Help with a month off from training

67nova

Awards
I know you'll have something to say to Jay!But would like to know what others did(if they did)during a training/eating break.
So with having a full 2 weeks off(not in a row)in the last 5 yrs of working out with my trainers surport too,im taking off for 3-4weeks from my training.

Reason being i've lost the spirit of working out,normal ones seem more intense then ever,and im having way to much fatigue after training to actually live a "normal"life,i finally after years of eating 100%clean(except holidays sometimes)started to have a cheat meal once a week.
I actually gained some fat on my lower stomach(before i was even cheating all the while seeming like i was still leaning out everywhere else?(cortisol im guessing)my cheats are not out of control,very little sweet stuff if any(no desire for it)mostly fatty crap and subs/pizza that kinda of stuff.

Anyway im very obsessed with "not"gaining fat and it worries me some during this break with that in mind,but i have no choice thinking im almost completly overtrained(not my trainers fought but my by taking advanege of not eating what i was told to(under)and adding more cardio type of stuff to his training program(extra runs/ect)now im in great shape but completly blown out.No energy for the most but of days and seems like everything is a burden to me(normal life things,mowing,laundry,yard work ect)which i use to look forward to be.Like being a hard worker but not capable anymore on most days some days are productive but 65-80%arn't.

I didnt lose strengh while training nor got sick but was unable to complete a few sessions,actually got stronger faster,my endurance is suffering now to the most part but what should i do for this break ?

Figured on some light swimming,jogging,biking ect on some days and eating at a 50/50 or something like that plan (clean/garbage)to recover from eating the way i/ve been/still for so long,self-control isnt a issue as i got plenty but undereating might be.

What did yous do and eat while off?

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
When ever I don't feel lie working out, I hit the track and go for some sprints. Or get my sledgehammer and tire and do sledgehammer slams.

As for eating, I never get tired of it. I try to eat healthy but every once in a while I eat bad (but I don't over do it, keep my portions small).

67nova

Awards
When ever I don't feel lie working out, I hit the track and go for some sprints. Or get my sledgehammer and tire and do sledgehammer slams.

As for eating, I never get tired of it. I try to eat healthy but every once in a while I eat bad (but I don't over do it, keep my portions small).
Part of my micros this time has shuttle runs and some light distince runs post lifting.Its not i dont feel like working out its that its getting harder each time and im not recovering that well afterwards most days some good alot bad.

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
Part of my micros this time has shuttle runs and some light distince runs post lifting.Its not i dont feel like working out its that its getting harder each time and im not recovering that well afterwards most days some good alot bad.
You need some motivation, go find yourself someone to workout with.

And your recovery may be suffering because of your diet, or your just aging.

67nova

Awards
I am getting old but im only 36 i have plenty of motivation,workingout/training is/has been the biggest part of my life.Which isnt really good as putting it before everything else for to long.

I already overtrained once and more then likely never fully recovered from it.Now it seems im just hanging on by a thread lately.My diet is pretty sound 200gpro,370gcho(training days)130g fat and pro stays the same cho drops to 260,and fat goes to 120 on recovery days im not carb sensitive as i get fatigued some times with just pro/fat at meals so thats out.

67nova

Awards
I've done some research and do beleive im/been overtrained for alittle while,with my addiction to training(love/hate)i think cross training would be very helpful in recovery,take 2 weeks completly off and cross train for 2 and start back up is my game plan.I've been doing alot of complexes after main lifts(squats,presses,deads)and i did make alot of gains.I also did alot of conditioning(shuttle runs,sprints,)post workouts and days on there own.

Any help with a cross training plan/routine with some nutrition help to take in im guessing 2700-2900 when cross-training would be greatly thankful for.

67nova

Awards
Is a month to long?Really dont want to lose everything i did gain from my training(strengh,speed,endurance)which is suffering now still able to hit weight but its far more of a "struggle" now.Speed,endurance is horriable!Just want to fully recover from this feeling day in and day out.

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
You could take 2 weeks off, or time till your fully recovered.

In the meantime, you could head to the gym and speed train or just deload.

67nova

Awards
I only have with this mornings 3 sessions to complete,i feel like i failed if i dont complete them.I usally/always get though everyone its just thepost recovery thats killing me for the day,no energy/heaviness fatigue by 5pm im wiped out(get up at 4:30am)if i was truly overtrained wouldnt i be getting sick,losing more strengh(yesturday sorta)instead of constint fatigue,heaviness ect.....?????