Matthersby‘s mission: 50lbs by 2019. Slin,NPP,Dbol and lots more.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude! I totally get it! This forum has helped me bounce back from a bad relapse a few months ago, job loss and a failed marriage all in the past few months. These guys on the forums are helping me focus on myself. And that’s really one of the only reasons I keep on keeping on. Glad you’re here too brother Matthersby!!!
Geez man! Talking real stuff! I fractured my spine playing college ball and ended up on massive amounts of opiates just to get out of bed in the morning. I had no idea that would lead to a battle around addiction. Lifting has always been my way out of it. I actually got myself off of fentanyl a few years back due to the gym. Couldn't have done it without it. I've been a couple weeks clean off of a heave tianeptine sodium problem that started in January. Started using to deal with pain and ended in a full fledge relapse. Really screwed up my cycle too. Cant tell you how valuable this board / you guys are. I never imagined how many people are so incredibly similar. Genuinely appreciate you brothers!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m still trying to taper down off a $400 a month Kratom habit. It’s not ruining my life but it owns me, and I’m sick of it. What does Tian do for you? I didn’t research it much after seeing on RC sites all this year.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m still trying to taper down off a $400 a month Kratom habit. It’s not ruining my life but it owns me, and I’m sick of it. What does Tian do for you? I didn’t research it much after seeing on RC sites all this year.
Tianeptine is an SSRI prescribed in some European countries. It hits a couple of the opiod receptors though at higher doses. It's great for pain. It will slow your bowels / digestion down. I eventually had my diet go sideways bc of that and often would only eat 1-2 times a day at the end bc I was never hungry. It relaxes ya but seems to give you some energy in the way of motivation so it didnt ever knock me out like a true opiate but would sleep no problem when I needed to. I used it 1 or 2 times a week for months and that was good but daily use steals your soul. Prescribed dose is 37.5mg a day and to get effects I got up to 15+ grams a day so tolerance builds quickly. Had a lot of side effects I didnt realize til I quit too.

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
You can’t just go cold turkey? Didn’t think kratom could get that addictive. Never tried it tho

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can’t just go cold turkey? Didn’t think kratom could get that addictive. Never tried it tho
Been on since January 17. And I take 50-70 grams a day. I’m sick by the time I wake up in the morning and immediately take 15 grams. Cold sweats and everything. Tapering isn’t going that well either. I’ll figure something out.

Brienn8989

Awards
  • Established
Been on since January 17. And I take 50-70 grams a day. I’m sick by the time I wake up in the morning and immediately take 15 grams. Cold sweats and everything. Tapering isn’t going that well either. I’ll figure something out.
You pay too much for kratom haha

Newth

Awards
Exes. The ones you’d like to be rid of most are attached to the humans that you love the most. It’s a shyt situation. I’ve got another 8 years of dealing with mine.
Yeah life's good at those things, lol.
TBH I do still have a lot of respect for her in the way she never played games with me and him. We always said if we broke up he was more important than our emotions and she actually held to it.
Those 8 years will go to fast hay.

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Yea I would make that a top priority

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn that sounds BOMB
If you listen to any interviews with Jesse Burdick, that’s essentially how he went from 220 in 308 in a year - he directly gave credit to JM for the method. You could do a watered down version of it and it would still work lol

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff Hyde. I’m all over this right now
Post workout 5pm: Promax bar, Powerade 6pm: 2 baked potatoes with 4 tablespoons butter, 2 chicken breasts, asparagus, 2 granola bars dipped in peanut butter. 2 glasses whole milk.

And I have a lot more eating to do tonight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I ate a legit 8oz cooked chicken breast last night and I was pretty proud of that. I just hate eating chicken breast over like 5oz cuz it’s so dry lol

Mashed it up in whole grain spaghetti with marinara, Parmesan, tangy bbq & mustard (since I don’t have a Carolina-style bbq sauce). It was bomb!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve ate so much damn chicken, there’s been periods where I just won’t eat it and I’ll eat ground beef, pork loin, and steak until I can stomach chicken again, it’s just so inexpensive I end up having a ton in my freezer. And it’s easy to make etc. Frys(Kroger) has T-bone for $4.77 a pound so I’ll be eating a lot this week!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
15 IU’s Lantus dose. I’m only taking MTWF so I may cycle it longer With only 4 days a week.
Holding at 224 so I’m setting my sights for 230 and beyond.
2 protein bars and 3 biscuits and gravy this am. Going to keep fat moderate and up carbs as much as I can stomach. Bought 20lbs potato’s and will eat 1 with every snack or meal in the evening

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m truly hoping that any of the newer guys that get on here saying the same bullshyt, “I swear to God I eat 8000 calories a day, I just can’t gain weight, so I need a monster steroid cycle to help me gain weight” will read this thread and see what it really takes to put on weight. I sincerely doubt most are willing to do what it really takes to gain weight. It’s ugly and unpleasant and most want a shortcut. I’m 40 and have every reason to use aas, at 21, I didn’t even think of it as an option, I would simply finish a workout and make 2 boxes of kraft Mac n cheese with a half stick of butter, throw 4 cans of tuna in, and look at the intimidating mound of food that would take me an hour to eat. If you can’t eat your way to gains for the first 30-60 lbs, steroids will be but a brief boost, and inevitably will lose every pound gained, rather quickly too. I’ve had to eat near double what I ate pre cycle after a run, to hold onto the gains. Eating is hands down the toughest part of this imo, i just refuse to let it beat me, when another meal or 4000 more calories are all that’s needed daily to reach my goal.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No doubt about eating being the toughest part. The gym stuff is kinda fun, you look forward to it, and there’s days off from it. Nutritional needs are 24/7, 365. Tough part is eating enough to gain but not so much I get fat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Make sure you lay that sweet ketchup heavy on your taters now!

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Mk677 will make your appetite sky rocket if eating a problem

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
This thread may end up being counterproductive to my "cut".

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
That's hard to read while eating Greek yogurt with oats and nuts.
That's probably what I should be eating right now, instead of a huge pot of spaghetti with a delicious homemade pasta sauce. Hey, there's lots of veggies in the sauce! And I'm using light parmesian cheese too!

Newth

Awards
That's probably what I should be eating right now, instead of a huge pot of spaghetti with a delicious homemade pasts sauce. Hey, there's lots of veggies in the sauce! And I'm using light parmesian cheese too!

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This thread may end up being counterproductive to my "cut".
Good - because your avatar pic is counterproductive to my diet every time you post.
But seriously, looks delicious.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I could really go for some greek yogurt right now....for dessert! Shredded coconut is a great topper for greek yougurt.

I fasted all day long so I'm enjoying this meal. Likely doing some light cardio before bed, though.

Good - because your avatar pic is counterproductive to my diet every time you post.
But seriously, looks delicious.
I tried to add a bowl of spinach and broccoli as my avatar. I felt like it was missing a certain something. Likely cheese.

Newth

Awards
Hey, I could really go for some greek yogurt right now....for dessert! Shredded coconut is a great topper for greek yougurt.

I fasted all day long so I'm enjoying this meal. Likely doing some light cardio before bed, though.
Put pineapple chunks in it.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Freaking love all the awesome food talk on this thread. It motivates the shyt outta me. May as well enjoy all this eating I’m needing to do.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Food yesterday:
5 promax bars
2 cups wild rice, can chili, chicken breast
1/2 lb gummy worms
5 granola bars
20 oz 2% Greek yogurt
T-Bone Steak w mushrooms
2 baked potatoes
Veggies/broccoli/kale chips
10 more oz Greek yogurt
1lb LF PB
Nutella and granola bars
3 glasses whole milk

My GF at this point just says goodnight after sex, and I go out to the living room half asleep for another hour, sit and watch Deadpool 2 and eat yogurt, peanut butter, granola bars and milk until I can’t eat anymore. I’ll be honest, she’s not cut out for this long term, so I’m just gonna have to get all this size on me by January-February so I can start cutting up for Spring/Summer’s NPC old man physique.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There’s been plenty of nights where I tuck the woman in and then go back out to the living room for my last meal before bed - we train first thing on waking, so there’s not time for more than a granola bar to start digesting and then carbs/aminos intra. That last meal can be key for performance for tough days.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
18 IU’s today. Keeping it here for this week. I’m most likely just going to continue running it MTWF and and that’s it. 3 weeks on 1 off.

Newth

Awards
Food yesterday:
5 promax bars
2 cups wild rice, can chili, chicken breast
1/2 lb gummy worms
5 granola bars
20 oz 2% Greek yogurt
T-Bone Steak w mushrooms
2 baked potatoes
Veggies/broccoli/kale chips
10 more oz Greek yogurt
1lb LF PB
Nutella and granola bars
3 glasses whole milk

My GF at this point just says goodnight after sex, and I go out to the living room half asleep for another hour, sit and watch Deadpool 2 and eat yogurt, peanut butter, granola bars and milk until I can’t eat anymore. I’ll be honest, she’s not cut out for this long term, so I’m just gonna have to get all this size on me by January-February so I can start cutting up for Spring/Summer’s NPC old man physique.
Priceless!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So when are you training, how long and frequently, and what are you consuming periWO?

Rich Bert

Awards
wouldn't all those bars be better if replaced with real food.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
wouldn't all those bars be better if replaced with real food.
Convenience and cost and inability to prep the insane amount of food I need. It’s a temporary thing until I get my Costco membership renewed and I’ll prep more food. And yes they are easier to get down than more brown rice and chicken.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So when are you training, how long and frequently, and what are you consuming periWO?
I finish in an hour. Doing an extremely basic split of legs/back bis shoulders/chest tris. And I usually get 5 sessions in a week. I didn’t feel the need to consume much during training but fueled passion chimes in on the Insulin thread that it may be beneficial . Also, I may be working with rtmillburn on changing my training up to what I believe many in this thread will approve of: more of a powerbuilding style split.

I’ll be honest, I have an alarming bit of muscle for how pathetically weak I am. I can’t even explain it. I’m moving weights that are embarrassing to even admit to publicly.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Keep up the work man show the hard gainers it can be done

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Btw on the Slin I started out at 10g of carbs per 7iu pre wo. But found out i could use 8. The pump is great

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Btw on the Slin I started out at 10g of carbs per 7iu pre wo. But found out i could use 8. The pump is great
Lantus is so boring. I’m tempted to layer it with a few workouts a week on some Humalog.

John Doe bodybuilding slowly worked his way down to I think as low as 4grams per IU but not including his intra-shake which had like 50-75 more grams.

I don’t know; I’m not all that strong but my workouts are pretty gnarly. Supersets, dropsets, very little rest between sets, so I had a hard time recognizing impending hypo and erred on the side of more carbs most the time. Didn’t struggle with fat gain at all either...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll never understand the scale...

Ate some chicken that didn’t agree with me, or something bad must have happened yesterday, but I ended up cutting my meals short after 3pm. I probably ate 3500 calories short of what I’ve been eating.
So, naturally, I wake up 226 lbs today. I pee off a ton of water weight every night so I can’t understand being so heavy in the am. But I’ll take it. Today I’ll be eating like it’s my job.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ll never understand the scale...

Ate some chicken that didn’t agree with me, or something bad must have happened yesterday, but I ended up cutting my meals short after 3pm. I probably ate 3500 calories short of what I’ve been eating.
So, naturally, I wake up 226 lbs today. I pee off a ton of water weight every night so I can’t understand being so heavy in the am. But I’ll take it. Today I’ll be eating like it’s my job.
Did you throw up at all?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
NPP is almost here! I’m playing with my Trest dose for the last week or so. Ralox controls any potential gyno so well, I’m pushing Trest all the way to 60-75 mg every eod. I am very visibly thicker and fuller since being Lantus to 18iu’s and Trest at 60mg.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I finish in an hour. Doing an extremely basic split of legs/back bis shoulders/chest tris. And I usually get 5 sessions in a week. I didn’t feel the need to consume much during training but fueled passion chimes in on the Insulin thread that it may be beneficial . Also, I may be working with rtmillburn on changing my training up to what I believe many in this thread will approve of: more of a powerbuilding style split.

I’ll be honest, I have an alarming bit of muscle for how pathetically weak I am. I can’t even explain it. I’m moving weights that are embarrassing to even admit to publicly.
You don’t need a ton of strength volume - working up to hitting a single set in the 2-5 rep range to near failure will elicit maximum strength gains, when waved appropriately. You don’t need to spend a ton of time on it in your session, but it will make a huge difference over time. Conditioning the nervous system will raise the threshold of weights you can work with on your hypertrophy work.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya I’ve started adding at least one set @3-5 reps. Immediately followed by a drop in weight to condition and add tut. It’s a slow process for me this year.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
NPP is almost here! I’m playing with my Trest dose for the last week or so. Ralox controls any potential gyno so well, I’m pushing Trest all the way to 60-75 mg every eod. I am very visibly thicker and fuller since being Lantus to 18iu’s and Trest at 60mg.
Do you prefer ralox to tamox/nolva? Nolva always has done the job for me but seems to take time - interested as I've read some very promising studies and reports on ralox in the last year or so. But finally getting rid of some pubertal gyno I'm nervous to switching off my normal nolva protocol.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ralox works better hands down for me personally. It’s like a super charged Nolva

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya I’ve started adding at least one set @3-5 reps. Immediately followed by a drop in weight to condition and add tut. It’s a slow process for me this year.
You lift something heavy, your down sets will be easier - it absolutely helps.

Ralox works better hands down for me personally. It’s like a super charged Nolva
I’d have to agree. Strengthens the bones, as a bonus.

Brienn8989

Awards
  • Established
Bit off topic now but might I suggest a big bowl of chicken Alfredo with a pound of bacon added to it...