia (145) Garcia / 2 / TKO-KO --- 3/0/1

Josh Grispi (143) vs. Mark Hominick (146) Grispi / 1 / KO-TKO --- 3/1/0

Del Hawkins (135) vs. Ox Wheeler (134.5) Wheeler / 1/ Submission --- 3/0/1

Yoshiro Maeda (136) vs. Charlie Valencia (136) Valencia / Decision --- 0/0/0

Micah Miller (146) vs. Chance Farrar (146) Miller / 2 / Submission --- 3/0/0

Scott Jorgensen (136) vs. Damacio Page (135) Jorgensen / 2 / Submission --- 0/0/0

Total = 23

Alexander

Condit-2-KO --- 3/0/0
Varner-1-KO --- 3/0/1
Beebe-Dec --- 0/0/0
Banuelos-1-Sub --- 0/0/0
Garcia-2-KO --- 3/0/1
Hominick-2-KO --- 0/0/0
Wheeler-2-Sub --- 3/0/1
Valencia-Dec --- 0/0/0
Miller-2-Sub --- 3/0/0
"Damacio"-2-KO --- 3/0/0

Total = 21

Jas

Carlos Condit/1/Sub --- 3/1/1

Varner / 1 / TKO --- 3/0/1

Chase Beebe /Dec --- 0/0/0

Tapia / 2 / KO --- 3/0/0

Garcia / 2 /KO --- 3/0/1

Mark Hominick / 2 / sub --- 0/0/0

Wheeler / 1/ Submission --- 3/0/1

Valencia / Decision --- 0/0/0

Chance Farrar / Decision --- 0/0/0

Jorgensen / 3 / Submission --- 0/0/0

Total = 20

RANKINGS AFTER 2 EVENTS

#1 --- TheMouth --- Total Points 56

#2 --- Alexander --- Total Points 48

#3 --- Jas --- Total Points 37

#4 --- Beowulf --- Total Points 13

Last edited:
TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
EliteXC -- Feb 16th -- PICKS MUST BE IN BY 5PM ON SATURDAY.

Kevin Ferguson (Pictures) vs. Tank Abbott

Antonio Silva vs. Ricco Rodriguez (Pictures)

Scott Smith vs. Kyle Noke (Pictures)

Yves Edwards (Pictures) vs. James Edson Berto (Pictures)

James Thompson (Pictures) vs. Brett Rogers (Pictures)

Rafael Feijao vs. John Doyle

Jon Kirk (Pictures) vs. Yosmany Cabezas

Mario Rinaldi (Pictures) vs. Dave Herman

Eric Bradley vs. Mikey Gomez

Lorenzo Borgomeo vs. Mike Bernhard

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mouth, what do you think about picking winner only for pre-lim fights, resulting in them only being worth 3 at most? Just a suggestion.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Seperate this elite XC in prelim and non-prelim.... cause I can't find any... and I am fine with that.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Cool, the bottom 5 are prelims. Got that Jas and Beo, only pick winners for the prelims, and this is only for the secondary shows.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I've had a busy week and haven't been around, but I see some things don't change.

I'm pissed I missed the WEC contest. I think I had good picks there. Did I mention that I TOLD YOU ABOUT GRISPI!!!! :D

Half of these are pure guesses:
Kevin Ferguson -TKO Rd. 1
Antonio Silva -TKO Rd. 2
Scott Smith -KO Rd. 2
Yves Edwards -TKO Rd. 2
Brett Rogers -KO Rd. 1
Rafael Feijao -Sub Rd. 3
Yosmany Cabezas -KO Rd. 2
Mario Rinaldi -KO Rd. 1
Mikey Gomez -Sub Rd. 1

Lorenzo Borgomeo -Sub Rd. 2

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
of course you have veins on your legs, your skin is practically see through. Props to you for posting that pic its downright horrid.:run:

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
EliteXC -- Feb 16th -- PICKS MUST BE IN BY 5PM ON SATURDAY.

Kevin Ferguson (Pictures) vs. Tank Abbott --- Ferguson / 1 / Submission

Antonio Silva vs. Ricco Rodriguez (Pictures) --- Silva / 1 / KO-TKO

Scott Smith vs. Kyle Noke (Pictures) --- Noke / 2 / KO-TKO

Yves Edwards (Pictures) vs. James Edson Berto (Pictures) --- Edwards / 2 / Submission

James Thompson (Pictures) vs. Brett Rogers (Pictures) --- Rogers / 1 / KO-TKO

Rafael Feijao vs. John Doyle --- Doyle

Jon Kirk (Pictures) vs. Yosmany Cabezas --- Kirk

Mario Rinaldi (Pictures) vs. Dave Herman --- Herman

Eric Bradley vs. Mikey Gomez --- Gomez

Lorenzo Borgomeo vs. Mike Bernhard --- Bernhard

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Kimbo-1-KO
Silva-1-KO
Smith-2-KO
Edwards-Dec
Rogers-1-KO

Doyle
Kirk
Rinaldi
Bradley ]
Bernhard

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Kevin Ferguson (Pictures) vs. Tank Abbott --- Kimbo / 1 / KO

Antonio Silva vs. Ricco Rodriguez (Pictures) --- Silva / 1 / KO-TKO

Scott Smith vs. Kyle Noke (Pictures) --- Noke / Dec.

Yves Edwards (Pictures) vs. James Edson Berto (Pictures) --- Edwards / 2 / KO

James Thompson (Pictures) vs. Brett Rogers (Pictures) --- JT / 1 / KO-TKO

Rafael Feijao vs. John Doyle --- Doyle

Jon Kirk (Pictures) vs. Yosmany Cabezas --- Kirk

Mario Rinaldi (Pictures) vs. Dave Herman --- Rinaldi

Eric Bradley vs. Mikey Gomez --- Gomez

Lorenzo Borgomeo vs. Mike Bernhard --- Borgomeo

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Scoring wont be done till late tomorrow night. I am in upper Wisconsin skiing and won't score it until after I watch the fights.