M-drol/H-drol - Week 1 update

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, yeah man, compare that to . .

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/alpha-lipoic-acid-caps-100-caps-300-mg.html

I've got to be honest, I had not heard about na-R-ALA until you mentioned it yesterday. I thought you meant regular R-ALA . . I'm low on funds untill January, but that's when i'll be able to truly 'take advantage' of Nutraplanets kick ass prices and products . . I'll be capping my own stuff . . Including that na-R-ALA, cus it sounds appealing ,. .and worth a shot .. What else you take with it ? And what effects are you experiencing ?
I just take it with carb meals,creatine,or at night. It's very strong sh*t...never take with alcohol as you will get rather sick!!! trust me. I take a quarter teaspoon. I'm gonna get some reg ala sence it's just so much more cost efficiant

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, bro, try out some regular ALA, and let us know how you like it compared to the na-R-ALA ! Like previously stated, I'm going @ around 1,200-1,500 mg ALA/day spread out evenly.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Norwegian, do you know how many calories you are taking in with that diet you posted...?

Just curious.

And when you were just straight out bulking (when you were at 278) was your diet clean at that point as well? I am just curious, because I think that I am going to just do an all out bulk for the winter. I am tired of trying to keep the abs all the time...haha

Any help is greatly appreciated bro and good luck with the rest of your log.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Norwegian, do you know how many calories you are taking in with that diet you posted...?

Just curious.

And when you were just straight out bulking (when you were at 278) was your diet clean at that point as well? I am just curious, because I think that I am going to just do an all out bulk for the winter. I am tired of trying to keep the abs all the time...haha

Any help is greatly appreciated bro and good luck with the rest of your log.

I'm @ around 2600-2800 calories/day now.

Haha, man, I bulked alright ! Fall of 2006, I ate and ate and ate some more . . ISA-test was the ONE supplement I took - along with protein and pre-workout drinks - and I gained LITERALLY 40 lbs from August till end of november. I **** YOU NOT - many people dont believe this . . BUT, lots of chub ! See, I was dieting with burgers and fries in to the early AMs. I mean, it was disgusting how much I was able to scarf down at that point in my life . . Like I said, ALL I WANTED TO SEE was the numbers increase when i stepped on the scale . . and they did ! LOL. I looked like a rhino when i worked out though, all sweaty, pudgy, red and just BIG ! LOL

I feel you with the abs thing . . I'm gonna be hating x-mas, cus I'll be attempting to get some MORE definition on my abs over that break ! lol, SO, enjoy your food, and screw the abs, you're not gonna be showing em off entirely too much untill early spring anyway !

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I'm @ around 2600-2800 calories/day now.

Haha, man, I bulked alright ! Fall of 2006, I ate and ate and ate some more . . ISA-test was the ONE supplement I took - along with protein and pre-workout drinks - and I gained LITERALLY 40 lbs from August till end of november. I **** YOU NOT - many people dont believe this . . BUT, lots of chub ! See, I was dieting with burgers and fries in to the early AMs. I mean, it was disgusting how much I was able to scarf down at that point in my life . . Like I said, ALL I WANTED TO SEE was the numbers increase when i stepped on the scale . . and they did ! LOL. I looked like a rhino when i worked out though, all sweaty, pudgy, red and just BIG ! LOL

I feel you with the abs thing . . I'm gonna be hating x-mas, cus I'll be attempting to get some MORE definition on my abs over that break ! lol, SO, enjoy your food, and screw the abs, you're not gonna be showing em off entirely too much untill early spring anyway !
im soo tempted to go on a 10week eating spree and throwon as much mass as i can gahh but for now its trying to burn some fat and nothing is changing even doing tons of cardio grrrr,, tons more then i normally do not tons total

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Wow u look fcuking awesome man! Nice log. Sick stack. I changed mine up again and going with Epi and SD. 6 weeks with SD pulsed 3x a week.

U have done an awesome job with ur body!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the good words, friend !

Damn, that sounds like a nice run - > i'm happy to hear that you're being rather careful with the superdrol. I pulsed Epi myself in September btw .. 30-40mg/day four days a week, mainly pre- and post workout. Loved it !

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the good words, friend !

Damn, that sounds like a nice run - > i'm happy to hear that you're being rather careful with the superdrol. I pulsed Epi myself in September btw .. 30-40mg/day four days a week, mainly pre- and post workout. Loved it !
I had an awesome pulse with SD/Ergo/TRN. I was going to do PP/Epi but the SD is calling my name hehe.

Ur one hell of a beast. U and Trip are crazy man awesome size and ripped! I am not that dedicated right now for those kinds of results.:toofunny:

Anyway I am subbed for sure.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HAHA, man I feel ya with the SD . . I was like, why **** around with the other milder/less potent ones .. I know myself enough to deal with that ! :toofunny:

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
norwegian what was training regimen like when you were a rhino...haha?

<--trying to put on mass this winter.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 8:

I looked dry as hell when I woke up - I always seem to do - perhaps the ALA every night before bed and upon wakening - but I definitely looked bigger and fuller. Noticed I've lost some water/fat around the obliques since beginning of the cycle, so my weight must have had some kind of fluctuation thus far.

Woke up at 8am today to go to class, got about 6 hours of sleep ...needless to say, I needed a boost, and QUICK !!! I popped two JetFuel and one AMP on an empty stomach with a bunch of water, and brought a banana with me to class. (a protein shake was not an option; whenever I drink a protein shake only (vanilla Whey protein by EAS) with no other foods with it, I get sick as a dog . . (got a BUNCH of 4everfit isolate coming in this soon) I insisted on not filling my stomach with a huge meal before the caffeine was absorbed . . 8.30am, and I was already beginning to get warmer and more awake. Keep in mind, it's been TEN (10) whole days since I last took caffeine, so this was bound to do something to me! LOL

Took my other supplements when I got back home at 9.30AM, and fixed myself a chicken breast and oatmeal on the side. Still feeling alert and awake.

Ate another chicken breast with half a cup of rice at 11.30-11.45AM, as I was lifting at 1.30-1.45PM today. I noticed my energy levels were getting lower around noon, so I knew I'd have a pre-workout drink. I had a sample bag of Labradas SuperCharge (THANKS FOR THE FREE SAMPLES, LABRADA) and First Order (THANKS FOR THE FREE SAMPLES, BODYWELL NUTRITION), so I figured why not try something new out on my leg-day. First off, fruit punch SuperCharge has a KICK ASS flavor - I actually enjoy drinking it. Secondly, I didn't end up on the pot - like NOXplode does . . .

At 1.45PM I was at the gym, ready to go . . VERY MUCH ready to go !!! (And still no stomach discomfort!) Here are the numbers:

Smith Machine Squats: 135 * 15, 225 * 12, 275 * 10, 315 * 10, 365 * 4 -> DROP 315 * 4 -> DROP 225 * 6

(slow and controlled reps, I bend to 75-90 degrees - don't hate on me - depending on the weight. I.e. with 225, I'd go LOW and slow, and really squeeze, with 315 and 365 I'd go to 90 degrees, and explode up. Took 90-120 second in between sets, so it was intense!)

Leg Press Machine - 600 * 12, 800 * 10, 800 * 10, 800 * 12

(My legs were taking a toll here; once again, FULL range of motion, and explode back up. I played my mp3 player loud as hell (Still D.R.E.) and STILL heard myself grunt by every rep - LOL.)

Two-legged Curls - 240 * 15, 275 * 12, 290 * 10 ( SLOW and controlled; 2-3 second release, then EXPLODE back on the curl and REALLY squeeze the ham before releasing (2-3 second negative)

*** when I was in the middle of my leg curl sets, I was nauseous as hell. I had pushed myself a helluva lot. Took a one minute breather in the stall, and spilt my guts, then returned to complete another couple exercises. Gotta deal with the PAIN ! Gotta LOVE the pain!)

Two-legged Extensions - 100 * 15, 100 * 12, 100 * 12 (SLOW and held peak contraction for a second.

Standing One-legged Curls - 40 * 12, 40 * 12, 40 * 12, 40 * 12 (Slow and squeeze on top)

Calf Raises - 4 sets * 12 reps on a standing Calf Machine

That was it for legs . . I went to the locker room and pulled down my sweatpants, and I SWEAR, I HAD VEINS FROM THE TOP OF MY THIGHS DOWN TO THE MIDDLE OF MY CALVES!!!! It was the sickest thing I've seen on myself ever. My legs were JACKED beyond belief !! I was pissed that I didn't have a bud there who could've taken my pic, so I only got some half-assed ones on my phone, that aren't worth posting here. I'm still hoping to one day bring a camera to the gym and shoot some action there.

NOW - - GET THIS !!! Weigh-in: 227 lbs ! This is an 8.4 lbs decrease since LAST Monday ! And this is with NO cardio apart from running around with my dog outside on a field a couple times. (Got a crazy little 5-month old puppy; we ran some wind-sprints both yesterday and saturday just for fun . . lol) Now, i had retained ALL strength as far as my legs go, and without a doubt went up in weight. Still no belt used on my leg training, so it's all RAW.

I had my post-workout drink when i got home:
- 2 scoops whey protein
- 1 scoop Cell-Tech
- 1 scoop (50 grams) WMS
- 1 SAMPLE packet of CEL's REFUEL (THANK YOU, CEL !)

*had an additional 300mg ALA with this.

Now I'm about to have my chicken and rice, so I'll hit ya'll up later !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh, I also mixed in 3 scoops of Xtend and 1 scoop of White Flood in half a gallon of water that i drank during my workout. I SWEAR by Xtend !! (and @ only 3 scoops for me at ~230 lbs., it's a BARGAIN!)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feedback suggests people tend to loose water at first with superdrol..like it has a dieretic effect at first,then starts adding mass.(mostly through glycogen storage i think) Also it seems Superdrol promotes anabolism in a caloric surplus high in carbohydrates (Low carb is apparantly not the ideal situation for superdrol) Interested to see your outcome actually...awsome log bro

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Feedback suggests people tend to loose water at first with superdrol..like it has a dieretic effect at first,then starts adding mass.(mostly through glycogen storage i think) Also it seems Superdrol promotes anabolism in a caloric surplus high in carbohydrates (Low carb is apparantly not the ideal situation for superdrol) Interested to see your outcome actually...awsome log bro
Man, I am interested myself. LOL. I will not change my diet in any form or fashion - in terms of INCREASING calories - as I'm not looking to gain an ounce of extra water (if at all possible).

HOWEVER, starting tonight, I'll make the following two changes:

1) Beyond 6-7 PM, I will not consume any more carbohydrates. My two meals beyond 6PM will be chicken breast with a salad and low-calorie dressing on the side OR green beans. And my protein shake prior to bed time will be only protein powder with 8g of MCT fats in it.
2) No more EVOO. Two reasons; 1) I ran out - it's costly, so why bother . . LOL. 2) unnecessary fat, as my diet already has a sufficient amount of healthy fats.

That's it for the tweaking for now . . If any other changes, I will make sure to let you know !

BTW, how are your current cycle gains yourself ?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
norwegian what was training regimen like when you were a rhino...haha?

<--trying to put on mass this winter.

Hahaha, the rhino . . I was called 'the albino rhino' for a while - I'm able to laugh at that now ! lol

When I was a rhino, I'd be hitting the gym 6-7 days/week. If I missed a day, I felt bad .. dunno why ! So off-days were few, but obviously, that's not much of a problem as I was choking down enough calories to feed a whole village in Africa (OK, not a nice thing to say, but you get my point) . . lol

I definitely did lots of volume; 4-5 exercises for every bodypart; 8-15 reps (not that it gives you a good picture of what I did .. ) and hit every bodypart every 5 days on average. Also, NO cardio. To get OUTSTANDING results like i did in my bulk, you need NOOOO CARDIO - that's the best thing about the 'diet' . . LOL

But, I didn't do anything magical. Just lots of volume, lots of intensity - - - - I was drenching every bench or station i was at . .

I have my workouts from that semester ALL written down on my laptop - that's having technical issues now . . as in 'will not turn on PERIOD' . . time for a replacement, but i've got 2 years of workout logs there DAMMIT !!!!! I will see what I can do with it, and hopefully be able to show come sample workouts, etc, etc . . .

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
ur a beast and a freak and im closely following

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ur a beast and a freak and im closely following
Thanks a lot, bro, and I'm happy to see that some have an interest for it. I'm logging on bodybuilding.com as well, but no feedback, no nothing, so I'm probably gonna drop that log, but continue logging here. (Same log, obviously)

Anyway . . it's in the evening now, and I was lucky enough to spend two long hours in a math review just after my workout and dinner, so my legs are finally hurting - I say finally cus thats a good sign, DUH ! LOL . . that leg workout was brutal, an my thighs are still full and pumped, so I'm happy as hell.

Like I said, I cut all carbs at 6pm. Just had another meal with Chicken and Green Beans - yum yum . . Got another chicken breast with a salad and some dressing coming up at 11PM, before a final pre-bed time shake at 1AM.. It sucks about the cutting the carbs part, because I normally work out at 6pm, and tend to prefer having a carb meal after my carb-rich post-workout shake . . This means I may have to continue doing my workouts in the afternoon.. (whether or not this will be applicable, I do not know yet.. Classes are interrupting my whole ****ing day-schedule, dammit !!!)

Anyway, thanks for following my log, I love the critiques and the feedbacks, and it only inspires me to make the most of the log.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, how are your current cycle gains yourself ?
I kept calories rather low through most of it(ate very clean).Today ended week 12 and im up about 10 lean pounds.Thats all i wanted really. I got a few weeks left "ON" so i hope to hit 200!!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Hahaha, the rhino . . I was called 'the albino rhino' for a while - I'm able to laugh at that now ! lol

When I was a rhino, I'd be hitting the gym 6-7 days/week. If I missed a day, I felt bad .. dunno why ! So off-days were few, but obviously, that's not much of a problem as I was choking down enough calories to feed a whole village in Africa (OK, not a nice thing to say, but you get my point) . . lol

I definitely did lots of volume; 4-5 exercises for every bodypart; 8-15 reps (not that it gives you a good picture of what I did .. ) and hit every bodypart every 5 days on average. Also, NO cardio. To get OUTSTANDING results like i did in my bulk, you need NOOOO CARDIO - that's the best thing about the 'diet' . . LOL

But, I didn't do anything magical. Just lots of volume, lots of intensity - - - - I was drenching every bench or station i was at . .

I have my workouts from that semester ALL written down on my laptop - that's having technical issues now . . as in 'will not turn on PERIOD' . . time for a replacement, but i've got 2 years of workout logs there DAMMIT !!!!! I will see what I can do with it, and hopefully be able to show come sample workouts, etc, etc . . .
That would be great man...I want to switch my routine up and whatever you were doing was obviously working for you so I am very interested...

Anything you can tell me about your training during your bulk would be great (split, exercises, sets.) anything bro. Feel free if you want to PM me. I don't want to clutter your log.

And sorry to here about your laptop bro.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That would be great man...I want to switch my routine up and whatever you were doing was obviously working for you so I am very interested...

Anything you can tell me about your training during your bulk would be great (split, exercises, sets.) anything bro. Feel free if you want to PM me. I don't want to clutter your log.

And sorry to here about your laptop bro.
i've wanted a better way to bulk. I've been using splits for bulking and I'd rather use pushing/pulling exercises for bulking. They say compound movements pack on the mass faster and better. I've just never tried them though. Perhaps I will on this next cycle of m1t.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 9:

Got another 6 hours of sleep before I had to get up to study for an exam. Upon wakening, I took 3 JetFuel on an empty stomach with water. I didn't eat my breakfast untill 90 minutes later. The JetFuel has kept my furnace GOING AND GOING for 7 hours now, I **** YOU NOT ! (OK, right before the test I took ONE AMP pill - I wanted to assure myself I wouldn't get tired during the test, yet at the same time, I didn't feel like a full 100mg of caffeine from each JetFuel pill (instead, only 60mg caffeine/cap in AMP, I think it was from the top of my head.)

HOWEVER, JetFuel KILLED my appetite ! My lunch at noon took 30-40 minutes to complete - 1/2 cup brown rice with 1.5 chicken breast. And I scarfed it all down with lots of water.

Now, I may be stressed from this Exam and all, and have been for 4-5 days, but my aggression has been BAD today ! BAD TEMPER ! There were a couple problems on this damned test that made me want to get up in the middle of it and just rip the ****ing test apart and pitch it towards the prof. Thankfully, I didn't, but found myself sitting there tapping both feet 200 mph like a crazy person without his meds.. I didn't do how I wanted to on the test, so on the way back home, my fuse was gone. I was screaming at people in traffic, flicking them off, and just impatient as hell . . BUT, at the same time, I felt like i was on top of the ****ing world ! Well, I could've taken on ANYONE I felt like !!

OK, so that was quite the side note, but all I'm saying is that today my temper has been hard to manage. Got a total of 4 pimples - tiny ones, knock on wood - but I'm hoping that I can minimize the acne on this cycle, and be able to show off the results like I want to at the end of my cycle . . Since I started all the healthy fats - CLA, MCT, fish oil and Sesamin - in my diet, my skin has cleared up and stayed nice and firm . . And I'd LOVE to keep it this way ! Apart from the NASTY Vitamin B5 or B6 (can't recall which), what other supplementation has helped ya'll deal with it? (I don't want to deal with accutane, btw.) The Java Soap here at Nutraplanet, will it help keep skin clear, or just help with tone and stretch marks ? I'm thinking of throwing in one of those in an order . .

SO, I'm looking at my calves and thighs, and they are VEINY ! I've been sitting on my ass or laying down studying the whole morning, then took a two hour test, so there's no reason why they'd be 'pumped' but they sure are. And to top it off, I'm not even sore !! I don't even walk with a limp, nor a partial limp from the grueling leg workout yesterday !!!! THAT part I WILL dedicate a WHOOOOLE lot to Xtend !!! Since I started Xtend 3.5-4 weeks ago, recovery has been faster than EVER before.

Let me sum up this for you guys; after 9 days on my cycle:

Side effects:
* a couple pimples.
* Bad temper - more than once, and it's pronounced . . !
* BP rising every now and then; I'll get warm/sweaty for no reason, and since I'm light/fair skinned, i get red blotches on chest/shoulder/upper arm area every once in a while. (those of you with fair skin may know what I am talking about, BUT, I've had this for 6-7 years - not high BP - but the red areas that look a little bit like a rash - so I will not blame that on the cycle either, but it's been more frequent just the past 4 days.)
* trouble falling asleep and a little drowsy during the day, on and off.

- the sleeping part, is, like I said something I've dealt with before, so I will not blame it entirely on my cycle . . but it has gotten slightly worse since prior to the cycle.

Cons:
* feeling of invincibility/superiority - literally - I just feel full, jacked and pumped, and coupled with the temper, I feel like I can take on anyone, and I'm confident as hell
* looking full and vascular, but LEAN !!
* lost some water around my stomach
* strength is WITHOUT A DOUBT up !!!

Once again, a messy log, but that's what happens when I only drop by my apt for an hour at a time in between classes and insist on updating my log for ya'll ! LOL.

I will update tonight again, because my Shoulder/Back/Trap workout is coming up in only a few short hours, and I'm already telling myself it's gonna be one helluva session !! I got a sample of Armageddon and Evolution x10 by StarChemLabs (THANK YOU FOR THE SAMPLES), so I will definitely use the Armageddon pre-workout - and HOPE not to get the ****s like so many others - but I don't think I'll be trying the Evolution x10, cus the Xtend/White Flood combo is working wonders for me as is . .

Untill later, PEACE !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know how I never thought to mention this before . .

The most pronounced side effect -- - and a BAD ONE ! JOINT PAIN !! It's one of the reasons why I'm only working every muscle once a week, but hell, I didn't think it could get this bad THIS quick ! Yes, my strength is soaring, but my arms are also throbbing in pain after most sets - left elbow is the worst . . I went to Sam's this morning and got Glucosamine/MSM instead of Glucosamine/Chondiotrin, because I heard the former is what works the fastest as the joint pain/issues are ALREADY there. Today's workout almost went to ****s because of this !!!

Here are the numbers, however:

Day 9 - Back/Shoulders

Wide-grip Pull-ups: Bodyweight * 15, 12, 12, 10

Seated Dumbbell Press - 80 * 15, 100 * 6(this is when the pain kicked in), 90 * 6, 90 * 6

Seated Cable Rows - 200 * 15, 250 * 12, 250 * 12, 250 * 12
(I couldn't believe how easily I handled this weight. I was pumping them out like they were warm-up sets. Elbows THROBBING in pain, and I knew I had to lessen the work-load to complete this workout.) As soon as I completed these sets, I spilt my guts in the toilet again . . intensity was still there, as usual :)

Seated Side Laterals - 30 * 12, 30 * 12, 30 * 12 (these were so painful that I could barely feel em in my shoulders, so I decided to drop the weight to 20s, and I did 2 sets * 15 reps of standing one-arm laterals instead.)

Upright Barbell Rows - 95 * 12, 95 * 12 (wide-grip) 95 * 12, 95 * 12 (close-grip) (As I couldn't handle my normal weight here, I just did a slow, fluid motion with a peak-contraction.)

Curl-grip Pull-ups - Bodyweight * 12, 10, 10

Rear Machine Laterals (on Pec-dec) - 100 * 12, 100 * 12, 80 * 10, 80 * 10 (to put less strain on elbows and to take my arms out of the movement, I didn't even grab the handles, but made a fist, palms facing eachother and pushed on the handles with the top of my hands. (if that explanation makes sense?)

DB Shrugs -100 * 12, 110 * 10, 110 * 10
superset with
Plate Front Raises - 45 * 12, 45 * 12, 45 * 15

I called it quits here . . weighed in at 228 lbs. even.

PROS:
* I am officially the nastiest, most vascular looking dude at the gym . . OK, maybe I have been up there for a while in size, but today I was 6 pairs of veins running down each shoulder down to my elbows. It was disgusting how jacked I looked. My skin is looking thinner - OBVIOUS sub-q water loss from head to toe. (Like I mentioned earlier, my thighs are veiny just 'sitting there', lol)

Thanksgiving is coming up, and hopefully all college kids are leaving town so i can bring a camera to the gym and take some action pics.

CONS:
* ELBOWS ! OUCH !!!!!
* Endurance was DOWN today . . . I'm sleep deprived and all, but I didn't think it'd slow me down like it did. I took the Armageddon prior to working out, and it was mediocre - nothing outrageous, but did screw with my stomach prior to working out. Definitely didn't give me an energy rush like I required - and nothing like VasoFlow - so what brought my head in to the workout was ME wanting to bust my balls and move some weights around and show off, not stimulants and caffeine and **** in my system firing me up . .

Got to admit, this log is the funkiest log I've seen. But hey, it's my first one, so it could only get better from here, right ? - riiiight . . .

PEACE !

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
humm, look into cissus and fish oil, jack fish oil to 30g daily and i started cissus a while back and it def made most of my joint and body aches go away

i got the cheap cissus not sure if its getable anymore. but fish oil is pretty cheap, not too cheap at 30g daily though but you can do 5-10

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
humm, look into cissus and fish oil, jack fish oil to 30g daily and i started cissus a while back and it def made most of my joint and body aches go away

i got the cheap cissus not sure if its getable anymore. but fish oil is pretty cheap, not too cheap at 30g daily though but you can do 5-10
Hey bro,

I'm already doing 20-25 grams of fish oil per day. Also got 6 grams of CLA/day. I'll be adding 1500mg of both Glucosamine and MSM twice a day.

Cissus I've never tried before, and I've barely researched it ! What dosages you use ? Cap em yourself ?

How long - and using what exactly - did it take before you started noticing that it helped joint pain ?!

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,

I'm already doing 20-25 grams of fish oil per day. Also got 6 grams of CLA/day. I'll be adding 1500mg of both Glucosamine and MSM twice a day.

Cissus I've never tried before, and I've barely researched it ! What dosages you use ? Cap em yourself ?

How long - and using what exactly - did it take before you started noticing that it helped joint pain ?!
i dont remmeber howfast or slow i noticed it working, but i bought the cheaper bulk powder from NP

i capped them myself and took 6daily for 3g worth i believe

it made my bad shoulder feel better, esp noticeable in bed cuz sleeping on it always was weird then cissus for sure helped that issue go away

i capped it myself yes, and supposedly if you take the stronger stuff and high dose it becomes anabolic or something? i didnt look into that effect too much but its an idea

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 10:

-decided to take a couple side shots, just to see how the lines are coming in on my stomach and hips . . I'm VERY pleased with the outcome of 9 days of this diet. Definitely looking more defined, and this is still with NO added cardio, and - SO FAR - no extra ab-work.

BTW, I'm so sore today i can barely move. My entire body is aching from the past two days of grueling workouts with restricted carbs. I'm sensing I'll allow myself lots more carbs today . . Probably be loading today with about 500-600 grams of carbs, in order to finish off the day with an ALL-OUT arm workout, before taking thursday and friday off entirely, and eat all the Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing I can chow down . . The only reason I'd work out today although I'm still as sore as I am is because I'll be spending the holidays in Houston, and I wouldn't be able to find the time of day to work out on Friday.

Attachments

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
jacked bro, good job....using prohormones or not, thats alot of hard work and dedication, congrats.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot, bro, I appreciate it !

I am looking flatter and not as full as I did the past couple days, but like I said two nights ago, I cut all carbs beyond 7PM, and this is taking its toll. Especially with the work out intensity I have, I'll be sweating by the thousands [of calories] . . lol . . Also, I'm 8 lbs lighter here than when i started the cycle; I'm standing at 227 lbs this morning.

Well, I'm gonna get to my eating. 90 grams of carbs from brown rice and chicken breast with 50 grams of protein altogether. That's how I'll keep my meals going today; upping the carbohydrate content by 100% each meal, but keeping them healthy.

I may shoot some more pics after tonights workout, and hopefully I'll have filled in a little bit by them. Because of how flat I am, I will try to add 50-75 grams of WMS to my pre/during-workout mix of Xtend and White Flood today, to see if the pumps really are as amazing as some say with WMS . .

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here's my typical day of eating, FYI:

Meal 1: Protein shake with 50grams of Whey Isolate Protein. One instant packet of reduced sugar maple brown oatmeal, mixed with warm water on the side. (30 grams carbs total)

I take the following supplements 15 minutes prior:
* 8 gram MCT oil mixed in the protein shake
* 2 caps CLA
* 5 caps Fish oil
* 1.33mL Sesamin oil
* 300mg ALA
* Active Multivitamin
* Glucosamine/MSM
* 1 H-drol cap
* 1 M-drol cap
* Juice Plus+ (2 caps of each of the three kinds)
* Milk Thistle

Meal 2: 1/2 cup steamed brown rice, 1 cup steamed green beans. 300 gram chicken breast. (~35 grams carbs total)

Meal 3: Same as #2 (~35 grams carbs total)

* 2 caps CLA
* 5 caps Fish oil
* 1.33mL Sesamin oil
* 300-600mg ALA
* Milk Thistle

Meal 4: Same as #2 (I take one M-drol and one H-drol with some fish oil 15 minutes prior to this meal, as it is my pre-workout meal.) (~35 grams carbs total)

Meal 5: post workout shake -> 50 grams Whey protein, 3/4 scoop cell tech, 3/4 scoop waxy maize starch (equal to a total of ~70 grams of simple sugars/carbs - also add 300-600mg ALA with this PW shake)

Meal 6: Same as #2 (~35 grams carbs total)

Meal 7: Pre-bed protein shake. 50 grams Whey Isolate Protein.

* 8 gram MCT oil mixed in the protein shake
* 2 caps CLA
* 5 caps Fish oil
* 1.33mL Sesamin oil
* 300mg ALA
* Glucosamine/MSM
* 1 H-drol cap
* Milk Thistle

Protein = ~350 grams
Carbs = ~ 200 grams
Fats = ~ 60 grams (all from CLA, fish oil, MCT oil, and a little EVOO)

My carb sources are only from brown rice and oatmeal. I buy pre-boiled brown rice pouches. Each pouch has a total of 100 grams of carbohydrates in it, and this is divided in to three equal servings to go alongside 3 out of my 4 chicken meals/day.

The order or the meals vary somewhat ON OCCASION, but lately I cut carbs beyond 7PM. Since I did this, all three meals of chicken WITH rice come BEFORE 5PM, and the Oatmeal is for breakfast no matter what, every morning. Beyond 7PM, my chicken will be eaten alongside a salad or green beans.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
you eat a lot of carbs compared to how lean you are. lucky guy !!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you eat a lot of carbs compared to how lean you are. lucky guy !!
Lol, I've got great Norwegian [viking] genetics, and I'm taking ALA.. That's the be-all/end-all stack of the century right there ! hahah . .

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didn't up the carbs as much as expected cus I'm paranoid about losing definition or retaining water. Total for the day was abuot 450 grams, where 300 grams were from brown rice and oatmeal, and another 150 grams from Waxy maize starch and the dextrose content in the cell-tech.

Today was arm day, and it'd be the last workout before two days off, so I figured I had to make the best of it, and tear up as much as possible, as the turkey, stuffing, and pies were just around the corner.

My last meal prior to working out was at 4.15PM; 50 grams of protein from chicken with 50 grams of carbs from brown rice. I took my second dosage of the H-drol and M-drol with some fish oil as well.

6.30PM and I'm finally feeling a little 'emptier' inside . . stomach bothered me some for whatever reason. I took two scoops of VasoCharge (Scivation), one scoop of whey protein, and one 50gram scoop of Waxy maize starch and drank it in a second. (Mango flavored protein, and the WMS makes it taste ever sweeter, so it was awesome!)

Mixed 1.5 scoops of White Flood and 3 scoops of Xtend in half a gallon of water and took off for the gym.

Now, I don't have workout numbers here, but let me explain . . let me TRY to explain. Because of my elbow pain, i decided to go somewhat light, but for high reps. Lots and lots of volume.

I didn't hit my calves hard enough on monday, so I figured i'd throw some of those in there too, so I started off super setting triceps rope pressdowns and ez-bar pressdowns with different calf exercises. I mean, why not, it's not like i was gonna run out of steam for my bicep workout. Did a solid 16 sets of calves on 4-5 different exercises. After a couple sets of triceps, my arms were already swelling up. Literally. Finally got to the dumbbell section where they had mirrors so I could see, and my triceps stood out as if I'd just popped a couple CCs of synthol in there, I'm not ****ing kidding ! Had veins going down my shoulders, down my arms, across my tris and bis . . It looked semi-retarded. haha. No, **** that, I've never felt better in my life ! I did high volume, and the pump was ridiculous, so I lost count of reps and sets . . after like 5 exercises for triceps, I decided to warm up my bis, but instead I continues supersetting bis and tris for 4-5 more exercises of each (totaling 9 exercises for triceps and 7 for biceps each for 2-4 sets each, lost count of reps but 'within range', haha)

I had never looked better in my life, and people were staring me down at the gym with that typical 'what the **** look' .. I was jacked. My energy levels were THROUGH the roof, my mood was WAY up [result of confidence probably, lol] and I seriously did not want to leave the gym. After like an hour and a half or so I was done. Could've gone another hour, but I needed some more protein and carbs in me.

Post-workout shake consisted of:
* 2 scoops 4EverFit Whey isolate
* 1 scoop Cell-tech (orange)
* 1 scoop WMS
* 1 sample packet of Refuel (adds another 16 grams of sugar and some beta-alanine, etc.. had a sample packet, so why not take it ?!)

The drink kicked ass to say the least. Took 300mg ALA with it as well.. I down the drink, and my stomach didn't even bloat, I still looked tight as hell, and could see veins down my stomach when I tightened it.

Got some post-workout pics here . . Bodyweight @ 229.2 lbs today.

I am confident in saying that today's carb increase, portioning and timing worked out pretty damned well.. I didn't add much water or bloat, and I'm looking full as hell, with vascularity I've never had before.

Side effects: Short fuse when I'm in stressful situations (traffic, class, studying....). Not suffering any other issues - KNOCK ON WOOD - I have not had any aches or back pumps; no more acne (KNOCK AGAIN, cus I don't feel bad rolling up my sleeves when working out now!)..

Well, I'm gonna hit the hay now.. Took some Lean Dreams a little while ago, so I'll be getting laid tonight for sure !

PEACE !

Attachments

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
goddam genetic freaks of nature !!!

you got best body on board

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 13:

So, after two days in a row OFF training, you'd think I'd come back to the gym bigger, better, stronger and all the rest . . I was wrong . . Eating has been on 95% of the time the past two days, and I'll throw myself a high five there, cus I spent too many hours in the car for that to really be possible, but I made sure to pre-pack both chicken and rice in zip-lock containers, and the likes .. So I got my meals in when I needed to, and stayed on my diet for the past two days apart from ONE meal, Thanksgiving turkey/ham dinner with all the extras. I sort of hate myself for not binging more, but it's whatever, I feel confidentin saying I didn't gain an ounce of water. Weighed in today @ 227.2 lbs, so I was happy to see that.

BUT.. I said my workout went to ****s cus it did. This piece of **** ****ing texas weather really ****s with you ! Up until and including wednesday we had temperatures of between 72-80 degrees. Then it dropped overnight; it's been averaging 40 since Thanksgiving, and my body is NOT used to the cold temperatures, NOR do I enjoy the cold anymore, cus I don't have 20% bodyfat to keep me warm. Needless to say, I'm walking around freezing, with the HEAT on 80-82 degrees, and shock my body every time i step outside to 40-50 degrees with rain. So to be fair to myself - and so that I won't be depressed for the rest of this weekend - I got to say that the weather is what ****ed me up today ! I can't run outside with my dog, so I don't get my 2-3 hours of outdoor time anymore, and instead I'm sitting inside and don't move around too much - i mean, you can only do so much indoors. AND, as I left for the gym, I was freezing my ass off, and that doesn't really keep the blood pumping like you want it to . .

Anyway. I took my regular pre-workout drink, and like I said a couple days ago, I'm gonna make the WMS a habit to put it in my pre-workout VasoCharge. EVERYTHING WAS SPOT ON today as far as eating every 2.5 hours, perfect servings of chicken and rice, and I even upped both carbs and protein a little bit, just because I needed to fuel my body for the workout. I also started to put protein in my Xtend that I drink during workout (Substance WPI watermelon flavor in Xtend watermelon flavor - works out damn good)

I didn't even bother to record the weights today. Started off with compound lifts for Chest, just Incline Barbell Press and Flat Dumbbell Press. It didn't take many sets before I noticed my pump wasn't there, and the 'feel' just wasn't there. And my strength was OFF ! As a result, I did what i did on wednesday, just made the most of it.

For Incline Bench Press I did 2 second negatives with a complete 1 second pause on the bottom before pushing it back up. For Flat Dumbbell Press, I did the same, only I did 2 second negatives, 1 second stop on bottom of the movement, then 2 second 'positive'. The weights were lower than I was used to, but I still got a decent pump, because doing the reps as slow as I did them, I focused on a strong contraction, really stretched out the chest in the bottom position, and reduced the strain on the secondary muscles (ie triceps and front deltoids). My vascularity was great still, yet I didn't look as full, but like I said, the cool weather doesn't exactly get my blood flowing. For the first time ever, I was having to wear a sweatshirt when working out, cus my body temperature just wasn't what I'm used to.

After flat dumbbell press, I headed for the Incline Hammer Press, where I did 2-3 second negatives, 2 second hold on bottom, before exploding back in to top position. I also leaned my head forward, made sure my whole spine was touched the back pad, and my body was at a 90 degree angle on the seat. This really got me feeling it in my upper pecs, but the weight was once again lowered from what I'm used to, so I didn't really feel too good about myself.

I then did flat dumbbell flyes, arnold-style, hugging the hellllll out of a tree. Arms were at the same angle the whole time, stretched so that I almost touched the ground, and when I felt that I wouldn't get another solid rep (3 second negatives are hard as hell on these damned flyes!), I'd finish off each set with fly-presses until failure - where I'd lower the dumbbells like a fly, then bring them back in to my chest in the bottom position, and press them back up like a regular dumbbell press. If you've never done Fly/Presses like that, you ought to try it. It's AWESOME for a sick pump !

I then went to the Pec-deck and did 3 sets of 10-12 reps with 3-4 second negatives where I'd stretch so far back that the weight would almost fall back down on the stack for every rep [if ya get the picture]. Once again, here i leaned my head forwards, and my ass was touching the back-pad at ALL times so that the form was perfect.

Finished off with a couple sets of dumbbell pullovers, and got the hell out of there.

This entire workout I'd sit at my station and not even look at myself in the mirror. I'd avoid all eye contact - even if I saw buddy's up there i'd ignore them - cus I just felt lousy - and PISSED OFF for the weights I was using, and not being my same old self [like 3 days ago] in the gym. Seriously, I was just pissed off, and everyone there annoyed me, and I'd be cussing at myself and so on . . Sounds absolutely retarded, I'm aware, but I expected a WHOLE helluvalot more from myself, and to think this is one of the final chest workouts on the cycle makes it even tougher to admit that I had a ****ty workout.

I'll be making a couple changes, AGAIN . . now, for over a week, I've been telling myself I'm gonna up the carbs, but when it comes down to it, my conscience won't let me. I'm too worried about losing definition and getting some more water-weight on me. Instead, I'll be upping my protein intake to somewhere in between 400 and 450 grams/day. These extra 50-100 grams will come from an extra scoop or two of protein powder here and there, and/or an extra meal with chicken (this will all depend on my daily schedule as well as my appetite).

The only way I can cheer myself up right now is to tell myself I'm even leaner than 3 days ago. And I am. My abs are tight at all times, and my shoulders are getting some great definition and separation. I've added a shoulder shot from today, but I didn't bother taking too many pics, I just didn't feel good enough about myself.

Side effects: NONE !!! - KNOCK ON WOOD !!! (apart from a ****ty workout that I blame on this damned weather/season)

Oh, yeah. Elbow pain was in my right elbow today, not my left one like the other day. It wasn't as bad as my left was the other day, and I feel retarded for stating that the Glucosamine is already in effect - as it takes 4-6 weeks for improvement - but the MSM is probably helping already. [I mean it's helping as the right elbow pain is no longer there - knock on wood - and that **** was PAIIIIINFUL on wednesday ! Two days off from all heavy strained activities was also much needed I bet ..]

Once again, an unplanned post where I just wrote what came to mind. Pardon the mixture of information, and the - at times - lack of detail. My mood will be better tomorrow, and granted I work out tomorrow, I'll be updating you guys then.

PEACE !

Attachments

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this - and it COULD have had some effect on my strength, but normally it doesn't do that to me . .anyway . .

I've got this thing where i gotta time everything correctly, and I've got a certain 'anabolic window' where I tell myself, THIS is the IDEAL time where you got to refuel your body. What I mean is that after ANY workout, I feel the need to mix my post-workout shake immidiately upon completion of the workout. Today was my chest workout, but I also did calves - I try to prioritize them, not to proud of what I've currently got. I was gonna do them AFTER my chest workout, but here's my whole 'anabolic window' issue: I feel the need to have that post workout shake immidiately after working out the 'MAIN' muscle I'm working out on any particular day, ie. when I've got a pump going and the blood is engorged in my muscles. Now, if I were to do Chest and THEN 20 minutes of calves, I'd lose my chest pump, and I'd feel like the post workout shake isn't 'doing it's thing' like I want it to. Therefore, I supersetted seated calf raises with incline bench press, and one legged bodyweight calf raises with flat dumbbell press. I'd go forth and back from a set of calves to a set of chest with little to no rest in between.

To me, this feels like the right way to do it. I'd feel like my calves are what would grow [don't over-evaluate what I just said, just bare with me] and not my chest, if I were to do chest, THEN the calves, and THEN follow up with the post-workout shake.

Anyway, I'm gonna stop talking now, cus I feel like I'm rambling, and if you don't understand what I mean by the 'anabolic window' by now, then I don't know how else to put it..

PEACE !

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
i hear ya, so just wise up and do pushups till you drop... that will get the blood back in !!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'll do a couple sets of push ups to failure after completing my chest workout every once in a while. But if there was to go 20 minutes in between the chest workout completion and the push-ups, I feel like I'm having to warm up again.

But yeah, you just gotta listen to your body, and go by instinct.. that's the way I've trained for as long as i can remember.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
you should try icing your elbows. My shoulders hurt when I bench sometimes and I will ice them in 20 minute sessions. If I don't do that I need more time between heavy bench and shoulder workouts...

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 14:

I had a great day of eating, felt well rested, and figured that my legs were already recovered from last monday, so I bit the dust and hit the gym after all.

An hour prior to workout I had a Muscle Milk shake - Dulce de Leche. I found it for $12 the other day, so who the hell would resist buying that ?! Half an hour after, I mixed a sample packet of WTF Pumped with 1.5 scoops of Vasocharge and 35 grams of WMS. Once again, the WTF Pumped didn't agree with my stomach, and I spent a couple trips on the 'loo' before hitting the gym.

I mixed 3 scoops of Xtend with one topped scoop of White Flood and one scoop of WPI Substance in half a gallon of water, and took of to the gym. The fact that only 3 scoops of Xtend on workout days help my recovery to the Xtent (good one) that it does simply amazes me, so why bother throwing more in there ?! At this rate, Xtend has become the most economically efficient supplement I got in my stack, and I will not get off it. I've been using Xtend for 4 weeks now, and the Large sized is still half-full !!

I felt ready. My head was clear, and I was ready to hit the weights. I said **** the cold, and got dressed for once.

Squats:

Warm-ups: 135 * 15, 225 * 12
Working sets: 315 * 10, 365 * 8, 365 * 6, 365 * 4, 315 * 8 -> DROP 225 * 8

Once again, these are RAW and ROCK BOTTOM. NO belt, and ass to the ground. The drop set was insanely intense, and I wasn't gonna give in until I matched my 8 reps of 315 with 8 reps of 225, even though I took NO rest in between. On my 8th rep, my buddy was about to grab my chest cus he thought I got stuck at the bottom, but I just paused on the bottom of the 8th rep of 225 for two FULL seconds before I popped back up. It felt GOOOD!

Vertical Leg Press: 290 * 12, 290 * 12, 290 * 12, 340 * 15

- my mind muscle connection is fantastic to say the least. I did 1-2 second negatives, paused on bottom of movement, before slowly squeezing up the rep. Each set lasted 45-60 seconds, and when i racked the weight each time, I thought I was gonna spill my guts in agony. The veins were popping out of my calves like never before even when doing these, and I got an hellacious pump. I flexed my calf on the way over to the next station, and veins stuck out from every direction, and my buddy was just like, 'WTF' [Pumped, LOL].

Two-legged Seated leg Curls - 270 * 15, 285 * 12, 285 * 10

- held the peak contraction for a second, and each rep was done in an entirely controlled fashion, with a slow 2 second negative to full extension, before curling back.

Seated Two-leg Extensions - 140 * 12, 140 * 12, 140 * 12
superset with
One-legged Leaning Leg Curls - 30 * 12, 40 * 12, 50 * 12

- Slow reps, held peak contraction for a second, and squeezed as much blood as i could in to my hams and quads.

I then finished off with 3 sets of Calf Raises supersetted with SLOW bodyweight squats, just to keep that blood flowing until i got to the locker room mirrors so I could check out the results. My thighs, hams and calves were jacked like never before, and they're starting to look REAL good. I'm actually proud, but I hate to say that I got no good pics, so next time, I'll be asking my buddy to bring a camera and take some post leg-workout pics so you can see for yourself. Veins all the way up my thighs, and the separation is coming in.

Bodyweight: 226.6 lbs. - Can't explain this really, apart from that I threw up A LITTLE BIT after the Vertical Leg Presses.

Side Effects: None

I will drop my H-drol dosage to 50mg/day, and keep the M-drol @ 20mg/day. Why? Just because I'm getting the gains [looks wise] that I'm wanting, and they are side effect free [KNOCK ON WOOD] so why would I increase if I instead can just secure my gains at a lower dosage ?

Also, I added Testabolan yesterday. 2 caps in the morning, 3 caps prior to bed. Figured I'd let you all know..

So, with the decreased H-drol dosage, I'll be running the cycle for another 9 days total. [got 18 caps left of H-drol]

PEACE !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 15:

When the cold front set in, my veins are disappearing. ****in a ! I'm always cold, and it sucks.. I don't feel as full as I should be, and it sucks that the only time I feel 'good' is after I've gotten a pump in me.

Anyway. I took my Vasocharge with a scoop of WMS 30 minutes prior, and mixed my Substance WPI, White Flood and Xtend in my during-workout drink.

Today, instinct told me to focus on shoulders. Almost feel like I've been underprioritizing them for a while now, as i've been working back and shoulders on the same day for the past couple weeks.

Here are the numbers:

Seated Barbell Military Front Press: 135 * 15, 185 * 12, 185 * 8, 185 * 6, 135 * 8, 135 * 8.

First two sets were light as HELL, and I lowered the bar to just past my chin. The lift off on this machine is what keeps ****ing with me, cus I unrack the bar from chest height - SO THAT I START THE FIRST REP FROM ROCK BOTTOM ON MY CHEST ! This drains me every time, and I didn't have my buddy working out with me today to help unrack. But I got a decent pump going.

Wide-grip EZ-bar Upright Rows: 115 * 12, 115 * 12, 115 * 12

These showed off impressive vascularity in the upper arm/shoulder area. My skin is REAL tight around the top of my bicep/shoulder tie-in, and I felt real confident after these sets.

Side Laterals - 25 * 15, 30 * 12, 35 * 12, 40 * 12, 40 * 12

HOLY **** !!!! I seriously looked wide as a Hummer during these sets, and the vascularity on my side-deltoids looked semi-retarded. Also, the pump made my side deltoid stick out as if I just put some Castrol oil in there. I could tell that 3/4 of the gym were staring me down and whispering about me.. and this was in the peak hours of the gym, when it's packed. This gave me one helluva boost !

Reverse Pec-deck Flyes - 100 * 12, 110 * 10, 110 * 10, 110 * 10, 110 * 10

as usual, I have palms facing one another and I 'push back' with the top of my hand. Nothing makes me feel it better in my rear deltoids, which is why I went a little over the top with my sets.

Dumbbell Shrugs - 100 * 15, 100 * 15, 100 * 15, 110 * 15
supersetted in non-stop fashion with...
Front Plate Raises - 45 * 15, 45 * 15, 45 * 20, 45 * 20

- once again, my skin is real tight around the upper bicep/shoulder tie-in area, and it shows REAL good separation of the shoulder and bicep. Definitely shows well when I do those plate raises.

I was starting to feel a little strain on my left elbow by this time around, but I had lots of energy, and started a bicep workout.

Dumbbell Curls - 30 * 20, 40 * 12, 50 * 10, 50 * 10, 55 * 8

- I did two sets of one-armed machine curls after this, but the strain on my elbow was so ****ing painful that they were throbbing. Needless to say, I was done for the day.. Got a hellacious bicep pump too though . . .

Weight: 226.6 lbs.

That wraps it up for the day.. Like I stated yesterday, dosage is only 50mg/day of H-drol and 20mg/day of M-drol. Also doing 2 caps Testabolan in the morning, and 3 in the evening.

PEACE

BigEDogg

Awards
Norwegian,

Awesome Log Man. I am new to this site and I was following you over at the BB site. Your transformation is truely awesome. Such hard work and determination! Your discipline it what is so great.
I am thinking about starting a stack myself and maybe I could speak with you sometime and maybe get some insight and recomendations. I am 6'3 myself and weigh in at 223.

Keep up the great work man! I love reading about your transformation

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to apologize ahead of time to you fellas.. The only reason I haven't gotten back with you guys as much as before, nor responded to a couple PMs, is because it's the end-of-semester, and I'm wrapping up things. Lots of stress. anyway, I promise I'll answer PM's and everything the minute I got some spare time..

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 17:

To sum up what I've changed lately.. I've increased my protein intake to 400 grams/day, and kept my carbs right at 200 grams/day. H-drol is reduced to 50mg/day, both taken prior to my breakfast along with 10mg m-drol, and another 10mg caps m-drol an hour prior to working out. I've been experiencing random throbbing pains in my right elbow as well as a little cracking in left shoulder, so I've decided to reduce weight, increase reps, and increase intensity in my workouts so that the elbows don't get a chance to cool down whatsoever in between sets.

I went to the gym this evening, planning to do Back/Traps and Triceps, but realized that just like with my shoulders, I haven't focused as much on back as I feel I should've this semester, as a result of me dieting non-stop since August. It turned in to a Back/Traps workout, only.

Here are the numbers:

Wide-grip Behind-neck Pulldowns - (150 * 15), 200 * 12, 200 * 10, 200 * 10, 200 * 10

Full stretch for a full second, squeeze down until the bar almost touches the traps. Got one helluva starting pump with there.

Short-bar Barbell Rows (25 lbs. bar) -165 * 15, 195 * 12, 195 * 12, 195 * 12, 195 * 12

- I haven't done these since I can even remember.. So i figured why not. No belt, no straps, and I didn't even get a lower back pump/pain..

One-arm Incline Dumbbell Rows - 70 * 12, 70 * 12, 70 * 12

- FULL stretch at bottom for one second. Slow, controlled reps.

Wide-grip Palms-In Seated Cable Rows - 150 * 15, 180 * 12, 180 * 12

- Victor Martinez' favorite back-widener if you can picture the exercise better now. Stretch the lats slowly to the front, before raising up my chest as I pull the cable grip to just underneatch my pecs. Elbows pointing OUT the entire movement, which allows me to focus more on my upper-back, and I also feel these in my lower/outer traps when I squeeze back.

Seated Narrow-grip Cable Rows - 200 * 12, 200 * 12, 200 * 15

- full stretch to the front, before pulling back towards my abs

One-arm Hammer Stretch/Pulldowns - 45 * 20, 70 * 15, 90 * 10

- Anyone see Battle of the Olympia 2000 ? Vince Taylor does them here.. It's a strange movement, you stand on the side of the Hammer Pulldown station where you can do single-armed pulldowns, and basically it's only an awesome stretching of the lats, before squeezing down to peak contraction, and really squeezing the helllll outta your lats. How I can explain the movement, I dunno.. haha

Seated One-arm Hammer Rows - 90 * 10, 90 * 10

- the station was right next to the Hammer Strength, so I figured i'd get a final stretch in my lats. SLOW and controlled reps, squeezed my lats for a second on the peak contraction.

Barbell Shrugs - 225 * 15 * 5 sets

Seated Dumbbell Shrugs - 80 * 15, 80 * 15, 80 * 15

- My traps are lagging behind the width of my shoulder girdle, they've just never grown like I wanted them to.. Maybe it's time for some Castrol oil to put in them, HAHA, not.. Then again, i'm not really looking to get traps up to my ears, so I gotta deal with what I have given to me ..

Weight: 225.4 lbs.
- HOLY *^#*@^% ! I wasn't this low on the U.D 2.0 diet even, and that was running @ 40-50 grams of carbs/day. I don't know what to put this one, but my muscles are leaner, and look longer.. Does that make sense ? My bicep look like they stretch all the way to my forarm when i stand relaxed, and my shoulder girdle and pecs have a much leaner shape to them .. I mean, they ought to by now, I've lost 10 lbs in 2.5 weeks here.. - taking NO thermogenics, but for the past two weeks, I've had HOT SALSA and jalapenos next to every frikking chicken and rice meal...... I'll blame that ! lol.. All I'm saying is that I don't think i had 10 lbs of water on me when I started, I sure as hell didn't look it, so I won't attribute that to the H-drol/M-drol entirely.

But I'm still as big and vascular lookin as before in the gym, so I'm not worried about muscle loss. Skin is obviously tightening up from top to bottom, and I'm seeing striations on the lower/outer quad area when I flex them. My arms are filling out my polo shirts just like before, only any minor movement of the arm, and I can see the tricep, bicep or brachii tighten.. I'm LEAN to put it that way, and I'm getting the looks I'm wanting. BUT, I'll praise the ALA-increase along with my diet for that . . .

I'm @ 1,500mg ALA/day as well - pretty much prior to EVERY carb-meal. Also, sodium-intake is close to NON, so water doesnt stick on me. Haha.

That should be it for now... PEACE !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BTW....

To be fair, as far as results I'm seeing, I can't really.. well, attribute too much to the H-drol nor M-drol. Maybe I'm impatient, maybe my dosage is too low, I dunno .. But I'm not getting the kind of boost I was expecting.. I guess what I'm saying is that the LOOK I'm getting is something that I'd put more on my diet and supplementation other than the H-drol/M-drol.. That seems to only 'keep up my strength' while dieting. And I'm 'dieting'.. Carbs are not even ALL THAT LOW..

- ALSO.... NO BACK PUMPS ?! PERIOD !!! I think I'm the one person who's not experiencing this while on M-drol.. (not that I WANT those painful pumps, but 9 out of 10 people I read about who took M-drol suffered PAIIIIINFUL backpumps, and resorted to taurine on a daily basis....)

To be honest, I'm looking forward to getting off this, and doing my PCT, and then stick with Epistane/Havoc in the future.. If that.. I like the way I'm looking now, but I'm not feeling nor seeing too much of a difference since day one.. Could be the current cool weather that's ****in with my psyche, hell if I know. Or maybe I'm just getting comfortable standing at the bodyweight I'm at now.. ****, I'm ranting, i gotta shut up, I couldn't even sum up this little post if I tried..

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh.. I'll be adding Secretagogue (or however you spell it) by MHP as well as Insulean-R by Nutrabolics (k-r-ala product) starting this coming Monday. I heard good things about the Secretagogue, and found it at a reasonable price, so I'm hopin to enjoy some added GH benefits in my PCT.. Excited about the k-r-ala, too, wanting to compare it to the regular ALA I've been taking for 8 weeks now.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh.. I'll be adding Secretagogue (or however you spell it) by MHP as well as Insulean-R by Nutrabolics (k-r-ala product) starting this coming Monday. I heard good things about the Secretagogue, and found it at a reasonable price, so I'm hopin to enjoy some added GH benefits in my post cycle therapy.. Excited about the k-r-ala, too, wanting to compare it to the regular ALA I've been taking for 8 weeks now.
i always wondered about secretagogue. i'm guessing it's supposed to boost natural gh secretion a little bit. let us know how it goes!