M-Drol mini-log

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Would no carbs for 5 days and body goes to fat...would body go for muscle for energy too?

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Would no carbs for 5 days and body goes to fat...would body go for muscle for energy too?
Protein is the last choice the body makes. It will go for the fat stores first. As long as you consume protein every 2-3 hours you're usually OK. I usually took my protein shakes with a teaspoon virgin olive oil and/or an egg or two. The worse part is PWO...depending on who's plan you follow carbs may or may not be allowed. Dr. DiPasquale (who developed it) in his newer versions (the Metabolic Diet) allows for up to 50 grms carbs PWO. I usually did that myself...a protein/creatine/malto shake immediately PWO and the rest of the day was hard cheese,eggs,and meat or the aforementioned protein & EVOO shake.. Like I said, I responded quite well.

I actually got to the point that when it was carb load weekend I still didn't want carbs. Then Thanksgiving came...then Christmas....

If anyone has any other ideas for a pct meal plan to help tighten yet retain let me know. I had thought about the AD while on cycle but Sdrol is so carb hungry I figured it to be unwise. I still have 3-4 days until I start pct so there's time to alter my plans.

MrDiode

MrDiode

Awards
Do not attempt a carb deficit while on SD.

You've never experience lethargy quite like it.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Do not attempt a carb deficit while on SD.

You've never experience lethargy quite like it.
Not true I know people that have used the AD diet to great sucess while on superdrol. It is just about your body switching to a different kind of fuel source. your body is actually made to run on fat.

MrDiode

MrDiode

Awards
Not true I know people that have used the AD diet to great sucess while on superdrol. It is just about your body switching to a different kind of fuel source. your body is actually made to run on fat.
shrug.

all i know is i went carb-deficient for 2 days while on this cycle and i was completely and totally sick and dead.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think would be a good workout to use while on PCT?

Heavy low reps or lighter high reps? Or not focus on anything and just listen to what the body wants?

On cycle I did more heavy compund movements except for this week when I had the urge for volumn.

I guess that in theory volumn training is supposed to trigger release of T so it would be the choice.

Come to think of it...maybe that's why I had the urge to do them this week...T levels dropping so my body wanted volumn to trigger more T...hmmmmmm:think:

I fully believe in the body creating urges and cravings to try to get what it wants/needs.

I also read another post that recommended a week off training after finishing a cycle so the body can recover...opinions?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
shrug.

all i know is i went carb-deficient for 2 days while on this cycle and i was completely and totally sick and dead.
That happens on the AD diet the first couple cays anyways, if you are on something or not you have to get over that first before starting the cycle.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I also read another post that recommended a week off training after finishing a cycle so the body can recover...opinions?
I personally wouldn't do it.Maybe a month after pct or so,but not right after,especially during pct.Also when i tried my first cut.I lowered carbs and started doing cardio.I was eating,as always,every two hours.Lots of chicken,salmon,turkey breast,egg whites,mixed peanuts,veggies and fruit.Every now and then a sirloin steak.I went from 180 to 167 in 13 days.I do have a high metabolism and a physical job.I started all this the first day of pct.(lowering carbs,eating "clean"and adding cardio)It is my theory i lost so much so fast,becuse my test levels were that of my 9 year olds sister.I would definately wait untill after pct before you start to cut.You should be focusing on keeping what you gained.After your body has "accepted"the new muscle,and your sex drive comes back(say boodbye to that)then become one ripped sexy mo fo for your wife.I would continue,or start another test booster while cutting too.Just my two cents.

305Rob

Awards
I dont recommend a week off during/after PCT.As far as routine definitley try to maintain the same weights you were using(its normal if you loose a bit of strengh)but lower the volume,sets, and reps and it shouldnt happen.

MrDiode

MrDiode

Awards
My experience has been that taking time off immediately in PCT results in a complete and total inability to keep your mass gains.

Strength will, naturally, decrease as well.

I usually switch my routine when I finish the cycle.. but I'm really seeing some great results with the 5x5, so I'm just gonna keep at it and see what happens.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like to lift heavy,4-6 reps,with decreased volume compared to normal during pct.With the basic heavy lifts too,no flyes or stuff like that.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Opinions noted...will go to gym tomorrow! haha

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
PCT update.

The first week was a little rough as I re-adjusted. I did do an anabolic style diet. I ate MASSIVE amounts of beef, fish, and eggs. Our grocery bill was about $50 more! The biggest thing was waiting for the lethargy to pass, which took about 5-6 days.

Week one I pee'd a TON. I swear I was going every 1/2 hour or so for the first 2 days. It tapered off, but I still went a lot. I contribured it to dropping the carbs after being on a "see food" diet. The only other issue was I tweaked my back during a workout and it ached for a few days. Note to self, compressed L3/L4 + German volumn deadlifts= not good idea.

The end of week 2 problems began. My hands cramped up some...more annoying than anything. Then one evening my head started POUNDING (I couldn't even open my eyes because light hurt), followed by shortness of breath, and my heart felt like it was going to jump out my chest. This went on and off for 3 days. After some checking around I determind my electrolytes dropped too low. I stopped the AD and ate normally, adding banana's to my shakes, and the cramps and headaches ceased.

A week and a half later, I feel better than I have in a loooooong time. I look like I've leaned out, yet the muscles still look full. I weighed myself yesterday and I was 228. That means I've gone from 216 to 230.5 to 228.

Not bad I think. :head:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great results Rob!!!

sounds like you've had some fun on this cycle...