Looking full and dry

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Say one had a beach day on a Saturday, and wanted to look their best, (full muscles and minimal subcutaneous water) I understand that water intake the week prior should be high, carbs should be kept low and most people carb up on Thursday to fill out for Saturday. My question is, what does the diet look like on Friday? Carbs? Water? Sodium?

And Saturday? Carbs? Water? Sodium?

I've tried a few things, read conflicting stories... What's your personal experience?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed!

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I feel as though when I carb cycle, 50-100g for 4 or 5 days, then on the sixth day i carb up to 200-250... my skin is way tighter and I look way leaner. Could all be in my head but it's been this way for years for me.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I know sodium manipulation lays a big role too

Newth

Awards
Carb's, potassium and creatine will help in muscle size while lowering sodium will help to look lean.
I was more about bulk but this was the basic's.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Something new to me and I need to do much more reading on this. But wouldn't cutting sodium too low dehydrate muscles as well and therefore decrease fullness?

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
This is just my personal experience, and I'm not sure how far away your Saturday is, but if I want to look my best at an event/beach or know I am going to be photographed a lot, I do the following; Very low carb for 10-14 days, enough to get into ketosis and run out most of your muscular glycogen stores, normal water and sodium intake (I try and get a healthy amount of sodium because along with creatine it helps my strength when I'm low carb). 3 days before, start taking oral winny, along with carbing up, if you handle carbs well you will fill the f*** out very fast, because of compensation from the depletion and additional glycogen storage from the androgen. Keep drinking water and getting normal amounts of sodium.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Say one had a beach day on a Saturday, and wanted to look their best, (full muscles and minimal subcutaneous water) I understand that water intake the week prior should be high, carbs should be kept low and most people carb up on Thursday to fill out for Saturday. My question is, what does the diet look like on Friday? Carbs? Water? Sodium?

And Saturday? Carbs? Water? Sodium?

I've tried a few things, read conflicting stories... What's your personal experience?
I think carb cycling would help. You may want to look at what a bodybuilder does for a contest. Remember, a contest is only for a day, so I would think the same rules would apply to one for a photoshoot or a day at the beach.

Also, you could try Preparation H on the areas you want to dry out. If you search it on Google, you can find results of this on another forum. I cannot link it otherwise I would.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah, I think you rub prep H gel all over your stomach and love handles and apply saran wrap before bed the night before. Supposedly works lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've tinkered around with sodium (extremely high and low) and really never saw much from it outside of terrible diarrhea ha... I take in a lot on a nnormal basis but when I truly "load" it tears my guts up... that said, I certainly clear out EVERYTHING and it def does lean me up a tad and ensure I drop all water...

Carbs, for me, are 99% of the picture. you have to really play with different sources and timing though as I've had great and awful results depending on certain foods... when you're in single digit bf%'s, it makes a big difference between "full, hard, dry" and just "full but soft"

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
What about that Nova or Brite? Do those work?

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I've tinkered around with sodium (extremely high and low) and really never saw much from it outside of terrible diarrhea ha... I take in a lot on a nnormal basis but when I truly "load" it tears my guts up... that said, I certainly clear out EVERYTHING and it def does lean me up a tad and ensure I drop all water...

Carbs, for me, are 99% of the picture. you have to really play with different sources and timing though as I've had great and awful results depending on certain foods... when you're in single digit bf%'s, it makes a big difference between "full, hard, dry" and just "full but soft"
I agree for sure...when I carb up, I look way leaner. Maybe its bc the muscles are pumped, but my skin feels tighter, almost like when I wake up in the AM. I'd estimate I'm at 12-13% and I definitely have a squishy piece of skin on my lower abs. Sucks, cant drop it no matter what.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Swim vigorously in the cool ocean and when you emerge you'll look full and tight. Once you've warmed up, repeat.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You do not need that much carbs at all. Carbs will make you filler and high fat will make you less bloated. I think 150gr of carbs is decent and Saturday I kinda eat whatever and it works.

The reason bodybuilders nowadays eat so much carbs is because the things they take. Old school body builders had high fat high protein and almost no carbs and not the access to growth hormone tren and insulin to name a few.

Going low carb is sometimes harder to deal with than keto with extremely low to almost non existent carb intake. Carbs are good just don't eat more than you have too and let the energy come from fat and see how that goes for you.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
SO what would the ideal beach diet look like if staying for 3-4 days. Probably lots of water, low sodium and low carbs i'd assume. What about fat? Trying to get ideas for foods to pack in the ice chest to munch on while at the beach..

Probably be on a miller lite diet for a couple days though lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting article and all answers all questions
I love when they have those round table articles with all the different points of view. It is amazing to see how everyone responds differently.