bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Damn that bench workout is intimidating haha niceee

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Nice to have you around! Oh, did you get that shirt from iForce yet? Mine still hasn't come in ; ;
yes I did. Enjoying the maximize v2 and the dexiprine ( actually I think I got used to it after about 3 days don't get the buzz I was)

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Could it be kicking in so soon?

here is my lifts for today

Bench press
WU with 50 bw push ups

135x10
135x10
185x10
225x5
245x5
265x5
275x5
295x4 (Wowzers, maybe it is kicking in lol)

Sqaut (I only did some squats, mainly for reps)

barx10
135x10
135x10
185x5
185x10
185x15
185x15
185x10

Bent over rows (these were done slow, not like my power ones I do where I pull with all my back muscles, this one was mainly concentrating on my lats and mid lower back)

135x15
185x10
205x10
225x10
225x10
225x10
225x10
225x10

Pretty good, didnt think I had the endurance to pull off that many reps at that weight at that tempo... haha

Circuit

OH ext/EZbar curl

35x20/70x15
35x20/70x15
35x20/70x15

OH ext/barbell curl/reverse curls

35x20/45x15/45x15
35x20/45x15/45x15
35x20/45x15/45x15

The pump I got from this was SICK. haha! Loving it.

Notes: I think Im eating too little, I feel pretty dang hypo after every meal and I feel like I could push a lot harder if I was eating... hmm... like enough to even cut weight... Oddly my food intake has TANKED.

Yesterday I got in about 2k cals, 180carbs 180 protein, 40g fat.
Today I got in like 150g carbs, 170g protein, 30g fat....? Basically I ate 2 sweet potatoes, 1/2 Cup brown rice, and 3 chicken breasts....
Not that I dont have enough food. I dont have enough time... My IF window is 8 hrs, I barely can eat enough. I guess it kinda hurts because my training is now done during my eating window... taking out about 4hours where I could be eating. (I like to train with little to nothing think my stomach, as my digestion is horrible, and I cant eat too much food at one time w/o having pretty horrible toilet trips...well toilet vacations followed by hell...)

If this stuff is kicking in then DAMN. I wouldnt doubt it though... I got some mean pumps today. Strong too. hehe.
Nice work matt! I need to get on the ball. I wonder if I should shift my workouts more towards volume instead of my 5x5 type .. I find myself exhausted if i train for more than an hour and 15. I will see how it goes. I am sorting out my IF and I hope it pays off. Measurements and reference pic to be posted tonight.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good numbers Matt! Almost double me lol
Hehe, well you are a sprinter, you'd probably burn me out on the field. I cant run...

Damn that bench workout is intimidating haha niceee
Its only going to go up from here ;)

yes I did. Enjoying the maximize v2 and the dexiprine ( actually I think I got used to it after about 3 days don't get the buzz I was)
Hmm, I wonder where mine is. You mean the stim effect of the dexiprine wore off?

Nice work matt! I need to get on the ball. I wonder if I should shift my workouts more towards volume instead of my 5x5 type .. I find myself exhausted if i train for more than an hour and 15. I will see how it goes. I am sorting out my IF and I hope it pays off. Measurements and reference pic to be posted tonight.
Try get my pic up too ;)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hehe, well you are a sprinter, you'd probably burn me out on the field. I cant run...

Its only going to go up from here ;)

Hmm, I wonder where mine is. You mean the stim effect of the dexiprine wore off?

Try get my pic up too ;)
Tic for Tac hahahah...thanks man... 100m in 10.8 lol

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Awesome update back there bro! Your strength is climbing quick. Those bench numbers are impressive 295x4 ?! AWESOME! as for feeling hypo...for the amount of work you do in the gym, I'd say you could definitely get away with some extra cals if you can find the time to stuff them in. I'll have to look back to see how you planned your nutrition, especially as we both use the IF approach. I know at one point I was crashing hard because of constant low carbs, which I fixed by cycling in that refeed! Great work so far my brotha!!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Awesome update back there bro! Your strength is climbing quick. Those bench numbers are impressive 295x4 ?! AWESOME! as for feeling hypo...for the amount of work you do in the gym, I'd say you could definitely get away with some extra cals if you can find the time to stuff them in. I'll have to look back to see how you planned your nutrition, especially as we both use the IF approach. I know at one point I was crashing hard because of constant low carbs, which I fixed by cycling in that refeed! Great work so far my brotha!!
Damn lean and ripped to be animals...impressive numbers Matt and co.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for noodz

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but then I drink an assload of diet mount dew a day while at work and about a gallon of tea at home.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
work out

Sumo dead lift (fatigued)

Bent over rows (why I do these so often.. I donno lol.)

135x20
185x15
225x12
225x10
225x12 Drop -> 185x12 drop -> 135x15

Shurgs

185x25
205x20
295x12
295x12
295x12
295x12

Squats (just tossed um in to get my legs hot)

135x20
205x10

Calf raises
295x12
295x12
295x12

BW pull ups

2x10

Sumo deads (oh yes!)

135x10
185x5
225x5
245x5
265x5
305x5
335x5 PR (HUGE PR, last week I did 315x5, or 3, gotta go back. But Ho man... it was EASY haha)

finished up by nuking shoulders

SS wide/mid/narrow upright rows

45x10
65x10
65x10

done

TOday I switched my diet from LGs, to frequent feedings. More like Layne Nortons, 3-4 big meals and BCAAs in between. Felt loads better lol. I will see how my body reacts this week, hopefully it will be okay. Ill still train fasted on saturday just because I dont have any protein powder to just drink when I wake up... and my body takes forever to digest real food. Looking to make some MEAN PRs on Sat.

Dosing is still the same. I dose it around 12-2 with lunch. along with my standard 3g fish oil, 3g cla, 1g sesamin.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah but then I drink an assload of diet mount dew a day while at work and about a gallon of tea at home.
Good god!! I dont think anything with caffeine as the main ingredient would work with you lol.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5 (still only 4 doses though)

Noticed yesterday that while I was lifting I felt REALLY focused. The concentration I had was intense. When I lifted that 335 for the sumo dead my mind just told my muscles... IT'S TIME! I felt my legs fire and rip the weight off the floor. Was is Mdrol? Probably. I been feeling a lot more focused recently so I think that has something to do with it as well. My strength phase is coming to and end I feel. I don't want to destroy my tendons... I'll most likely be doing some super setting of sorts. Still doing a rep range within the 5-10 range though. I'll be moving up to 10 reps before moving up in weight as to not injure myself via too fast progression in weight. At least it sounds good in my head. My original training schedule was basically this but less emphasis on super setting and more on strength, but after pulling up a 20lb increase in Sumo deads, and a rep increase I think I might jump ahead of myself and actually lift more than I should.... Which I have been known to do...

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grats on the PR bro, feels awesome does it not!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5 (still only 4 doses though)

Noticed yesterday that while I was lifting I felt REALLY focused. The concentration I had was intense. When I lifted that 335 for the sumo dead my mind just told my muscles... IT'S TIME! I felt my legs fire and rip the weight off the floor. Was is Mdrol? Probably. I been feeling a lot more focused recently so I think that has something to do with it as well. My strength phase is coming to and end I feel. I don't want to destroy my tendons... I'll most likely be doing some super setting of sorts. Still doing a rep range within the 5-10 range though. I'll be moving up to 10 reps before moving up in weight as to not injure myself via too fast progression in weight. At least it sounds good in my head. My original training schedule was basically this but less emphasis on super setting and more on strength, but after pulling up a 20lb increase in Sumo deads, and a rep increase I think I might jump ahead of myself and actually lift more than I should.... Which I have been known to do...
Sounds good, but we both know what happens to good "safe" plans when you hit the iron and find yourself on a roll. Caution goes out the window and more plates get tossed on. I love that **** and so do you, but you are right, it takes a toll.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice PR there mister!
How many days is this now?
Let me know if you like how the new diet plan works. I am finding it hard to fit in 7-8 meals in a day being so busy. Wouldn't mind 4 meals of 1000 cals and some shakes in there too or something.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
way to hit that PR man!!!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats up guys!

Finally made it on Am a little bit. Ill try to stick around now some more, hahaha.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grats on the PR bro, feels awesome does it not!
PRs felt great! haha. That's why it's so dangerous for me to be on cycle and lift too heavy. I will shoot for a PR till I get injured...

Sounds good, but we both know what happens to good "safe" plans when you hit the iron and find yourself on a roll. Caution goes out the window and more plates get tossed on. I love that **** and so do you, but you are right, it takes a toll.
See the above post lol. hahah.

Nice PR there mister!
Let me know if you like how the new diet plan works. I am finding it hard to fit in 7-8 meals in a day being so busy. Wouldn't mind 4 meals of 1000 cals and some shakes in there too or something.
Day 5 now, Day 2 of diet change. I must say I like it much better this way. Could just be because of the increased number of carbs that sdrol can eat up but I feel much better. Even at the same caloric intake. I love it.

Hehe, I will do some refeeding as well! My carb cycling is going to pan out to something like 150g on low days, and 400 on high. Keep the protein at around 300gs and maybe drop um to 250g on high carb days (maybe). Fats will be on the lower end.
Had to switch to a more broken up feeding as the fast was really taking it's toll on me... perhaps i'm just weak but i felt horrid. haha.

In for noodz
Oh yes, just wait soon they will come.

Major props on the pr
Thanks man! Going for more high volume and drop sets soon so the intensity will drop a bit... sorry guys!!

way to hit that PR man!!!
One day I will be as strong as you are now JoHNny :D

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
gotta love em PR's!!!!

congrats on the lift bro... makin me look bad! lol.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If your training for strength your warm-up sets are way off. otherwise good stuff.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If your training for strength your warm-up sets are way off. otherwise good stuff.
hehe, it takes me a long time to get "warm". For the deadlift it's mainly strength. But for everything else that day it's for hypertrophy. Usually i'll do a 5x5 for my strength portion and then a 5x8-12 for my hyper movements. I like 5x5 progressing up ward versus a 8x3 where I stay in the higher percentiles for too long. One thing I noticed is that when I trained with doubles and singles my cns died before my muscles. 5x5 I can tax my muscles pretty good as well as get enough out of my CNS to pull the heavier weights and still manage to do a slightly higher volume workout. Either way I dont' follow a WSBB or a 531 type template. My goals are to look leaner vs. be stronger. Though I'm pretty sure mdrol will increase my strength either way ;)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gotta love em PR's!!!!

congrats on the lift bro... makin me look bad! lol.
Nah man you are beast! Lol. Conventional deads aren't really my favorite lift... and you do um quite often lol.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome job on the PRs bro!! :clap2:

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice PR there mister!
Go with the lean gains diet.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for joining up!! Been busy?
yeah, schools busy, workin alot, been going to the gym everyday finally again and also been working on my jeep wrangler alot, haha. I keep busy. Finally got a PR on bench last night, 315 :) made me think maybe killing myself is really worth it hahaha.

I see you and manko are doing well. Im gona try to find time to read up back through the log. keep the good work comin bro.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One day I will be as strong as you are now JoHNny :D[/QUOTE]

DUDE!!! All I got is deadlift....i hit 500 pounds last year for one. was at 305. Now Im like 255 trying for 500 again...but...My bench is garbage and squat sucks too...Working on them. Your numbers are quite impressive!!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Just for Shiz and Giggles...What do you guys think a respectable 1RM is on a Hex Bar Dead?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just for Shiz and Giggles...What do you guys think a respectable 1RM is on a Hex Bar Dead?
Hmmm..never had a chance to use one of these. Is it harder than conventional deads?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Hmmm..never had a chance to use one of these. Is it harder than conventional deads?
I find it much easier as you stand inside the bar. It has a much better center of gravity and makes attaining good form...well child's play...IMO

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm, I've never actually used a trap bar before but it looks like it would be awesome!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick notes from this weekend's workout

I got 295x5 for bench (PR)
335x5 for conventional deads (PR)

My workout was as follows

Deadlift/Bench press
5x5 style

Incline bench db/DB bent over rows
4x10 (worked up to 46kgs per db)

Machine rows/pull ups/dips
5x10 (Rows were about 160lbs per side, pull ups and dips were bodyweight. )

tricep push downs/hammer curls
4x20 (push downs were pretty light, still did each set to failure. Hammers/Pinwheels were done at 28kgs)

ab crunches/lower back extension
4x15 (31kgs of resistance for abs, and 10kgs held on the extensions)

Was a good workout. Liking supersetting. maybe not super setting the deads and the bench... but it was more like we had a lot of ppl and just rotated the two exercises. Not a true superset. But everything else I pretty much did with very little rest. Good fun.

Still confused on workout... Ill probably just continue on.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Notes on today's workout.

Had to switch to sumo squats because my lower back and side erectors are GONE. So sore. So instead of my 5x5 shoulder press and squat day, I just took my shoulder press to 165 x5 (PR), and did my squats supersetted with upright rows. Then did some bw lunges supersetted with front lateral raises, and good mornings with side raises. Nice workout. Relatively fast. ;)

More details will come later lol. Pretty swamped with stuff going on right now. hehehe.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep it up holmes

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep it up holmes
I gotta get a lot stronger to keep you at bay ;)

Body is just so sore now... I might have to bump up protein intake to around 400gs... Carbs are stuck at about 150-200gs but its not assisting me heal fast enough. BCAAs are at about 20gs a day, plus protein at around 300gs. I may have to go 400g protein.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gotta get a lot stronger to keep you at bay ;)

Body is just so sore now... I might have to bump up protein intake to around 400gs... Carbs are stuck at about 150-200gs but its not assisting me heal fast enough. BCAAs are at about 20gs a day, plus protein at around 300gs. I may have to go 400g protein.

I don't see a need for you to go to 400g protein IMO. 300g is a good number and about as high as I would go. 400g would be pretty taxing on the kidneys and I don't think you would see any benefit at the higher amount. I know there is a lot of debate on how much protein a person should get per day, but I tend to agree with the widely accepted 1.2-1.5g per lb of body weight myself. So even at the high end (1.5xbodyweight), a 200 lb person only needs 300g...;)

Just my .02!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't see a need for you to go to 400g protein IMO. 300g is a good number and about as high as I would go. 400g would be pretty taxing on the kidneys and I don't think you would see any benefit at the higher amount. I know there is a lot of debate on how much protein a person should get per day, but I tend to agree with the widely accepted 1.2-1.5g per lb of body weight myself. So even at the high end (1.5xbodyweight), a 200 lb person only needs 300g...;)

Just my .02!
So a fatty like me needs 350. Lol... But to give you an idea on my workout days I was only taking in 275 and non was 180.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So a fatty like me needs 350. Lol... But to give you an idea on my workout days I was only taking in 275 and non was 180.
Actually that is fine IMO Jeff. Talk to Chris and he will tell you the same. Really 1g per pound is all you need (the 1.2-1.5 is per LBM)...and on non-workout days a lower protein amount is OK since burning is the goal and not building. I was under 1g per lb every now and then on burn days, but usually was around 180-200g with around 250 on build days

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually that is fine IMO Jeff. Talk to Chris and he will tell you the same. Really 1g per pound is all you need (the 1.2-1.5 is per LBM)...and on non-workout days a lower protein amount is OK since burning is the goal and not building. I was under 1g per lb every now and then on burn days, but usually was around 180-200g with around 250 on build days
Lol brotha rick I was joking about the 350. Lol I was taking less than 300g but you are correct on your formula.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I love the strength structure of 5x5s but I hateeee not feeling pumped up like you feel after a high volume workout.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Just my .02!
Yea I really think there is no reason to unless we can process that much. Just wanna make the most of the anabolics im on ;)

I know sdrol is making me retain a whole lot of glycogen though. up more than 10lbs with barely any change in diet. Well bumped up carb intake from about 80gs a day to 150gs a day. Protein is at around 300gs now. Fats around 80-90. So I am in the 2200-2500 zone. Not losing weight for sure.. haha. But not gaining anything (well anything else), just looking a bit puffy. Kinda sad really. But I am damn strong...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hehe, I think most times thats done using LBM. Though for appetite regulation sometimes 1.5gx BW is good to get the heavier dudes to stop eating so much. Cause 1.5g in chicken breast is pretty rough for someone who is not used to eating that way.

If I go under 200g of protein usually it means that my over all caloric intake is under 1200... mainly because I usually ONLY eat meat on burn days.

Lol brotha rick I was joking about the 350. Lol I was taking less than 300g but you are correct on your formula.
Yea, it helps ppl get back on track I think. Studies show that we probably need no more than .8g per kg... or something ridiculously low like that. But I donno, Imma follow what the bro's say and eat at least 1g/lb of bw.

I love the strength structure of 5x5s but I hateeee not feeling pumped up like you feel after a high volume workout.
I cheat... I do some high volume stuff for shoulders or arms sometimes after. Or I do the weight REALLY slow so I still get lactic acid build up XD