KLEEN Cut's back on the supplements but not the progress!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
After seeing these workouts, I can only imagine what leg day consists of !! Man you are killing it and the program hasnt even really begun yet!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Every day looks painful so far! You're a beast to push through though! Great work!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hurt just reading all of that!! Nice work:)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every day looks painful so far! You're a beast to push through though! Great work!
Week one and two are tough because of the frequency but you can still really push because the nutrition plan is very solid.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MI40 X Phase 1 workout 3 Legs!

You are hitting those macros almost perfectly... impressive.
Thanks I am working hard at it! This weekend will be a challenge going to see friends in Austin. Will probably have some scotch on the rocks but going to try to keep everything else in check!

After seeing these workouts, I can only imagine what leg day consists of !! Man you are killing it and the program hasnt even really begun yet!!
Oh Man I am about to tell you then maybe take a nap I am drained from that workout!
I seem to be recovering pretty well and looking quite large. This is a lot of calories for me but I am trusting DreamWeaver that I am going to start leaning out as I go along.
I hurt just reading all of that!! Nice work:)
Yeah me too!

Okay so I thought BPak was displaying his sadistic nature on the back workouts... that was until I read the leg workout closer. Just look at the opener and you will have an idea of the type of madness that ensued!

Again as usual the Rest Periods are 40 seconds unless stated otherwise and the tempo is 4-0-1-0 unless stated otherwise!

Leg Extensions - 4-0-1-5 to 7 (yes 5-7 Second isometric hold in the peak contraction!!! He is a SADIST I am telling you!) 7 reps x 3 sets
Single Leg Leg Press w/ downward intentions Foot position High and wide - 21 reps 3 sets
- Oh man the downward intentions had my glute / ham tie ins screaming!!!!
Barbell Squats Outward Intentions - 21, 14, my foot started hurting so I moved to Hack Squats to finish these out - 10, & 21
Leg press - real one was busy did 1 set on cable leg press sled then the real leg press opened up. basic stay warm set on machine.
Leg press Feet Low on platform
- 10, 10, 10 + NOS (3 drop sets) just brutal!!!
Seated Leg Curls - 21, 21, 21 - the burn!
Single Leg Kneeling Leg Curl Machine - Tempo 4-0-stop 30% of the way up hold for 2 seconds then complete the rep - 0 (Again I must say he is a sadistic phuck!) These were supposed to be done on the lying leg curl bench with body in extended postion but it was in use so instead of leaning over and putting my elbows on the resting pads I put my hands on them and created an arch in my back and glutes to achieve the same goal.

I was completely spent after this. My knees kept buckling under me for the next hour. Even now i can feel the extreme exhaustion in my legs. Tomorrow is probably going to be very painful!!!!! At least i will be hitting up chest it seems to be the least evil out of all the 3 workouts.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you imagine not leaning given the volume of work. Here's another reason though, cell expansion increases your need for nutrients. You are much more efficient using nutrition when in this state thus increasing the need for more calories. You're going to freak at fast you recover though. The word impossible will enter your head when you look ahead at what you have to do, but you recover faster than you ever did before cuz you body is running like a fuggin machine. Too little nutrition and the machine would just break down. The diet is so closely married tot the program.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys have you used the white yams yet. Fuggin awesome. A little bit of cinnamon and it's better than any dessert. I crave these fuggin things. The are red or purple skins with white insides.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Hey guys have you used the white yams yet. Fuggin awesome. A little bit of cinnamon and it's better than any dessert. I crave these fuggin things. The are red or purple skins with white insides.
they're incredible. One of my favorites. Cinnamon and a dash of pink salt.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Haha. Glad I don't do barbell squats or I might have to give this a go. Might take some of his philosophies and incorporate into my own. As for diets they are so "people" specific. You have to monitor closely and know your own body.

Had white sweet potatoes when I was in California last year. They are awesome!! Wish I could find them here...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here you have to go into the Chinese places to get them for the most part. If you have a Chinese grocery store near by you can probably find them there.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either of you tried Caribbean sweet potato? They are purple in color..
Yah those are the ones but they are white inside.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh awesome! I bought some but wasnt sure what to do with them... cook them exactly the same way?
Yes I boil them and remove the skins and add cinnamon.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can you imagine not leaning given the volume of work. Here's another reason though, cell expansion increases your need for nutrients. You are much more efficient using nutrition when in this state thus increasing the need for more calories. You're going to freak at fast you recover though. The word impossible will enter your head when you look ahead at what you have to do, but you recover faster than you ever did before cuz you body is running like a fuggin machine. Too little nutrition and the machine would just break down. The diet is so closely married tot the program.
Very well said, and I remember us dropping your calories at first and you surprisingly having to up them to stop dropping weight.
No but very interested in trying them now. Do you know if they are as high in potassium and other nutrients. Obviously not carotene but that is okay.
they're incredible. One of my favorites. Cinnamon and a dash of pink salt.
Must try!!!!
Haha. Glad I don't do barbell squats or I might have to give this a go. Might take some of his philosophies and incorporate into my own. As for diets they are so "people" specific. You have to monitor closely and know your own body.

Had white sweet potatoes when I was in California last year. They are awesome!! Wish I could find them here...
Agreed on the diet however this level I am doing now is already about 1000 cals below the suggested but that is for a full on growthphase and I could not think of running that unless I was on a strong cycle and would still probably gain fat. This current is about 200-300 over my maintenance, however the frequency of the training and the expected EPOC from being intense and short rest periods i think it will be pretty good. I will definitely re-evaluate if I notice I am gaining more fat. Right now I am just straight up growing even the primer phase had me growing.
Here you have to go into the Chinese places to get them for the most part. If you have a Chinese grocery store near by you can probably find them there.
We have a lot of those around my area going to check this out for sure!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Either of you tried Caribbean sweet potato? They are purple in color..
Yah those are the ones but they are white inside.
Okay so that is what I am looking for then a Caribbean Sweet Potato?
Oh awesome! I bought some but wasnt sure what to do with them... cook them exactly the same way?
Yes I boil them and remove the skins and add cinnamon.
Why do we have to remove the skin?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff. Too bad I have to see your happy butt on here instead of at my place. Why I got to do all the driving. LMFAO

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW your doing great considering the set backs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff. Too bad I have to see your happy butt on here instead of at my place. Why I got to do all the driving. LMFAO
Uhm you moved to Bum Phucked Egypt and THEN started posting pictures of all the creepy crawlies that you know your sister has phobia's over. How am i supposed to get her over there now? Be like asking a bull to go to a barbecue.... "C'Mon Brisket, you will be safe. They only like chicken... HONEST!"
BTW your doing great considering the set backs.
Thanks Brother!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay so that is what I am looking for then a Caribbean Sweet Potato?

Why do we have to remove the skin?
Apparently the skin does not add to the nutrition quality like it does for potatoes and tastes much better without them. Yah I think it's the Caribbean ones but I buy mine at the Chinese grocery so they don't call them that.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL yup or give her some benadryl and knock her out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Dw how long do you boil potatoes for? I've only pan fried and baked/microwaved

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wussup BÎTCHES! I had a hankerin' fer some sexy man-flesh...I knew I'd find it here!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I always micro mine... 5 minutes with a very damp piece of paper towel on them. ...what the hell is pink salt?
Himalayan sea salt.

Pink Himalaya salt

Why Pink?

The many hues of pink, red and white are an indication of this salt's rich and varying mineral and energy-rich iron content.

Benefits

In the same manner that vitamins and minerals are perfectly packaged in fruits and vegetables, because this salt was formed naturally the minerals within the sodium work in synergy.

(Synergy is the interaction of multiple elements in a system to produce an effect different from or greater than the sum of their individual effects.)

Iodine- Natural salts are rich in iodine, so it doesn't need to be artificially added in.

Less sodium consumed per serving- Himalayan salt is made of the same components as table salt but since the crystal structure is larger than refined salt, and by volume- this salt therefore has LESS sodium per 1/4 t. serving- because the sea salt crystals or flakes take up less room on a teaspoon than highly refined tiny table salt grains.

Packs a hearty 80+ minerals and elements- Himalayan salts are mineral packed crystals which formed naturally within the earth made up of 85.62% sodium chloride and 14.38% other trace minerals including: sulphate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate, strontium, and fluoride (in descending order of quantity).

Because of these minerals Himalayan pink salt can:

o Create an electrolyte balance
o Increases hydration
o Regulate water content both inside and outside of cells
o Balance pH (alkaline/acidity) and help to reduce acid reflux
o Prevent muscle cramping
o Aid in proper metabolism functioning
o Strengthen bones
o Lower blood pressure
o Help the intestines absorb nutrients
o Prevent goiters
o Improve circulation
o Dissolve and eliminate sediment to remove toxins
It is even said to support libido, reduce the signs of aging, and detoxify the body from heavy metals.

Pink Salt vs. Sea Salt

Even though pink salts come from the mountains, they are technically sea salts as well. All salt comes from a salted body of water--namely, an ocean or salt-water lake. However, Himalayan salt is said to be the purest form of sea salt.

Why Table Salt is Inferior

Commercial refined salt is not only stripped of all its minerals, besides sodium and chloride, but is also chemically cleaned, bleached and heated at unnecessary high temperatures.

In addition, it is treated with anti-caking agents which prevent salt from mixing with water in the salt container. These agents also prevent dissolving within our system leading to build up and then deposit in organs and tissue, causing severe health problems.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
about 25 minutes I don't really time them, I test them with fork. Not too soft is best.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
without skin about 15 minutes maybe a little longer with skin. Just poke them with a fork to check them.
Wussup BÎTCHES! I had a hankerin' fer some sexy man-flesh...I knew I'd find it here!
What's up you sexy biatch!
Himalayan sea salt.

Pink Himalaya salt

Why Pink?

The many hues of pink, red and white are an indication of this salt's rich and varying mineral and energy-rich iron content.

Benefits

In the same manner that vitamins and minerals are perfectly packaged in fruits and vegetables, because this salt was formed naturally the minerals within the sodium work in synergy.

(Synergy is the interaction of multiple elements in a system to produce an effect different from or greater than the sum of their individual effects.)

Iodine- Natural salts are rich in iodine, so it doesn't need to be artificially added in.

Less sodium consumed per serving- Himalayan salt is made of the same components as table salt but since the crystal structure is larger than refined salt, and by volume- this salt therefore has LESS sodium per 1/4 t. serving- because the sea salt crystals or flakes take up less room on a teaspoon than highly refined tiny table salt grains.

Packs a hearty 80+ minerals and elements- Himalayan salts are mineral packed crystals which formed naturally within the earth made up of 85.62% sodium chloride and 14.38% other trace minerals including: sulphate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate, strontium, and fluoride (in descending order of quantity).

Because of these minerals Himalayan pink salt can:

o Create an electrolyte balance
o Increases hydration
o Regulate water content both inside and outside of cells
o Balance pH (alkaline/acidity) and help to reduce acid reflux
o Prevent muscle cramping
o Aid in proper metabolism functioning
o Strengthen bones
o Lower blood pressure
o Help the intestines absorb nutrients
o Prevent goiters
o Improve circulation
o Dissolve and eliminate sediment to remove toxins
It is even said to support libido, reduce the signs of aging, and detoxify the body from heavy metals.

Pink Salt vs. Sea Salt

Even though pink salts come from the mountains, they are technically sea salts as well. All salt comes from a salted body of water--namely, an ocean or salt-water lake. However, Himalayan salt is said to be the purest form of sea salt.

Why Table Salt is Inferior

Commercial refined salt is not only stripped of all its minerals, besides sodium and chloride, but is also chemically cleaned, bleached and heated at unnecessary high temperatures.

In addition, it is treated with anti-caking agents which prevent salt from mixing with water in the salt container. These agents also prevent dissolving within our system leading to build up and then deposit in organs and tissue, causing severe health problems.
Nice share! I use this exclusively now. Have one at home and one at work.
about 25 minutes I don't really time them, I test them with fork. Not too soft is best.
Yep fork test is the way to go.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't know how you can walk after all that!!

What is this white sweet potato you speak of??!! I've never seen one! Great info on the Himalayan sea salt SB! I've been wanting to get some. Gotta do it now!!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
So many posts in here. I come back in and bam. Pages!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So many posts in here. I come back in and bam. Pages!
Ikr! It takes me all day to catch up so I can respond and by the time I finish- I don't remember what I was gonna say! Hahaha

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Ikr! It takes me all day to catch up so I can respond and by the time I finish- I don't remember what I was gonna say! Hahaha
True that. I always want to comment on something I saw like 2 pages back and then I think, they have probably moved on from that lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Something about me being strikingly handsome I believe. Yes that was it. LOL
True that. I always want to comment on something I saw like 2 pages back and then I think, they have probably moved on from that lol.
Just hit the multiquote like I do and say what comes to mind. I enjoy all conversation. Consider it like reminiscing with an old buddy.

So here is something you can comment on in a timely manner Tagger!

Todays lift was another lesson in being a masochist. I think we are all a little S&M in some way. Some days we are the S and some days we are the M. Today and every day this week I have been the masochist because I am loving the punishment this program is putting me through on some sick level.

Okay with that interesting opener today was the 2nd chest biceps and delts workout of the week. Maybe I should say it was the Biceps, Chest, & Delts day. I see he is putting more focus on one or the other with the 2 workouts each week which is nice.

Tempo as usual 4-0-1-0 unless noted otherwise. Rest periods 40 seconds between exercises or between rotations of super sets.

SuperSet A
Barbell Preacher Curls - Tempo 4-0-1-5 for 7 reps- Oh yeah back at the 5 second maximum squeeze at peak contraction.) If you have not done this I must say it is brutal. Not only is it a maximal contraction but also maximal supination. You are supposed to try to twist your pinkies through the bar. Talk about a strong biceps contraction!
Incline DB Contraction 7 reps + a NOS-X set after final work set! I can't really begin to tell you what the NOS X set feels like, it is a triple drop set but when you fail at each drop before going to the next lower weight you flex the opposing muscle to create a maximal stretch in the works muscle and hold it for 20-30 seconds while holding the weight and squeezing the crap out of the handle. It may not sound hard but it will test your will for sure. It mimics Occlusion training because the stretch keeps the blood from being able to be pumped back out of the muscle. Just trust me it is a MOFO!

SuperSet B 4 rounds
High Cable 2 handed curls - 15 reps biceps were MAJOR pumped at this point.
45 Degree Incline Bench 12 reps these were pretty intense!

HS Wide Chest Press - Tempo 4-1-1-7 -- 7 reps for 4 sets - Oh man that tempo was painful. In the words of John Cougar Mellenacamp "It hurt so good!"

Super Set C 3 rounds
60 Degree Incline Prone Lateral DB Raise - 15 reps
- My delts were o fire by the end of these.
Seated DB Front Raise Tempo 2-1-1-1 12 reps - I have to say my front delts were just fried by the end of these. My last set was about 7 full ROM and 5 partials just to get it done.

Macros were off a bit yesterday but my calories were on point.
Goals 2879 cals, 316p, 136c, and 118f
Actual 2869 cals, 317p, 93c and 130f

Not a bad day calorie adherence wise but was dealing with a broken dryer and getting my daughter from dance so I missed out on some options for carbs and filled the gap with a few grilled stuffed jalapenos in a pinch.

Okay on to some other things. I have been looking at myself in the mirror and simply am not comfortable in my own skin at this point. I really need to get myself to a leaner spot in more of a hurry than what the current caloric level is going to allow. So I went and referred to a cutting diet I procured with the MI40 X guru himself BPac and multiplied the values in it by 120% to come up with a slightly less aggressive cut than this shredding diet. This will have my calories about the same over the next 1.5 weeks starting at 2872 cals then it begins to drop stopping at 2116 at the lowest point and finishing up at 2313. This should allow for some nice weight loss over the next 6.5 weeks while also sticking to the set macro distributions that he wrote for use with the program and weight loss.

I just have to be true to myself and admit I would much rather look good naked before worrying about gaining optimal size. I have always been in this for aesthetics and right now I feel like I do not represent that. So I am not being true to myself by not making the effort to get back there as soon as possible. There is also a small chance I will change macros again for a more prominent CBL type of macros set up once I have the VIP call with Ben regarding CBL.

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's exactly right! Lol

Yet another brutal workout! Great work!!! I think it's a great idea! You have to do what feels right to you!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome workout man!! Will be implementing a touch of it in my workout today. From a few days ago, the spider curls / underhand front raise super set.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yes by the way I took my morning measurements today. No overly pleased or impressed, still have a good bit of size to gain back once I lean up more or gradually as I lean up.

Weight 205 up another 3-4 lbs...
Arms cold and flexed 17 both sides
Waist 37 - wow not happy with that at all!!!!
Chest 47.25
Shoulders 54
Thighs - 25 inches at 10 inches above the knee both legs.
Calves 16.25 both sides

Although I am not excited by these I also know I am slightly depleted. I was surprised by my waist size but I have uhm... needed to go to the restroom a good one for a few days. Hoping it has to do with that and not fat gain. I know TMI...

Good news is that I am the picture of symmetry as far as being even on both sides of the body.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's exactly right! Lol

Yet another brutal workout! Great work!!! I think it's a great idea! You have to do what feels right to you!
Exactly!
Awesome workout man!! Will be implementing a touch of it in my workout today. From a few days ago, the spider curls / underhand front raise super set.
Oh yeah that is a beast! Done forget the tempo on the front raises 2-1-1-1 pause at top pause at bottom that is the killer part.

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Awesome work outs man! This is going to be great watching your progress! I'm going to have to consider this after I hit my cycle goals!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Looks like an excellent workout!
I'm a little curious here so forgive me for asking some of these questions.
Do you know what your bf is right now?
Assuming you do, and assuming you calculated what weight you want to get to(cutting) and at bf%, do your cals equate out to the maint level for said weight and bf?
You have more of a sedentary job correct?
Just seems 2800 would be over maint right now until you get your metabolism back up.

I think your plan to cut cals is correct. 6 weeks may need to be extended based on the waist unless some of it indeed is from bloat(which I would assume a little bit is for sure).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like an excellent workout!
I'm a little curious here so forgive me for asking some of these questions.
Do you know what your bf is right now?
Assuming you do, and assuming you calculated what weight you want to get to(cutting) and at bf%, do your cals equate out to the maint level for said weight and bf?
You have more of a sedentary job correct?
Just seems 2800 would be over maint right now until you get your metabolism back up.

I think your plan to cut cals is correct. 6 weeks may need to be extended based on the waist unless some of it indeed is from bloat(which I would assume a little bit is for sure).
I would honestly estimate 17-20% but my stomach is definitely distended. I agree 2800 is slightly over maintenance for me right now or that is how I would think but yeah a TDEE calculator putting in working out 6 times a week puts my estimated TDEE between 3084 cals @17% and 2983 @20%

I am not sure I want to do a full on cut just drop the fat some. I would honestly say by my own experience that 2600 is closer to maintenance. However I would also say I am burning a higher number of calories than usual with this workout. Plus I do want to grow some. My goal is actually not trying to be in the singles until say February at best so it will indeed be a continued effort just a slower less aggressive one. I just want to get back to what I consider my minimum acceptable level of aesthetics or leanness a bit sooner than later. To give you an idea of the dietary plan as it jumps around in calories a bit here is the layout for the calories for each phase of this program. I may run it at a smaller increase if I decide to go more aggressive however at this point I do still want to take advantage of the chance for muscle memory to kick in and that it has some substrate to rebuild with. The other option puts me about 200 calories lower than this per day and although not as aggressive is the original version it is as low as I would go for right now.

Phase 1 &2

Phase 3

Phase 4

Week 5

Week 6 2x a day training

Week 7

Oh yeah todays macros were a bit off but still nice. I ended up having to have some sushi since I got stuck going to a laundromat tonight instead of being at home to eat.

FInal Calories & Macros - 2681 cals, and 266p, 141c, & 117f

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
let the shredfest begin!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those calories don't look right phase 5 should be higher some phases look low.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 7 cals should be higher too I think. I know that's based on not training but I found they still need to be a bit higher to take full advantage of super compensation. Week 5 should be higher than all the other weeks but phase 5 only lasts for 4 days.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another great workout and a good planned laid out.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I would honestly estimate 17-20% but my stomach is definitely distended. I agree 2800 is slightly over maintenance for me right now or that is how I would think but yeah a TDEE calculator putting in working out 6 times a week puts my estimated TDEE between 3084 cals @17% and 2983 @20%

I am not sure I want to do a full on cut just drop the fat some. I would honestly say by my own experience that 2600 is closer to maintenance. However I would also say I am burning a higher number of calories than usual with this workout. Plus I do want to grow some. My goal is actually not trying to be in the singles until say February at best so it will indeed be a continued effort just a slower less aggressive one. I just want to get back to what I consider my minimum acceptable level of aesthetics or leanness a bit sooner than later. To give you an idea of the dietary plan as it jumps around in calories a bit here is the layout for the calories for each phase of this program. I may run it at a smaller increase if I decide to go more aggressive however at this point I do still want to take advantage of the chance for muscle memory to kick in and that it has some substrate to rebuild with. The other option puts me about 200 calories lower than this per day and although not as aggressive is the original version it is as low as I would go for right now.

Phase 1 &2

Phase 3

Phase 4

Week 5

Week 6 2x a day training

Week 7

Oh yeah todays macros were a bit off but still nice. I ended up having to have some sushi since I got stuck going to a laundromat tonight instead of being at home to eat.

FInal Calories & Macros - 2681 cals, and 266p, 141c, &117f
I got the mention on the last one haha. Forgot to check.

In for this one though. What calculator do you use?

There are so many out there. I just started eating the same thing for two weeks to see what happened.

I'm with yah man. Here for the aesthetics and now I am not increasing more than 300 calories each week.

Maybe 500 to 700 for this bulk cause I've got a lot of fat burners for this bulk run.

Going to really own the aesthetic look and honestly this is my first true bulk where I wasn't young and stupid lol.

Super excited to grow this winter.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
let the shredfest begin!
Amen!
Those calories don't look right phase 5 should be higher some phases look low.
Week 7 cals should be higher too I think. I know that's based on not training but I found they still need to be a bit higher to take full advantage of super compensation. Week 5 should be higher than all the other weeks but phase 5 only lasts for 4 days.
Doug, I truly appreciated the constructive criticism and you know I value your opinion. However these weekly adjustments these were laid out by Ben Pakulski or one of his approved on staff nutritionist for an all out cut on this specific program. Believe it or not they are actually a good bit higher than the amounts given on the diet. You are looking at what the growth plan is for this program, but the numbers and adjustments are different for the cut. I agree if growth is the goal then the numbers and weekly adjustments would be different and would reflect the ones listed in his program for the Growth Diets.

However this is a specific MI40 X Shred Plan I bought when as an add on when I bought the MI40 X and had tailored to me based on body fat. My body fat is higher now than then and a little less muscle mass to support so even the new caoliric levels will be higher than he would give me right now. I think now that I have contemplated it overnight I am actually going to bite the bullet and restrict calories even farther bu7 doing the exact macros and cutting listed in the Shred plan instead of the increased values listed above. No pus-cee footing around making adjustments to the plan. I just need to nut up r shut up and get lean. It will indeed be restrictive but in the end I am sure I will be much happier with my physique then when i do the next level of MI40 X training I will be able to follow the growth plans since I will be starting out lean.

Another great workout and a good planned laid out.
Thanks BIGred1874 I think that lay out was a nice one but I am going to go ahead and use the suggested caloric intake and macros from the diet I bought with the program which will be even lower cals. Same types of increases and drops per phase just a lower percentage.
turff49 - Hey brother I truly appreciated the PM! Your comments although only well thought out dietary suggestions, were a reminder to me I should focus on what is important to me right now. You could obviously tell I was struggling with my direction right now. You offering your thoughts on a dietary strategy was a nice kick in the ass that I needed to decide where my priorities were going to lie over the next 7 weeks. Nothing but positivism in that PM brother and good to know that people care enough to stick their neck out and speak out. You are a good man and earned a lot of respect by reaching out!

Now without completely giving up the macros for this diet as it is something I paid for and I believe I am not to share completely with others here is the actual weekly or per phase break down in calories only.

Weeks 1 & 2 or Phase 1 & 2 = 2394
Phase 3 = 2095
Phase 4 = 1929
Phase 5 = 2186
Phase 6 if 1 x training per day 1764
Phase 6 if 2x training per day 2296
Phase 7 = 1929

This is going to be a mofo of a diet I am not going to lie. I will be tested to the max on making sure I don't go over these calories as this program is extremely intense. I do not expect any muscular gains from this unless I end up being able to start my cycle in the next few weeks and even then it is unlikely. In all honesty this coming weekend I will probably not be able to stick completely to my calories or macros but will make sure I do not go overboard in any way. I will take progress pictures more than likely Monday morning to show where I am at at the start of full adherence to the diet. Then I will more than likely take a progress picture every Sunday morning. On both plans I am allowed a 1000 calorie boost on Sunday from carbs in certain phases so Sunday morning prior to that will be the best time for the progress shots.

I was unable to get up and go to the gym today and will not make it tonight. I am driving to Austin to visit family. I was stuck in a laundromat all night last night. As a matter of fact I did not get to bed until almost 1 AM so getting out of bed at 3:50AM was not even an option. I have pretty big back and my triceps are not lacking so I am not going to fuss over making this workout up and will do legs tomorrow in Austin. I may do 100 close grip push ups for triceps or something and to wake me up before I get on the road tonight. Also the frequency is already giving a slight creak to the elbows and back work exacerbates that so it wont hurt to miss this one. I may end up rolling this into having one day off in between each 3 day cycle if I feel my joints need more time for recovery. I don't think I am there yet and am going to start out by lowering my dose of AI slightly to see if not more low estrogen related than anything. I have a feeling that may be the case.

If for some strange reason I do not make it to the gym tomorrow like I am enjoying time with my family and don't want to miss a moment with them... which is a moderate possibility. If so I will simply start Week 1 over and that will have me matched up completely on my the diet and the training phases for 7 weeks instead of shifting dietary gears middle of the initial 2 phase process. Hell that actually sounds like a pretty sound plan... Lets take a vote.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man those numbers are low!! You know what you want and what you're doing with professional guidance. Look forward to the transformation.