Insulin Resistance & The Drug Metformin

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, peptides such as GHRP / CJC-1295 / Hexarelin / Ipamorelin are growth hormone secretagogues. They promote the secretion of growth hormone in dose-dependent amounts. There is a section of this forum dedicated to them.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tbh I think he needs his diet in check before going the GH route.
Definitely. I wouldn't suggest using them now. People need a lot of experience before getting into any form of GH, especially peptides. But peps are certainly much cheaper than straight HGH.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Yes, peptides such as GHRP / CJC-1295 / Hexarelin / Ipamorelin are growth hormone secretagogues. They promote the secretion of growth hormone in dose-dependent amounts. There is a section of this forum dedicated to them.
My knowledge of AAS and ancillaries is weak at best, my knowledge of peptides is nil.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lots of time to research! Never rush into anything :) I think carb cycling will work well for you

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Lots of time to research! Never rush into anything :) I think carb cycling will work well for you
Thank you for all the help. I've been taking the Biotine for the past 3 days but Im still waiting on the Burn24. Also, I miscalculated my breakfast this morning and so far I am up to 87.76g of Carbs. But it's still only 27.5% of my entire caloric intake so far which is way lower than my previous diets where my carbs were between 45%-55% of my caloric intakes. Also, I find that this very low carb diet is more tolerable than the zero carb diet and amazingly more tolerable than a say 45% carb diet because once I get to the 40%-45% area my body starts to cry for more carbs, where, for some reason at 20%-25% it's not. Isn't that weird?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Likely your body is getting used to burning fat for fuel when you're in the very low carb range. That's why a cyclical ketogenic diet is so useful, especially for carb sensitive people.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Likely your body is getting used to burning fat for fuel when you're in the very low carb range. That's why a cyclical ketogenic diet is so useful, especially for carb sensitive people.
So should I stay on this low carb diet, or cycle and if so, what cycle?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do some research on "cyclical ketogenic diet". That's the diet I recommend for anyone who is carb sensitive.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
This may be a stupid question but vegetables have some carbs, in fact, as I told you before I went over a little with my breakfast and have tried to have no carbs the rest of the day but I had mushrooms and artichokes (the latter helps take sugar out of your blood) and while the carbs are minimal, they do have carbs. So far today I have had 96.66g of carbs but only 84g were from starches.

By the way, I'm still feeling great. Carbs have been only 24% of my diet today, 12% yesterday, 25% the day before and 42% the day before that. I also tested myself today and I went from 13.6% body fat to 13%. While I think that's nice, I wont be impressed until I break the 10.6% barrier.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dude.. just eat trace carbs for mon and tues. then you can have salads with veggies on weds thurs. on Friday you can have an apple or banana before your final work out of the week. then carb up over the weekend.
I don't see how you can NOT do that... I cant make it any more simple than that.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah my usual meals on this diet are typically made up of a lot of salads and meat, lots of olive oil in the salads. Steaks n such, nice fatty cuts. My favorite low carb meal is a huge steak and homemade caeser salad (0 carb creamy caeser dressing, chicken and bacon on romaine). It's a pretty fulfilling meal haha.. usually post workout for me though.

You can easily do a search for lower carb veggies. Broccoli, spinach, asparagus, there's plenty to choose from. I tend to keep them green.

My breakfasts are usually 5-6 whole egg omelettes, with mushrooms, green peppers and spinach, alongside a protein shake with olive oil or coconut oil in it. It's very easy to get the proper amount of calories on this diet, without any carbs.

You also reeeeally need to increase your water/fluid intake on this diet. It's key. Without carbs, you will quickly become dehydrated and then it's a lot harder to lose fat. Salt can be used plentifully, but I use something better - MST's Athlytes, which is a quick and easy way to get a high dose of electrolytes and stay hydrated.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
dude.. just eat trace carbs for mon and tues. then you can have salads with veggies on weds thurs. on Friday you can have an apple or banana before your final work out of the week. then carb up over the weekend.
I don't see how you can NOT do that... I cant make it any more simple than that.
Ok, got it. :)

JITB

Awards
I would give berberine a shot before I try to self medicate with overseas pharma without a consulting doctor. That is a dangerous road to travel for someone who doesnt really understand what they are doing
Ditto the berberine.

JITB

Awards
Do some research on "cyclical ketogenic diet". That's the diet I recommend for anyone who is carb sensitive.
Did one for years! Only carbs was a Gatorade post lifting with whey. Carb-up Saturday only. I looked sweet on Monday morning. Flat the rest of the time.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
High dosed Biotin certainly works wonders when dosed before a high carb meal. I can't remember the details but I'll find and post. I learned about this via DatBtru himself. It's legit. The key is the ultra high dose and timing.
I hope EBF aka the "GDA guru" adds some insight here/discusses the merits of Biotin for us.

DatBtru knows his stuff. So does EBF

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope EBF aka the "GDA guru" adds some insight here/discusses the merits of Biotin for us. DatBtru knows his stuff. So does EBF
I like biotin

I feel it works better peri workout though with osthole and hca

Solo, not so much

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks brutha ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did one for years! Only carbs was a Gatorade post lifting with whey. Carb-up Saturday only. I looked sweet on Monday morning. Flat the rest of the time.
A CKD definitely works great for pure fat loss, and when enhanced, it's a great recomping diet. Recently though, I've had to add carbs peri-workout throughout the week due to intensity/length of workouts, so now I follow more of a TKD. The nice thing is, the body reacts MUCH better to carbs once you get fairly lean.

I'm also a huge fan of Glycobol where it comes to GDAs. One of my staples.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A CKD definitely works great for pure fat loss, and when enhanced, it's a great recomping diet. Recently though, I've had to add carbs peri-workout throughout the week due to intensity/length of workouts, so now I follow more of a TKD. The nice thing is, the body reacts MUCH better to carbs once you get fairly lean. I'm also a huge fan of Glycobol where it comes to GDAs. One of my staples.

I like my carbs from karbolyn or hydroxypropyl do starch phosphate

Waxybolic by nutrabolics = gold Intra on low carb

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like my carbs from karbolyn or hydroxypropyl do starch phosphate

Waxybolic by nutrabolics = gold Intra on low carb
I've been using a carb blend from MST called Infinit-E, and it's been pretty nice. There's a flavored and non-flavored version. I usually mix the non-flavored version in with MST's RPG (BCAAs + EAA) blend.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been using a carb blend from MST called Infinit-E, and it's been pretty nice. There's a flavored and non-flavored version. I usually mix the non-flavored version in with MST's RPG (BCAAs + EAA) blend.
ehh

Not impressed lol

I don't like the additional ingredients since I'm known to use 100-200 carbs during my workout
Plus the taurine I'm not w fan

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's unfortunate. I'm a huge fan of betaine and taurine. There's no way in hell I can sip on any beverage with 200g of carbs in it while I'm working out. I'd likely vomit.

I usually have one scoop in a drink (shake) pre, 1 peri, and 1 scoop post.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's unfortunate. I'm a huge fan of betaine and taurine. There's no way in hell I can sip on any beverage with 200g of carbs in it while I'm working out. I'd likely vomit. I usually have one scoop in a drink (shake) pre, 1 peri, and 1 scoop post.
taurine pre workout isn't the best

And I don't like that Malto is first ingredient

I didn't realize you rep for them im sorry if I offended you

I do however like athlytes

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
taurine pre workout isn't the best And I don't like that Malto is first ingredient I didn't realize you rep for them im sorry if I offended you I do however like athlytes
I don't drink it all at once I do about 75 carbs then I refill when half way and add more until desired anout

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't drink it all at once I do about 75 carbs then I refill when half way and add more until desired anout
Gotcha. I am just unable to drink that much water during my workouts. I usually keep it to 1 liter of fluids tops during a workout, unless it's strictly cardio. No worries, no offence taken.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
taurine pre workout isn't the best

I do however like athlytes
I love Athlytes as well, been using them for years.

I'm curious about your taurine comment though, and dosing pre-workout. There are a plethora of pre-workout supplements that include taurine for it's proven hydrating and performance enhancing benefits. Do you have any studies or science behind why it would be bad to take pre-workout?

edit: This is just a curiousity though. I've been using 1g taurine pre-workout, off and on for years and haven't noticed anything suffer from doing this. 1g isn't a huge dose, it's what most energy drinks have in them as well, to counter-act the dehydrating/diuretic effects of caffeine I believe.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love Athlytes as well, been using them for years. I'm curious about your taurine comment though, and dosing pre-workout. There are a plethora of pre-workout supplements that include taurine for it's proven hydrating and performance enhancing benefits. Do you have any studies or science behind why it would be bad to take pre-workout? edit: This is just a curiousity though. I've been using 1g taurine pre-workout, off and on for years and haven't noticed anything suffer from doing this. 1g isn't a huge dose, it's what most energy drinks have in them as well, to counter-act the dehydrating/diuretic effects of caffeine I believe.
Anti inflammatory and anti oxidative properties

Nothing crazy but I'll keep it post for hydration

Plus too much makes me run to the bathroom

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you two eating carbs all day long or just pre/peri/post? If the latter, do you still use a GDA?

Just curious.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
9 am and 4pm mon-thurs Friday noon Saturday noon
Thanks

No matter what "powder" carb source I take, they all wreck my workouts. No matter how stimmed up I am. Without stims they make me malaised and with stims I just feel loopy.

Drives me nuts. Pretty sure my low carb life for 20+ years wrecked me. Lol. That's why I would like to find something that would help with mitigating these sides from powdered carbs.

I know Recompadrol and Burn-24 are more designated for complex carbs.

I train in the early AM. I don't consume carbs until dinner b/c I know they will make me lethargic.

The prob is, I'd rather be able to get my carbs in around my work out time for several obvious reasons. BUT, when I do, my workouts suck and I'm "lazy" the rest of the day

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try

Waxybolic or carbonx

If those are no good for you

Karbolyn - perfext diabetic or keto carb IMO

Pure isomaltylose would be best for you

Try 1 cap recompadrol pre workout and isomaltulose intra

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try Waxybolic or carbonx If those are no good for you Karbolyn - perfext diabetic or keto carb IMO Pure isomaltylose would be best for you Try 1 cap recompadrol pre workout and isomaltulose intra
Thank you ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just want to say, pretty great thread here, lots of great info. Thanks to everyone contributing

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about ud2? It's like bodyopus but with 50-70 grams of Carbs. It's very effective and might even reverse some markers of pre-diabetes.
Who's got the crib notes on this diet?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 36. Not sure about BF%. I used it not long ago and dropped about 5%. Currently using it again and going for single digits. Diet was strictly low carb with weekly refeeds, but I always start by going 2 weeks without a refeed. It's not magic but it does work.

Btw, the only sides I've ever experienced was some gastro issues in the first 3-5 days.
Good stuff GP (yes, I'm late to the party)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
High dosed Biotin certainly works wonders when dosed before a high carb meal. I can't remember the details but I'll find and post. I learned about this via DatBtru himself. It's legit. The key is the ultra high dose and timing.
Interesting.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I usually take 5-10mg of biotin in morning and 5-10mg of biotin in the evening! The morning time i like to take it with DCP 2.0. And then fast for around 2-3 hours, then have a no carb breakfast! I think its helping me lean out pretty well!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Insulin Resistance & The Drug Metformin

Good anecdotal feedback man. I need to read into this Biotin crap as I thought it was just for women trying to achieve pretty hair and nails lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmmm. Playing devil's advocate; this doesn't sound overly exciting nor does it seem to be in the same (or even beneficial) class as GDA's

""Biotin Blood Sugar Benefits

Biotin plays a major role in your blood glucose production. Since biotin is heavily involved in the breakdown of carbohydrates within your body, it is largely responsible for keeping your blood sugar at healthy levels. If you suffer from diabetes, you may be given a Biotin supplement as a way to get your blood sugar levels up to properly functional amounts"""

AND

""Most people who are looking to use biotin for weight loss take large, concentrated doses of the supplement at about the same time each day for a period of several months. Biotin is also known as vitamin B7 or vitamin H, and in high volumes it can improve the body’s metabolism and energy processing. This doesn’t usually lead to immediate weight loss, but over time it can make digestion more efficient, and people often feel fuller longer and tend to be less likely to overeat as a result. It can also stabilize blood glucose, which can prevent fat storage. Biotin occurs naturally in many different foods, but not usually in large enough amounts to really impact weight loss. Most experts say that, to get results, you’ll need to look for supplements or other multivitamins that are biotin-heavy, and commit to a regimen of taking them for the long term""

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I honestly haven't tried out biotin yet. It sounds very effective based on a lot of people's feedback though. I typically use things like Glycobol along with Metformin, which is a really strong combo.

I think I'm going to play with adding in biotin though...going to see how it effects things. I've got so much in the mix right now though. Currently using 10mg of superdrol pre-workout with my carbs, as a potent GDA lol