I am a diabetic with a few questions...

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
I have been diabetic for about 5 years (insulin dependant) and I work out quite a bit. I recently switched to working out before lunch and then all of the sudden my bench went up 65 lbs in about 2 months. I gained about 15 lbs of muscle and had huge gains everywhere. I could not figure it out, but soon found out that insulin helps with this. I guess when i switched to lunch I was working out and then eating and taking my insulin shot.

I just started back working out and I want to use my insulin to my advantage. I am not going to work my insulin around my weight lifting but vice versa. Is there anything else I can do? SHould I take a protein shake with my lunch? SHould I add anything else to help. I was really pleased with the results I got from INsulin, and now I have an insulin pump, where I am getting insulin all the time.

Any additional info would help? Still trying to figure out how this stuff works.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, increase protein.. Insulin helps shuttle aminos into the muscle, your results are from:

1. Increased insulin sensitivity after training
2. Adding insulin to the "fire"
3. Eating a meal which optimizes your nutrient uptake (good proteins and carbs)

I'd say alittle creatine wouldn't hurt, if you are bulking.. ;)

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Thanks a lot for the reply...

I am going to keep logs of my results using my Humalog insulin right after a work out. With a protein shake and a good lunch.

Also, totally off the subject. What are the side effects of "The Clear" or whatever Bonds was supposedly taking. I know this is probably not the right forum, curious. Do you have to cycle this stuff just like normal roids or what?

Thanks,

Yes, increase protein.. Insulin helps shuttle aminos into the muscle, your results are from:

1. Increased insulin sensitivity after training
2. Adding insulin to the "fire"
3. Eating a meal which optimizes your nutrient uptake (good proteins and carbs)

I'd say alittle creatine wouldn't hurt, if you are bulking.. ;)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The clear was THG, a designer steroid that was a cross between Trenbolone and Gestrinone.. It's androgenic, yet a weak anabolic.. Tren would be better.. :mad: