Losing weight first year of fatherhood.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey guys new father here to a beautiful baby girl. She's now 8 months and it has been by far the best 8 months of my life. She's the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

Curious though to any fathers out there. Did you notice a decline in your gains the first year. I'm 5'10 215 to 220lbs lean usually. Just went to the Dr and weighed myself and was 207lbs. Definitely hurts the ego. I knew I lost a bit of mass but not that much.

I'm a firefighter so work usually two 48s and then throw in overtime I've usually only been able to hit the gym 4 times a week. Def not been able to eat as many calories as I'm full time on baby duty when I get out of work while the wife works. I've also stopped steroids besides trt and was also crushing at 180 mgs to 200 mgs and now only at 150 mgs.

Anyone been in a similar boat? This is the smallest I've been since college haha.

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Same scenario my friend. I have a daughter who is now 14, I am also a FF in a large city in the northeast…. Lost a ton of weight the first year-year and a half of her life. I also cut out everything except Androgel which was Dr. prescription. There is anecdotal information that a man’s hormones tank/regulate in response to having a child. I find thi to be true especially if you are the one doing most of the care as was my case….

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I look back at pictures and think damn I look like death, everything regulated later when she went to pre-K….it was as if my body rebounded shortly after

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Same scenario my friend. I have a daughter who is now 14, I am also a FF in a large city in the northeast…. Lost a ton of weight the first year-year and a half of her life. I also cut out everything except Androgel which was Dr. prescription. There is anecdotal information that a man’s hormones tank/regulate in response to having a child. I find thi to be true especially if you are the one doing most of the care as was my case….
Thanks man. Up in the northeast as well. Worried the weight loss could be a sign of something more serious as well. Been having some loose stool and digestive issues so obviously my main thought is I could have cancer haha. Hopefully it's just from not being able to train as much and not eating enough though.

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I had digestive issues as well, check your diet first. I am lactose intolerant which is one proble….I was also over eating vegetables with dinner, this gave me bloating loose stool etc. I cut that back and the changes were drastic

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I had digestive issues as well, check your diet first. I am lactose intolerant which is one proble….I was also over eating vegetables with dinner, this gave me bloating loose stool etc. I cut that back and the changes were drastic
Thanks man appreciate it. Little TMI here but feel like occasionally my poo is oily. And when I wipe it's usually yellow brown which seems to mean you don't absorb fats which could cause malabsorption? Any knowledge on that stuff?

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Had that issue as well… this would be after eating fried/greasy food… in my opinion as you get older (after age 40) your body can’t digest or break down large amounts of fatty oily food. When my wife makes fried/ breaded chicken cutlets I can feel my digestive system taking a beating. Again this is all my experience

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I can see older guys in the Firehouse not eating the volume of food they used to eat as they grow older. Watch the 50+ guys cut a ribeye in half and “save” the other half, getting digestive problems when older is very common

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I can see older guys in the Firehouse not eating the volume of food they used to eat as they grow older. Watch the 50+ guys cut a ribeye in half and “save” the other half, getting digestive problems when older is very common
Hahah very true!