I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've seen pinchthebear mention he thinks they will not polymerize...I still dose separate to be safe :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've seen pinchthebear mention he thinks they will not polymerize...I still dose separate to be safe :)
They do not polymerize in the acidic environment of the stomach. Mixing the bulk powders in a cup is a different story (I learned the hard way)

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They do not polymerize in the acidic environment of the stomach. Mixing the bulk powders in a cup is a different story (I learned the hard way)
That makes sense and that sucks man.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take 600mg of Alpha-GPC daily, but I noticed that adding 500mg of choline and inositol split twice a day has really improved my mood and sleep. This happened almost immediately and I am certain that the mood is in direct correlation to my sleep.

dsohei

Awards
I take 600mg of Alpha-GPC daily, but I noticed that adding 500mg of choline and inositol split twice a day has really improved my mood and sleep. This happened almost immediately and I am certain that the mood is in direct correlation to my sleep.
500mg of inositol 2x a day? And in addition to the 600mg of gpc?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My bad guys.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Could you elaborate on this a litte further? Are you saying you can take both bulk powders at the same time?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Could you elaborate on this a litte further? Are you saying you can take both bulk powders at the same time?
You cannot pre-mix them prior to consumption. However, you can take them separately at the same time, as the acidic environment of the stomach will prevent the polymerization reaction (or at least greatly lessen the tendency).

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mr C, I missed it and would like to know what your Na-R-ala dose was every other day?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cooper, I got your PM and of course I will explain to your what mucuna is whenever you are ready. Send me a PM.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's kind fun to watch NAC and NR-ALA polymerize. Expensive mistake, but provides a scifi-like visual effect. lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cooper, I got your PM and of course I will explain to your what mucuna is whenever you are ready. Send me a PM.
PM sent. I also detailed how anacyclus pyrethrum works in response to your FB message

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I messaged you to say how much ArA you need in your capsules. ;)

dsohei

Awards
How long does the carnitine buzz last and can I do 1g 2x a day to have lasting effects into the evening?

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
I went out of town and left my Ani. and Choline at home, so I did not dose either for two days and still felt pretty good. I have been taking my usual dose the last three days and now the combo seems to be having a different effect. I am having trouble getting awake in the mornings and am so sleepy all day and have the slow thought process feeling like I did before starting this stack. I have not added or changed anything supp. wise. I,m considering not reordering if this keeps up. I,m stumped to why this is happening, anyone else have this happen or any ideas on why I,m having these effects now ?????

leasky33

Awards
i noticed when i took alcar in capsule it help me with my driving lessons, since running out my mind has been alot clearer, and its helped me with my concentration, time to get more i think

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mr.cooper69, how pronounced would you say the improvement in memory is when taking ALCAR? Do you actually notice a boost when it comes to studying and memorizing academic material?

I'm taking A&P 2, Microbiology, Psychology, and Medical Terminology this semester, so if ALCAR really does help you retain more (or even the same amount) of information with less studying, I'll definitely invest in this...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
mr.cooper69, how pronounced would you say the improvement in memory is when taking ALCAR? Do you actually notice a boost when it comes to studying and memorizing academic material?

I'm taking A&P 2, Microbiology, Psychology, and Medical Terminology this semester, so if ALCAR really does help you retain more (or even the same amount) of information with less studying, I'll definitely invest in this...
Absolutely. Memory retention is superb when I'm on ALCAR, Caffeine-Free Focus XT, and Noopept.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely. Memory retention is superb when I'm on ALCAR, Caffeine-Free Focus XT, and Noopept.
Thanks. Have you tried studying on just ALCAR? If so, how did that go?

Also, how are you dosing Noopept? I have actually been interested in trying that for the last few years...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks. Have you tried studying on just ALCAR? If so, how did that go?

Also, how are you dosing Noopept? I have actually been interested in trying that for the last few years...
Yup, I've been using ALCAR continuously for ages (it's the only nootropic I use chronically with minimal off-time).

I just started the noopept, dosing 30mg with a choline source, and so far so good :)

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, I've been using ALCAR continuously for ages (it's the only nootropic I use chronically with minimal off-time).

I just started the noopept, dosing 30mg with a choline source, and so far so good :)
Cool. I also just remembered that I had a bottle of Pramiracetam with ~30 tablets (300 mg/each) remaining as well as a bottle of Huperzine A tablets, so I might be formulating my own study stack soon...

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Cool. I also just remembered that I had a bottle of Pramiracetam with ~30 tablets (300 mg/each) remaining as well as a bottle of Huperzine A tablets, so I might be formulating my own study stack soon...

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
Cooper or anyone have any thoughts ???

I went out of town and left my Ani. and Choline at home, so I did not dose either for two days and still felt pretty good. I have been taking my usual dose the last three days and now the combo seems to be having a different effect. I am having trouble getting awake in the mornings and am so sleepy all day and have the slow thought process feeling like I did before starting this stack. I have not added or changed anything supp. wise. I,m considering not reordering if this keeps up. I,m stumped to why this is happening, anyone else have this happen or any ideas on why I,m having these effects now ?????

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love Huperzine A and studies have shown it to be effective for memory. I like taking that with ALCAR when I study. I'm taking medical terminology too and am in my last semester. At least as an undergrad.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I love Huperzine A and studies have shown it to be effective for memory. I like taking that with ALCAR when I study. I'm taking medical terminology too and am in my last semester. At least as an undergrad.
alcar.......hup a.......................just take some FXT :p

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
ACLAR + Choline Citrate + Huperzine A.

Come at me, fall semester. Come at me.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
ACLAR + Choline Citrate + Huperzine A.

Come at me, fall semester. Come at me.
This plus some focus XT and some stocked Adrena-G. I'm looking forward to a 4.0

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How often do you guys dose your Huperzine A when studying, and how much do you take for each dose? I have a test coming up this Friday and will probably start studying Monday or Tuesday night. My Huperzine A tabs contain 200 mcg each. I'll also be taking Pramiracetam with the Hup A.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alcar.......hup a.......................just take some FXT :p
I got all three so I guess I'm covered!

This plus some focus XT and some stocked Adrena-G. I'm looking forward to a 4.0
Despite the recent tide, I love adrena-G.

How often do you guys dose your Huperzine A when studying, and how much do you take for each dose? I have a test coming up this Friday and will probably start studying Monday or Tuesday night. My Huperzine A tabs contain 200 mcg each. I'll also be taking Pramiracetam with the Hup A.
I do 1-2 caps everyday. Not for more then a few months at a time but that's just cause I get tired of taking so many supps/pills that I take a break from everything every now and again.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Despite the recent tide, I love adrena-G.
I love it in very small doses. 25mg or less and I'm OK, anything higher and it doesn't go well.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I see I missed a lot of questions. Are any still lingering?

Reactions: Hot
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't you guys love it when you're in the gym and you got guys mean muggin you?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woo too finally got home and got my order including my alcar. Time to studyyyy. Lol. .5g 3x a day sounds good? No choline though.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That's a bit high of a dosing scheme. Try 1-2 grams, 2x per day and assess from there. Very high doses don't seem to provide additional benefit and can even turn the ALCAR pro-oxidative in your system. Many report extreme thirst at high doses.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's a bit high of a dosing scheme. Try 1-2 grams, 2x per day and assess from there. Very high doses don't seem to provide additional benefit and can even turn the ALCAR pro-oxidative in your system. Many report extreme thirst at high doses.
At this dosage would you suggest dosing w/ antioxidants (Vit C, ALA, etc)? I do.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Woo too finally got home and got my order including my alcar. Time to studyyyy. Lol. .5g 3x a day sounds good? No choline though.
Sounds fine, take it away from bed time for starters

At this dosage would you suggest dosing w/ antioxidants (Vit C, ALA, etc)? I do.
At 2-4g, there is probably no need, but ALA is quite synergistic with ALCAR anyway.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds fine, take it away from bed time for starters

Oops. Will do that now. I am thinking one dose am, one around lunch, one pre-work out. I actually felt it or imagine I felt it already, probably a little of both. I am normally pretty sharp as far as cognitive thinking and reasoning is but I had a nice edge last night when I was helping some people with easier chem/math stuff over the computer. I'll get back to this thread after a few weeks, and after mid terms too lol.

squatting

Banned
Awards
Coopster

2.25 grams of GPLC
2 grams of LCLT
Pre workout thoughts thanks