JohnyQs winter lean bulk:Dermacrine,ZMK,Somnidren-GH,& leviathan reloaded -sponsored

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm getting just a few random floaters in my vision, my blood pressure may be elevated. I'll try and convince the wife to get a blood pressure test kit. other than that there have been zero sides.
my blood pressure is staying stable so far, i've been watching.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Hangover induced PR? Awesome, way to go! It looks like it was a good workout for sure.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
my blood pressure is staying stable so far, i've been watching.

sweet, my floaters have been few and far between, so I seem to be ok. It'd still be smart of me to get a tester, but I don't think anything is going on.

Hangover induced PR? Awesome, way to go! It looks like it was a good workout for sure.
:lol:

My friend was joking on me about it. He didn't realize hangovers helped you lift.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
12/17 Day 15

workout

Squat
12/15 ---today
135 x8 ---135 x5
185 x5 ---185 x3
195 x 3 ---
205 x 3 ---205x3
215 x 3 ---215x3
225x3 ----225x3
----------230x3
---------- 235x3
---------- 275x0* *short rep'd it 3 times, too scared to get low
--------- 255x1
--------- 265x0 (failure)

Bulgarian split squats w/DBs
12/15 -------today
40s x 8 ----- 45s x 8
40s x 8 ----- 45s x 8
40s x 6 ----- 45s x 8

Roman. deadlift
12/15------today
135x8 -----155x10
155x8 -----185x8
155x8 -----185x8

Calves

cardio
none.....

dosing
standard

Stats:

Weight: 182 (+1)

Overall feelings:

Everything went up significantly since last week:dance:

PR for 3RM and 1RM squat. I think I was close to being able to do 275, I will do heavy singles next week and get it. Support lifts went up a lot as well.

I think the cold and early darkness finally got to me last night, I didn't feel up for the gym. Managed to move off the couch and take my leviathanRL, and felt great and ready to hit the gym after that. Managed to have one of the best days in a long time.

Sleep has still be great, and leviathanRL is still heating me up a lot during the day. My mood/energy have been excellent other than that one issue last night of feeling tired after work.

I'll be sure to get some cardio in tonight. The cold has been convincing me not to go out and run or longboard, stupid winter.

Last edited:
Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Nice PRs and a very solid leg session. Great job!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support, you guys rock. I've been trying to get my squat out of the "sissy" range, and have had pretty much no luck until last week. Very excited to see some solid gains.

I need to start doing box squats, and hopefully push 300 by the end of january. I have a beer on the line; a bet with a friend on the first to get 350/350 squat/deadlift. My deadlift is almost there, my squat has been abysmal. :lol:

No real soreness today, just a nice feeling of tightness in my legs as a good reminder of the workout.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
12/18 Day 16

workout

DB incline Bench
target: max reps
50s x20
50s x 13
50s x 11

Pulls ups, super set scarecrows
12/11---------------- Today
x11 SS 10sx8 ------x12 SS 15sx8
x8 SS 10sx8 ------x8 SS 15sx4
x8 SS 10sx8 ------x8 SS 15sx4

DB Mil press
12/11 ----today
40sx12 -----45sx10
45sx10 -----45sx8
45s x 8 -----45sx6
45s x 6 -----45sx5

DB shrugs, SS incline DB curls
75x10 SS 35sx
75sx8 SS 35sx6
75sx8 SS 35sx5

Hanging leg raises
x12
x12
x10
x10

Dosing

Standard

stats
weight: 181 (+0)

Overall feelings:

Solid workout, no significant increases/decreases.

Today is an off day and I plan to hit a good 3 mile run. I've been really lax about the cardio since I think last thursday...

Something I might go ahead and mention is that I'm prone to acne and have had very few issues on this stack. I don't know if it is because something is helping it (somnidrenGH I'm sure), or if nothing is hurting it (hormones that increase acne aren't raised enough?).

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
only got in 15 minutes of cardio yesterday, and another 15 at lunch today.

My appetite has really increased this week. I get hungry every 2 hours no matter how much I ate the previous meal. I'm doing a decent job of getting the extra calories in with an ok diet (I eat too many carbs, but haven't been eating any junk food). I'm STILL leaning out I think, even with the extra food. If I get around to it, I'll post an update photo, but more than likely I'll save it for the end.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
12/20 Day 18

workout
Box Squats
Warmup
115 x 20
135 x 15
145 x 10
145 x 10
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5

Reverse lunges, front foot raised
12/11........today
40s x8 ...... 40s x9
40sx6 ...... 40s x8
30s x 7 ...... 40s x 8

Pull throughs
90x10
100x10
100x9

dosing

Standard.

cardio
15 minutes at lunchtime, longboarding to work.
15 minutes at evening, longboarding from work.
15 minutes HIIT on elliptical after workout

Stats:

Weight: 183 (+2)

Overall feelings:

Changed up the workout today. instead of box jumps, I did box squats (for the first time). I had to have spent at least 30 minutes doing just squats, I felt like I could have gone on forever.

Did some solid cardio/HIITs on the elliptical post workout.

I think the recovery aspect of somnidrenGH has really hit me. I no longer feel like I NEED days off like I used to, in fact I'm really considering trying to squeeze in 5 days a week. I just feel constantly ready to go, with no stress; like I'm 17 again I guess. Certainly the mood and energy effects from leviathan RL are amplifying this sensation.

And cardio is just insanely easy now, I wish the motivation to do it was the same :lol:

I can't make it to the gym tomorrow, I'm driving up to PA to pick up some dogs that need rescued from a shelter. I'll make it up on saturday or sunday. Until then....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure, I recently changed my 4 days a week workout into 3 days out of 5 instead (same exercises, same rep counts) and where before somnidren there were weeks where the rest days didn't seem enough, now i'm all good with only 2 per rotation, and only 1 in a row each time. Its nice to be that rested :)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I lied, I got a small workout in today before I left. Did weighted pull ups instead of heavy bench to change it up a little bit.

Workout

weighted pull ups

+25x3
+35x3
+35x3
+35x3
+40x3
+40x2
+45x2
+45x2

Weighted dips

+45x5
+45x5
+45x5

Incline DB bench

45sx15
45sx14

BB shrugs

135x11
185x8
185x8
185x8
185x8

BB curls

95x6
95x4
85x6

Not much to note today. I am developing a tiny bit of acne on my shoulders, no biggie.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
update for sunday and monday

12/23 Day 21

workout 12/23
This was an extra workout since I have been feeling recovered and ready to go lately.

Did a crossfit kind of thing

squats: Bodyweight (180lbs) x 25 total in however many sets
bb mil press: 1/2 BW (90lbs) x 25 total
Deadlift: BW (180lbs) x 25 total

Total time to complete: 22minutes

Then I did a number of body building movements that I haven't done in a while. cable crossovers, curls, pulldowns, etc

workout 12/24
Good mornings
95x3
105x3
135x3
145x3
145x3
135x3
135x3
135x3

Reverse lunges, front foot raised
40x8
40x8
45x8

Pull throughs
100x10
110x8
110x8

calve work

abs
dosing

Standard.

Stats:

Overall feelings:

Two hard days in a row, and I'm really feeling it!

Gym is closed today (christmas), so I'm going to go on a run, and take a day off from lifting.

Everything is going great, weight is going up, strength is up, don't feel any fatter.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
12/26 Day 24

workout

DB bench, flat
60x15
60x14
60x9

Pull ups, superset scarecrows
x11 SS 45sx8
x8 SS 45sx6
x8 SS 45sx6

DB mil press
45x8
45sx8
45sx6

DB incline curls, Superset db shrugs
35sx8 SS 75sx10
35sx7 SS 70x10
35sx6 SS 70x8

farmers walk
with 50s, 1 circuit, took 5 reps

cardio
20 minutes post workout, on the elliptical

dosing

Standard.

Stats:

Overall feelings:

Christmas break is killing me. Meeting up with friends from years back and drinking too much beer! I mean, its been great, but I'm scared for my after pictures. At least I'm still getting my time in the gym.

I only have 2 days of leviathan RL left. I'm a little nervous about coming off of it. The daily caffeine, and the amazing mood from it, all abruptly ending. Doesn't sound fun.

I'm heading off for a snow boarding trip today. The snowboarding will count for the second lower body workout this week, and I'lllmy second upper body day in on saturday or sunday. I'll try and hit some cardio before I leave. So expect me back in the log no sooner than saturday. Until then...

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
i hear you on the christmas break killing ya, food is punishing me bad. I dont think you will have a hard time coming off of the caffeine from reloaded, you will miss the euphoric feeling im sure. Great log bro

12/26 Day 24

workout

DB bench, flat
60x15
60x14
60x9

x11 SS 45sx8
x8 SS 45sx6
x8 SS 45sx6

DB mil press
45x8
45sx8
45sx6

DB incline curls, Superset db shrugs
35sx8 SS 75sx10
35sx7 SS 70x10
35sx6 SS 70x8

farmers walk
with 50s, 1 circuit, took 5 reps

cardio
20 minutes post workout, on the elliptical

dosing

Standard.

Stats:

Overall feelings:

Christmas break is killing me. Meeting up with friends from years back and drinking too much beer! I mean, its been great, but I'm scared for my after pictures. At least I'm still getting my time in the gym.

I only have 2 days of leviathan RL left. I'm a little nervous about coming off of it. The daily caffeine, and the amazing mood from it, all abruptly ending. Doesn't sound fun.

I'm heading off for a snow boarding trip today. The snowboarding will count for the second lower body workout this week, and I'lllmy second upper body day in on saturday or sunday. I'll try and hit some cardio before I leave. So expect me back in the log no sooner than saturday. Until then...

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
12/30 Day 28

workout

BB flat Bench
previous w/o -------- today
185x3---------------185x3
195x3---------------
205x3---------------205x3
215x3---------------215x3
225x2---------------225x3 3RM PR
---------------------230x2
---------------------235x1

incline DB bench
previous w/o------today
50sx15 ----------45x17
50sx12-----------45x15
50sx11

BB rows superset delt flyes
155x8 10sx10
155x8 10sx10
155x7 10sx10
185x8 10sx10

BB shrugs
205x8
205x6
205x6

BB curls
95x6
95x6
95x5
85x6

Dosing

Standard

stats

weight: 184 (+3lbs)

Overall feelings:

My bench 3RM went up 10 pounds. I can definitely feel it today, shoulders feel beat up. My strength has gone up in all lifts this month, very happy with that.

Leviathan is completely out, this morning was the first time not taking it. I definitely notice its missing, feel mildly tired now and a cup of coffee didn't help much. I'll post full review with the others at the end of my run (which is coming soon).

I'll try and get my updated pics soon. I definitely have put on a little bit of fat, but I don't feel it was excessive.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout and congrats on the PR! Plus you still slammed out 235 for a single. Way to go!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
12/30 Day 27

workout

Box Squat
warmup
225x3
230x1 (not sure what happened)
225x3
230x3
235x2
245x1

split squats
45sx8
45sx8

ran out of time, had to go prepare for a new years party.

Stats:

Weight: 184 (+3)

Overall feelings:

First time doing heavy box squats, going about 1" below parallel while the trainer next to us was going about 1ft above parallel :lol:

workout felt good, but had to be cut short.

So today (jan 2) I'm finally (?) back into work, and thus on a regular schedule. Cardio and diet went to crap w/o the consistent schedule, and because of that I did see some fat gain. Not too worried about it, but I do feel bad about ending the log in this condition. Hopefully the muscle gains will make up for it, and my end pictures won't look bad.

Dermacrine has 1-3 days left. I probably have a week of somnidren-GH and ZMK left. I'm not sure how I'll approach this log at that point, as it will be time to start dermacrine sustain. If I wasn't broke from christmas I'd just buy more and run them for another full month, but most of us probably share that problem. I can at least give a fair assessment of all the products at this point, which is what is most important.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
1/2 Day 29

workout

DB flat bench
warmup
60sx15
60sx13
60sx10

x10 SS15sx8
x8 SS15sx6
x7 SS10sx10
x6 SS10s x8

DB Mil press
45sx10
45sx7
45sx6

DB Shrugs superset skullcrushers
75sx10 SS 50on small bar x8
75sx8 SS 50on small bar x8
75sx8 SS 50on small bar x8

DB incline curls
35x8
35x7
35x6

BB forearm curls
65x10
65x8
65x6

Stats:

Weight: 185 (+4)

Overall feelings:

I saw some small gains today, nothing exciting.

Getting good sleep with the somnidren-GH/zmk, especially now that I'm back on a real schedule. It's tough waking up after almost 2 weeks off of work though!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established

Overall feelings:

I saw some small gains today, nothing exciting.
HaHa, wait until you are my age. Any gain regardless of size is always celebrated :D

Great job!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
HaHa, wait until you are my age. Any gain regardless of size is always celebrated :D

Great job!
I think I was withholding enthusiasm because my pull ups max keeps dropping slowly. Undoubtedly the extra weight I'm carrying. I definitely appreciate the support though!

I'm finally back into the cardio groove. I forgot to mention I hit the elliptical for 20 minutes last night, and just skated into work after lunch in spite of the cold weather...it was invigorating. I wish I still had leviathan left, but maybe I can rescue some pride before I snap my final pictures anyways :lol:

I think I'll go ahead and write my final review for leviathan-RL and link it from here

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
1/3 Day 30

workout

Good mornings
95x10
115x10
125x10
125x8
125x8

box squat into box jumpes
8 sets of 3 reps

Reverse lunge, foot raised, weighted
45sx8
45sx7
45sx6

pull throughs
120x12
130x10
140x8

hanging leg raises
x15
x12
x10
x10

Cardio

15 minutes skating to work

Stats:

Weight: 184 (+3)

Overall feelings:

Played with the workout a little bit, did some good mornings first. Felt great, definitely feeling my lower body today from this week.

Took some leftover R4W (2) last night preworkout since leviathanRL is out. Surprisingly it kept me up last night. It was either that, or my mind was racing from the huckabee win last night :rant:

I took my last dose of dermacrine this morning. I'll start the sustain tomorrow.

ZMK/somnidren-GH will take this log probably until tuesday, then I'll close it out. I don't think I'll keep a log on sustain, I need a break.

Since its been a while since I said anything, I'll give a brief recap which will help me write my final review later.

leviathan reloaded: Incredible mood effects, I felt great on it. The energy was subtle, not once did I get jittery or crash. When I was on top of my cardio, I did lean out, even lost some waist size at first with a gain on the scale.

ZMK/Somnidren-GH: Sleep has been really great. I can fall asleep easy, and I stay asleep with crazy dreams. After about 2 weeks I felt so recovered I could add in an extra workout day with no problem. ZMK seems to also help with recovery from alcohol consumption, something I practiced a lot during the holidays. The alcohol did however seem to hinder the GH release, which slowed down the recovery effects.

After dosing the somnidren-GH, I would get the shortness of breath and tingles.

Dermacrine: Does seem to have its own very mild mood boost. It was very likely the biggest reason for my boost in strength along with the extra calories, which I was very happy with. I added a lot of weight to my squats, and a few pounds to my bench, after almost 2 months of plateau (no increases).

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, glad you like it!

Saturdays workout was a fitness test in the same fashion as a crossfit workout. A competition amongst some friends just started this week. It will run for 2 months, and the person with the best improvement wins.

For time:

Squats (bodyweight)185lbs x25 reps (9,7, 5, 4)
Mil press (1/2 BW) 90lbs x 25 reps (8,5,3,3,3,3)
Deadlift (bodyweight) 185lbs x 25reps (15, 10)

time to complete: 20:22

That is a TWO minute improvement since December 26th. :D

I was really beat after that, so I only followed it up with a few minor lifts.

Today I'm going to do max singles in squats, wish me luck :)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, glad you like it!

Saturdays workout was a fitness test in the same fashion as a crossfit workout. A competition amongst some friends just started this week. It will run for 2 months, and the person with the best improvement wins.

For time:

Squats (bodyweight)185lbs x25 reps (9,7, 5, 4)
Mil press (1/2 BW) 90lbs x 25 reps (8,5,3,3,3,3)
Deadlift (bodyweight) 185lbs x 25reps (15, 10)

time to complete: 20:22

That is a TWO minute improvement since December 26th. :D

I was really beat after that, so I only followed it up with a few minor lifts.

Today I'm going to do max singles in squats, wish me luck :)
blahhh squats always make me sick...lol

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
1/7

workout

Squat

warmup
225x1
245x1
255x1
260xFAIL (!?)
not to be discouraged, I bumped up the weight anyways
265x1
275x1 massive PR

Bulgarian split squats w/DBs
40sx8x8x7

SLDLs
185x7
185x6
185x6

high rep ab circuit

Overall feelings:

That is about a 40 pound gain on my squat in one month. I was very happy to pull it off.

End of log pictures:

12/3

1/7

12/03

1/7

The changes in my body composition are starting to get to the point where I need better (more consistent) photog and flexing skills to capture them. It looks to me like I lost some fat off my stomach.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It does look like you're loosing stomach fat. Keep it going man, nothing good happens over night. It's a commitment to your health and lean muscle mass. It will only get better if you stick with it, and train hard man!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Squat

275x1 massive PR

That is about a 40 pound gain on my squat in one month. I was very happy to pull it off.
A 40 pound increase in a month is awesome and definately something to be proud about. Way to go! :squat:

I can definately tell you are losing some body fat too. Keep up the great work!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
A 40 pound increase in a month is awesome and definately something to be proud about. Way to go! :squat:

I can definately tell you are losing some body fat too. Keep up the great work!
I'm incredibly happy with the gains. I had very little gains in strength the previous two months, it was great seeing everything go up again.

The log is officially over. I'll try and write final reviews soon. Thank you millennium and PAL for the opportunity, I really appreciate. Hope everyone enjoyed the log.