Halfhumans Follidrone log

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I wonder how I'll be feeling tomorrow. Haha.....

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I follow IF protocol, and had it 20 minutes pre-workout. Ever since I've started cutting my endurance has been shot, but I managed to pull off things I normally did without feeling drained.
Yea when I start IF I feel the same way. So for this to give instant energy during that time it's amazing.

Trust me, endurance lasted all week. Looking forward to this week coming and see if strength goes up.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea when I start IF I feel the same way. So for this to give instant energy during that time it's amazing.

Trust me, endurance lasted all week. Looking forward to this week coming and see if strength goes up.
Actually I've been doing IF for 2 years now, but this is the first time in awhile (6-7 months) that I'm dropping the calories low to cut.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually I've been doing IF for 2 years now, but this is the first time in awhile (6-7 months) that I'm dropping the calories low to cut.
I haven't done IF in a while. Might be time to do so soon.

What's your calorie count?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't done IF in a while. Might be time to do so soon.

What's your calorie count?
I used to always do 2700 on workout days, 2400 on off days. Now I'm doing 2400 on workout days, and 2100 on off days. Currently sitting at 198 lbs and just trying to keep/raise my strength.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are cutting calories, already on IF, and trying to get stronger? Man, good luck with that.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are cutting calories, already on IF, and trying to get stronger? Man, good luck with that.
Well trying to retain strength at least :D

It's been going okay so far. So far my endurance was the only thing that went down. I may just up the calories to 2400 everyday if I start feeling really weak.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is your goal, other than fat loss? I mean, why are you doing this? I see this going badly because you are wanting to keep up endurance, increase intensity (to get stronger or maintain while on cut), and cut your calories. All of that doesn't work together and your body will let you know. I just don't see that FD is going to help.

Maybe I am missing something.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is your goal, other than fat loss? I mean, why are you doing this? I see this going badly because you are wanting to keep up endurance, increase intensity (to get stronger or maintain while on cut), and cut your calories. All of that doesn't work together and your body will let you know. I just don't see that FD is going to help.

Maybe I am missing something.
Right now it's to maintain my strength (I guess increasing it is overzealous), lose some body fat, and condition myself for sports. I've already lowered all of my training maxes to compensate for the increased conditioning I've been doing. Realistically though, I know I will lose strength though (and I probably have, because I'm struggling with my lowered training maxes)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, I would love to discuss this with you because what you are doing is counter intuitive, especially now that you mention conditioning for sports. However, this is Halfhuman's log and I am not going to hijack it.

Again, I wish you luck.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, I would love to discuss this with you because what you are doing is counter intuitive, especially now that you mention conditioning for sports. However, this is Halfhuman's log and I am not going to hijack it.

Again, I wish you luck.
YGPM! Also, sorry halfhuman for hijacking your log.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, I would love to discuss this with you because what you are doing is counter intuitive, especially now that you mention conditioning for sports. However, this is Halfhuman's log and I am not going to hijack it. Again, I wish you luck.
It's cool. No worries. These discussions are fine. I hate when there's discussions that are Irrelevant.

But I do agree with u.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
YGPM! Also, sorry halfhuman for hijacking your log.
It's cool. Keep it going. No worries fellas. Good discussion anyway.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's cool. Keep it going. No worries fellas. Good discussion anyway.
I'll try to keep it going through PM. I'm thinking I should just raise my calories back up a bit since I'm doing additional work (through conditioning). This is the heaviest weight I've been at in years so I guess I'm getting too hasty with trying to lose weight/BF.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll try to keep it going through PM. I'm thinking I should just raise my calories back up a bit since I'm doing additional work (through conditioning). This is the heaviest weight I've been at in years so I guess I'm getting too hasty with trying to lose weight/BF.
I agree. That's what u should do. Raise your calories a bit. You'll be good

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup. Now that I am conditioning I think I will bump it up to 2700-2900 everyday

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I say kudos to anyone who can do IF. I have a hard enough time going 4 hours without eating something. Don't know how people do it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is hard at first, especially if you are used to eating like that- as I was. Then after about a week, you realize that you have just become used to it and you don't really need to eat. Now I don't even think about food outside of when I eat my 3 meals and have a ton more energy.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb cycling does the trick for me to cut up.

Might start that next week.

Low carbs (less than 50g per day)
Med fats
High protein

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many carbs are you eating on workout days.
I stopped counting but I am going to start paying close attention to it.

Right now my daily carbs on workout days is 200-250g 3-4 days of the week and the other 60-150g

When I start carb cycling this week it's going to be;
Mon- carb load (250-300g)
Tue-sun- No more than 60g this carb source will most likely be oatmeal post workout meal in the morning.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait, so you are going to eat high carbs only on one day and then keep it <60 the rest? How is that going to impact your workout days? I don't see how this fits into any of the 4 carb cycle diets I have ever read about.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait, so you are going to eat high carbs only on one day and then keep it <60 the rest? How is that going to impact your workout days? I don't see how this fits into any of the 4 carb cycle diets I have ever read about.
I'm tight. I just wrote a lot and it didn't post smh. Lol

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here we go again lol.

I love carb cycling. I never feel lethargic. My body loves fats more than carbs.

But I always train fasted so my body is used to using fats as energy when low on carbs.

I always dose 5g of BCAA pre workout with another 5g intra. Helps a ton.

The mon carb up helps reset the fasted state. Never failed me.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My second dose had me going much longer than normal. That seems to be the scenario across the board so far.
Ya it seems like its effects on exercise capacity are acute because even the guys 1-2 days in are talking about it.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup. Now that I am conditioning I think I will bump it up to 2700-2900 everyday
Oh yah....if your FASTING strength is def not gonna go up. THings tank out super fast. One of my training partners was prepping for a show.
He was looking pretty chubby and he was 8 weeks out so he Hired Dave Palumbo. Dave put him on a a diet with 2 days low carb and 1 day no carb diet.
He lost the bodyfat but his bench dropped from 405 to 275 in a few weeks.....
Good luck....I doubt youll maintain let alone gain. Even with Follidrone.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yah....if your FASTING strength is def not gonna go up. THings tank out super fast. One of my training partners was prepping for a show.
He was looking pretty chubby and he was 8 weeks out so he Hired Dave Palumbo. Dave put him on a a diet with 2 days low carb and 1 day no carb diet.
He lost the bodyfat but his bench dropped from 405 to 275 in a few weeks.....
Good luck....I doubt youll maintain let alone gain. Even with Follidrone.
Yup. I've decided to up the cals to just try a recomp instead

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah. Got multiple people giving me advice and I figured it's not worth wasting Follidrone and I'd rather be heavier with more LBM than just "lighter".
Exactly.

thelast10

thelast10

Awards
I was cutting for 4 months, could probably cut another 8 before I'd be satisfied, but I switched to a recomp because I'd rather gain some muscle and lose fat slower, than lose fat and lose a good chunk of muscle, but I am not a competitor nor Do I ever plan to so this is just my personal preference ATM

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just so everyone knows where my diet is.

My daily calories for today was-2974
Carbs-218
Fats-127
Protein-233

If you break it down in ratio it's
29%carbs
39%fats
32% protein

Starting tomm carbs will be lowered and I will be carb cycling, if I can hold on. I've been taking in a lot of carbs for a while now. Might be a little tough.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think this is a good idea. Since you have free Follidrone Id take advantage of its effects.
So far pretty much everyone is documenting improvements in exercise performance plus muscle fullness.
I expect strength to follow.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think this is a good idea. Since you have free Follidrone Id take advantage of its effects.
So far pretty much everyone is documenting improvements in exercise performance plus muscle fullness.
I expect strength to follow.
He is a smart dude, just looking to go the right path. He needs to up the calories, keep high GI carbs in play after his workouts, and the make sure not to mess with his macros for the rest of the day and on off days.

People don't always get what it takes to make your body stay happy when you increase the intensity of your workouts. I have always looked at like, 'ok, I am shocking my body and mind, I need to satisfy them with what comforts them. Food and rest.'

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He is a smart dude, just looking to go the right path. He needs to up the calories, keep high GI carbs in play after his workouts, and the make sure not to mess with his macros for the rest of the day and on off days.

People don't always get what it takes to make your body stay happy when you increase the intensity of your workouts. I have always looked at like, 'ok, I am shocking my body and mind, I need to satisfy them with what comforts them. Food and rest.'
My worst enemy has always been late night carbs.....I get so hungry...Ill wake up and eat in the middle of the night because my metabolism is so fast.
I try to eat trail mix as the nuts slow digestion a bit. Still starving when I wake.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
My worst enemy has always been late night carbs.....I get so hungry...Ill wake up and eat in the middle of the night because my metabolism is so fast. I try to eat trail mix as the nuts slow digestion a bit. Still starving when I wake.
Yea trying to sleep when it feels like your stomach is caving in is almost impossible

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have had two-three pb+j sandwiches for the last 10 years along with a 24oz glass of milk. My wife laughs because it is clockwork. And I mean like maybe 2-3oz of pb on each one. My last meal of the day basically is 60g protein, 20g carbs, and whatever fat. Every. single. night.

Woohoo to genetics! ......and trt

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea trying to sleep when it feels like your stomach is caving in is almost impossible
For a guy like me that has always kind of been the running joke with what I can eat, IF has been crazy in terms of mind over matter. Now I simply eat 1500-2000 calories in a single meal. It certainly hasn't helped the jokes, but whatever. lol

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have had two-three pb+j sandwiches for the last 10 years along with a 24oz glass of milk. My wife laughs because it is clockwork. And I mean like maybe 2-3oz of pb on each one. My last meal of the day basically is 60g protein, 20g carbs, and whatever fat. Every. single. night.

Woohoo to genetics! ......and trt
d!ck......

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For a guy like me that has always kind of been the running joke with what I can eat, IF has been crazy in terms of mind over matter. Now I simply eat 1500-2000 calories in a single meal. It certainly hasn't helped the jokes, but whatever. lol
2000 cal meal? Whoa mama. Has to be fast foods lol

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i love 2,000 calorie "clean meals," so much volume in my opinion its so satisfying. former fatty, so i use my post workout meal as a 1,500 calorie, 200+g of carb bonanza, and i love it
Man, i can't do that. Unless I had gotten almost all my calories and it's a later dinner or something and I'm starving lol. Pop 2 recompadrol before that meal lol.

Usually meals that big are DELICIOUS!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woke up at 7:30 and popped a pill at 8:15. Gym at 8:45am. Lets goooooo!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2000 cal meal? Whoa mama. Has to be fast foods lol
No fast foods here. I mean, if I take my kids every now and then I will grab a burger or something, but I don't go myself. At least a few times a week I don't feel like eating that much, so I fill in the rest with a shake.

24oz milk 330cal
2 scoop protein 280cal
2 greek yog 300 cal
2 scoop pb 300
choc malt 120

Boom, right there is 1330 cal. And I will slam that in about 30 sec.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No fast foods here. I mean, if I take my kids every now and then I will grab a burger or something, but I don't go myself. At least a few times a week I don't feel like eating that much, so I fill in the rest with a shake. 24oz milk 330cal 2 scoop protein 280cal 2 greek yog 300 cal 2 scoop pb 300 choc malt 120 Boom, right there is 1330 cal. And I will slam that in about 30 sec.
I never eat from fast foods. Lol. My pregnant wife and son stay eating there every day. If I eat a burger in which I love, I'll eat it from a good spot. Like Bareburgers. Mmmmmm

Oh I feel you on the shakes. I do the same especially when bulking. Right now my shake only consist of two scoop of whey with a scoop of pb. I do two of those shakes but my second one with almond milk. No whole milk for me lol. Once u go almond milk u don't go back.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 8 April 14th

Hit the Gym on a empty stomach as usual.

Mind you I didn't sleep much. My daughter constantly got up at night with a slight fever and I still got up early and killed the gym.

Today was shoulders and biceps.

Endurance is insane with this. I've never felt so energized and eager to hit the next set. I catch my breath easily.

Strength is not necessarily higher but rep range on my usual set is higher with the same weight.

All my workout consist of supersets now due to the endurance this is giving me. I have to take full advantage of it.

Loving this very much. Today i got the best effects thus far.