How to get enough cals on a Keto diet???

tshaw024

Awards
I try to eat 4000 calories and 300 grams of protein per day. I can get that much protein, but how can you get that many calories on a keto diet without carbs? suggestions?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
i would eat sausage patties, LOADED WITH CALORIES! 400 cals for like 2-3 of them. eat fatty meats. i would say pork is the best way to go if u want high cals/fat for the keto diet

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I like sharp cheddar cheese for cals too...I generally melt that or skim mozzarella on top of everything...hahaha

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Fat is your friend on keto. Oils, butter, heavy cream, cheese, eggs, peanut butter (watch the carbs if you have too much). Fatty meats are great too. Mmm bacon :D

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
It's not that hard. I did it for three months spending 70 a week on food. Eating a pound of 80/20 beef a day helps, especially with 1/2c of marble jack cheese melted on top.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to eat 4000 calories and 300 grams of protein per day. I can get that much protein, but how can you get that many calories on a keto diet without carbs? suggestions?
thats probably too much protein to stay in ketosis. But all the suggestions so far are good, plus nuts in general.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i always found adding olive oil into my protein shakes did very well. also works great to flush out the plumbing..:toilet: