Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Slimaglutide - What is this?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am not a wiz when it comes to Glucagon-like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists and secretagogues. Are these guys claiming that this capsule form is as effective or even as remotely effective as the sub-Q form of semaglutide? I mean these guys have a rep for producing products and using a play on words with the names. But a capsule form would be game-changing for many people I know who just don't want to deal with the shots (silly I know, but it was it is)

thanks for any insights

Last edited:
Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It looks like the worlds most expensive gda. The main ingredient ive seen sell for $10 a bttl, this also contains that brocoli supp that i dont believe even works, and the berberine dose is 1/6th of what i use daily. Maybe im missing something but it looks like something that should cost $25

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's definitely not an oral version of semaglutide. But oral semaglutide does exist for people who don't want to pin it. I believe that is what Rybelsus is.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am not a wiz when it comes to Glucagon-like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists and secretagogues. Are these guys claiming that this capsule form is as effective or even as remotely effective as the sub-Q form of semaglutide? I mean these guys have a rep for producing products and using a play on words with the names. But a capsule form would be game-changing for many people I know who just don't want to deal with the shots (silly I know, but it was it is)

thanks for any insights

I mean obviously some supplement companies are going to make crazy claims like this, doesn't mean it is true or alternatively that there is no utility in these types of products.

We will probably see more reasonably priced and potentially better (and worse) formulated products targeting this pathway this year though. :)

I noped out right away when I saw the price tag for this though, I don't use their products anyway, but I knew the name and price would lead it to a post here soon. :LOL:

It looks like the worlds most expensive gda. The main ingredient ive seen sell for $10 a bttl, this also contains that brocoli supp that i dont believe even works, and the berberine dose is 1/6th of what i use daily. Maybe im missing something but it looks like something that should cost $25
Many products that will target GLP activity I bet will also use things like Berberine and other glucose aids as complementary ingredients due to the proposed mechanisms of the actual drug actions.

The main players in this (and I am not commenting on their effectiveness, just the thought process behind a formula like this) are the Sulphoraphane based ingredients, the Myricitin (and that blend), and the GIP agonist, with the additional GDA like ingredients proposing to benefit and compliment those.

Plenty of popular products out there use 500mg Berberine when combined as a comprehensive product that people recommend and enjoy on here though.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I had to guess:

The price point is an attempt to establish it as "credible" in the eyes of the average clueless general public. For example: If someone comes in and I attempt to sell them a "natural ozempic"(for legal reasons I would NEVER use this language and would be VERY direct in the limits of said products) and then I show them a 39.99 bottle of anything there are people who would never believe that a natural option so "cheap" could do what a $1000.00 med could do(these people are NOT buying RC so pricing what it is from pharmacy).

But, if I show them a $129.95 priced option they may bite, as they expect a natural option to be cheaper, but not too cheap.

I'm thinking a big sign in the window proclaiming: SLIMAGLUTIDE NOW AVAILABLE!!! might be a good idea, lol.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi-tech always bringing the lols with the Names. And at that price point why wouldn't you just get real semaglutide. Ha. As smont pointed out berberine is cheap and said to be about effective as metformin which is a powerful drug that is way cheaper than this supp. Lol. If you want a formula Sns has one and it's not crazy priced. If you want something different which is still way cheaper than slimaglutide Lol MA has a true insulin mimetic.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I had to guess:

The price point is an attempt to establish it as "credible" in the eyes of the average clueless general public. For example: If someone comes in and I attempt to sell them a "natural ozempic"(for legal reasons I would NEVER use this language and would be VERY direct in the limits of said products) and then I show them a 39.99 bottle of anything there are people who would never believe that a natural option so "cheap" could do what a $1000.00 med could do(these people are NOT buying RC so pricing what it is from pharmacy).

But, if I show them a $129.95 priced option they may bite, as they expect a natural option to be cheaper, but not too cheap.

I'm thinking a big sign in the window proclaiming: SLIMAGLUTIDE NOW AVAILABLE!!! might be a good idea, lol.
I agree with you completely on that.

Hi-Tech is smart when it comes to their marketing and I think they realized that as well - too cheap of a product in this category would be dismissed right off the bat by many as too good to be true whereas they would look at 129.99 and think 'maybe'.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thanks for all the feedback guys, and also the heads up on Rybelsus, had not seen that one yet. That said, totally understand what you are guys are saying, also, lol, because when I saw the price I thought "well maybe this is something" I mean damn they got me too. Marketing sure is a weird and fascinating game.

The price thing is fascinating as well...had a friend who was trying to sell an old 90's BMW. It was in nice shape for what it was. He simply didnt need it anymore. Listed for like $2,500 bucks. Not a single fuckin hit on it for 2 weeks. No idea why. Our other mutual friend who is a marketing savant was like "you've listed it too low". He upped the price to 5K and sold it in one afternoon. Assuming they either thought something was wrong with it or the guy was trying to scam lol.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thanks for all the feedback guys, and also the heads up on Rybelsus, had not seen that one yet. That said, totally understand what you are guys are saying, also, lol, because when I saw the price I thought "well maybe this is something" I mean damn they got me too. Marketing sure is a weird and fascinating game.

The price thing is fascinating as well...had a friend who was trying to sell an old 90's BMW. It was in nice shape for what it was. He simply didnt need it anymore. Listed for like $2,500 bucks. Not a single fuckin hit on it for 2 weeks. No idea why. Our other mutual friend who is a marketing savant was like "you've listed it too low". He upped the price to 5K and sold it in one afternoon. Assuming they either thought something was wrong with it or the guy was trying to scam lol.
That’s very true. I’ve seen it ourselves with some of our products. We have some things right now that I think would sell better if we upped the price on. I think ppl overlook them bc they think they’re too inexpensive to be great ingredients.

I remember a brand I used to like back in the old days bc they were ahead of their time. They were overpriced big time but sold great bc ppl thought their products had to be great bc they were so expensive. They were good, but would’ve still been good at a much more reasonable price haha.

I get why a lot of ppl don’t like the way Hi-Tech does their naming of some things, but props to them from a marketing standpoint bc they know their stuff.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I worked at vitamin shoppe as a part-time gig when I left the service to help my parents through some health stuff. Guys would no **** come in and drop $200-300 bucks on products like Nugenix, Force Factor, and Serovital like it was nothing. These products run at least $90+ at a store like a vitamin shoppe, and the products are relatively garbage. They market the results as what TRT would give a 40+ man. I know I have told you this before but that is when I was tell them "bro, come here take this sticky note and buy this instead" and hand em a note with M-Test, Optimize-T, and Anabolic Effect lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
but that is when I was tell them "bro, come here take this sticky note and buy this instead" and hand em a note with M-Test, Optimize-T, and Anabolic Effect lol
Agreed here! A lot of better products out there than the well marketed not so good supplements :ROFLMAO:

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m interested to see some results though.

Looks like it also has some sleeper caffeine in there from the Yerba mate and Guarana?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Incinderine by Black Lion research is a solid oral GLP-1.

Also ma labs makes a decent GDA. Granted not the precise mechanism, but we're talking similar products.

Metformin is also a decent compound with somewhat similar result though again not identical.

Any of the diabetic functioning drugs have massive weight loss effects.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both Myricetin and Ursolic Acid are about worthless unless modified to improve oral absorption (VERY low single digit...2% or less)

It doesn't appear to be enhanced at all.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Incinderine by Black Lion research is a solid oral GLP-1.

Also ma labs makes a decent GDA. Granted not the precise mechanism, but we're talking similar products.

Metformin is also a decent compound with somewhat similar result though again not identical.

Any of the diabetic functioning drugs have massive weight loss effects.
Metformin

Is there any benefit in this for people in good health?

I was mainly interested in for the anti-aging benefits, however I wouldn't want to take anything that could negatively affect me in a long term.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Both Myricetin and Ursolic Acid are about worthless unless modified to improve oral absorption (VERY low single digit...2% or less)

would you say that absorption is the biggest obstacle in the dietary supplement space? It seems to be the case. I am fascinated by the delivery methods and those trying pioneer / improve on other methods the transdermal stuff, liposomal, now starting to see more stuff emerge as phytosomal. Seems like an associated issue is companies using these buzzword delivery systems to push products that are not actually effective or better using said delivery system

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
would you say that absorption is the biggest obstacle in the dietary supplement space? It seems to be the case. I am fascinated by the delivery methods and those trying pioneer / improve on other methods the transdermal stuff, liposomal, now starting to see more stuff emerge as phytosomal. Seems like an associated issue is companies using these buzzword delivery systems to push products that are not actually effective or better using said delivery system
It is a huge issue. We can find incredible ingredients in nature, but some have close to zero absorption (take icariin, for example).

Some companies choose to include them anyway just to clock sales.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Metformin

Is there any benefit in this for people in good health?

I was mainly interested in for the anti-aging benefits, however I wouldn't want to take anything that could negatively affect me in a long term.
Well yes it lowers blood sugars. Research the pubmed studies. There are other compounds similar too

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established

only transdermal is worth it.

Reactions: SBH
thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
So, high doses of oral UA ?
phtosomes, niacin cocrystals. i havent tried dihydromyricetin, but i understand the absorption rate is garbage for that also. i remember reading that myricetin was more effective at boosting insulin than dihydromyricetin anyway

THEstudent

Awards
@sns8778 have you heard about a supplement called Calocurb? It has been out for about 5 years but I just heard about it a few days ago. It is being promoted by Jay Campbell. Now I know some think the guy is kinda off his rocker but the thing about Jay is that he rarely likes or thinks OTC supplements are worth anything. Well this is the first time I have ever heard him enthusiastically recommend a supplement. Now Jay has been a regular and consistent user of GLP-1 drugs and he says this supplement is just as effective as far as appetite suppression is concerned as any of the GLP-1 drugs. He thinks it is going to be a massive hit in the supplement market.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 have you heard about a supplement called Calocurb? It has been out for about 5 years but I just heard about it a few days ago. It is being promoted by Jay Campbell. Now I know some think the guy is kinda off his rocker but the thing about Jay is that he rarely likes or thinks OTC supplements are worth anything. Well this is the first time I have ever heard him enthusiastically recommend a supplement. Now Jay has been a regular and consistent user of GLP-1 drugs and he says this supplement is just as effective as far as appetite suppression is concerned as any of the GLP-1 drugs. He thinks it is going to be a massive hit in the supplement market.
I'll reply to this in two different parts.

I have nothing against Jay Campbell, he's a brilliant marketer - but that's the thing that I don't think a lot of people realize, he's a marketer. I don't fault him for that, he's making great money at it. But its important to remember when he, or anyone in his position is promoting something like that, they're not doing it for free.

As for the product, Calocurb is Amarasate, an extract from Hops and is sold for an absolutely insane price for what it is.

In the study that I read on it, it was important to note that the appetite suppression benefit was studied in people doing water only fasting - not done on people eating a normal and sustainable weight loss diet protocol.

I do think that certain standardizations of Hops can be helpful for appetite control, but I think 69.99 for a Hops extract is pretty pricey.

We use a highly standardized Hops extract in LipoVantage, which is one of the reasons that you see great feedback on it for helping people with appetite control - but LipoVantage is 20.00 less than Calocurb and gives you Hops + 1,000 mg. MitoBurn, 250 mg. SEA, 100 mg. OEA, 75 mg. CaloriBurn, and more.

LipoVantage-front-Resized.png
Lipo-Advantage-Supplement-Facts-Warnings-01.jpg

THEstudent

Awards
I'll reply to this in two different parts.

I have nothing against Jay Campbell, he's a brilliant marketer - but that's the thing that I don't think a lot of people realize, he's a marketer. I don't fault him for that, he's making great money at it. But its important to remember when he, or anyone in his position is promoting something like that, they're not doing it for free.

As for the product, Calocurb is Amarasate, an extract from Hops and is sold for an absolutely insane price for what it is.

In the study that I read on it, it was important to note that the appetite suppression benefit was studied in people doing water only fasting - not done on people eating a normal and sustainable weight loss diet protocol.

I do think that certain standardizations of Hops can be helpful for appetite control, but I think 69.99 for a Hops extract is pretty pricey.

We use a highly standardized Hops extract in LipoVantage, which is one of the reasons that you see great feedback on it for helping people with appetite control - but LipoVantage is 20.00 less than Calocurb and gives you Hops + 1,000 mg. MitoBurn, 250 mg. SEA, 100 mg. OEA, 75 mg. CaloriBurn, and more.

View attachment 239664View attachment 239663
@sns8778 appreciate your response. As always you have that keen insight that we all need on this forum.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 appreciate your response. As always you have that keen insight that we all need on this forum.
Thank you. I appreciate the kind words and I'm always glad to help.

We're actually working on a new fat loss product that if all goes well will be out in about 8 weeks or so that will have some GLP aspects to it, along with targeting fat loss through some other very unique pathways. I hadn't mentioned it here on AM yet because the GLP subject in general has lead to some bad arguments here over the last year and I try to avoid stuff like that.

I think the only place I mentioned it at all was post 4 of the below thread, and there I just referred to it as being unique, I didn't mention the GLP aspect of it because it will be a lot more to it than just that - but for those that are looking for a natural supplement to help with that aspect and also for maximum appetite control and blood sugar support, I think it will be a very exciting and unique stimulant free fat loss product.