Matthersby‘s mission: 50lbs by 2019. Slin,NPP,Dbol and lots more.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You lift something heavy, your down sets will be easier - it absolutely helps.

I’d have to agree. Strengthens the bones, as a bonus.
We had talked about this training principle months ago and I’ve always used this principle in the past, however I was discouraged for a while and just started moving a bit more weight recently to try and get this old nervous system conditioned better to heavier weights.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bit off topic now but might I suggest a big bowl of chicken Alfredo with a pound of bacon added to it...
Chicken cordon bleu pasta with 2 red chili burritos and a bowl of ice cream for lunch today! Fukya

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When you eat like this does your body even have a chance to fully digest and assimilate nutrients? I feel like when I eat like this I just am physically pushing the food through my abs I take 5+ mega ****s a day

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I ate a legit 8oz cooked chicken breast last night and I was pretty proud of that. I just hate eating chicken breast over like 5oz cuz it’s so dry lol

Mashed it up in whole grain spaghetti with marinara, Parmesan, tangy bbq & mustard (since I don’t have a Carolina-style bbq sauce). It was bomb!
Bbq sauce

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's hard to read while eating Greek yogurt with oats and nuts.
They make seasons to add to Greek yogurt that make it taste like salad dressings. I do chicken breast buffalo tenders dipped in that. Great way to feel like your cheating with out cheating

Newth

Awards
When you eat like this does your body even have a chance to fully digest and assimilate nutrients? I feel like when I eat like this I just am physically pushing the food through my abs I take 5+ mega ****s a day
Years ago I saw a doco on the UKs fattest man. His doc had the utmost respect for his digestive system, said the efficiency it worked at was outstanding. The dude ate like a table if food every day.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Freaking love all the awesome food talk on this thread. It motivates the shyt outta me. May as well enjoy all this eating I’m needing to do.
My family ownes a bunch of restruants, all different kinds. Ever need any ideas just ask. I love everything food lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Try marinating a steak in bloody Mary mix over night, top with horseradish sour cream

Newth

Awards
They make seasons to add to Greek yogurt that make it taste like salad dressings. I do chicken breast buffalo tenders dipped in that. Great way to feel like your cheating with out cheating
I'm all over that. Thanks.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Try marinating a steak in bloody Mary mix over night, top with horseradish sour cream
We bbq a monster TriTip after a day marinated in Bloody Mary mix. Freaking solid piece of meat there. Bout once a week

Brienn8989

Awards
  • Established
We bbq a monster TriTip after a day marinated in Bloody Mary mix. Freaking solid piece of meat there. Bout once a week
Slice it thin, toast an everything bagel and put veggie ranch cream cheese on it and make one hell of a sandwich.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Slice it thin, toast an everything bagel and put veggie ranch cream cheese on it and make one hell of a sandwich.
Damn I’m so freaking stoked I started this thread. I’m gonna eat my way to 270...

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I ate dirty today. Had my normal breakfast and my Greek yogurt at 10am like normal. Then I pounded a double bacon and cheese jalepeno burger and fries for lunch, and instead of my normal protein shake at 4 I decided to go with peanut butter cups and a giant glass of Milk.. And now I'm working out and starving

Newth

Awards
Today I decided to go all out.....I had a donut with my Greek yogurt, it was so good.

I now have buyers remorse.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dammit you guys make me so jealous with how you can eat and what you can eat. Due to some medical issues i am just not capable of eating that way anymore

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dammit you guys make me so jealous with how you can eat and what you can eat. Due to some medical issues i am just not capable of eating that way anymore
Well, In a way, a medical issue is making weight gain a seriously hard task for me currently too. I still struggle with what I’m eating, and every morning I wake up lean and dry and I’m thinking “I ate a pound of gummy worms and Nutella and PB until I couldn’t eat anymore before bed”. It’s crazy, how overactive my thyroid is right now. The fact that I’ve gained weight at all is probably due to slin and Trest. I don’t know if I could eat enough doing this natty with my thyroid how it is.

But ya, it’s kinda awesome though.

Thejoggernot

Awards
Great thread - been watching it unfold!

What is your target calories right now? How much protein ? I looked for it on the first page and couldn't find. Very interested given your stack .

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great thread - been watching it unfold!

What is your target calories right now? How much protein ? I looked for it on the first page and couldn't find. Very interested given your stack .
I haven’t really tracked yet, but what I was eating prior to bulking was around just around 3600, and I added 2500 just in peanut butter alone, so I’ll get myfitnesspal on this soon to back this up, but I’m betting over 6000 easily on a good day. Something to consider though is my TSH is very low so my metabolism is nuts right now.
Protein is always around 300grams/day for me but I’m hitting that for sure now, without even trying to, since calories are so high...

Newth

Awards
I'll just leave this here...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok, I gotta vent here. The gf(who I’m rather serious with) and I have been going over finances. She’s been consistently complaining about my time at the gym and dramatic cost of food lately. Specifically because we are moving and the things that she finds more important, such as new furniture, I don’t really care about as much. My goal is what’s most important right now. I pay for all the food so it’s not like she’s buying all the peanut butter, steak and yogurt lately.

You guys run into this problem with your significant other? I haven’t really had this lack of support regarding my obsessive physique goals before. It’s starting to wear on me. To the point where I’m squeezing gym sessions into tight spots and dreading telling her when I go from work to the gym before coming home...

Newth

Awards
Ok, I gotta vent here. The gf(who I’m rather serious with) and I have been going over finances. She’s been consistently complaining about my time at the gym and dramatic cost of food lately. Specifically because we are moving and the things that she finds more important, such as new furniture, I don’t really care about as much. My goal is what’s most important right now. I pay for all the food so it’s not like she’s buying all the peanut butter, steak and yogurt lately.

You guys run into this problem with your significant other? I haven’t really had this lack of support regarding my obsessive physique goals before. It’s starting to wear on me. To the point where I’m squeezing gym sessions into tight spots and dreading telling her when I go from work to the gym before coming home...
Ouch!
Being a full time worker, single father and carer I chose to put another half to the side for a while because of things like that.
Always here if you ever need an ear hay.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

That’s a really tough situation bro.

You’ve got to also try to see it from her side and why she sees other things as important (creating a nice home for you both etc).

If you can empathise with her point of view you’ll find it easier to rationalise where your at to her. Does she truly get how important this stuff is to you? ( is she a lifter herself? People who don’t train I often find don’t have the first clue about what it really means to us or why we do it)

My best advice would be to break down to her how long the cycle is, what your goal is and what the total costs will be, then explain how you’ll ensure it doesn’t impact too much on your joint goals together......

I know others who’ve been through this (and who are right now) in my personal circle, personally I’m fortunate my missus trains as much as me and I’m very lucky in my job to earn enough that the financial aspect doesn’t impact our lives......

Brienn8989

Awards
  • Established
My lady used to do the same thing but I explained to her that I could either go to the gym or start drinking every single day again... that got her off my back... best of luck brother

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My lady used to do the same thing but I explained to her that I could either go to the gym or start drinking every single day again... that got her off my back... best of luck brother
All good stuff here. I rationalize to her, that I don’t spend one cent on alcohol, I don’t follow sports, I don’t do a boys night out, ever. I’m literally working my ass off, commuting, spend less than an hour a day at the gym, or I’m home with her and her kids. I don’t think she sees that though. Freaking frustrating.

Brienn8989

Awards
  • Established
All good stuff here. I rationalize to her, that I don’t spend one cent on alcohol, I don’t follow sports, I don’t do a boys night out, ever. I’m literally working my ass off, commuting, spend less than an hour a day at the gym, or I’m home with her and her kids. I don’t think she sees that though. Freaking frustrating.
Bitches be trippin...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need to try to convey that this isn’t negotiable - but not in a hardass way; I agree bigtime with Whiskey that you want to try to get her to appreciate why this is so important for you and why it isn’t a threat to your life together. This is something that both fulfills you and makes you a better man (better lover, better protector, better leader for your family).

If she can’t get on board with that, then you tell her you make your money and it’s your life and if she isn’t with you she’s against and you’re out

I say that laughing but that’s 100% how I have always been about training. I have never taken a hiatus from training so from week 1 a gf is seeing me train 2+ hours at least 4x/wk. It is more important than having a great partner to me.

Aaaand that’s why my gf is a top Pro Strongwoman. We’re on the exact same wavelength.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a really tough situation bro.

You’ve got to also try to see it from her side and why she sees other things as important (creating a nice home for you both etc).

If you can empathise with her point of view you’ll find it easier to rationalise where your at to her. Does she truly get how important this stuff is to you? ( is she a lifter herself? People who don’t train I often find don’t have the first clue about what it really means to us or why we do it)

My best advice would be to break down to her how long the cycle is, what your goal is and what the total costs will be, then explain how you’ll ensure it doesn’t impact too much on your joint goals together......

I know others who’ve been through this (and who are right now) in my personal circle, personally I’m fortunate my missus trains as much as me and I’m very lucky in my job to earn enough that the financial aspect doesn’t impact our lives......
First time I’ve been with someone that doesn’t train as much as I do. She’s great but to her, a goal like mine, doesn’t do anything for her future, which is always the bottom line for her. She’s a shrewd woman I’ll give her that. She somehow got 90% disability from nonexistent injuries from the Coast Guard, a lucrative job, finishing her bachelors in GodKnowsWhat that will undoubtedly make her 6 figures in less than a year, owns 2 SUV’s and the House we are renting, full custody and massive child support check, and 2k a month while she finishes her BS that she is using two forms of GI bill for. She makes more than me just in income that she doesn’t go to a job for. So to her, life is about being comfortable financially. Then she sees me spend $500 on ped’s and $700 a month on food since I started bulking. I already gave up the idea of using a local NPC coach and he would have done diet and training all the way to MP show for $198 a month. That was a battle I’m not even willing to fight right now.

Newth

Awards
First time I’ve been with someone that doesn’t train as much as I do. She’s great but to her, a goal like mine, doesn’t do anything for her future, which is always the bottom line for her. She’s a shrewd woman I’ll give her that. She somehow got 90% disability from nonexistent injuries from the Coast Guard, a lucrative job, finishing her bachelors in GodKnowsWhat that will undoubtedly make her 6 figures in less than a year, owns 2 SUV’s and the House we are renting, full custody and massive child support check, and 2k a month while she finishes her BS that she is using two forms of GI bill for. She makes more than me just in income that she doesn’t go to a job for. So to her, life is about being comfortable financially. Then she sees me spend $500 on ped’s and $700 a month on food since I started bulking. I already gave up the idea of using a local NPC coach and he would have done diet and training all the way to MP show for $198 a month. That was a battle I’m not even willing to fight right now.
Matthersby, you gold digger:D
Nice.
Theres some awesome advice from these boys.
This is going to be a slow battle I think, if you can change what she believes then you will both win.
Trying to understand is one thing, believing in something is entirely different.
Sounds like she really cares about the long game so run with that.......and for God Sake learn what GodKnowsWhat is.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Matthersby, you gold digger:D
Nice.
Theres some awesome advice from these boys.
This is going to be a slow battle I think, if you can change what she believes then you will both win.
Trying to understand is one thing, believing in something is entirely different.
Sounds like she really cares about the long game so run with that.......and for God Sake learn what GodKnowsWhat is.
Hahahaha! It’s leadership and something. She would do well in government jobs or Human Resources.
She’s definitely made me step some things up in my life, just wish she saw that these silly fitness goals make me better overall. I don’t know, seems like the best partners for us, are the ones that are the most frustrating. They call us on our bull**** and they don’t let us go backward or enable us.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need to try to convey that this isn’t negotiable - but not in a hardass way; I agree bigtime with Whiskey that you want to try to get her to appreciate why this is so important for you and why it isn’t a threat to your life together. This is something that both fulfills you and makes you a better man (better lover, better protector, better leader for your family).

If she can’t get on board with that, then you tell her you make your money and it’s your life and if she isn’t with you she’s against and you’re out

I say that laughing but that’s 100% how I have always been about training. I have never taken a hiatus from training so from week 1 a gf is seeing me train 2+ hours at least 4x/wk. It is more important than having a great partner to me.

Aaaand that’s why my gf is a top Pro Strongwoman. We’re on the exact same wavelength.
Good stuff bro. It’s definitely not negotiable to me. But when I let something else go unpaid or some irresponsible shyt, the first thing I hear is how if I only put the effort that I do with training and diet toward XYZ , etc etc.

Newth

Awards
Hahahaha! It’s leadership and something. She would do well in government jobs or Human Resources.
She’s definitely made me step some things up in my life, just wish she saw that these silly fitness goals make me better overall. I don’t know, seems like the best partners for us, are the ones that are the most frustrating. They call us on our bull**** and they don’t let us go backward or enable us.
So true.
It's another reason me and my ex tolerate each other. We know each other better than anyone else when it comes to seeing through the bull****.

Your girl sounds like a very motivated woman. They can be very hard to change the mind of but so worth it if you do.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So true.
It's another reason me and my ex tolerate each other. We know each other better than anyone else when it comes to seeing through the bull****.

Your girl sounds like a very motivated woman. They can be very hard to change the mind of but so worth it if you do.
I’m trying, bro. She’s good for me. She just doesn’t let me get away with my bullshyt. Which is fine. But she knows I’m not giving this up. I’m finally in the position to do it. Regardless if she thinks it’s the best use of my resources and time. So I may just get an earful every now and then. I’ll take it.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gotta compromise, both of you. That’s how relationships work. There is a middle ground but both will have to give something.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m trying, bro. She’s good for me. She just doesn’t let me get away with my bullshyt. Which is fine. But she knows I’m not giving this up. I’m finally in the position to do it. Regardless if she thinks it’s the best use of my resources and time. So I may just get an earful every now and then. I’ll take it.
Good plan. I wish I could remember where I heard this but I once came across some pickup artist or something of the sort. He said "women spend your whole life trying to change you. If you let them they'll dump your butt and go find another man like what you used to be" something like that anyway. I'm not saying I dont believe in compromise. (Celebrated 10 years of marriage and 16 years with the same great woman this year) so i GET THAT! But no matter how frustrating it is I guarantee she likes that strong man that says this is my shyt and I'm doing it.
With all that I wish you good luck for real. Dont know why things can be so insanely aggravating with the right one. I'm sure most of us are the same here - give up the gym and lifes gonna be downhill from there. Steep m'f'n grade too!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gotta compromise, both of you. That’s how relationships work. There is a middle ground but both will have to give something.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good plan. I wish I could remember where I heard this but I once came across some pickup artist or something of the sort. He said "women spend your whole life trying to change you. If you let them they'll dump your butt and go find another man like what you used to be" something like that anyway. I'm not saying I dont believe in compromise. (Celebrated 10 years of marriage and 16 years with the same great woman this year) so i GET THAT! But no matter how frustrating it is I guarantee she likes that strong man that says this is my shyt and I'm doing it.
With all that I wish you good luck for real. Dont know why things can be so insanely aggravating with the right one. I'm sure most of us are the same here - give up the gym and lifes gonna be downhill from there. Steep m'f'n grade too!
Very good stuff and you’re 100% spot on. She is strong willed and direct. She wouldn’t respect me if I bent on everything.
Thanks for all the advice guys.
Just having a moment and I am realizing that this woman is so generous and patient with me, she has every right to chew me out when we are buying a house together, and I don’t forget to order my next steroid cycle but can’t seem to find the time to pay a ticket off so I’m not driving around on a suspended license. Makes sense honestly, even if I need a minute to check my pride.

Newth

Awards
Very good stuff and you’re 100% spot on. She is strong willed and direct. She wouldn’t respect me if I bent on everything.
Just having a moment and I am realizing that this woman is so generous and patient with me, she has every right to chew me out when we are buying a house together, and I don’t forget to order my next steroid cycle but can’t seem to find the time to pay a ticket off so I’m not driving around on a suspended license. Makes sense honestly, even if I need a minute to check my pride.
I'm willing to bet a woman like her never got to where she is by compromising, it might take time but she will learn that from you.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don’t forget to order my next steroid cycle but can’t seem to find the time to pay a ticket off so I’m not driving around on a suspended license.
At least you've got your priorities in check. You can go to court if you get pulled over - but miss a random week of trest injections and no doubt you'll be wigging out :)

Newth

Awards
Yeah that sh!t sucks.
One more time and/or rego and I'd have a hard time talking my way out of habitual.
Two years back on weed after a decade off and this sort of ****s starting to happen to me again. Never happened with booze.
Totally worth sorting this type of crap out. Best part is, your girl will be happy and you will be happier. It's so much less annoying BS.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Hello. I am a former professional fighter and now training for physique. My sister in laws fiance is a national level NPC competitor going for is ifbb pro card this year. I can tell you from the other side it does take a toll that is hard to see from our side. The meal prepping the hours in the gym the anabolics etc. My best advice is try to realize you may already do this but a long term relationship is a partnership and you got to invest the time to make it grow just like you have to invest the gym time to make your body grow.