Kenpo Could Be Legendary

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 32: Legendary and Ferox. This workout is the heaviest Landmines lift to date. Both a weight and volume PR - Spent!

Quote: Speed is only good when wisdom leads the way.

Incline Chest OLAD

Total Lifted: 10500 lbs

Two handed Landmine Press

Set 1: 105x10 Bar plus 105lbs loaded
Set 2: 105x10
Set 3: 105x10
Set 4: 105x10
Set 5: 105x10
Set 6: 105x10
Set 7: 105x10
Set 8: 105x10
Set 9: 105x10
Set 10: 105x10 Yeahouch! Lol

Good Life and good lifting to you all!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Withdrawal headaches are the worst. I took two weeks off - it wasn't long enough to reset my system. The PWO on day 1 felt great but by day 3 it was back to just feeling OK.
Hmmm, you have me rethinking my plan. I was going for 2 weeks (16 days actually), but may try for 3-4 now.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
turff49

turff49

Awards
Yeah, not sure how you are doing the 40's, my delt's would rip out...lol
Multiple sets of 25's are taxing enough.
Fronts I can do up to about 35's if I'm feeling it. You gotta have some massive boulders!
I'll go about 8-12 on stim breaks....8-12hrs that is...lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
this is why americans are so fat...if you are poor it is much cheaper to feed kids twinkies hot dogs and potato chips than whole foods and fresh veggies...once eating habits are established.......
You can't get any cheaper than chicken, rice, and broccoli. Especially from all the bulk stores we now have.

I bet if you discounted healthier foods, the majority of the poor would still favor fried and fatty foods. It's programmed into us our whole lives unless you or a parent filters it.
a pack of cheap hot dogs can be bought for a buck, potato chips are 2 big bags for $5, throw in some little debbies and you have a meal for 4 kids....have you priced fresh veggies lately? geez, hamburger [the 70%] kind sells for more than T-bones did 10 years ago, and the minimum wage has not gone up since then....everytime they say something is good for you the price skyrockets!!!!

you are a smart guy...you know better than to say something dumb like that...the healthier the food the more expensive!!!!!
Daily I go into impoverished households, and they aren't eating $1 bulk hotdogs (by themselves) and chips. It's typically fried meat, pizza, and tasty heavy starches like potatoes or fries.

Sure, you can buy those things you mentioned cheaper (if you eat a single dog, X number of chips,etc.) if your goal was to conserve the best way financially as possible, but that's not the case, usually. At least not here.

And yeah, a good variety of healthy foods isn't cheap. It's America, and the thought of not having what your neighbor can have isn't an option to most.

Around here you can buy a full cooked or uncooked chicken for $4-$8. Boneless breast for .99-1.99#, depending on the amount. I don't know what rice costs exactly, but it's around $10/25#, lasting who knows how many months. I buy frozen spinach and broccoli at about the price of a box of twinkies that can last about a week or two.
I am sorry for my attitude, I know you are a good guy. I just wish more people were empathetic to those less fortunate. sometimes it seems to me that we as a country have become mean spirited, and this saddens me!!!!
In this one I have to agree with Thomas. That must sound weird when speaking to Tom. LOL

You can get massive bags of Rice, Beans and Potatoes for very very cheap and feed them healthier and more meals than the cheap hot dogs and chips mentioned. Whole chicken is also cheap. Vegetables are expensive but are also far from a requirement to not be overweight, or healthy for that matter.

I would venture to say that 70-75% of the physique conscious people on this board do not consume anywhere near the amount of vegetables that they probably should including myself.

Activity is free, so that is not an excuse. It really comes down to convenience, laziness, and poor food choices in general and not just for the impoverished but all overfat people.

Priorities are just different and hand outs are easier than ever to get. Most people are jaded over the abuse of the government aid systems, and that bleeds over into those who are actually trying and can't make ends meet unfortunately. I feel for all of those who are making an effort and having a hard time. I don't look down on them at all. I am empathetic to them.

However I won't make excuses for things that are choice based and not actually situation based. Eating poor food choices for convenience or pleasure is choice based. Starving due to lack of food or the money to get it is situation based. People being overweight are that way because they or their parents choose the wrong foods for a variety of reasons. That statement applies to all sects, regardless of the amount of income they have. No one who can not actually afford food is having obesity problems. That is simply false and blaming it on their situation instead of their choices enables them to feel they are a victim of their situation, and not in control of their choices which empowers no one.

The government used to govern the foods one could get from welfare. I stood in many a bread, bean and cheese line as a youngster. Never did I get handed a candy bar, hot dogs, the ability to buy fast food. I will say this government cheese was the best cheese ever!!!!! If we controlled what was bought to keep only whole food and bulk options we would have a healthier group of people on welfare. You can feed a family for a good while off of 25lbs of rice 25lbs of beans and 10 whole chickens and the price is about $150 in today's market. This is how my mom fed me and my 3 brothers & sisters day in and day out.

I also agree Tom that too many people are A$$holes about not caring for their fellow man. I totally feel you on that.

Yeah, not sure how you are doing the 40's, my delt's would rip out...lol
Multiple sets of 25's are taxing enough.
Fronts I can do up to about 35's if I'm feeling it. You gotta have some massive boulders!
I'll go about 8-12 on stim breaks....8-12hrs that is...lol
Yeah I wanna see a video of this!!!! Such a beast!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In this one I have to agree with Thomas. That must sound weird when speaking to Tom. LOL

You can get massive bags of Rice, Beans and Potatoes for very very cheap and feed them healthier and more meals than the cheap hot dogs and chips mentioned. Whole chicken is also cheap. Vegetables are expensive but are also far from a requirement to not be overweight, or healthy for that matter.

I would venture to say that 70-75% of the physique conscious people on this board do not consume anywhere near the amount of vegetables that they probably should including myself.

Activity is free, so that is not an excuse. It really comes down to convenience, laziness, and poor food choices in general and not just for the impoverished but all overfat people.

Priorities are just different and hand outs are easier than ever to get. Most people are jaded over the abuse of the government aid systems, and that bleeds over into those who are actually trying and can't make ends meet unfortunately. I feel for all of those who are making an effort and having a hard time. I don't look down on them at all. I am empathetic to them.

However I won't make excuses for things that are choice based and not actually situation based. Eating poor food choices for convenience or pleasure is choice based. Starving due to lack of food or the money to get it is situation based. People being overweight are that way because they or their parents choose the wrong foods for a variety of reasons. That statement applies to all sects, regardless of the amount of income they have. No one who can not actually afford food is having obesity problems. That is simply false and blaming it on their situation instead of their choices enables them to feel they are a victim of their situation, and not in control of their choices which empowers no one.

The government used to govern the foods one could get from welfare. I stood in many a bread, bean and cheese line as a youngster. Never did I get handed a candy bar, hot dogs, the ability to buy fast food. I will say this government cheese was the best cheese ever!!!!! If we controlled what was bought to keep only whole food and bulk options we would have a healthier group of people on welfare. You can feed a family for a good while off of 25lbs of rice 25lbs of beans and 10 whole chickens and the price is about $150 in today's market. This is how my mom fed me and my 3 brothers & sisters day in and day out.

I also agree Tom that too many people are A$$holes about not caring for their fellow man. I totally feel you on that.

Yeah I wanna see a video of this!!!! Such a beast!
chris...the saddest part is the holidays seem to bring out the worst in people. is it just me or do people seem more rude and even less courteous during the holidays?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
chris...the saddest part is the holidays seem to bring out the worst in people. is it just me or do people seem more rude and even less courteous during the holidays?
Absolutely agree. The Holidays are more of a time of stress and there is no longer much of a sense of community. Unfortunately all things are being polarized intentionally by the media now to creating unrest instead of joy and acceptance. At least once I get with family and friends I can have my unconditional love, thankfulness & peace that one should have during the holidays.

turff49

turff49

Awards
The media has caused more problems than any one incident in the past 20 years. Chaos sells and it's all about the money. Everything gets sensationalized to generate more viewing, and that drives the revenue on commercial sales.
And what sucks is its my generation that has caused it. Rant over....
Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A buddy posted online the other day that the holidays brings out a lot of bad memories for him and many others. That coupled with society overall just not being as polite as they used to be makes this the case, IMO.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holidays put extreme pressure on people to make them perfect! The media and commercials add to that by showing unrealistic scenes of happiness and plenty that just doesn't exist for most everyone. Sometimes you just want to throw a brick at the TV!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 33: Legendary and Ferox. Heaviest and highest volume weighted chest dips session. I felt this everywhere!

DQ: You are a human being not an actor in a commercial!

OLAD Chest Dips - I kicked its' arse today!!

Total Weight Lifted: 24500 lbs +1000

Chest Dip (Kissing the Bar)
Set 1 : 245x10 BW +85 lbs
Set 2 : 245x10
Set 3 : 245x10
Set 4 : 245x10
Set 5 : 245x10
Set 6 : 245x10
Set 7 : 245x10
Set 8 : 245x10
Set 9 : 245x10
Set 10 : 245x10. Asking the iron gods for help here!

Whew! Good life and good lifting to you all!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 33: Legendary and Ferox. Heaviest and highest volume weighted chest dips session. I felt this everywhere!

DQ: You are a human being not an actor in a commercial!

OLAD Chest Dips - I kicked its' arse today!!

Total Weight Lifted: 24500 lbs +1000

Chest Dip (Kissing the Bar)
Set 1 : 245x10 BW +85 lbs
Set 2 : 245x10
Set 3 : 245x10
Set 4 : 245x10
Set 5 : 245x10
Set 6 : 245x10
Set 7 : 245x10
Set 8 : 245x10
Set 9 : 245x10
Set 10 : 245x10. Asking the iron gods for help here!

Whew! Good life and good lifting to you all!!
Now here is an uplifting post! Way to crush it!!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always tons of volume!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 34: Ferox and Legendary. Invincible today but tired!

Late night with family. Only had 5 hours sleep!

DQ Food, family and friends!

OLAD Pull-ups

Total Lifted: 20790 lbs

Overhand Weighted Pull-ups
Set 1: 210x10 BW 160 plus 50 lb plates +5lbs
Set 2: 210x10
Set 3: 210x10
Set 4: 210x10
Set 5: 210x9. Mind started to say no! CTFletcher app opened and boom!
Set 6: 210x10
Set 7: 210x10
Set 8: 210x10
Set 9: 210x10
Set 10: 210x10

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Enjoy the day!!!!Good life and good lifting to you all!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fighting a cold and only doing ab work this morning. I posted my final review up in post 2. Thanks all for following along in my log!