Its time to Osta Shred

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1 of PHAT... went with back and shoulders which a was an interesting combo. Something I hadn't tried before when pairing things and I have to say I liked it. Went retty easy on shoulders since they were just worked hard 2 days ago. Overall the routine was kind of thrown together on the spot today but it was more to get a feel for the sets and reps... one thing that feels odd to me is doing only like 2 sets for an exercise so I'll have to get used to that.

Weight hasn't been moving at all the last couple weeks really (fluctuing a couple pounds up and down so the avg is prob totally stagnant), even with some overfeeding on vacation for a couple days, as well as some underfeeding when I returned. I'm honestly really disappointed in the total lack of help the osta has offered in the weight loss dept. I had much higher hopes for it acutally "helping" some. Over the next couple weeks I'm going to really clamp down and get into a pretty heavy deficit and try to drop some quick weight. Once I see some solid progress in the mirror then I will being to back off but something has to move here as it's been far too long "cutting" and not having much to show for it.
Is osta supposed to have fat burning properties specifically Like t3 or trenbolone

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is osta supposed to have fat burning properties specifically Like t3 or trenbolone
I wouldn't put it anywhere near those, but I was under the impression (and this is total bro science thinking) that simply by increasing the anabolic environment that it should help.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight hasn't been moving at all the last couple weeks really (fluctuing a couple pounds up and down so the avg is prob totally stagnant), even with some overfeeding on vacation for a couple days, as well as some underfeeding when I returned. I'm honestly really disappointed in the total lack of help the osta has offered in the weight loss dept. I had much higher hopes for it acutally "helping" some.
Used Osta stacked with MK-677 and Cardarine. I did loose fat but NOT weight. IMHO, all anabolics promote mass -caloric restriction and cardio burns fat.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Used Osta stacked with MK-677 and Cardarine. I did loose fat but NOT weight. IMHO, all anabolics promote mass -caloric restriction and cardio burns fat.
This is true but I'm not seeing the body comp changes either so that's the big issue right now.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is true but I'm not seeing the body comp changes either so that's the big issue right now.
Saw your before-after pics, no change I could see. Truly strange. Would have expected more from this cycle.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Saw your before-after pics, no change I could see. Truly strange. Would have expected more from this cycle.
Ya I saw more in the first few weeks then I have in the last few. Good start but poor finish

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Day 2 on PHAT was legs... again, the low set number for each exercise threw me off a bit but I'll get used to it... or change it ha.
Weighed 191.1 this morning and was soft and bloated as I have been the last few days... this absolutely should NOT be the case as the last two days have been super low carb and cal. Gotta think theres some deeper, hormonal/suppression, issue that is causing the end of this run to sputter. Last dose was this morning so I'll post up my final review tomorrow... I've already come up with a title: "a tale of two cycles" haha

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course I find this when you're shutting it down! You have another log planned? Have u run PHAT before? I always enjoy it

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for final review. Did I miss the before/after pics?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tale of two cycles, that's funny. Look forward to final review.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Of course I find this when you're shutting it down! You have another log planned? Have u run PHAT before? I always enjoy it
I don't have any other log planned ATM. I've never run it as prescribed, but i did a modified 6-day version (basically a power/hyper PPL) all fall and winter and friggin LOVED it. Best gains of my life and enjoyed every session

In for final review. Did I miss the before/after pics?
I had some from a couple weeks ago and the start but not full start-finish yet

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You guys will get a kick out of the convo that started my day this morning with the gf:

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Before and afters:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431003305.321071.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431003324.079128.jpg

My thoughts: while it is noticeable that there has been a decrease in bf, it's far less than I would have expected in 8 weeks. Some additional definition but really nothing too impressive. I would consider the results based on these pics very underwhelming. Full review to follow.

1kerry

Awards
recomp all the way, I see your arms are bigger...seems like the anabolic-effecto from osta allows you to drop more calories than the traditional 250-300 calls under maint without loosing muscle....Right now Im running my 5th week of my cutting cycle...only150-200 cals under-maint, and just added alphamine and ABE 2 weeks ago, and already down 7lbs and my arm's measure remains the same...

after finishing 2 bottles of each supp I will start OStarine...hope it helps me keep muscle...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Osta Shred Final Review - A tale of two cycles

Starting Stats:
Weight - 193.6lb
Est. BF% - 17

Ending Stats:
Weight - 191.1lb (- 2.5)
Est BF% - 15-16 (- 1-2)

Highlights:
- Solid muscle retention... seemingly ZERO muscle loss while in a calorie deficit
- Improved mood (first half of cycle)
- Greatly improved sleep (first half of cycle)
- Moderate joint/tendon feeling improvement (nothing crazy, but some injuries seemed a bit better)
- Fat loss on par with diet (first half of cycle)

Lowlights:
- Lack of fat loss (second half of cycle)
- Lethargy (especially mornings and afternoons - second half of cycle)
- Complete loss of libido (second half of cycle)
- Lack of quality sleep (second half of cycle)
- Bloating (on and off throughout, nearly continuous in the second half)
- Loss of strength (throughout cycle)

Thoughts:
So, as you can see from the highlights/lowlights above (or if you've been reading/following along) this cycle was like night and day difference depending on where in the timeline you look. The first few weeks (4-5) were mostly as advertised - improved mood, sleep, fat loss, etc.; Then, for whatever reason (from my experience I would attribute this to the beginning of suppression) the effects seemed to not only diminish, but to disappear completely, and even go backwards a bit. This seemed to continue through the end of my cycle and as I write this I feel that this is certainly a case of suppression getting the better of my body and the osta no longer being able to outwork my natural hormone imbalance. It seems that somewhere around week 4-5 the suppression effects began to take over and the sides/problems became apparent. my ratings below refelct my overall thoughts on the ENTIRE cycle (which is an average of the goods and bads through the stages).

Ratings:
Muscle retention - 5/5 : the hands-down best aspect of this product. I both look and feel as big as I did on day 1, even with some fat loss and a constant deficit throughout the entire cycle
Fat Loss - 1/5 : even at its high point, this was not an area that I progressed in very quickly. All of the losses could be attributed to diet alone
Mood/"feel" - 2/5 : the earlier on in the cycle, the better this was... while I was never in a "bad" mood, the effects were non-existent by the end. The lethargy that came on later in the cycle was quite unexpected and not very pleasant.
Sleep - 3/5 - early to mid point of the cycle was the high point for this... as the cycle went on, it got worse and worse until it was actually below "normal" for me. At the high point thouhgh, this was one of the most enjoyable parts of the run (deep sleep, vivid dreams, waking refreshed, etc). At the low, quality was down, dreams were rare(er) than normal, and mornings were a struggle to get out of bed.
Strength - 0/5 : I had hoped to keep most if not all of my strength while cutting, but this was painfully apparent from early on. All maxes went down significantly, pretty much on par for a heavy cut for me.
Sides - 1/5 : The only reason I rate this as a 1 is that there were barely any for the first few weeks... However, once the cycle was well on its way, issues began coming along regularly. The level of suppression that I feel (judging by libido, lethargy, sleep, strength, etc) is surprisingly high. This was one of the biggest disappointments for me as I did not expect to have nearly as much of an issue as things ended up getting to.

Overall Rating: 2/5
-The amount of sides and the level of (assumed) suppression in the latter half of the cycle, paired with lack of fat loss and overall strength loss was the major reasoning behind the low rating. If the cycle had only been 4 weeks, this would have received a 3-4, but running the product as-designed/directed, this was not the case. My thoughts are that the dose of osta (25mg) is probably too high for this long (8 week) of a cycle, which lead to the issues in the latter weeks. I would not purchase this product to run as directed. If I were to run osta (or ostashred specifically) again, I would dose it lower (15-20mg max) and for a shorter duration (4-5 weeks). From what I've experienced, this product, unfortunately, offers only slightly better sides than a true ph/ds or mild steroid cycle, while not offering any or nearly as much in the way of benefits/gains (strength/size/fat loss/etc).

Thank you to Afi140 and strong supplement shop for the opportunity to run this. Even though it was not what I had hoped for, it was a good learning experience nonetheless.

I'll keep checking the log here for a couple weeks in case anyone has any questions or thoughts... Feel free to critique and comment on whatever! Thans for following along.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appreciate it brother. Abs and tri's are substantially more pronounced in the pics. Glad to have your honest feedback and thoroughness. It's much needed in this industry. I still see good progress and it sounds like 4 week runs would be good for you. Thanks again!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Appreciate it brother. Abs and tri's are substantially more pronounced in the pics. Glad to have your honest feedback and thoroughness. It's much needed in this industry. I still see good progress and it sounds like 4 week runs would be good for you. Thanks again!
I totally agree. There were some great things, just the total package was a bit off. Results are what count though so it is what it is. Always willing to experiment and learn ;)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
btw-congrats on that sns gig! just noticed in your sig. i am normally on mobile

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
btw-congrats on that sns gig! just noticed in your sig. i am normally on mobile
Thanks man! I usually am too and the new app doesn't show them anymore.

Hercules1982

Hercules1982

Awards
I am doing an Osta + X1-kt cycle. 6 weeks into it, 2 weeks left. Strength has been maintained, while I have lost 4 kg. All of the weight loss is fat, muscle mass fully maintained. Very pleased so far :)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice man-i love both but have never ran them together. glad you're enjoying the recomp! just in time for summer ;)

1kerry

Awards
I am doing an Osta + X1-kt cycle. 6 weeks into it, 2 weeks left. Strength has been maintained, while I have lost 4 kg. All of the weight loss is fat, muscle mass fully maintained. Very pleased so far :)
HOW MANY CALS UNDER MAINTENANCE BRO?

How about after gym PUMPS? VASCULARITY?

Hercules1982

Hercules1982

Awards
HOW MANY CALS UNDER MAINTENANCE BRO?

How about after gym PUMPS? VASCULARITY?
Around 500 cals per day below maintenance.
Pumps are good, but what impresses me the most is the recovery rate. I'm doing intense workouts lasting 70 - 95 min, mainly based on Jim Stoppani's Super Shredded 8 programme. So far this month I have completed 22 workouts on 25 days. Today I trained for the 9th consecutive day and I had PBs on several exercises.

What is important with Osta and ketotest is to at least have a cycle of 7 weeks (I will do 8 weeks), as the visual improvements come late. My breakthrough came in week 5-6.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Around 500 cals per day below maintenance.
Pumps are good, but what impresses me the most is the recovery rate. I'm doing intense workouts lasting 70 - 95 min, mainly based on Jim Stoppani's Super Shredded 8 programme. So far this month I have completed 22 workouts on 25 days. Today I trained for the 9th consecutive day and I had PBs on several exercises.

What is important with Osta and ketotest is to at least have a cycle of 7 weeks (I will do 8 weeks), as the visual improvements come late. My breakthrough came in week 5-6.
Interesting as my last few weeks were the ones where I felt the worst. Just felt like the sides outweighed the benefits at that stage. Early-mid I felt great but weeks 6-8 were pretty much just bad.

Hercules1982

Hercules1982

Awards
Interesting as my last few weeks were the ones where I felt the worst. Just felt like the sides outweighed the benefits at that stage. Early-mid I felt great but weeks 6-8 were pretty much just bad.
What sides did you experience? I may have some signs of (low) lethargy, but fighting it off with caffeine / yohimbine.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What sides did you experience? I may have some signs of (low) lethargy, but fighting it off with caffeine / yohimbine.
Just read my final review (up a couple posts). It outlines everything

Hercules1982

Hercules1982

Awards
hercules progress osta 11 kt small.png

Finished my 54-day cycle a few days ago. Used 2.4 bottles of 11-kt and guess I averaged about 25mg / day of Ostabol. The pic to the left is before the cycle, then 5 weeks, 6 weeks, and at the end of the cycle.
Very pleased with the result. Kept my strength and lost 5.5kg, which according to my estimates are fat only. Waistline decreased from 90 cm to 81.5cm.

Hercules1982

Hercules1982

Awards
As for the sides, I guess I may have slight signs of lethargy the last weeks, but hard to say if this was due to the compounds or the large calori deficit combined with limited sleep and insane workhours. No headaches or other sides though.

My gameplan now is to have 5-6 weeks of PCT with solid training and maintenance calories. Then I will do a 700-900 mg 11-andro cycle with 25 mg Ostabol, recomp / light cut. If anybody has an idea what 2mg x1-kt compares to in terms of no of mg of 11-andro / 11-oxo, please let me know.

300Fan

Awards
booneman77, would you agree that your final results could be due to you focusing on exercising combined with dieting/less calories? Or do you feel that the Osta Shred really helped? Not trying to rein on your thread but just asking an education question.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77, would you agree that your final results could be due to you focusing on exercising combined with dieting/less calories? Or do you feel that the Osta Shred really helped? Not trying to rein on your thread but just asking an education question.
Honestly, the only "result" I saw was muscle retention... other than that, weight and fat loss were next to nothing so I would credit the OS with retention, but otherwise I would not use it again for a cutting cycle. There are things that will give the same or better retention or even gain with the same or less sides.

Timjt

Timjt

Awards
I am about to start my ostra shred cycle too I'm am pretty gyno prone considering I've gotten it before for should I pick up some nolva to add to my pct?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am about to start my ostra shred cycle too I'm am pretty gyno prone considering I've gotten it before for should I pick up some nolva to add to my pct?
Yes and have an ai on hand incase. Should be good but if you're prone take precautionary measures and be prepared.

Timjt

Timjt

Awards
What AI should I pick up for it? And just take the AI if I develop any on cycle and keep nolva for pct?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Osta shred has arimistane which may or may not act as an ai on cycle. You shouldn't have any gyno issues with osta tbh. If you can get pharma grade ai you could have it on stand by.

j.boogie

j.boogie

Awards
Just finished this whole thread very informative. I'm about to start my osta shred as well with hydroxelite. But I'm thinking of stacking it with a nice mass builder after reading this.

st921

Awards
I had no problems with osta shred, was a nice easy first cycle. Didn't use ai and had no problems with gyno. Pct was basic oct with daa..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Olympus Labs UK 10
CorpKiller Anabolics 1
Anabolics 14
Tank999 Supplement Auction 0
Supplements 13