How many Protein shakes on workout days ?

How many protein shakes on workout days do you drink ?

• 1 protein shake

Votes: 55 12.9%
  • 2 protein shakes

Votes: 138 32.2%
  • 3 protein shakes

Votes: 153 35.7%
  • 4 protein shakes

Votes: 59 13.8%
  • 5 or more protein shakes

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters
monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I maybe get 1 or 2 shakes a day...

I don't understand the obsession with protein shakes, especially if you are trying to bulk. They fill you up and make you full!

I take one in the morning and one at night...not before or after a workout.

I save the room in my stomach for food that has protein and lots of calories/carbs/nutrition. Id rather eat a flat-steak, rice, beans, squash, and some terryaki chicken w/ cayenne pepper flakes and a bowl of chili immediately after a workout. Or consume 5 egg whites for quick protein, less filling, easier to get down, no taste, easier absorbed, more nutrients!

Save money on those bullsh*t 40 dollar whey proteins that "taste good" and spend it on FOOD. Id only go nuts on protein shakes if I was on a harcore cut trying to preserve muscle. Besides that, more than 1.5-2g per lb of body weight if your not on steroids, is way more than enough...and for a body builder you could probably get it from food already.

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
how the hell do you guys take in so much protein during the day from whole food? i love tuna, but i've heard it is bad to eat daily, or even more than once or twice a week due to the mercury. can people maybe post up some of their meal plans including grams of protein/carbs/fat? what are some good sources of lean protein aside from the obvious eggs/chicken/beef/other animals?

is it ok to eat chicken breasts 2 or even 3 times a day? eggs? tuna daily?

jayden123

Awards
I asked the owner of my local gym and he said 2(50gram serving shakes) is enough because protein digests really easily if u have to much of it to quickly
so if your farting a lot, or doing going to the toilet a lot, the reason is probably to much protein so ur wasting ur money pretty much what he said

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Anything more than two protein shakes is just plain ridiculous.

Post workout fast absorbing protein like whey is fine, but dammit eat some whole food.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Lately I've just been doing a single scoop protein blend whey shake, mixed with milk right after my workout. Usually end up eating dinner about half an hour to an hour after that.