MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was gonna say the same thing. I know he intended for us to notice his abs, serratus and obliques........but dang, that back looks lean and detailed in the mirror!!!:smileeek:
Great Minds Brother Thunder... Great Minds!
Damn you all look crazy! Motivation train is moving all aboard! haha
Thanks and yeah seeing any of my old pics make me motivated to lean up but I am trying to retain as much muscle as possible by doing it very slowly.
Thanks... yah I just noticed that when I posted it..

Chris this is from the old batch I am going to see if I improved this weekend. (Sunday), I know I am about a percentage leaner but hardness and dryness elude me right now, I hope the Ripped Freak helps.
Good deal can't wait to see them. Now may be the time to drop carbs a bit farther if water is becoming an issue. Maybe just go with 100 grams post workout and 25-30 grams other meals on workout days and 50, and 50 on your off days when doing only 2 meals. Then replace the other cals with fat or extra protein. I would go for healthy fats myself.

Damn guys that's my left side in the mirror!!
I don't think you have a weak side any longer.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Wow great pictures guys

Also great job on the jump rope, I'm leary of the jump rope, though I'll incorporate it for 1 minute at a time. While I got used to it coordination wise I had some gooseggs on my shins and once almost pulled a toenail off from jump roping in socks at the gym :/ (quite embarrassing thank u) Weird cause I was really good at double jump ropes when I was a kid lol
Props on the swimming too, not many people incorporate that. I give it a try whenever we go to the beach.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 43673

Al this is the way that pose looks best I think....
Totally agree Doug, totally, I think that if you are lean, then that is always going to be the most impressive pose, I mean there are many different ways to do the side pose, but for the most part, the side pose is my favorite, which is why I was asking Chris to do a good up-to-date side pose!

Doug, you look Amazing Bro, if you don't get first at this upcoming show, then the Judges need to go back to Judging school or something, I mean WoW... DAMN Bro, your progress is AMAZING!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris... I think your pictures from pre-contest that you posted with that side pose I Love so much look much better/leaner than my side pose picture, or like you said at least 1% body fat leaner which at that level can make all the difference in the world!

Also, have you seen my last update on my "Hallow-Lean" thread? How do you want to gage whether I am truly leaner than 4.6% or not, just make a point to have my friend take a bunch of different pictures when I think I am leaner than I was for "Silver Surfer" or right before December 1st and allow everyone to vote whether they think I am leaner than those pictures I have from the gym the day before I did the "Silver Surfer" or actually go by the caliper measurements which I believe are way off and all over the place this time around, I am very displeased with the consistency of them this time around. Your Call Bro, you know I'm fair and if you want me to just take the Loss and do the Tutu Dance, I'll do it, I am at least gonna wait until I'm RIPPED, I might as well make it look good if I gotta do it, but I know you are equally fair, so what do you propose?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally agree Doug, totally, I think that if you are lean, then that is always going to be the most impressive pose, I mean there are many different ways to do the side pose, but for the most part, the side pose is my favorite, which is why I was asking Chris to do a good up-to-date side pose!

Doug, you look Amazing Bro, if you don't get first at this upcoming show, then the Judges need to go back to Judging school or something, I mean WoW... DAMN Bro, your progress is AMAZING!!!
Thanks, EPI-V was so intrumental, I am really missing it...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow great pictures guys

Also great job on the jump rope, I'm leary of the jump rope, though I'll incorporate it for 1 minute at a time. While I got used to it coordination wise I had some gooseggs on my shins and once almost pulled a toenail off from jump roping in socks at the gym :/ (quite embarrassing thank u) Weird cause I was really good at double jump ropes when I was a kid lol
Props on the swimming too, not many people incorporate that. I give it a try whenever we go to the beach.
Thanks! My instructor at my old MMA school told us the best way to learn to jump rope was to do it barefoot. He said you slap your self with the rope a few times and welt up you wont want to do it again. I was like Uhm NO! I get plenty frustrated and angry at myself for messing up I don't need pain as a negative feedback method too. I wear my wrestling shoes when I jump rope so I am close to barefoot as far as feeling goes but has more protection for the top of my foot than a sock. Doing it in socks, or barefoot with a leather speed rope, that just isn't going to happen for me until I am good enough without them, but even then not sure why I would.

Jumping Rope is really all timing based and having the right length of rope. As my timing improves I can jump longer at a time without messing up but I am not "there" yet. I do think I may jump rope for my warm ups intead of the elliptical though. That should help me get my timing down faster. Work until I can jump for the whole 5 minutes at a time.

Oh boy!! lol yah I'll see about the carbs...
I know I know lower the carbs, but whyyyyyyy must I! Water control... Will also make your carb refeeds more productive by being drier normally you can fill up your muscle more with glycogen before looking spilled over.

I will but now after seeing yours and Doug's I will have to KLEEN up the abs. Well dry out a bit anyway. So I will follow about the same advice I gave to Doug. Just replace the calories with other nutrients. I will do more along the lines of 100-150 and 200 on training days as I am just not in cut mode right now.

Chris... I think your pictures from pre-contest that you posted with that side pose I Love so much look much better/leaner than my side pose picture, or like you said at least 1% body fat leaner which at that level can make all the difference in the world!

Also, have you seen my last update on my "Hallow-Lean" thread? How do you want to gage whether I am truly leaner than 4.6% or not, just make a point to have my friend take a bunch of different pictures when I think I am leaner than I was for "Silver Surfer" or right before December 1st and allow everyone to vote whether they think I am leaner than those pictures I have from the gym the day before I did the "Silver Surfer" or actually go by the caliper measurements which I believe are way off and all over the place this time around, I am very displeased with the consistency of them this time around. Your Call Bro, you know I'm fair and if you want me to just take the Loss and do the Tutu Dance, I'll do it, I am at least gonna wait until I'm RIPPED, I might as well make it look good if I gotta do it, but I know you are equally fair, so what do you propose?
I took the last few days off from here pretty much and am making my rounds. I think we can either go with a picture comparison or you can go with a bf measurement type that you trust. Pics can be hard to tell especially if you are tanning now and were not then. You could always go to a college and get the hydrostatic test. ;) Actually I really want to do that one day. Any way you want to do it with pictures I say make sure you are lean enough to see a relatively obvious difference in the pics sound fair? Considering as we said that 1% can make a huge difference .5% can make a pretty darn noticeable difference if in a picture we should not have to debate it much. I will go check in there maybe repost this in there.

Thanks, EPI-V was so intrumental, I am really missing it...
Yeah that stuff looks amazing.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually my carbs were only high on wd's so one small adjustment to get those down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, I think it should make a difference. Especially if you are counting the 3 cups of frozen yogurt or is that a thing of the past now? I did something interesting this weekend. Normally we have a pint of ice cream on the weekend. I always wake up with more water on me, even my face swells. Now I know the dairy can make you hold some water but never really paid much attention to how much. Well instead of icecream I got sherbet this time. I woke up the next morning very full from the extra carbs but my face was not swollen and I was not carrying a ton of water. There may have been a few other changes during the day but really that was the only major difference I can single out was the lack of dairy with my source of carbs...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, I think it should make a difference. Especially if you are counting the 3 cups of frozen yogurt or is that a thing of the past now? I did something interesting this weekend. Normally we have a pint of ice cream on the weekend. I always wake up with more water on me, even my face swells. Now I know the dairy can make you hold some water but never really paid much attention to how much. Well instead of icecream I got sherbet this time. I woke up the next morning very full from the extra carbs but my face was not swollen and I was not carrying a ton of water. There may have been a few other changes during the day but really that was the only major difference I can single out was the lack of dairy with my source of carbs...
Dairy does have some pro-inflammatory properties. Good observation. I notice my face swells whenever I intake whey/casein protein or any type of dairy... even yogurt (where the fermentation process is said to remove the inflammatory enzymes). Good observation! Reps

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah the frozen yogurt will go soon enough. I will get rid of it for this shoot as well...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 17 Workout 7

I am going to make this a short post or try to. I am exhausted, I only got 3 hours sleep last night and then got up and went to the gym. I had a pretty good workout but the pace was slow and deliberate. We did not get to finish due to the extra rest and having a time line to honor since we needed to drop our dog off to be spayed before work. I am sitting here trying not to pass out as it is now.

Morning Supps upon waking, 2 EndoSurge, 1 Formadrol 1.5 scoops of Lit Up.
Even with 1.5 of Lit Up I was still dragging my back side around. Unfortunately Lit Up coud not light me up in this situation but it definitely got the job done. Some Mesomorph MAY have done the trick...

I forgot to bring my log book so many of these numbers will be from memory.

Bench Press - 135x8, 225x8, 236x8 > 185x8 > 135x8 added one lb to 2nd workset and increased reps on drops.

Spider Row or Supported TBar Row - 45x12, 90x12, 135x12 > 90x8 > 45x7 No reference first time doing this in this rotation. I forgot how much harder these are compared to Bent over rows or regular t-bar rows. Being supported takes the momentum out of it, the firing from the erectors and the pressure on the abdoment and diaghram really takes the wind out limiting oxygen.

DB Lateral Raises - 35x15, 35x13 > 22.5x8 > 15x5 - I started 5 lbs heavier than last week and stayed there second set I could not get any more in good form so I began my drops.

BB Curls - 100x8 > 70x3 Same but easier, and went up 10 lbs on the drop but got less reps.

Dips - BW+ 105x8 > BWx16 up 5 lbs impressed here since this is after flat bench since combining the two workouts.

Leg Press (plates per side) - 5p x20, 5p+25 x20, 6p x20 > 5p x10 > 4p x8 - Increased weight on 2nd and 3rd set from last few outings. Felt good and so far hip seems okay. No twinge in it from the weight increase so I think the ART is working. The high reps are working me nicely too.

Romanians - Unfortunately it was time to go so we did not get to do these. However that should make for a really nice Dead Lift day Saturday.

I am actually pretty confident that these numbers are dead on or extremely close. I know the wieghts are but reps on a drop set or two may be incorrect but I think I got it all accurate to be honest.

Now I am going to drink coffee and try not to fall asleep...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris way to push through the tired and get in a great workout. Thanks for keeping a detailed log, hopefully you are enjoying your EndoSurge run.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am going to make this a short post or try to. I am exhausted, I only got 3 hours sleep last night and then got up and went to the gym. I had a pretty good workout but the pace was slow and deliberate. We did not get to finish due to the extra rest and having a time line to honor since we needed to drop our dog off to be spayed before work. I am sitting here trying not to pass out as it is now.

Even with 1.5 of Lit Up I was still dragging my back side around. Unfortunately Lit Up coud not light me up in this situation but it definitely got the job done. Some Mesomorph MAY have done the trick...

Bench Press - 135x8, 225x8, 236x8 > 185x8 > 135x8 added one lb to 2nd workset and increased reps on drops.

Spider Row or Supported TBar Row - 45x12, 90x12, 135x12 > 90x8 > 45x7 No reference first time doing this in this rotation. I forgot how much harder these are compared to Bent over rows or regular t-bar rows. Being supported takes the momentum out of it, the firing from the erectors and the pressure on the abdoment and diaghram really takes the wind out limiting oxygen.

DB Lateral Raises - 35x15, 35x13 > 22.5x8 > 15x5 - I started 5 lbs heavier than last week and stayed there second set I could not get any more in good form so I began my drops.

BB Curls - 100x8 > 70x3 Same but easier, and went up 10 lbs on the drop but got less reps.

Dips - BW+ 105x8 > BWx16 up 5 lbs impressed here since this is after flat bench since combining the two workouts.

Leg Press (plates per side) - 5p x20, 5p+25 x20, 6p x20 > 5p x10 > 4p x8 - Increased weight on 2nd and 3rd set from last few outings. Felt good and so far hip seems okay. No twinge in it from the weight increase so I think the ART is working. The high reps are working me nicely too.

Romanians - Unfortunately it was time to go so we did not get to do these. However that should make for a really nice Dead Lift day Saturday.

I am actually pretty confident that these numbers are dead on or extremely close. I know the wieghts are but reps on a drop set or two may be incorrect but I think I got it all accurate to be honest.

Nice workout Bro... tell you what, if we ever get that chance to meet up in New Orleans, I want to work out with you at least twice... one day/workout we will do it your style and I'll let you KICK MY A$$, seriously I want you to pummel me in that gym, make me feel the pain! Then the next day will be my turn and I'll take you through one of my workouts and Give-ith back-ith the Pain-ith! How does that sound?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like insanity but fun also.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great log thus far brother!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks and thank you for letting me run with it!

I am thoroughly impressed with Endosurge so far. Strength gains are relatively constant, all the positives of higher testosterone and of course dreams have been more vivid. I do tend to take all of my doses on an empty stomach to taker as much advantage as possible of the full spectrum of the product by that I mean not only the test boosting the the L-Dopa causing a GH pulse.

Anyone wanting to know how the GH pulses work most people realize that carbs being present blunts the GH release however fat being present blunts it much worse. Interestingly though Protein does not blunt GH release so anyone trying to take advantage of the IGF1 made when GH pulse hits can do so by having some aminos or low carb whey about 15 minutes after the pill and you may be able to get a little extra anabolism from the product.

Also if fasting in the AM as I am then the pulse in the morning will increase fat oxidation so that it can be burned as energy. So there is a 1-2 punch right there.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks and thank you for letting me run with it!

I am thoroughly impressed with Endosurge so far. Strength gains are relatively constant, all the positives of higher testosterone and of course dreams have been more vivid. I do tend to take all of my doses on an empty stomach to taker as much advantage as possible of the full spectrum of the product by that I mean not only the test boosting the the L-Dopa causing a GH pulse.

Anyone wanting to know how the GH pulses work most people realize that carbs being present blunts the GH release however fat being present blunts it much worse. Interestingly though Protein does not blunt GH release so anyone trying to take advantage of the IGF1 made when GH pulse hits can do so by having some aminos or low carb whey about 15 minutes after the pill and you may be able to get a little extra anabolism from the product.

Also if fasting in the AM as I am then the pulse in the morning will increase fat oxidation so that it can be burned as energy. So there is a 1-2 punch right there.
Thank you for the info, You my friend are always a powerhouse of useful, educational information!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Excellent update once again Kleen. I am always impressed by those beastly dip numbers...fugging awesome. Oh and now I want chipotle. I bet that was amazing, sounded like you went straight carnivore...always a tasty choice.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent update once again Kleen. I am always impressed by those beastly dip numbers...fugging awesome. Oh and now I want chipotle. I bet that was amazing, sounded like you went straight carnivore...always a tasty choice.
Thanks, Yeah I went straight carnivore. I told the lady I want it double extra meat and she put two heaping scoops of chicken breast in there. I was like Uhm I said double extra, so she looked at me and added another scoop which probably got me up to about 12 oz and with the 2 scoops black beans set my protein at a nice 100'ish for the meal, had about 2/3 cup of rice in there and the tortilla. Was awesome. I just had 1 cup frozen blueberries and 2.5 scoops chocolate protein powder in a smoothie and 1 .5 oz roasted almonds. I will have about another 100 grams of protien and about 75-100 more grams of carbs by the end of the day and call it quits.

Macros should end up being about 250 p, 200-225 c, and 80-90 f when it is all said and done.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, Yeah I went straight carnivore. I told the lady I want it double extra meat and she put two heaping scoops of chicken breast in there. I was like Uhm I said double extra, so she looked at me and added another scoop which probably got me up to about 12 oz and with the 2 scoops black beans set my protein at a nice 100'ish for the meal, had about 2/3 cup of rice in there and the tortilla. Was awesome. I just had 1 cup frozen blueberries and 2.5 scoops chocolate protein powder in a smoothie and 1 .5 oz roasted almonds. I will have about another 100 grams of protien and about 75-100 more grams of carbs by the end of the day and call it quits.

Macros should end up being about 250 p, 200-225 c, and 80-90 f when it is all said and done.
Sounds good Brotha, looking forward to the flexibility!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

excellent update on endosurge! I cant wait! Your build day macros from yesterday is exactly what I ate lol. Good stuff!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just ran the tally of food so far, even went to chipotle site for actuals on the food.

182 protien = 728 cals 41%
128.5 carb (45 grams were fiber) = 514 cals 29% ( subract 180 if removing fiber since can't be used as energy = 334 cals )
59.5 fats 535 cals 30%

1777.5 cals

Damn those are some pretty macros so far. I underestimated the protein content of the beans and by a little and the tortilla but otherwise was pretty much dead on too. I have another 1000 cals to play with today also. So my estimates are not too bad at all for the day.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just ran the tally of food so far, even went to chipotle site for actuals on the food.

128.5 carb (45 grams were fiber) = 514 cals 29% ( subract 180 if removing fiber since can't be used as energy = 334 cals )
59.5 fats 535 cals 30%

1777.5 cals

Damn those are some pretty macros so far. I underestimated the protein content of the beans and by a little and the tortilla but otherwise was pretty much dead on too. I have another 1000 cals to play with today also. So my estimates are not too bad at all for the day.
WoW... 182g of protein in one meal! Holy Mother of All Creatures Great & Small!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No, I also had my protein smoothie for dessert at 2:45 it has 2.5 scoops chocolate whey, I cup forzen blueberries, ice, 2 packets splenda and blend with a wand hand blender. Then had 1.5 oz almonds with it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

59.5 fats 535 cals 30%

1777.5 cals

Nice meal there Kleen. I did something similar a few days ago that was close to 2k and 180-190g protein in one meal :food:

It was awesome!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards

Holy sh*t on your dips Kleen :notworthy: Great work, I've been hearing so much about that Chipotle place, I've never been there but i gotta change that..

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
omfg, I must have skimmed over too fast on that. Those dips are crazy!!
You using a weight belt Kleen? What brand? Anything over two plates and even my leather one from BB.com busted!

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
You using a weight belt Kleen? What brand? Anything over two plates and even my leather one from BB.com busted!
Hmmm, if I use 100 lb plate with a regular chain belt set high (right above the hips) I don't have a problem. It's a ton of weight and Kleen is a monster but def doable. Just don't try to walk back to the weight rack with the plate slinging, you could get your dong pinched in the chain.....not fun especially with a 100 lb plate.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm, if I use 100 lb plate with a regular chain belt set high (right above the hips) I don't have a problem. It's a ton of weight and Kleen is a monster but def doable. Just don't try to walk back to the weight rack with the plate slinging, you could get your dong pinched in the chain.....not fun especially with a 100 lb plate.

LMAO...I agree man mobility is a bitch with all that weight on there. I was doing some 110lb weighted dips last week and in between sets I get one of the knee high stools at the gym to rest my plates on in between sets to take the load off of my hips. I couldnt imagine pinching the boys in there....owwwww!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Well Sh!t...instead of being impressed maybe I should just man up and strap on the 100 belt for some dips...you guys are beastly don't get me wrong, but I think I need to give it a go.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 18 Cardio and replies

Cardio was beast mode today. I sped the treadmill up a little bit and got an extra 46 calories out of the workout. Speed 3.3 mph on Escelating interval setting, miles walked 2.78, 560 calories burned.

Weight is up right now but I think I had a little water on me from extra sodium yesterday. I had about a pound of chicken breast taco meat with a salad and picante last night with a cup of rice. I woke up looking extremely full almost like I had a pump and was weighing in at 198. This is not a weigh in that counts since it is not a day after a burn day. I don't like to count heightened glycogen stores as part of my body weight but I think this is higher than the last time I just did a spot check the morning after a build day. Tomorrow I will weigh myself in the AM and get an idea of what I am really weighing.

Nice meal there Kleen. I did something similar a few days ago that was close to 2k and 180-190g protein in one meal :food:

It was awesome!
It was actually a meal and a snack. I had a protein smoothie with 2.5 scoops of whey and 1 cup of frozen blueberries in the mix too.

Holy sh*t on your dips Kleen :notworthy: Great work, I've been hearing so much about that Chipotle place, I've never been there but i gotta change that..
Thanks, yeah Chipotle is good, Freebirds is better but I think they are local only. Now we have a bunch of places like this popping up all over. Place called Bullritos that I have not been to yet.

Was it the chain or the leather? If the chain go by some chain at a hardware store and some better clips. No need for a new belt.

Yeah I lengthened the chain on mine because unfortunately my gim only has 45 lb plates. To get to 105 I had to do 2plares, a 10 and a 5. Pretty cumbersome to say the least.
LMAO...I agree man mobility is a bitch with all that weight on there. I was doing some 110lb weighted dips last week and in between sets I get one of the knee high stools at the gym to rest my plates on in between sets to take the load off of my hips. I couldnt imagine pinching the boys in there....owwwww!!!
Yeah I have graze them before and once hit them pretty hard when I had 3 plates on the chain. My buddy kept laughing at me because it made me almost fall of the dip bars. I swear I was about to beat him to death because he just laughed and didn't even try to help me as I clung to it with one leg off and the other one slipping while trying not to puke. He is obviously no longer a workout partner of mine.

Well Sh!t...instead of being impressed maybe I should just man up and strap on the 100 belt for some dips...you guys are beastly don't get me wrong, but I think I need to give it a go.
I am sure you can do it man. No doubt in my mind!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That'd downright Ronnie Coleman status.
Agreed, some mean numbers on the dips! I just can't do dips anymore :whiner: It just hurts my shoulder way too bad.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of, my shoulder and pec tie ins are actually sore today! Not bad mind you but if I stretch my arms back I can definitely feel it. What an awesome feeling!

Looking at my Avi, man I really need to manscape, I am a bit wooly right now and it is hiding some of those cuts. I noticed in my last pics where I can see the "fingers" on the inside of my pecs in my MM pose in the mirror just barely but I see them and you can't in my last progress pics.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is awesome to hear Chris, I am sure the endosurge is helping with some recomp.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speaking of, my shoulder and pec tie ins are actually sore today! Not bad mind you but if I stretch my arms back I can definitely feel it. What an awesome feeling!

Looking at my Avi, man I really need to manscape, I am a bit wooly right now and it is hiding some of those cuts. I noticed in my last pics where I can see the "fingers" on the inside of my pecs in my MM pose in the mirror just barely but I see them and you can't in my last progress pics.
Yea the hair definitely hinders the super ripped look. But as long as you know you're not going up in BF% then it should be a pleasant surprise when you do get it off :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea the hair definitely hinders the super ripped look. But as long as you know you're not going up in BF% then it should be a pleasant surprise when you do get it off :)
I like it when I am like 6% BF or leaner and have like full body hair, then shave it, OMG it makes all the difference in the world, I'm not super hairy, but hairy enough that it takes the appearance of at least 1 if not 2% BF leaner when I'm shaved! If I'm over 10%... doesn't make that much difference, less cuts to smooth out I guess!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I like it when I am like 6% BF or leaner and have like full body hair, then shave it, OMG it makes all the difference in the world, I'm not super hairy, but hairy enough that it takes the appearance of at least 1 if not 2% BF leaner when I'm shaved! If I'm over 10%... doesn't make that much difference, less cuts to smooth out I guess!
Agreed I always sheer the wool (I'm really not a hairy beast) before progress pics. Not only do I look leaner, but it's a confidence booster...for me at least...I like to do a little smile and nod, when I see the hard work has paid off.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just had my buddy come buy asked me how much I was weighing now. He saw me shirtless at the concert and today. I told him I was up about 3 lbs and be was lime damn doesn't look like it so must be recomping. Woo ooh

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just had my buddy come buy asked me how much I was weighing now. He saw me shirtless at the concert and today. I told him I was up about 3 lbs and be was lime damn doesn't look like it so must be recomping. Woo ooh
Recompin' is tits!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thunder like titties!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 20 Workout 8 Felt great today.

Keeping this one short and sweet. Wife is on the way home with my daughter and I am ready to just be with them. I did a different than normal workout just a few different exercises and didn't try to kill myself on the drop sets. If I hit 8 reps I dropped even if I had more in the tank. I actually felt pretty good and will probably be what I do for a little while. My elbow is still occasionally protesting the increased frequency and drop sets being added in so suddenly. Shoulders were still a little sore so a lot of upper body was done on Hammer Strength machines for increased stability.

HS exercises the weight is lister per side and only the weight not whatever the levers say they weigh.

HS Shoulder Press - 45x8, 70x8, 95x8 >70x8 > 45x8

HS Lat Pull Down - 45x8, 70x8, 95x10 > 70x8 > 45x8

HS Incline - 90x8, 135x8 > 90x8 > 45x8

DB Curls 45x10, 30x5 up 2 reps from last time with 45s very strict form here.

Skull Crushers - 100x11 > 60x8 up 10 lbs on first set

Dead Lifts - 235x8, 325x8, 385x6, 375x5, 325x8 - thick bar and I cheated a bit by using my versa grips from 325 up.

Leg Extensions - my knees are a little achy at the moment and it didn't feel right even when I lowered the weight so I stopped.

Went to my ART appointment for my hip, and he thinks I am good to try some squatting again around 65% of my working load weight so I will give that a shot this week.

I weighed in at 196 this morning so up 1 lb and looking as lean as before if not a tiny bit better.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Awesome 196! Kleen if I could cut to that weight I would be super shredded! Got on the scale this AM and weighed 207.0 down .4 from the start of my new thread, I need to check fat still, but I'm pretty sure, just by visual observation that I am leaner. I guess the recomp is spot on!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome 196! Kleen if I could cut to that weight I would be super shredded! Got on the scale this AM and weighed 207.0 down .4 from the start of my new thread, I need to check fat still, but I'm pretty sure, just by visual observation that I am leaner. I guess the recomp is spot on!!
Yeah we have VERY similar builds the height difference justifies the weight.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Yeah we have VERY similar builds the height difference justifies the weight.
That may be true, but you are ultra lean bro. I'm thinking if I could recomp to around 200lbs even, I would look closer to your physique. I really don't want to cut many more calories out especially on burn days. I feel that 1800 is low for somebody my size, but that may be what I have to do to get down.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Way to go brother. Hope to see you soon. Keep up the awesome work.