Kratom Becoming Schedule 1?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
What I don't understand is how SNS gets away with selling Phenibut XT, but I guess you got a NDI on that huh?

Don't get me wrong, Phenibut should be legal to sell (at least without intent) but it doesn't exactly grow on trees you know! :eek: In fact I'd wager it's far easier to OD on Phenibut than Kratom, and if either of the two should require an NDI, well... it ain't Kratom. But that's neither here nor there.

What concerns me is that here you are with the rest of the SNS boyz, jumping in on the free bum rush against some obscure botanical life form, but you're either being insincere or you just don't know any better. I honestly don't care either way because that's your business, friend, but I'd be more careful throwing stones in a glass house. Ya never know when you'll be on the wrong end of that karmic boomerang.

The bottom line is that no company can hope to survive if the industry doesn't stand together on stuff like this.
Let me clear some stuff up cause this thread for some reason has gotten incredibly personal.

1.) I'm not for Kratom being scheduled at all. I'm on the other side of things, where my personal opinion is that there needs to be more personal responsibility on the consumer to do research on ingredients. Kratom getting scheduled I is about as accurate as Marijuana being Schedule I.

2.) I'm not the one saying it needs an NDI. The FDA is saying it needs an NDI, and that's all I was saying. So far, the FDA hasn't said an NDI is needed for Phenibut. When that day comes, I imagine we will no longer sell it. See the text below straight from the FDA letter. They're claiming it needs an NDI, so again not sure why you think I'm the one stating that it needs an NDI. I'm quoting the FDA.

"Kratom is a botanical that qualifies as a dietary ingredient under section 201(ff)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) [21 U.S.C. 321(ff)(1)]. When marketed as a dietary ingredient, FDA also considers kratom to be a new dietary ingredient under section 413(d) of the Act [21 U.S.C. 350b(d)] because, to the best of the agency's knowledge, there is no information demonstrating that this substance was marketed as a dietary ingredient in the United States before October 15, 1994. "

3.) Phenibut is in no way, shape or form a replacement for Kratom. You develop tolerance quickly to Phenibut and I always strongly suggest to limit use of Phenibut to small doses a few times a week. I know Amazon and EBay last I checked don't allow listings for Phenibut. It might be next on the list, but I don't think the market is large enough for the FDA to target just yet. However, when it does that'll be ****ty but we will have to dc the product.

I'm not sure why you're upset at me, or making off-hand comments about stones in glass houses. If you recall, over the years we also lost a ton of products from the CEL line as the FDA made sweeping changes.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
How about everyone stops being sh!theads. Everyone has their own personal views. You might as well be debating religion at this point cause its getting nowhere.

F^cking ridiculous.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
I don't think it should be schedule 1.

I also don't think it's being legitimately marketed as is.

These are not mutually exclusive beliefs.

Why has no raw material supplier come out with a standardized proprietary kratom extract standardized for some fixed % of actives in the past 30 years?

Why are 90% of the people selling it going through the same shady 'not for human consumption' route?

If 'the industry' would play by the rules up front and do their due diligence then less ingredients would get pulled from the market.

--

As for Phenibut, it was sold for human consumption on the us supplement market pre-1994. Any other thinly veiled accusations you want to point our way?
Then if Phenibut qualifies as a supplement, by your own criteria so does Kratom. It was in the marketplace before '94 too.

Also, I didn't make any accusation. I'm not the passive aggressive type, so if I was gonna make an accusation believe me you'd know it.

And if you hack me again, it's gonna be on.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then if Phenibut qualifies as a supplement, by your own criteria so does Kratom. It was in the marketplace before '94 too.

Also, I didn't make any accusation. I'm not the passive aggressive type, so if I was gonna make an accusation believe me you'd know it.

And if you hack me again, it's gonna be on.
You've run your mouth quite enough, thanks! Your idle threats are also unacceptable as well. Check yourself before someone does it for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.