Losing my effing mind on Anabolic Diet! Please HELP!

mattnoble

Awards
Hey everybody. I just wanted some feedback on my situation to see if it's normal or if I'm some kinda freak.

Here's my stats:

6' 2", 275 lbs, 32 years old

I've been chubby my whole life. Even as a very active kid who never liked candy and didn't overeat, I was fat. I've worked out off and on for 18 years, but consistently for the past 3. I began the Anabolic Diet 11 days ago, but I can't do 18kcal for every poiund of bodyweight. I'm not an overeater, but I put on muscle really quickly (go figure). I have been keeping my calories at about 3200 per day, and I only had a 30 hour carb feed on the weekend. An average day of eating looks like this:

Breakfast
-3 strips bacon
-4 eggs
-50 gr mozza

Lunch
-sausages
-parmesan
-asparagus
-olive oil/butter 1tbsp

Snack
-tin tuna in oil and mayo

Dinner
-Chicken breast
-Broccoli
-protein shake with 200ml heavy cream

To be honest, I hate eating this much, even on a training day. I started at 127kg, went down to 123kg the first week, did my carb feed and landed at 127kg. I'm on my fifth day with out carbs in my second week and I'm steady at 125, a net gain of 2 kg from the same time last week.

I'm really feeling like I'm coming unglued here. Is this normal? This diet seems to work for everybody who sticks with it. Am I a mutant, or what? If you have any advice/experiences please let me know. Thanks.

Oh, and I don't have calipers to see if it's fat gain, but my pants ain't gettin any looser, I assure you.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
you've gotta wait, bro. i've been on the diet for three weeks now. and it ain't easy. you've gotta stick it out and keep going. you'll hit your spot. i had to drop cals coming into this diet in the second week. i had already been on a lower cal diet, and dropping them has helped to keep fat loss going. i won't drop em again for a while. instead, i've this week incorporated some cardio. next week's will be a bit more intensive. and then from there, i'll drop a few more cals. and so on. tell us your training/cardio. and also, it might serve you well to break up them meals a bit more. have six small meals instead of four large ones (it won't help with phenomenal fat loss, it's just better for you that way).

i am of the opinion that people who have been holding fat for a good amount of time will find it hard to lose it. i've been holding about 15 lbs. too much for some time now. and i am having a HELL of a time losing it. but it will be lost this time. that, i can guarantee. you just have to say the same to yourself.

*tip-----DO NOT look in the mirror. ONLY think about moving weight in the gym.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
and also, direct your concerns to the CK/AD Mega Thread should this post you made get overlooked.

Botch is the man to ask.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Try this: What is The Primal Blueprint? | Mark's Daily Apple

At 275lbs, even if you're fat, that's still too little food, most people are half idiotic when they say "feed your lean tissue not your fat" well, you also burn more calories because you have to move around all that extra weight.

Have a 180lb guy with 8% bf put on a 95lb weight vest 24/7 and see how much more he burns.

Last night in 1 hour, I ate 4 scoops of whey protein with 1 stick of melted butter and 8 eggs with 6 sausages cooked with 1/2 stick of butter oh and 2 country style pork ribs(boneless, high fat)

I haven't eaten anything since, in 6 hours that'll be 24 hours without food, that goes against "conventional wisdom" f*ck conventional wisdom, this worked for me in the past, I went back to 187lbs, more muscle and WAYYY less fat, why I changed it...I can't tell ya, but I'm paying for it now, I hate being over 10%.

Really high fat 70-80% in the diet without structured meals has been the best method for me, the only problem was the cost of high fat beef/pork but I'm finding ways around that and ofcourse, butter.

I tried CKD for one month, didn't lose any fat, no changes in body composition fat wise, muscle wise, I did gain a bit, but that's normal in my case, I took 2 weeks off and came back hard.

Again, your diet seems to be low in calories, low in fat(by my standards not FDNA standards) and refeeds seemed to hinder me, not help me.

Check that link, it'll help you.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Personally I don't think i've been eating as much fat as I "should" be, but I am retaining (even gaining strength) muscle and losing weight at a nice steady rate. Cheese, eggs, sausage, guacamole... and animal fat are my sources that I can think of.

Oh but my meals are fairly frequent. Maybe that will help, but it seems that I've been doing great without over indulging in too much fat.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Hey everybody. I just wanted some feedback on my situation to see if it's normal or if I'm some kinda freak.

Here's my stats:

I've been chubby my whole life. Even as a very active kid who never liked candy and didn't overeat, I was fat. I've worked out off and on for 18 years, but consistently for the past 3. I began the Anabolic Diet 11 days ago, but I can't do 18kcal for every poiund of bodyweight. I'm not an overeater, but I put on muscle really quickly (go figure). I have been keeping my calories at about 3200 per day, and I only had a 30 hour carb feed on the weekend. An average day of eating looks like this:

Breakfast
-3 strips bacon
-4 eggs
-50 gr mozza

Lunch
-sausages
-parmesan
-asparagus
-olive oil/butter 1tbsp

Snack

Dinner
-Chicken breast
-Broccoli

To be honest, I hate eating this much, even on a training day. I started at 127kg, went down to 123kg the first week, did my carb feed and landed at 127kg. I'm on my fifth day with out carbs in my second week and I'm steady at 125, a net gain of 2 kg from the same time last week.

I'm really feeling like I'm coming unglued here. Is this normal? This diet seems to work for everybody who sticks with it. Am I a mutant, or what? If you have any advice/experiences please let me know. Thanks.

Oh, and I don't have calipers to see if it's fat gain, but my pants ain't gettin any looser, I assure you.

That isn't anywhere near the amount of calories you should be eating. Someone 170 pounds maybe, 275? You should be loosing your ****ing mind.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
That isn't anywhere near the amount of calories you should be eating. Someone 170 pounds maybe, 275? You should be loosing your ****ing mind.
Oh oops! Yeah i'm in the 170 ballpark, you (OP) should consider eating more and more frequently.

mattnoble

Awards
I knew I'd get $h!t for not eating enough. I can't help it. I stop eating when I'm full. If I ate more, I think I'd puke. But I have to ask, how could I gain muscle easily if I'm not getting enough calories? I eat less calories than that when not on the AD, and my muscles don't get smaller. In fact they increase.

And if I am to understand the gist of what some people are suggesting, it is that I may be overweight because I eat too little, (yet I still maintain a sizeable amount of muscle?).

To clarify, I'm hearing "eat more" but would someone kindly lay out the science behind that? I mean, If I've gained weight over the past two weeks, how can my cals be under?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
To clarify, I'm hearing "eat more" but would someone kindly lay out the science behind that? I mean, If I've gained weight over the past two weeks, how can my cals be under?

you body will start hoarding food if you dont eat enough. Eventually you will lose weight, but you will also sacrifice muscle.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
There are those of us that don't fit into the "more calories" model. I know that I can never lose weight when taking in as much as most people suggest...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I stop eating when I'm full
So how are you losing your mind? If you're full, what's the problem?

If I ate more, I think I'd puke. But I have to ask, how could I gain muscle easily if I'm not getting enough calories? I eat less calories than that when not on the AD, and my muscles don't get smaller. In fact they increase.
Placebo. Not really possible as far as I know.

And if I am to understand the gist of what some people are suggesting, it is that I may be overweight because I eat too little.
Exactly

Because your body isn't getting enough food it stops using the calories for energy and begins storing them as fat because you aren't giving it enough to function properly. This is why you'll feel like crap, lethargic and gain weight if you don't eat enough. This can be heightened if you eat **** food, which I'm suspecting you do.

mattnoble

Awards
Quote:
I stop eating when I'm full

So how are you losing your mind? If you're full, what's the problem?
I guess I wasn't clear. I gained 2kg in a week and it appears to be fat. For an overweight person who is trying to be diligent on a diet, this sucks.

If I ate more, I think I'd puke. But I have to ask, how could I gain muscle easily if I'm not getting enough calories? I eat less calories than that when not on the AD, and my muscles don't get smaller. In fact they increase.

Placebo. Not really possible as far as I know.
Maybe I wasn't clear. I eat less calories when not on the AD, and I still manage to gain muscle. The logic to me is that if I'm not eating enough, I couldn't gain muscle, right? I'd at least get catabolic if I didn't eat enough, and I'd lose muscle. I would have noticed the weight loss on the scale if not in the mirror, right?

And if I am to understand the gist of what some people are suggesting, it is that I may be overweight because I eat too little.

Exactly
Ok, I used to take in about 2600kcal a day before the AD. Which you say is too little, yet I still gained muscle. Now I've upped my kcal but my belt is getting tighter, I look fatter, and I've gone up 2kg.

By this logic, I'm fat because I don't eat enough. So why am I eating more and getting fatter?

This is why you'll feel like crap, lethargic and gain weight if you don't eat enough. This can be heightened if you eat **** food, which I'm suspecting you do.
While I appreciate your advice, I think this was offside and more than a bit presumptuous. I never said anything about feeling sluggish or tired, nor did I make any inference AT ALL about my pre-AD diet. I asked for help from the members here, but if I needed to be judged for being overweight, I could just step outside.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You didn't gain muscle eating 2600 calories at your weight, sorry. Only way that is possible is if you're some genetic freak, anomaly, or on steroids. You seem to have a grasp on what to do though, since you're disregarding advice. By the way, I wasn't judging you. You're over weight and that lends itself to poor dieting, just the facts. I meant nothing about you or your character; not sure how you interpreted my advice. Best of luck.

Kalakbar

Awards

Here's my stats:

Breakfast
-3 strips bacon
-4 eggs
-50 gr mozza

Lunch
-sausages
-parmesan
-asparagus
-olive oil/butter 1tbsp

Snack

Dinner
-Chicken breast
-Broccoli

Hi there :eek: I'm in a really similar situation to you, being 6'1, 280ish, and also an endomorph on the Anabolic diet. I'm in the middle of week 3 (carbing up tomorrow night! :) ), and I totally get where you're coming from. I had *really* similar experiences in the first two weeks. I started at 284. After 4 days I was at 278, and then did the Friday night carb up. I jumped up to 288.5 that night, with eating *maybe* 4000 calories total, including the weekly high carb cheat meal.

Using my massive brain powers of math, the weight gained was *not* fat, since I was about 29,000 calories short of the 33,000 calories needed for my body to store 10 lbs of fat. It's glycogen being put into the starved muscles. I was 291.5 going out of the carb up, and that time next week, I was at 278 again. Great thing was that my strength was climbing again, finally breaking past this stupid plateau I've been on with my chest program on the Bowflex.

As of writing I'm at 278.5, with another 24 hours before my carb up weekend comes around. I made better progress last week, when I bumped my calories up from 2800 to 3300, as Rugger suggested in another thread. I know it seems counter intuitive, I also had the same doubt since I don't *really* want to be feeling the non-so-lean body mass, but it works, since our brick shithouse of a body type burns more calories for simple things than ecto/mesos do.

Just keep at it, bro! I feel your pain being an endo though, I tend to get the knee jerk reaction of "WTF" when the scale goes up on a fairly strict "diet," but that's just how the anabolic diet is with the carb ups. It takes your body about 4 weeks to adjust to it, I'm told, so keep the head down, eat a bit more, and if you're feeling truly guilty, do some low intensity cardio in the morning before your first meal.

Regards,
Matt.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me preface this with - I mean no offense.

Obese people need not make things so difficult with these extremely technical diets. Additionally you do not need refeeds when you are at 20%+ and beyond bodyfat. A lifestyle is what is needed.

Endos with slow metabolisms need to be eating meat, fish, poultry, eggs and vegetables. Period. With the exception being a very high fiber cereal like Fiber One with some skim milk. Of course some other low GI things like oats and wheats and grains are acceptable when you are a having more success later on.

Here is an example I would recommend and do use myself when I diet.

Here is a suggestion for a diet:

Breakfast:
6-8 egg whites (1-2 yolks)
1 cup (2 servings) Fiber One cereal
1/2 cups skim
2 fish oil

Meal 1 (brunch):
1 can tuna in water (or half can Kirkland chicken)
1 tblsp EVOO
1/2 bag (8 oz) frozen broc/cual
2 f/o caps

Meal 2 (lunch): Repeat Meal 1

Meal 3 (late lunch): Repeat Meal 1

Meal 4 (dinner): Repeat Meal 1

Meal 5 (1 hour before bed):
35g protein blend
2-3 Tablespoon psylium husk

Costco Business Delivery - Kirkland Signature Chicken Breast 6/12.5 oz

Mine was not chicken or eggs and no fish oil or EVOO. Mine was 6 servings of tuna per day and vegetables....period. No weights, no fancy refeeds. Body weight workouts and hours and hours of walking.

When you are fat like that you really don't need to worrying about retaining LBM and or refeeds. You are obese and you health is at serious risk. Get a fit life and lifestyle then get into body building.

As far as calories go, BMI and BMR calculators are junk. Eat those meals as many times a day as you need to. As long as you are losing 2lbs a week you are fine. Fat guys can lose more, even as much as 3lbs a week.

Again, worrying about losing muscle is not your concern. Unless you have invested years of training and discipline into growing lean body mass you really have nothing to lose.

If you want to set a target for calories shoot for 10x bw for calories. Keeps it simple.

Anyway...keep it simple, give it time. I went from 235+ to 170 in 8 months on the diet I was on. That equates to 2lbs/week.

mattnoble

Awards
Alright, I'd like to say thanks to everyone for their help. And thanks for being a gentleman Rugger (really). I've decided to pooch the Anabolic Diet. I'm not a quitter because I can't handle the discipline or the parameters of the diet. I can't handle the fat gain. I would have begun my carb up today almost 3kg heavier than the same time last week. Screw it. People will tell me I need more calories and that people's metabolisms are all the same. I don't buy it. We all have at least one friend who eats and eats and eats anyting he wants but never gains an ounce of fat. I'm the fat friend with the salad and three chins who's feelin' pretty sorry for himself right about now:whiner:

Anyways, thanks all for your time and advice. If I have heaps of success, I'll post it.

Kalakbar

Awards
Let me preface this with - I mean no offense.

Obese people need not make things so difficult with these extremely technical diets. Additionally you do not need refeeds when you are at 20%+ and beyond bodyfat. A lifestyle is what is needed.
So you're implying that since someone has higher than 20% bodyfat, their body will magically be able to process bodyfat into glycogen for their muscles?

Endos with slow metabolisms need to be eating meat, fish, poultry, eggs and vegetables. Period. With the exception being a very high fiber cereal like Fiber One with some skim milk. Of course some other low GI things like oats and wheats and grains are acceptable when you are a having more success later on.

Here is an example I would recommend and do use myself when I diet.

Here is a suggestion for a diet:

Breakfast:
6-8 egg whites (1-2 yolks)
1 cup (2 servings) Fiber One cereal
1/2 cups skim
2 fish oil

Meal 1 (brunch):
1 can tuna in water (or half can Kirkland chicken)
1 tblsp EVOO
1/2 bag (8 oz) frozen broc/cual
2 f/o caps

Meal 2 (lunch): Repeat Meal 1

Meal 3 (late lunch): Repeat Meal 1

Meal 4 (dinner): Repeat Meal 1

Meal 5 (1 hour before bed):
35g protein blend
2-3 Tablespoon psylium husk
That looks to be really low in calories. I'm fairly certain that will trigger starvation mode, for 275 lbs of person. At 235, that could have been fine, though. Low carb is a really good lifestyle for endomorphs, but without having a modest fat content, you will not be getting enough calories to avoid starvation mode, which slows your metabolism further and starts eating your muscle (which you do have, even if you can't see a six pack)

Costco Business Delivery - Kirkland Signature Chicken Breast 6/12.5 oz

Mine was not chicken or eggs and no fish oil or EVOO. Mine was 6 servings of tuna per day and vegetables....period. No weights, no fancy refeeds. Body weight workouts and hours and hours of walking.

When you are fat like that you really don't need to worrying about retaining LBM and or refeeds. You are obese and you health is at serious risk. Get a fit life and lifestyle then get into body building.

As far as calories go, BMI and BMR calculators are junk. Eat those meals as many times a day as you need to. As long as you are losing 2lbs a week you are fine. Fat guys can lose more, even as much as 3lbs a week.

Again, worrying about losing muscle is not your concern. Unless you have invested years of training and discipline into growing lean body mass you really have nothing to lose.
My own personal experience says that this is not the case. When I was almost 400 lbs, I was able to do some ok numbers in the gym. I didn't work out a lot, but I was able to bench about 200 lbs, with curling around 35 per arm for most bicep exercises. Currently at 280ish, I can bench 330 on the decline, and curl 55 per arm.

I did a weight loss program similar to what you're suggesting. Low calorie, low carb, low fat. Mostly ate protein and vegetables. I lost over 150 lbs, and got down to 200 lbs. But when I was 200 lbs, I still had the same body fat percentage of 36% (25% at 280 currently, btw). I had lost a stupid amount of fat, true, but I had also lost most of my muscle. Went to the gym when I was 200, and I had trouble bench pressing 60 lbs. 60! That's less than a lot of girls in high school!

Sticking with a lifestyle choice *will* help out. It does take longer for endomorphs to lose bodyfat than the other somatypes, but this does not mean you need to dramatically drop calories. Just keep at it, keep weight training, and you'll get there.

Regards,
Matt.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'd like to say thanks to everyone for their help. And thanks for being a gentleman Rugger (really). I've decided to pooch the Anabolic Diet. I'm not a quitter because I can't handle the discipline or the parameters of the diet. I can't handle the fat gain. I would have begun my carb up today almost 3kg heavier than the same time last week. Screw it. People will tell me I need more calories and that people's metabolisms are all the same. I don't buy it. We all have at least one friend who eats and eats and eats anyting he wants but never gains an ounce of fat. I'm the fat friend with the salad and three chins who's feelin' pretty sorry for himself right about now:whiner:

Anyways, thanks all for your time and advice. If I have heaps of success, I'll post it.
Bro, since you're not having success anyway, try my advice.

80% fat, 20% protein.

I have not met a person who hasn't lost on it.

No meal times, no nothing, just fat and protein.

You cannot overeat on an 80% fat diet, the fat is too satiating and your body will drop your own bf like a hot potato.

Re-read my post and consider it, if nothing else has worked, this will.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Noble, check your PMs brudda. We got some work to do.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're implying that since someone has higher than 20% bodyfat, their body will magically be able to process bodyfat into glycogen for their muscles?
No, they process protein into glycogen if and when needed.
That looks to be really low in calories. I'm fairly certain that will trigger starvation mode, for 275 lbs of person. At 235, that could have been fine, though. Low carb is a really good lifestyle for endomorphs, but without having a modest fat content, you will not be getting enough calories to avoid starvation mode, which slows your metabolism further and starts eating your muscle (which you do have, even if you can't see a six pack)
I did state to add/repeat meals as needed.
My own personal experience says that this is not the case. When I was almost 400 lbs, I was able to do some ok numbers in the gym. I didn't work out a lot, but I was able to bench about 200 lbs, with curling around 35 per arm for most bicep exercises. Currently at 280ish, I can bench 330 on the decline, and curl 55 per arm.

I did a weight loss program similar to what you're suggesting. Low calorie, low carb, low fat. Mostly ate protein and vegetables. I lost over 150 lbs, and got down to 200 lbs. But when I was 200 lbs, I still had the same body fat percentage of 36% (25% at 280 currently, btw). I had lost a stupid amount of fat, true, but I had also lost most of my muscle. Went to the gym when I was 200, and I had trouble bench pressing 60 lbs. 60! That's less than a lot of girls in high school!
Like I mentioned I used no weight and only did body weight workout - push ups, pull ups, tricep push ups, bicep pull ups, etc. The KEY was the 10 to 15 or more miles a day of static, medium/moderate intensity walking cardio. I walked for 4 to 6 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week for 6 to 8 months.

I mean no disrespect, but I see fat guys in the gym every day who are 275lb to 300lbs or more bouncing a whole lot of weight. Fat guys can bounce a whole lot of weight.

When I started my program I could only do for example:

Pull ups ≤ 1
Push-ups - Set 1: 5, Set 2: 2-3, Set 3: 0-1

When I was done:

Pull up ≥ 10
Push-ups - 50-60 all day long

Like I said the KEY to my weight loss was walking. Walk a 1/4 mile lap - drop and do push ups to failure. Walk another lap - drop and push up until failure - repeat for 2-3 hours. Later in the day - walk a lap - pull ups to failure - walk a lap - pull up to failure - repeat for 2-3 hours. Day two, repeat, day three repeat....
Sticking with a lifestyle choice *will* help out. It does take longer for endomorphs to lose bodyfat than the other somatypes, but this does not mean you need to dramatically drop calories. Just keep at it, keep weight training, and you'll get there.

Regards,
Matt.
There is no NEED to drop calories drastically if your body cannot handle it. Some endomorphs can handle it and do NOT get as catabolic as they or some would speculate they do. Protein is pretty anti catabolic when consumed in sufficient quantities...it does undergo glycogenesis when required.

Steady, static medium/moderate intensity cardio...cardio...did I mention cardio.

In that first pictures at 235lbs+ my bicep was 15.75" and my pant size was 44". The after results of my diet at 168-170lbs my biceps was 15.75" and my pant size was ≤32"...it can happen :D

(those pictures are about 4 to 6 months back into weight training)

EDIT: note that the diet I outlined is mod/high in protein (36g x 5-6 a day = ~215g), moderate fat (17g x 4-5 a day = ~85g) low carbohydrate (~50g fibrous carbs).

Kalakbar

Awards

Like I mentioned I used no weight and only did body weight workout - push ups, pull ups, tricep push ups, bicep pull ups, etc. The KEY was the 10 to 15 or more a day of static, medium/moderate intenesity walking cardio. I walked for 4 to 6 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week for 6 to 8 months.

I mean no disrespect, but I see fat guys in the gym every day who are 275lb to 300lbs or more bouncing a whole lot of weight. Fat guys can bounce a whole lot of weight.
I can and do still see that am the gym, but I was doing controlled reps, not bouncing. I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but the whole "no muscle to lose" turned out to be a very bad myth in my case. I sustained about 4 lbs a week of weight loss for a very long time, and as a result had to have a very painful operation to remove the extra skin (at one point, I was able to stretch the extra skin from my stomach almost a foot away from me. Gah!).

When I started my program I could only do for example:

Pull ups ≤ 1
Push-ups - Set 1: 5, Set 2: 2-3, Set 3: 0-1

When I was done:

Pull up ≥ 10
Push-ups - 50-60 all day long

Like I said the KEY to my weight loss was walking. Walk a 1/4 mile lap - drop and do push ups to failure. Walk another lap - drop and push up until failure - repeat for 2-3 hours. Later in the day - walk a lap - pull ups to failure - walk a lap - pull up to failure - repeat for 2-3 hours. Day two, repeat, day three repeat.... There is no NEED to drop calories drastically if your body cannot handle it. Some endomorphs can handle it and do NOT get as catabolic as they or some would speculate they do. Protein is pretty anti catabolic when consumed in sufficient quantities...it does undergo glycogenesis when required.

Steady, static medium/moderate intensity cardio...cardio...did I mention cardio.

In that first pictures at 235lbs+ my bicep was 15.75" and my pant size was 44". The after results of my diet at 168-170lbs my biceps was 15.75" and my pant size was ≤32"...it can happen :D

(those pictures are about 4 to 6 months back into weight training)

EDIT: note that the diet I outlined is mod/high in protein (36g x 5-6 a day = ~215g), moderate fat (17g x 4-5 a day = ~85g) low carbohydrate (~50g fibrous carbs).
For some people that works really well. For myself, I have had much better results with weight training and HIIT, with a diet that incorporates high protein and high fat instead of carbs. In the past six months, I've lost 20 lbs, went from a bodyfat reading of 36% to 25%, and lost a foot off my waist, in addition to going up to 18 inch bicep and being able to actually see definition with my shirt off.

Obviously, your method has worked great for you (props, btw), but that does not mean that it is the only method that gets results.

Regards,
Matt.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you are missing my points.

4lbs a week is not a good idea. I would not suggest that to anyone. I did not suggest starvation and reitterated that. Your muscle loss is indicative what can happen.

My point about my workout (at that time) is that it is not required that one undertake some elaborate weight training program to lose weight. Meaning it can be done simply with basic activities. Cirrcumstances beyond my control at that time limited me to that routine.

Of course having a gym and weights will make it easier. I do not use that method these days as I do have muscle to lose just like yourself.

My entire point is that for obese people it is not rocket science. Neither the diets nor the training need to be. At the end of the day it is energy in energy out that produces a defecit.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how long was that transf.
The after pictures are about 6 months into weight training again.

Anyway...keep it simple, give it time. I went from 235+ to 170 in 8 months on the diet I was on. That equates to 2lbs/week.

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
You didn't give the diet a real chance. You should go two weeks before your first carb up to adjust. You also dont cut right off the bat, your first 4 weeks is your maintenance phase which gives your body time to adjust and for you to determine maintenance caloric intake. B5150 is right and you don't NEED to follow any fancy diet. I just find this one amazing because it seems to boost strength and thats what kills me and discourages me when I cut. I don't know your history though and if your new to weight training/ bodybuilding then I'm sure you'll see positive composition changes with any good diet. Best of luck to you.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
B, good freakin' job on the transformation! You have the heart of a lion.