KLEEN Cut's back on the supplements but not the progress!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry Hyde this is what I was asking what do you mean by this. I understood your post and it was a good one.
Under the avatars, above the achievements there is a bar with a percentage line that says Lv. Percent. Mine goes up and down throughout the day. Just wondering what it meant.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That was one pumptastic workout you did!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait till this sucker gets into full swing gonna experience some really fuggin crazy shyte :) Oh and Overreaching will burn you right the fug out :)(

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Dude what is with these achievements? I had 6-7 of them earlier now only 3...
Hey, same here.

I was like, oh well **** it. Haha.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh lol, ma bad!
Not a problem lol!
Under the avatars, above the achievements there is a bar with a percentage line that says Lv. Percent. Mine goes up and down throughout the day. Just wondering what it meant.
Oh I don't even see that on mine.

That was one pumptastic workout you did!
Absolutely and today's was too!
Wait till this sucker gets into full swing gonna experience some really fuggin crazy shyte :) Oh and Overreaching will burn you right the fug out :)(
I can only imagine, on both accounts.
Hey, same here.

I was like, oh well **** it. Haha.
Yeah not stressing it just curious.

Okay todays chest and triceps workout was a beast! Same Tempo and what not as yesterday. 2-0-2-0 tri-sets of spersets whatever you want to call them and 3 minutes rest after completing each tri-set.

Super Set 1 - 4 rotations.
Incline BB Bench press - 12 reps
Machine Pec Flies 15 reps
Machine Dips 20 reps

Super Set 2 - 4 rotations
Flat DB Fly - 15 reps
Hammer Strength Chest press - 10 reps
Reverse Grip Triceps Push Downs - 15 reps

Super Set 3 3 rotations
Close Grip Bench Press - 20 reps
Overhand Grip Triceps Push Downs - 12 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions - 15 reps

My arms were so pumped my skin could have ripped I felt like I was going to get a stretch mark on the back of my arm it even started itching like it was stretching! Was ridiculous! When I tried to flex my triceps it did not even move it was just a big round bulbous mass on the back of my arm! FANTASMAGORICLE!!!!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like the workouts are treating you very good!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dang Kleen! Brutal workouts!!!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Now that's a heckuva workout there!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like the workouts are treating you very good!
Yes I am rebounding very well with these.
Dang Kleen! Brutal workouts!!!
Oh yeah the super sets are work and couldn't be done late at night. Lots of moving way across the gym to another station.
Now that's a heckuva workout there!
Thanks Turf!
So many workout ideas coming in here.
Yeah but I can't take credit for these they are Ben Pakulski's creations.
FANTASMAGORICLE!!!!
Almost ORGASMERRIFIC even!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Yah BPak has some amazing advice for lifting.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah BPak has some amazing advice for lifting.
In my opinion he has the best advice for hypertrophy specific training. A close second would beJohn Meadows, but he also trains the power builders and what not too. Those are my two favorite sources for training information. Both are also excellent when it comes to nutrition.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a problem lol!

Oh I don't even see that on mine.

Absolutely and today's was too!

I can only imagine, on both accounts.

Yeah not stressing it just curious.

Okay todays chest and triceps workout was a beast! Same Tempo and what not as yesterday. 2-0-2-0 tri-sets of spersets whatever you want to call them and 3 minutes rest after completing each tri-set.

Super Set 1 - 4 rotations.
Incline BB Bench press - 12 reps
Machine Pec Flies 15 reps
Machine Dips 20 reps

Flat DB Fly - 15 reps
Hammer Strength Chest press - 10 reps
Reverse Grip Triceps Push Downs - 15 reps

Super Set 3 3 rotations
Close Grip Bench Press - 20 reps
Overhand Grip Triceps Push Downs - 12 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions - 15 reps

My arms were so pumped my skin could have ripped I felt like I was going to get a stretch mark on the back of my arm it even started itching like it was stretching! Was ridiculous! When I tried to flex my triceps it did not even move it was just a big round bulbous mass on the back of my arm! FANTASMAGORICLE!!!!
Do you take each set of every exercise till failure?

Bpak is the man. Love his nutritional and exercise advices.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On this it is not supposed to go to failure but I end up failing on a few of them or stopping so I don't hit failure.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On this it is not supposed to go to failure but I end up failing on a few of them or stopping so I don't hit failure.
Cool. Pretty hard to get a good weight on each exercise?

Will look into it and give it a go soon;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes definitely on this one being super sets and what not but the weight will be able to gauged much better once I start the actual program.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I woke up this morning and my foot was still hurting it is getting better but I didn't want to do anything that would put me starting the program Monday in jeopardy. Getting my plans together for nutrition now. I am still contemplating if I am going to focus a bit more on leaning up. I have already seen a lot of muscle memory bringing back the size and shape of my muscles in the last month so I am contemplating doing more of a slower cut. Not anything drastic. Something with enough calories for me to continue to grow but also that lends itself to leaning up in the process.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds pretty smart to hold off and give your foot more time to completely heal! Kleen will be in full beast mode Monday--everyone watch out!!

turff49

turff49

Awards
I woke up this morning and my foot was still hurting it is getting better but I didn't want to do anything that would put me starting the program Monday in jeopardy. Getting my plans together for nutrition now. I am still contemplating if I am going to focus a bit more on leaning up. I have already seen a lot of muscle memory bringing back the size and shape of my muscles in the last month so I am contemplating doing more of a slower cut. Not anything drastic. Something with enough calories for me to continue to grow but also that lends itself to leaning up in the process.
I'd lean up! Makes everything so much easier when you decide to do a bulk. Easier to manage too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds pretty smart to hold off and give your foot more time to completely heal! Kleen will be in full beast mode Monday--everyone watch out!!
You got that right! I am trying to use my head instead of my heart on injuries. I spent my whole life learning to be tough and suck it up. Now I need to teach myself when toughness is a problem.
I'd lean up! Makes everything so much easier when you decide to do a bulk. Easier to manage too.
See that is what I am thinking. I was talking with DreamWeaver who just finished running this and he was able to lean up a good bit using higher calories than he had in a long time. So I don't want to undershoot. i am going with a relatively aggressive caloric set up and will see what happens. If I don't see more leaning out within the first 3 weeks i will bring calories down a bit. Calories will be in the 2800-3000 range for the most part.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ux :/ c.f. uvxhvxgnb

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You got that right! I am trying to use my head instead of my heart on injuries. I spent my whole life learning to be tough and suck it up. Now I need to teach myself when toughness is a problem.

See that is what I am thinking. I was talking with DreamWeaver who just finished running this and he was able to lean up a good bit using higher calories than he had in a long time. So I don't want to undershoot. i am going with a relatively aggressive caloric set up and will see what happens. If I don't see more leaning out within the first 3 weeks i will bring calories down a bit. Calories will be in the 2800-3000 range for the most part.
Yes we discussed this, and you don't want to lowball this ride. It tears you to fuggin pieces and you need your nutrition bad. I find I really craved high quality nutrients, something that continues into super compensation. Let me know if you experience this Kris as I was wondering if it was just me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ux :/ c.f. uvxhvxgnb
Thanks Montego1 I think you are sexy beyond words too!
Yes we discussed this, and you don't want to lowball this ride. It tears you to fuggin pieces and you need your nutrition bad. I find I really craved high quality nutrients, something that continues into super compensation. Let me know if you experience this Kris as I was wondering if it was just me.
Agreed I have my new plans they start at 2879 a day go down to 2700 and go up over 3000 during the program. I should be pretty damn lean by the end if what you say is true, and will adjust up if needed!

Having a rough time not going t the gym this weekend but the plan says to take the time off before starting so I am doing it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MI40 X Phase 1 Workout 1 "IT HAS BEGUN!!!!"

Okay the day is finally here and I went in and rocked it!

Here is the layout of the workout. Was a beast.

Tempo on all lifts was 4-0-2-0 unless otherwise mentioned.
Rest Periods 40 Seconds exept N.O.S sets and supersets which are 40 seconds between supersets.

Flat Barbell Bench Press Shoulder Width Grip - 10 reps x 4 sets
Flat Barbell Bench Press 4 inches outside of shoulder width 10 reps x 4 sets + NOS
(which is 3 drops) Was a beast I failed on last work set and got 9 the drops were brutal
DB Incine Flies 45 Degrees ( maximum scapular retraction over bench ) 15 reps x 4 sets barely completed final set chest was feeling abused already. I looked like I needed a D cup bra I was sup pumped!

Super Set 1 - 3 rotations
Cable Cross over - 15, 15, 15
Stretch Push Ups -21, 15, 21 but last half from knees...
Cable Front Raises 12, 12, 12 barely made it through these and the ROM was definitely shorter in the last few

45 degree Under hand Grip Incline barbell Front raise tempo 2-0-1-0 - 12 / 12 / 12 barely again and probably half ROM on last few of 2nd set and last half of 3rd BRUTAL!
45 Degree Incline Barbell Spider Curls 8, 8, 8 oh man these were ridiculous! Supinated as hard as possible through out ROM and 1 second of the negative was squeezing at the top...

Stretched biceps and chest for 15 minutes in the dry sauna!

Man I was so pumped up it was absolutely ridiculous.

I originally intended to take measurements Sunday but we had a pizza and ice cream night at the house and I added about 8 lbs so they would not be accurate. I will more than likely take some tomorrow or Wednesday so we have a more accurate starting point to compare things too. As far as pictures basically still the same as the previous pics except for the carb bloat I have on me right now. :)

Diet wise my target macros the next 2 weeks are 317p, 136c, and 118f for 2879 cals per day except for Sunday where I add in 250 grams of carbs on top of what is listed here!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will be trying that 2nd Super Set. Love some spider curls. So the underhand grip front raise is like a front delt and bicep move?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Will be trying that 2nd Super Set. Love some spider curls. So the underhand grip front raise is like a front delt and bicep move?
Yeah it is in a weird way you are nor really curling it but the effect seems to really hit the upper part of the biceps while stretching the lower and you do notice when failing that you start to bend your arms some. The combination of both was simply brutaliscious!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Brutal looking workout..Nice job!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was that the Workout 1 phase 1 looked like it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fuggin Cool ... this is gonna be a wild ride :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes it is I am still feeling the exhaustion from this morning. Tomorrow is gonna be a beast too! I guess that can be said for the next 40 days!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, it is pretty manageable till the the overreaching. After that it's all blood, guts and pain. I really loved it till the end where I was just surviving. That's whet is supposed to happen though.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Woohoo!! You killed day #1!! Awesome workout! Mmmmm pizza and icecream....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The first couple weeks are good for eats as you get the refeeds of 1000 cals on day 7 and 750 on day 14 then another 250 on day 15. Most should be carbs but you want some good quality in there too.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is a killer workout... this is what day 1 of mi40 2.0 looks like?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The first couple weeks are good for eats as you get the refeeds of 1000 cals on day 7 and 750 on day 14 then another 250 on day 15. Most should be carbs but you want some good quality in there too.
Yeah it looks like I will get plenty of food. Goals were 317p, 136c, 118p actual macros were 316p, 137c, 120f,
That is a killer workout... this is what day 1 of mi40 2.0 looks like?
Yes Sir this is workout #1 It just starts out with work!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's pretty darn close!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's pretty darn close!
It is the fine tuning of the cream of rice and protein shakes that do it. By the way anyone wanting an amazing protein Body Nutrition Trutein is now tops in my book! Red Velvet Cake!, Lemon Meringue, Mocha Caramel they are all frriggen amazing and you simply can not beat the profile. Complete Milk Isolate, high grade whey, and egg protein for a mixture of 40 casien, 40 whey half of which is isolate half high grade concentrate whey, and 20% egg white. The flavors forget it just top notch. Oh yeah and the come with probiotics and digestive enzymes! Only 4 grams of carbs and 2.5 of that is fiber!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Taking that weekend off really gets you hungry to hit the program running hard. Time for fun!

Will have to try the Trutein; sounds delish and more than a few on here have vouched for it.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Taking that weekend off really gets you hungry to hit the program running hard. Time for fun! Will have to try the Trutein; sounds delish and more than a few on here have vouched for it.
Sh!t I forgot about the trutein.. I just ordered tn whey and hbcd

turff49

turff49

Awards
Trutein, let's see, right now I have red velvet, vanilla bean, and orange creamsicle. One of my favorites and one of the sites had it on sale just a few weeks ago for $42 for 4lb tubs. The Orange Creamsicle is my favorite!

Stellar workouts in here Kleen! Man, it's going to really be something when you hit the "meat" of the program. Think everyone better buckle in for a wild ride!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MI40X Phase 1 Workout 2 Back Rear Delts and Triceps

Taking that weekend off really gets you hungry to hit the program running hard. Time for fun!

Will have to try the Trutein; sounds delish and more than a few on here have vouched for it.
it is the bees knees!
Sh!t I forgot about the trutein.. I just ordered tn whey and hbcd
I won't order whey from trhere so long as Trutein is available. Just as good of quality and flavoring is FAR SUPERIOR!!!!! Last I looked even with the discounts the HBCD is cheaper in the big tub of vitargo... especially when you consider the shipping from there is steep.
Trutein, let's see, right now I have red velvet, vanilla bean, and orange creamsicle. One of my favorites and one of the sites had it on sale just a few weeks ago for $42 for 4lb tubs. The Orange Creamsicle is my favorite!

Stellar workouts in here Kleen! Man, it's going to really be something when you hit the "meat" of the program. Think everyone better buckle in for a wild ride!
Thanks and no doubt. I was really wondering on the Orange Dreamsicle, I have been let down by that flavor on many occasions. I am going to take your word for it and pick it up on my next try. Lemon Meringue Pie is my current favorite. Then depending on mood Red Velvet Cake and Mocha Caramel are a tie. If you love Starbucks Caramel Frappachino then you will love the Mocha Caramel! OMG Man I know which one I am having at my 4:30 shake time!!!!

I have come to the realization that B-Pak is a sadistic phuck and his back workouts are his outlet for his sadistic nature!!!

Okay so here we go this one was just punishing!

Tempo on all lifts 4-0-1-0 unless noted otherwise, 40 seconds rest except on super sets then 40 seconds between supersets.

Seated Supinated Grip Cable rows to belly button - Tempo 4-0-2-2 (Sadistic!) 10 reps x 5 sets - Holy hell this is a serious way to start the workout!

Bent Over BB Rows with Outward Intentions - 14 / 10 / 7 / 7 / 10 / 14 - My lower back lower traps really didn't even know what was going on by the end of this... 6 sets on bent over rows with decently high reps... = DOING WORK!!!!

Assisted Neutral Grip Chin ups - 10, 10, 10 + NOS ( NOS = 3 drop sets) I was barely pulling anything by the end of the drops sets...

45 Degree Leaned Back Supinated Grip Lat Pull Downs w/ Inward intentions - 10 x 3

Bent Over DB & Cable Rear Lateral Raise (yes holding cables and DB's at same time) 15 x 3 sets

Super Set 1 - 3 rounds

Reverse Grip Triceps Exstensions - Tempo 4-0-2-2 (Sadistic again!)
Lying Triceps Extension x 7

I was a huge SUMBITCH when it was all said and done. This workout takes longer than the others for sure!!!!! Bigger muscles more angles to work them from equals hellish volume!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Contracting swoliosis by the time you leave the gym
Oh no I think I might be catching that!!!!
Too late he already has it.
Crap it has been confirmed!

Okay Ladies and gentlemen
Target macros for the day...

Protein 317, Carbs 136, fats 118 Calories 2879

Actual Macros
Protein 318, Carbs 140, Fats 112 Calories 2840 not a bad day on the food side! I can deal!

Tomorrow is Leg day and it looks painful!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are hitting those macros almost perfectly... impressive.