I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Oops. Will do that now. I am thinking one dose am, one around lunch, one pre-work out. I actually felt it or imagine I felt it already, probably a little of both. I am normally pretty sharp as far as cognitive thinking and reasoning is but I had a nice edge last night when I was helping some people with easier chem/math stuff over the computer. I'll get back to this thread after a few weeks, and after mid terms too lol.
It's not placebo, ALCAR produces an acute effect that is felt after the first dose.

Coopster

2.25 grams of GPLC
2 grams of LCLT
Pre workout thoughts thanks
Double the GPLC dose. LCLT is fine at 2-3g so take your pick.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool. I just read over some chem stuff and memorized it after one read. Lol. That's not too unusual for me but usually I have to look harder. Now if only alcar could write my papers for me.

Have you ever noted whether it affects a particular learning style more. Like reading listening writing etc.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cool. I just read over some chem stuff and memorized it after one read. Lol. That's not too unusual for me but usually I have to look harder. Now if only alcar could write my papers for me.

Have you ever noted whether it affects a particular learning style more. Like reading listening writing etc.
For me, oxiracetam and piracetam contributed to fluidity of writing. ALCAR is mostly for concepts that require memorization and focus.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me, oxiracetam and piracetam contributed to fluidity of writing. ALCAR is mostly for concepts that require memorization and focus.
Good enough for me. I can write **** as long as I can remember it. Hahaha.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ditto..empty stomach is key. AlCAR and coffee...good times.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you say 5 grams? Lol

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Still awaiting my first felt effect from ALCAR :(
I never perceived any effects from it either. :(

I'm using Primaforce powder. I am going to buy a bottle of SNS ALCAR and see if there is a difference. I expect there won't be, but...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still awaiting my first felt effect from ALCAR :(
Some people don't feel much and some people don't like the feeling. It can cause an anxious feeling at higher doses. I still can't believe that it is being recommended to start at 1g+ for people. Most everyone I know that has tried it, finds that 500mg is about the right spot to start.

Seems somewhat irresponsible to be telling people to start at higher doses than necessary.

D3Baseball

Awards
When I was on a keto diet, ALCAR gave me terrible headaches.

Other than that, doses as high as 3g don't give me anything tangible. Thus is the world of supplements. I take it just in case it's working since I get it free :p

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cooper, I can't remember if you said whether you take Huperzine A or not, but if you do, how much do you take per day? Do you take more than 200 mcg?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cooper, I can't remember if you said whether you take Huperzine A or not, but if you do, how much do you take per day? Do you take more than 200 mcg?
I will take Hup A if I need an extra, acute kick while studying. 50-100mcg daily. Galantamine is my preferred choice though, at 8-16 mg.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will take Hup A if I need an extra, acute kick while studying. 50-100mcg daily. Galantamine is my preferred choice though, at 8-16 mg.
What kind of advantage do you perceive when taking galantamine as compared to huperzine A? Just curious...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What kind of advantage do you perceive when taking galantamine as compared to huperzine A? Just curious...
I don't perceive any difference. Huperzine A actually creates a stronger acute effect. However, galantamine is not only an AChEi but also an nAChr agonist, so it should, in theory, be even better

maxpower155

Awards
ALCAR never did anything for me. Piracetam on the other hand, love the stuff.
Sorry for randomly chiming in, been a while since I've been on the forum!

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think im going to give this a try... this really intrigues me... Does anybody have any experience with the NutraPlanet bulk 100g powder ALCAR? What are your thoughts and how do you dose it? Or are there any specific ALCAR recommendations?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think im going to give this a try... this really intrigues me... Does anybody have any experience with the NutraPlanet bulk 100g powder ALCAR? What are your thoughts and how do you dose it? Or are there any specific ALCAR recommendations?
I do 2 grams pre, and 1/1 split on non workout days. I think it's an extremely inexpensive buy. Only downside is it tastes bad.

uvawahoowa

Awards
I do 2 grams pre, and 1/1 split on non workout days. I think it's an extremely inexpensive buy. Only downside is it tastes bad.
Taste really isn't bad at all imo

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I aced my first chem quiz. Not really impressive at all but I was also the first in the class to finish. Again not super suprised. But hey I'll let this play out. I do seem to be retaining information as well or better than a I used to. I also feel like I might be getting better mind-muscle connection in the gym which sort of makes sense?

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Taste really isn't bad at all imo
I like the taste, its similar to Cit Malate.
Whats the best way to take this? Dump the powder in mouth and chase? Mix in protein? Cap it?... Sorry if im asking too many questions. I will make a purchase this weekend, I just kind of want to know what i'll be getting and how i can dose it optimally.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back in 2005-2006 when i took alcar for six years I did 3 grams first thing everyday, and when i was working security for a nightclub , i would dose 3 grams before work for a total of 6 grams. I used it every so often when i felt I need some kind of mental boost because that is what seemed to happen.

now a days I do 3 grams lclt and that works for me

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whats the best way to take this? Dump the powder in mouth and chase? Mix in protein? Cap it?... Sorry if im asking too many questions. I will make a purchase this weekend, I just kind of want to know what i'll be getting and how i can dose it optimally.
Really, I think you can dose it all of those ways. I just believe you avoid things like na-rala, NAC...it mixes fine with other things. Just look at focus xt. It has quite a few ingredients that are in with it. Water and caps are fine too. I think, unless told otherwise, juice would be fine if dumped in and drink quick. For what it is worth the test isn't as bad as many raws.

I think Coop or someone else can tell you what to avoid.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I dumped it on my tongue and chased and I think I nearly burnt a hole in my tongue. Stuff is bubbly.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
Are their any negative side effects from ALCAR when on a low calorie diet or when on cycle? I started taking ALCAR 1g twice daily and I've been exhausted since. I don't think it's the Epi as I'm in my 5th week and have not had lethargy until now, also taking stano.

Thoughts?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sounds more like sides from Epi or PH's in general.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
1g Alcar, 200mg na-rala, 200mg caffein, and 25mg of ephedrine is a very nice morning stack so far. May try the same preworkout later in the day. Anybody recommend anything else to add :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
1g Alcar, 200mg na-rala, 200mg caffein, and 25mg of ephedrine is a very nice morning stack so far. May try the same preworkout later in the day. Anybody recommend anything else to add :)
1g SNS agmatine powder ;)

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I thought you weren't supposed to take carnitines at the same time as ALA?

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does it matter if its 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after?

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
As long as you're not mixing them in a cup, you can take them together (i.e. capped).
Cool, didn't know that. Quick question, does na-rala need to be dosed with carbs? I'm doing keto now, and been taking it without any carbs. I haven't had any issues so far. Just curious.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Cool, didn't know that. Quick question, does na-rala need to be dosed with carbs? I'm doing keto now, and been taking it without any carbs. I haven't had any issues so far. Just curious.
IMO, If you're not experiencing any hypoglycemic effects, no. However, it could be taken prior to a carb rich meal (when you have them).

TopSirlion

Awards
I've been dosing ALCAR daily 1-2g (depending on how much I have to study) and I've noticed a dramatic increase in sharpness, recalling information, and I do not have to study as long as I used to. It's definitely worth putting in your stack.

One question: Does ALCAR need to be stacked with anything if I am taking 1-2g daily? And are there any long term usage side effects from ALCAR?

I talked to my science major biology teacher and he is also really interested. He is consistently monitoring my homework, involvement in class, sharpness, and test grades. We talked about it being a unique amino acid as it passes the BB. In other words, if it works (which I believe it has) my professor will be on the bandwagon as well.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've been dosing ALCAR daily 1-2g (depending on how much I have to study) and I've noticed a dramatic increase in sharpness, recalling information, and I do not have to study as long as I used to. It's definitely worth putting in your stack.

One question: Does ALCAR need to be stacked with anything if I am taking 1-2g daily? And are there any long term usage side effects from ALCAR?

I talked to my science major biology teacher and he is also really interested. He is consistently monitoring my homework, involvement in class, sharpness, and test grades. We talked about it being a unique amino acid as it passes the BB. In other words, if it works (which I believe it has) my professor will be on the bandwagon as well.
Nope, doesn't need to be stacked with anything else.

ALCAR does indeed work; even here at school, clinicians have spoken about its therapeutic potential wrt pathology.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
Got my SNS Agmatine in today. Can't wait to add it to my morning stack of Alcar, Na-rala, Ephedrine, Caffeine, EGcG. :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Got my SNS Agmatine in today. Can't wait to add it to my morning stack of Alcar, Na-rala, Ephedrine, Caffeine, EGcG. :)
Hehe, excellent. Add a small dose of vitamin C (can simply squeeze lemon on food) to enhance bioavailability of EGCG ;)

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards

Co-signed...I've been taking SNS ALCAR 2g a day, 1g in the AM 1g in the PM and I have felt much sharper and more attentive. I feel it's easier to absorb and retain information. Thanks for posting this thread, it's the reason I tried it in the first place. :)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Wow that really makes me want to try ALCAR more than ever! I don't use stims aside from a tiny dose PWO, so this sounds awesome. I have been looking at all three of the "CARs" recently, and I am very interested in them, but I am still not completely clear on all of the differences between them. I have some questions about them if you don't mind:

1. How would you compare ALCAR to Sulbutiamine (if you've taken it)? Any idea if they work well together?
2. All of the carnitines (ALCAR, PLCAR, LCLT) seem to help with fat, but ALCAR and PLCAR both seem to have added bonus effects. ALCAR seems to be a nootropic, and PLCAR seems to have muscle/strength boosting properties. Is this accurate? If so, how does LCLT compare to ALCAR and PLCAR? Are there effects other than fat loss that I am not aware of? Or are the fat loss effects of LCLT stronger than in the other two?
3. Is PLCAR known to have any nootropic or energy boosting properties, or are all of ALCAR's such properties from the "A" part if it?
4. Regarding antioxidants, I drink a green shake every morning (Amazing Grass brand) with an antioxidant formula in it (acai, maca, carrot, beet, etc...). Would that be sufficient if I were to run ALCAR at 2 grams/day?
5. Do all of the "CARs" require antioxidants, or only ALCAR?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Tyler

Last edited: