In home personal training.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if any of you guys do any in home personal training. It seems like a great way to expand my business.

I figure with a couple sets of adjustable d-bells, some therabands, tubing with handles, stability ball, couple medicine balls, and what not you can have a nice set up that is easy to take to clients homes...then you charge a nice premium. Seems like a great thing especially with summer coming so you can do some boot camp type stuff outside...

Anyone do this?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tinkered with this idea, but have never invested enough in equipment to try it seriously.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking I may have to give this a shot here. I am going to try and purchase some very basic equipment and just be creative with things. If it starts to cath then I buy mroe stuff :)

Anyone else??

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
There's a company making benches for in-home trainers too. It's light, pretty solid and folds up with a nice handle on the saide. I think I saw it in "Power Systems" or the "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" cataloges.

I've done home training, but it's been a few years. That bench would have been cool to have for it.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I see it here in my power systems catalog. $250 bucks, but it looks like it would work perfect. It comes with a t-bar, v-strap, and 4 handles and has like 18 different bands in the unit for variable resistance. That bench is cool!

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
That should work pretty good for lugging in and out of peoples houses. If memory serves, it wasn't too heavy either?

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
The liability insurance involved will triple from my current provider.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Triple??! WOW! I better check my coverage now to see if it will work for me...

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
sorry...I mis-read. I thought you meant in-home as in "they come to a studio at your home"

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I had a studio for eight years in MN, I was charged the same as any kind of fitness club. Was just based on square footage. If I remember correctly, it was about $2000/yr. Although the studio wasn't in my home, it was a lease space in a strip mall. Not sure if that wold have made a difference vs. something in my house.