How much taurine to take?

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
On a cycle of EPI and wondering what kind of doses of taurine do I need to take for back pumps? I saw somewhere it said about 5 grams? And is it ok to take it all at once like in the morning or should I split it up?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I believe around 3 to 6 grams should be good, taken 30mins or so pre-workout..

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i took a 1000mg pill before workouts. got it because it was cheaper and had more in the bottle than the 500mg.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
i took a 1000mg pill before workouts. got it because it was cheaper and had more in the bottle than the 500mg.
That is 1 gram, and odds are you have the exact same NOW bottle I have.

I take 5g 30 minutes pre-workout to avoid back pumps. Got one about 2 weeks ago, fvucking sucked! Now i've been taking this ever since and have had no problems!

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I guess I get pumps really bad or something. I had it horribly bad last EPI cycle and im on day 2 (20mg) today and it kicked in about 2 hours after my first dose. My pumps last all day long and dont go away. I have some bulk on the way but have the gnc 500mg right now and have taken about 4g throughout the day and my back is still killing me. Im gonna try like 5g when I get up in the morning to see if that helps.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Maybe it's not back pumps.. As far as I know, they tend to happen when you are doing something, i.e., pressing heavy weight in the gym.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Maybe it's not back pumps.. As far as I know, they tend to happen when you are doing something, i.e., pressing heavy weight in the gym.
What could it be if its not back pumps? I got it the whole cycle last time I took epi and it started again on day 2 of this cycle. I took 5g bout 10 minutes ago so hopefully it goes away a little bit.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I take 6g split up to 2g three times a day, But I also take potassium gluconate too because it helps the taurine do it's job.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I took 5 grams thiis morning and it seems to be helpng like 60-70%. Is it ok to take more than that? Whats the most you should take in a day?

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
On a cycle of EPI and wondering what kind of doses of taurine do I need to take for back pumps? I saw somewhere it said about 5 grams? And is it ok to take it all at once like in the morning or should I split it up?
5 grams split throughout the day will suffice - try morning and pre-workout. typically taken pre/post-workout but for the back pumps you are experiencing you may need to split the dosage out more. feel it out, you may need to increase/decrease dosage amount or timing but that would be a good starting point.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take 6g split up to 2g three times a day, But I also take potassium gluconate too because it helps the taurine do it's job.
Agreed :cheers:

I took 5 grams thiis morning and it seems to be helpng like 60-70%. Is it ok to take more than that? Whats the most you should take in a day?
5g won't cut it if you alreadly have pumps.

Once I have back pumps, it takes 10-12g per day to combat the pumps. Once they're gone or under control for about 4-5 days, you can back off to the dosage to what BAMA said.

Bulk taurine powder is cheaper and is tasteless. Fits in nicely with shakes, BCAAs, etc etc

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
I take 2g pre and post workout and it does help with back pumps. Esp. on deadlift days.
It's dirt cheap so experiment with what works best for you.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I was on Epi I was taking about 4 grams pre-wo. I was mixing it with Xtend for the added BCAAs. This really helped with the back pumps, but they only really got bad on two occasions.

Good luck with the remedy bro!

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6-8g taurine ed while on epi...never got a painful pump