HokiePride on a Athletix {Titanium} Test Run

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Still going strong. Keep it up man.
No doubt! Always. Sacrificed sleep following 12 hr sleep to get an AM session in this morning!

Why? I mean he is only 6'5" 350 lbs......:run:
LOL, Thanks. I'm here to help anyone and everyone as long they are respectful to people of all levels. I passed him by the way on my way out this morning. He walked in with his arms flared out like I was supposed to see he was big. LOL.

Same here, the numbers are beast mode every workout, very motivating log.
Thanks buddy! I have so much more in store for this log.

Funny stuff.. awfully strange comment - I agree!
So strange I wonder if he heard himself, when it rolled off his tongue.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
June 18, 2013 {Wednesday, AM}

Rack Pulls:
345x3x8 {3 min rest}

Leg Press:
Single Leg Presses: 2PL per side x 12 reps, double leg 30.
3PL per side x 12 reps, double leg 20
4PL per side x 12 reps, double leg 15
5PL per side x 12 reps, double leg 10

Cardio {HIIT, Big Man Style}; 30/30 @ 3% Incline, 4-6 MPH {Sprints}

Notes:
Understand my HIIT is hard for me. I know you all blow this away. Keep in mind my size. I'm ramping this up over the course of 3 months. My cardio will complete my physique. I need to get back to doing 2miles in the AM, military style. Once I get back to that, I'll lean up quickly and the detail will be immense. For now, bear with me on this treadmill training. There were small breaks in between. I even jumped to the side midway as opposed to raising and lowering the speed. It made it easier to remain consistent on the intensity. I'm loving it. I seen results from Mondays HIIT. It was similar but I wore a shirt which I know hugs my body, close to a UA fitted shirt. You can see my V taper well. I promise pics are coming. I need to torch the BF on lower abs first. I'm working hard to do so. I promise it will happen by the end of this log.

I seen the same deusch walk in the gym as I was leaving, who believes he is on hulk status. This guy is unbelievable. He ha sno idea. When I walked in this morning, two of the young ladies working there {who are very cute} said I was the talk of the gym, last week when I walked in with my chain. I just smiled and told them I have to use it, since my waist is to wide for a belt. The benefits using a chain I've read helps place you in a better position to lean and hit your pecs harder. Anyways, they told me their supervisor had no idea why I was carrying it, beast mode. I told them I need a second one, and they just giggled and said, Damn, that's awesome.

Love the attention when it's positive but I get it negatively as well. I see the looks on some peoples faces and I know what their wondering. It's a compliment as well, when they think you are a D1 football player but not so good when they believe your on some type of gear. Hellz no. Never have and never will. Light weight and volume for me, until it's time to compete, then I will put in some work. My projection is for spring 2014, post son #2 being born and time for him to get older for travel. Wifey and I will travel to meets as a family.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
June 19, 2013 {Friday, AM}

Will Edit this soon, due to double post!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha attention's always good! **** I was I had size I mean I'm not skinny by no means but at 5'4.5 if I didn't have 18.5 inch calves I'd suck!!! I love your leg press workout i need to start doing my legs just seem to always push them aside.

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
haha attention's always good! **** I was I had size I mean I'm not skinny by no means but at 5'4.5 if I didn't have 18.5 inch calves I'd suck!!! I love your leg press workout i need to start doing my legs just seem to always push them aside.
Whoa skipping leg day...Tisk Tisk

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At first I hated leg day and now I friggin love it! When everyone in the gym sees me place the squat rack barbell holders in top position they know I mean business lol

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
No doubt! I work on different things and it's time to ramp up the leg workouts. I have plans to buy some equipment from ROGUE to focus on the big three. I can do it at will. I want to get my legs tighter fuller and striated.

I used to hate doing legs, until I started to realize it's the meat and potatoes of your own natural testosterone and GH release. It's where your body stores everything. YOu do legs and your whole body grows. That's how I obtained my overall size.

At first I hated leg day and now I friggin love it! When everyone in the gym sees me place the squat rack barbell holders in top position they know I mean business lol
I love it too. It's time to hit them even harder. The feeling you get following leg day and the ease of moving around. Putting on shorts and people look and say damn.
Def agree.
Me too!

Great update bro!
Appreciate it. I'm going to a whole different level with training and building. This log kicked it off. Another great opportunity brought to me by you and Athletix so I alwys try to come harder and bigger. This is the start of my ultimate transformation to kick off my mid life.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it has taken me a bit to get back into it too but I have been all over the explosive things like short sprints, box jumps, and the others.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
July 19, 2013

DIP MASTERY:

Super Set: 5, 30-60 Rest
EZ BAR CURL: 15
BW Dips: 15

Super Set:5
Incline Db Curl: 15
BW Dips: 15

Super Set: 5
Forehead Curls: 15
BW Dips: 12

Super Set: 5
Tricep Pushdowns: 25
Machine Bicep Curl 25

Notes@
Ok this was intense. The dip sets were supposed to be done as bench dips to reps of 30 which is much easier than BW. I modified it. Also, 30 sec rests was the protocol between each superset. This took about 45 minutes to complete. Trying a workout like this following a week of 12 he shifts and in the AM added to the intensity. My chest was tight as hell from rep one. I then woke up the fibers and got going.

Following this I kicked up some HIIT by sprinting on the treadmill. I'm looking to bump the current range in month two or three from 4-6mph to 6-8mph. I only run 8 sprints. Ankles and feet were getting warm and I got concerned and pulled back some. Do Work.

Deusch story!
So I'm in the middle of this workout and this workout and this guys sees I'm going back and forth. What does he do? He decides to show his strength and cut me off by grabbing the dip belt and chain, adding a 25lb plate and proceeding to dip, thus increasing my time between superset.

I would not have cared except two things. First he was not doing a planned workout and was bouncing around trying to figure out what to do. Second, if you see someone using something, especially when you know their already dough an exercise, out watched them do, don't jump on the middle. Lastly, did he really have to use a belt with a plate? He was about 5'5" and probably 170-180lbs and felt big since he could use a weight with the belt, really?

It took all I had not to go get my 11ft, 41lb chain from the truck to complete my workout with 5x10. Retard!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deusch story!
So I'm in the middle of this workout and this workout and this guys sees I'm going back and forth. What does he do? He decides to show his strength and cut me off by grabbing the dip belt and chain, adding a 25lb plate and proceeding to dip, thus increasing my time between superset.
!
It is stories like this that make me happy to workout at home in the garage.

By the way.. fine workout bro! Nice job on the HIIT too

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thankfully the gym I got to is pretty much empty all the time lol

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
July 22, 2013

WHEELS
SQuats;
135x10
225x10
315x10
405x3
405x2x2

HIIT:
20min, 3.0% incline, 4mph-6mph {6 Sprints}, 30sec/30 rest

This all after working 15hours. I'm about to hit wheels several times a week and treat them as a priority! I'm looking to tighten them up even more and Get striations. Like I mentioned before time to take things to another level. I'm all over it!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
July 22, 2013

WHEELS

SQuats;
135x10
225x10
315x10
405x3
405x2x2

HIIT:
20min, 3.0% incline, 4mph-6mph {6 Sprints}, 30sec/30 rest

This all after working 15hours. I'm about to hit wheels several times a week and treat them as a priority! I'm looking to tighten them up even more and Get striations. Like I mentioned before time to take things to another level. I'm all over it!
Damn 405 squats squats than running, I hate running after squats, nothing like running with jello legs :D

Great update!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
July 22, 2013 PART II

Yes, I returned this evening for a second workout and my buddy showed up who is 6'7" who just started training with me. Oh yeah, it was packed out! I decided to go back since in off this week from work and I was starring at 7hrs of nothing in the couch.?my wife was flustered so I packed up my son, jumped in the truck and rolled to the gym. My buddy showed up so we worked out together:

Delt Destructiion:

TriSet: {front/side/rear}
25x5x12

Military Press:
135x15
155x12
175x10
195x3 {Stalled}
Burnout:
Loaded 4 10's And a 5 each side and reversed the ladder for as many reps as possible beginning with 4, 6, 8, 10, 10. It hurt bad.

Upright row:
Barx20
65x15
85x15
105x15
125x15
135x10
Reverse the ladder by removing 10 each side down to Bar.

BB Shrugs:
135x12
225x2x10 {Front/Reverse}
315x10
405x8

Returned home and proceeded to do some house work! It counts as extra cardio. Also, gave son a bath. In the morning I plan on going to do cardio and hitting a second session in the evening. Wife is dumbfounded by my energy. I told her its all will power.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Love how you consistently push/punish yourself... nice work bro
Trying to do what I love to do and make every workout count! More importantly now than ever since I'm about to have another son soon! My home is about to get even funnier, Two dogs, two cats, two sons.....huh what, Noah's Arc!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Damn 405 squats squats than running, I hate running after squats, nothing like running with jello legs :D

Great update!
Thanks JD! I'm doing my thing and making this run worth ATHLETIX time and investment!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Sounds painful, yet awesome!
It was hard to run medium speed but I did it. I'm going to keep up the HIIT in my form until I see results or not and adjust accordingly!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn another sick workout at night!! Way to push it to another level.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trying to do what I love to do and make every workout count! More importantly now than ever since I'm about to have another son soon! My home is about to get even funnier, Two dogs, two cats, two sons.....huh what, Noah's Arc!
COngrats, when is the big day? (or ETA)

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey HP! Did you get the chance to check out Athletix new High Volume ingredient profile?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Hey HP! Did you get the chance to check out Athletix new High Volume ingredient profile?
Yes I have. Ill admit I'm not the best person to get into details of the ingredients as long as it produces the results I'm shooting for. I only take the best of quality supps. I spent a lot if time and hard earned money on bad ones in the past. Titanium is awesome. As a matter if fact here is what I did last night:

July 23, 2013 {Tuesday}}

Incline Bench:
135x20
225x15
275x10
315x8
315x7

Db Flat Press:
85x10
95x10
105x10
120x10
120x9

BW Dips:
5x10

Cable Crossovers:
Top/Middle {Each, ran out of time for bottom}
50lbsx2x15

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday July 24, 2013

Cubed Method AM:
(7 Reps half Top, 7 Reps Bottom, 7 Reps Sloooow, 7 Reps Fast)

Flat Hammer Press: 4 Sets x 28 Reps Each
Lat Pull down {Long Bar}: 4 Sets x 28 Reps
Lat Pull down {Triangle}: 4 Sets x 28 Reps
Machine Row: 4 sets x 28 Reps
Incline Reverse DB Crossover: 5x15 {20lbs, helsp bring out Delt/Upper Chest tie in}
Delt Presses: 5x15 {45lbs}

Cardio: 35minutes.

Evening:
Smacked Lt. Delts/ Lt Arms.

Arnold Db Presses:
4x45lbs
Unsupported presses:
4x30lbs

EZ bar curls
Ss/w Db Curls

Concentration Curls:
5x30lbs

Tricep Pressdown: 5x70lbs
Ss/w Bb Curls: 5x45lbs

Delt cable raises:
5x20lbs

Notes: AM Workout, tonight there will be a part two. Wife's friend is coming to town and I get to get some more two a days in. Well, I'm loving the energy and days off in between work weeks. I'm killing it in the gym. I'm working to get shredded. This is what the focus of this workout was. I have to mention the douche came in this morning. Now I don't usually talk this much about people. The way he walks around and struts makes it so funny. Well, here I am lifting light weights and he decides to jump on machines and such as I get done with them. I know why, he wants to know what I'm pressing or lifting. Finally he decides he wants to test his muscle. I go to get a drink of water. He somehow ends up in front of me as I turn to go back to the weights. he stops mid step and comes toward me and desides he isn't going to move. Being the polite person I am I moved so I wouldn't touch him. Automatic reaction since all my life I have learned to move without breaking stride or hitting anyone. Well, I realize I shouldn't have moved and put a shoulder in his mouth. Instead he struts away and decides to become vocal again by talking to anyone willing to listen. He then tries to lift the heaviest weights he can muster to show his dominance. LOL>

Little does he know It was workout number one. I didn't even take a preworkout or let alone fully awake. Wait until I decide to go full blast on him, BEAST MODE. I think it's about time to really put this retard in his place. Clearly, I'm bigger than him. I think what pisses him off is he does the same things I do and yet is half my size. If he was smart he would ask what I've done to achieve it, but I get what he thinks, AAS. Uhmmmm, not by a long shot. Don't even know where to get it. At most I use the boosters. Titanium has made it's mark. I haven't done two a days wsince playing college basketball. I'm gaining full recovery. I'm not even taking aminos. Titanium is legit.

On a different note, as I approached my vehicle, an older black woman stopped me. I'm African American also. Anyway, she asked "are you a personal trainer. I politely responded, " No I'm not, but the guys and gals in the blue or grey shirts are." She just smiled and began to walk away. I asked, " I can answer any questions you may have." She replied, " No, you just look really good and I thought you was a trainer."

Wow, she made my day. No one in this gym besides the two guys I finally got to train with me would even speak to me. She made my day. I felt so good, because I have been putting in work, more so now than ever. She made me feel like I'm doing the right things to reach my goals.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome Hookie - the two a days, the ladies comments, as well as the effect you are getting from Titanium. Top notch bro!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
July 25, 2013
This day was a mess, it called for. two a day, plus all day cardio! Ill explain in a minute. I went to the gym early and busted out MIIT for 1hr. longest recorded in my history for treadmills i mixed n fart paced jogging {Big Man Style}.

i then returned home to battle the swamp in my backyard. i have a 18x36 pool we used once, twice tops due me thinking in got it all the algae and boom it laughed at me and multiplied again. I had to tear the filter apart and leave it soak overnight in chemicals. thus filter has 25 screws around the tub. It took awhile to take it apart. I then left for the gym and hit several body parts. Plus I had to drive to a pool store , feed my son while we were out and I still have an unusable pool!

Incline bench:
135x20
225x8
185x10 {Half up, down then full rep}
185x10
185x10

Military Press:
4x10 {Cubed method with just the bar}

Machine shoulder press:
4x10 {Cubed Method with 45lb + 25lb}

Bradford pulldown:
4x10 {Enough to feel stretching}

Cable Crossovers:
2x15 {from bottom}
2x15 {from middle}
2x15 {from top}
40lbs Each

Cardio: 30 minutes @ various speeds.

July 26, 2013
Today is building to an all day cardio affair as well! Sigh! It was supposed to be a rest day. I went from killing algae to prepping weed eater to cutting all the weeds around the house. I have to run in and out to constantly check/bump the filter. It's been an all day affair. I'm exhausted. I'm looking forward to when I can relax for a true rest day.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
July 27, 2013

Still on target! Busted my but so bad I slept for 18 hours between yesterday and today! I'm finally rested and about to go in on lower back and legs tomorrow! New work week begins next week so it's going to be rough trying to get to the gym but ill get some workouts in! Stay tuned!

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Lol, it's great man. Life is good. Baby does not

Give me any headaches, Def way diff feeling with the second than the first

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
18 hour sleep would be nice.....along with some pizza :lol:

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Lol, it's great man. Life is good. Baby does not

Give me any headaches, Def way diff feeling with the second than the first
Do you have two kids Willpit? How did you get to train with two young ones in the house. Curious as I'm about to find out.

That's fantastic man!
That is awesome news. My first still has trouble falling asleep on his own. I just had to help with an afternoon nap after sleeping following last nights shift. I got in this morning slept from 8-1:30 and I had to help my son fall asleep since he wouldn't calm down about an hour ago.

18 hour sleep would be nice.....along with some pizza :lol:
I told you all I only work every other week. So my work weeks time is precious but weeks off I can kill myself in the gym. I'm off.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
July 30, 2013 Tuesday, AM

Non-Partner Week!

Hammer strength wide chest press(heavy work)!
2 45lb plates warm up /cable crossovers between sets!
6 45lb plates x 30
8 45lb plates x20
10 45lb plates x8 (rest pause) x6 rest pause x4 rest pause x1.5
8 45lb plates x8
6 45lb plates x12
4 45lb plates x 12
2 45lb plates

Cable crossovers 4 heavy sets(15-30 seconds between sets)
60lbs x failure
70lbs xfailure
80lbs xfailure
100lbs xfailure

Incline DB press
70lbs x20 x2
50lbs x 12 modified fly press x2

Incline chest press
150lbs x12
200lbs x12
220lbs x12

Light shoulders
side laterals
cable shoulder press
shoulder shrugs

25 mins inclined treadmill

Notes
Well I'm gonna call this session a sucess great workout great pump.....back on the minimal workouts due to long work hours but I will not stop. Just take more time to be more methodical and intense until next week when I'm off. Check out this meal I'm going to try to make following tomorrow morning. Post workout meal..protein pancakes Oxy elite style 1/3 cup of pancake mix a cup of Oxy protein....eggs!

this AM coffee Oxy elite protein 50 grams!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great update!

Damn 100 on cable crossovers is wicked.

How are you liking the OxyElite protein? I've been wanting to try it ever since the release.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Great update!

Damn 100 on cable crossovers is wicked.

How are you liking the OxyElite protein? I've been wanting to try it ever since the release.
OMG! IT's Soooo Good! I actually like it in H2O. It's so good I took all the other proteins I had and gave them to a friend. I didn't want nothing to do with them. The ingredient profile states MCT's, CLA are you kidding. COmbine that with a great fat burner, Titanium and you have yourslef a party. I drink a shake evry two hours. I only eat two meals during work week. I average 350g a day. I can;t get enough of it, chocolate or vanilla. Yet I stay strong. I'm loving it.

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Great work in here man.

Yeah I have two children. 19 months and 6 weeks old. I still train 6 days a week and its a sacrifice on my families end. But I have learned to make it work. I wake up early before work and do a 30-45 minute workout at the gym 1 body part and then after work I do another hour of cardio and another body part. But lately I have been doing the Crossfit in the afternoon. But the real helper is just waking up early and banging out that 30-45 minutes bc I am able to shorten my after workout up so my family gets to see more while they are awake because I am home sooner, since they are asleep when I wake in the morning and train.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OMG! IT's Soooo Good! I actually like it in H2O. It's so good I took all the other proteins I had and gave them to a friend. I didn't want nothing to do with them. The ingredient profile states MCT's, CLA are you kidding. COmbine that with a great fat burner, Titanium and you have yourslef a party. I drink a shake evry two hours. I only eat two meals during work week. I average 350g a day. I can;t get enough of it, chocolate or vanilla. Yet I stay strong. I'm loving it.

Damn I must try this sometime.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn I must try this sometime.
I was going to order some from the planet.. shipping was as much as the protein. I am going to Myrtle Beach in October though, meeting up with family that is driving - they'll come back with some in the trunk!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Friday-AM 8/2/13

SQUAT {No Belt or wraps}
135x5 (warmup)
135x5 (warmup)
155x5 (warmup)
195x5
235x3
265x8
315x2

Rack Pull {No raps or belt, mixed grip!}
135x8
225x4
315x8
405x4x8

Followed by:
Machine Pulldowns
DB Rows
Machine Row

Note:
That was all I had did for today. Had just finished working a 12 hour Drilling shift which included a casing job and cement job. No I don't do the work I just supervise operations. I had it set in my mind I was going to get it in.