Hair Loss Prevention

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
I used to use Custom's AA and minox......worked great. But my supply is almost gone. Is Minox.com the best game in town or are there other alternatives at this time?

Thanks for the info in this thread.....very informative.
from what i understand they have the best quality..

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Whats up?

I'm not on anabolic steroids but I figured that I am probably at the right thread and was looking for some advice.

I have Seborrhoeic dermatitis. The wikipedia page below:
Seborrhoeic dermatitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, fortunately, I take the medication to have it off my face (so its completely cleared) but it ruined my scalp. Its too thick and I believe it started choking off some follicles. Thing is, it has been this way since I was 11 or 12.

I got the whole "you are going bald" thing for years. My hairline has yet to budge at any area. They were just playing around, thats not the issue.

So I thought, "Well, hell, maybe I will give it a serious shot." Maybe I can get the sebum controlled and have some regrowth. I'm sure its possible.

My preliminary plan is to get apple cider vinegar, Spiro, Azelaic Acid, Saw Palmetto, Vitamin B6, and MSM. I already have the latter three. I just wanted to ask you all some questions before dropping the cash on the Spiro and Azelaic Acid. I'm thinking of getting those two at minoxidil.com.

I'll be hitting the sauna daily. I do that a couple times a week after a workout to relax but since there are naked dudes in there, I usually skip on those days. I will tolerate the nakedness for this plan. The idea is to get the skin cleared up. Then I will shower and use the three shampoo rotations afterwards. Get the excess sebum off of my scalp.

My question is that since the thin hair is diffusely thinned, not just at a specific point, how do I tackle this problem?

I hope this hasn't been asked and addressed before but I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.

steve777

Awards
The experiment-
You may want to invest in a bottle or two of Polysorbaste 80. whenever you shampoo, Mix a few drops of P80 into your shampoo. It is supposed to work great for removing sebum buildup. It works best with just a few drops - if you get too much or attempt to use it "straight" it tends to coagulate and makes it difficult to get good coverage. P80 is cheap at puritan's pride. Good luck.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The Hair Regrowth Shampoo at minoxidil.com may also be beneficial - the Salicylic acid and Ketoconazole are also supposed to remove sebum buildup.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestions. Here is my plan:

I will get the Hair Regrowth Shampoo from minoxidil.com.

I am still getting the 2% Spiro solution and dabbing it along my hairline. Who knows, I might start balding. So it will be something like a pre-emptive strike.

I will get the P80 and use it in my shampoo. I'll rotate three shampoo bottles a week - the Regrowth formula, the Nizoral 1% (which I use), and the Neutrogena coal tar shampoo. I'll get a good conditioner also.

I also have apple cider vinegar (couldn't find Bragg so I got Heinz instead) that I will take two slightly overflowing tablespoons twice daily. I will take 320 mg of Saw Palmetto a day (2 x twice daily), 2g of MSM, and 2 x Vitamin B complex.

The strategy is twofold: one is to regulate the sebum levels on my head to a theoretically normal amount and the other is to stimulate hair regrowth.

This is my plan from now until August 31st. I am going to take pictures of my scalp once a month to see potential progress. After 8/31, judging growth, I will either continue my plan or I will begin to invest in a laser comb. Then I will see how the second phase will work out, which will last until December 31st.

So in short, I am planning eight months or so to see if it is possible to see signs of hair regrowth. I feel this is sufficient to see if signs of regrowth are prevalent. I believe that there is still a good chance of seeing regrowth, as long as I am 100% consistent with the plan.

I will keep you all updated.

Edit: Here is my current status. This is after a shower so its easier to see the scalp. The first picture (001) is the side of my head. The second picture (002) is at the top.

Last edited:

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A brief update:

I broke down and ordered the laser comb from the Amazing Laser Comb website. I didn't feel like assembling my own. I only ordered the 4 laser one. I can spend a little more time going through my head with the comb and have $50 more in my pocket.

I also got the stuff from minoxidil.com. The prices are very nice. I was expecting to pay a lot more.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A question:

The Laser Brush website recommends doing it at night but it also recommends doing it after you showered. Now, I shower earlier in the day because of lifting.

So my question is should I do use it after the shower or before I go to bed. I usually take a 10 second shower to get my hair wet so I can dry it and then use the brush. I'm not sure which is the better time.

Thanks.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I dont think it matters really bro. After you get out of the shower, your pores are open and that generally helps transdermal absorption. Dont know how it would work for the laser brush though.

Its just easy to use it right before bed, because you're already laying down and its no big deal to hold the brush on your head for 10 min.

BV

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
God damn laser combs are still $300-$600. I thought after the FDA news demand would spike, competition would increase, and price would come down. Guess none of that really happened yet.

I know these pieces of **** dont cost $600. Somebody is making a killing with some FAT profit margins.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone speak for this product? Anyone purchase it? Is it the EXACT same laser used in the other models? Im a bit skeptical of ALL these laser comb retailers. I would love some feedback.
Its actually a more powerful array of lasers. The 'expensive' laser comb uses a 15mW laser and a dispertion array to divide it up into 6 beams at 2.5mW each.(I think) This brush, and the one you can build yourself, uses individual 5mW laser diodes. Both the homemade brush and the expensive comb use the same frequency of 650nm.

I can testify that the laser comb definitely has a positive effect. The one I built for $50 has 6 laser diodes and I use it about 3-4 times a week at 10 minutes per session. I was using it every day - but my hair has grown back to near full thickness so Ive let off a little.

The night after a laser comb session, I usually dont lose any hair at all in the AM shower. If I dont use it for a week or so, Ill notice 4-5 strands after a vigorous shampoo.

If your handy with drill and solder iron Alpine its one of the easiest projects you can build - hell I put mine together on the couch while I was watching a movie. All the parts are availabe on Ebay pretty much dirt cheap.

BV

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
If your handy with drill and solder iron Alpine its one of the easiest projects you can build - hell I put mine together on the couch while I was watching a movie. All the parts are availabe on Ebay pretty much dirt cheap.

BV
I'm not much of a handy man. I dont even have any tools... besdies that I have law finals coming up, no time for a lil project.

I may check that $100 one out though. Laser combs work, besides minox and finasteride this is the ONLY new FDA approved treatment. Only side effect is a lighter wallet. :D

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Might as well update.

- I was not a patient of Dr. Lee's so I bought Spiro 2% and Nizoral 2% at Wholesale Hair Products. Price wasn't bad. I also got P80 and put a few drops and mixed it with my Nizoral 1%

- I do not know how much Spiro to apply. I just use enough that will allow me to rub it in my temples and hairline. Its usually half of the dropper. To avoid possible dropping test levels, I may just apply to a different region every day, starting tomorrow with the temples.

- I use the brush every other day. I've only done six applications with it. I will be taking progress photos of my hair every ten applications, or 20 days.

- As for the Brush itself, well, its only $80-130 and takes 10 minutes to do every other night. I can think of worse things to spend my money on. It takes little effort.

Not much progress but my plan is for eight months and so far its only been a couple of weeks since the plan really started. I will not repurchase MSM, Saw Palmetto, and Vitamin B Complex. The latter could be argued but I get more than enough Vitamin B from my multivitamin.

I'll probably update again after about 100 days of doing the brush. That should be enough to see progress.

RobDyson

Awards
Recently it seems I've had some shedding, possibly from taking ALRI Restore, since this is the second time I've taken it and the second time I've had a shedding problem. Anyway, I bought some spiro to combat the effects and it seems I am actually shedding more after I used the spiro. Has anyone had similar results or can explain this? Thanks.

norwegianX

Awards
I`m wondring about eucapil, anyone who have any result from use of this?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Recently it seems I've had some shedding, possibly from taking ALRI Restore, since this is the second time I've taken it and the second time I've had a shedding problem. Anyway, I bought some spiro to combat the effects and it seems I am actually shedding more after I used the spiro. Has anyone had similar results or can explain this? Thanks.
Ive had shedding issues with aromatase inhibitors before - the best thing to combat it seems to be finasteride. Most hair-regrowth products cause some initial shedding if you've never used them before. Minoxidil and finasteride are known to do this...although I havent read of Spiro causing it, Im assuming it make be via the same mechanism.

My inhibiting androgens in the scalp, your hair follicles may be forced into a new 'anagen' phase of growth:

Definition: Anagen is the active growth phase of hair follicles. The cells in the root of the hair are dividing rapidly, adding to the hair shaft.

This may cause hairs that are in the 'Teleogen phase' :

Definition: The telogen phase is the resting phase of the hair follicle. At any given time, 10%-15% of all hairs are in the telogen phase. This phase lasts for about 100 days for hairs on the scalp and much longer for hairs on the eyebrow, eyelash, arm and leg.
During this phase the hair follicle is completely at rest and the club hairis completely formed. Pulling out a hair in this phase will reveal a solid, hard, dry, white material at the root.

About 25-100 telogen hairs are shed normally each day.

This would cause these teleogen hairs to be forced out, causing increased shedding. If the hair you're losing has a small, solid white 'ball' on the end, this is probably whats going on.

I`m wondring about eucapil, anyone who have any result from use of this?
A few members have used Eucapil/Fluridil here, but I dont remember who (back in this thread somewhere). Its a general androgen blocker like Spiro, with a much longer half life so it may be more effective. For me personally, Spiro seems to be good enough.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
An update:

Ive made some changes in my hair regrowth protocol that seem to be quite beneficial. Ive been using:

15% Xandrox 1x/day
2% Spiro 1x/night
5% Minox/Retonic Acid 1x/night
1mg Finasteride 1x/night
Regrowth Treatment Shampoo (Nizoral) EOD
Laser Brush 10 min EOD
Pyrithione Zinc shampoo (nights after the gym)
And I just recently switched to:

12.5% Xandrox 2x/day
2% Spiro 1x/night
2.5% Retonic Acid 1x/night
<1mg Finasteride 1x/day
Regrowth Treatment Shampoo (Nizoral) EOD
Laser Brush 10 min EOD
Pyrithione Zinc shampoo (nights after the gym)
The main change here being Ive dropped the 15% Xandrox and 5% Minox/.025% Retonic acid solution for Dr.Lee's 12.5 Minoxidil solution 2x per day, and straight Retonic Acid applied with a dabber bottle along with the minox at night. Azelaic Acid is out of the protocol for now...

The big benefits here are, the 15% Xandrox, while extreemly effective, makes your hair pretty sticky and even with a damp towel getting most of it off, my hair is kinda 'stiff' all day long. The 12.5% solution is only slightly greasy and not sticky at all (the Azelaic Acid makes it sticky, but also allows you to solute 15% Minoxidil by altering the PH)

Ive backed down on the Finasteride a bit, after reading that .5mg doses seem to be as effective as 1mg doses, and it seems to be working just fine.

My hair is thicker now than its been in years, and only continues to improve as time goes on. Even the 'trouble spots' are coming back with the addition of the high strength minoxidil solutions, and round-the-clock DHT inhibition via the Spiro at night and Finasteride during the day.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Some progress pics:

This is me at ~26-27.

And this morning, 4 years later at 31, straight out of the shower with a brief towel-dry:

That's with 5 bright overhead lights as well - as you can see some very slight thinness at the vertex of the scalp, but as soon as my hair is dry its not noticeable. If current progress is any indicator, within 6-8 months it should be a lot thicker.

Now watch, because I said that, Ill wake up next week with 1400 hairs on my pillow:D
BV

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is some great progress.

I'm starting to notice some hair regrowth. When I apply the Spiro to my hairline, I've discovered several very short (1/4 inch or less) hairs along my hair line. When doing the temples, one side was very sharp. Now its rounded and in its place, a lot of small, fine hairs that are starting to grow.

I'll show the pics on Day 100 but its nice to see results taking place only about three weeks in. Definitely encouraging results.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BigV - that's some great progress....but it reminds me of a magazine ad inasmuch as 1) the before pictures are sopping wet with gel and the after pic is dry, 2) different angle, 3) after pic is with longer hair.

i can see that you've made progress, but it is certainly unclear as to the reality of it, with the photos being the way they are. not busting your balls, just pointing it out. i know we ALL try to convince ourselves of things WRT our manes when we're on these protocols, myself included. not saying you are fabricating, just bringing the ambiguity to light.

steve777

Awards
BigV-
thanks for the post. Why did you drop the AA? Also have you tried saw palmetto oil? It is supposed to be a natural, very effective DHT inhibitor. I have tried 5% Spiro before and it did seem to work but my blood potassium levels went WAY up. Also I got some pretty severe headaches directly after applying it. Maybe it was too concentrated for me. Where did you find the Laser Brush and Pyrithione Zinc shampoo?

RobDyson

Awards
Ive had shedding issues with aromatase inhibitors before - the best thing to combat it seems to be finasteride. Most hair-regrowth products cause some initial shedding if you've never used them before. Minoxidil and finasteride are known to do this...although I havent read of Spiro causing it, Im assuming it make be via the same mechanism.

My inhibiting androgens in the scalp, your hair follicles may be forced into a new 'anagen' phase of growth:

Definition: Anagen is the active growth phase of hair follicles. The cells in the root of the hair are dividing rapidly, adding to the hair shaft.

This may cause hairs that are in the 'Teleogen phase' :

Definition: The telogen phase is the resting phase of the hair follicle. At any given time, 10%-15% of all hairs are in the telogen phase. This phase lasts for about 100 days for hairs on the scalp and much longer for hairs on the eyebrow, eyelash, arm and leg.
During this phase the hair follicle is completely at rest and the club hairis completely formed. Pulling out a hair in this phase will reveal a solid, hard, dry, white material at the root.

About 25-100 telogen hairs are shed normally each day.

This would cause these teleogen hairs to be forced out, causing increased shedding. If the hair you're losing has a small, solid white 'ball' on the end, this is probably whats going on.

A few members have used Eucapil/Fluridil here, but I dont remember who (back in this thread somewhere). Its a general androgen blocker like Spiro, with a much longer half life so it may be more effective. For me personally, Spiro seems to be good enough.

BV
Hey thanks for the advice, very helpful.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
i can see that you've made progress, but it is certainly unclear as to the reality of it, with the photos being the way they are. not busting your balls, just pointing it out. i know we ALL try to convince ourselves of things WRT our manes when we're on these protocols, myself included. not saying you are fabricating, just bringing the ambiguity to light.
LOL bro you're totally right it does look like a cheesy snake oil commercial!

So here you go, same camera, same gel, hair soaking wet directly under my vanity mirror lights with a direct camera flash:

Similar hair style to the old 'before pics', with direct lighting:

Vertex:

Soaking wet and combed forward, with gel:

Hairline with photoshop sunglasses:)

The hair does look a little thin on top when its soaking wet and gelled, but it pretty much always has. The pics from when I was 26 were taken at a family dinner - I was about to leave for work and had spent 20 minutes in the bathroom trying to make it look like I wasnt going bald. It wasnt soaking wet either - had some gel in it but otherwise it was dry. My greasy italian hair is always shiny under bright lighting:p

The pics I just took were right after I held my head under the bathtub faucet and ran a handful of gel through it, taken with direct light trying to show the thin spots as best as possible.

I'm also 4 years older, and nearly all the men on my Dad's side of the family have had a lot less hair on their head at my age.

I wish I had pics from back then taken the same way - hopefully these will work as a good reference for the future. When its completely dry, it doesnt look thin at all and that's good enough for me at the moment. I dont think Ill ever have a super thick mane like someone who isnt afflicted with MPB,because I never have - I started thinning at 22. 8 months ago when my hair was dry Id look at myself in mirrors while I was in clothing stores with bright lights, etc -and the frontal thinning was painfully obvious. Its really not noticeable anymore.

Either all the crap I put on my head is working or the Androgenic Alopecia reversed itself...

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BigV-
thanks for the post. Why did you drop the AA? Also have you tried saw palmetto oil? It is supposed to be a natural, very effective DHT inhibitor. I have tried 5% Spiro before and it did seem to work but my blood potassium levels went WAY up. Also I got some pretty severe headaches directly after applying it. Maybe it was too concentrated for me. Where did you find the Laser Brush and Pyrithione Zinc shampoo?
I didnt explicitly want to stop the AA - its not a part of the 12.5% minoxidil solution so for now its not being applied. I may go back to the 15% w/AA, or make my own AA solution in a small dabber bottle to be applied along with the minox.

How do you know your K levels went up bro? Were you getting heart palpatations and whatnot, or did you get blood work, etc? Im very careful with Spironolactone - because its such a potent androgen inhibitor and can have some pretty nasty side effects, I only use the 2% solution, 1x per day. I also apply it with a dabber bottle (on Balding) and only to the areas of my scalp affected by MPB.

Ive never been able to measure it, but I'd say its quite a bit less than 1mL per day. I do need to get blood work done to ensure this treatment regeimen isnt causing and 'hidden' sides (like you mentioned, a K level increase in particular)

Laser Brush I built myself, although you can get an inexpensive one from Amazing Laser Brush - The Affordable Laser Comb. Im working on a step by step tutorial that I can post up here at AM, so many people ask about it and its really an easy project and its inexpensive too.

Thanks foe the tip on the SP oil! Do you apply that directly to the scalp or are you taking the gel caps? I dont use it currently - but honestly if I could find something to replace the efficacy of the Spiro I'd be all for it.

Spiro seems to be a very helpful addition in preventing hairloss - but ideally Id like to keep its use to on-cycle only.

I havent looked into Fluridil much yet - perhaps it is a better, safer option.

BV

steve777

Awards
I didnt explicitly want to stop the AA - its not a part of the 12.5% minoxidil solution so for now its not being applied. I may go back to the 15% w/AA, or make my own AA solution in a small dabber bottle to be applied along with the minox.

How do you know your K levels went up bro? Were you getting heart palpatations and whatnot, or did you get blood work, etc? Im very careful with Spironolactone - because its such a potent androgen inhibitor and can have some pretty nasty side effects, I only use the 2% solution, 1x per day. I also apply it with a dabber bottle (on Balding) and only to the areas of my scalp affected by MPB.

Ive never been able to measure it, but I'd say its quite a bit less than 1mL per day. I do need to get blood work done to ensure this treatment regeimen isnt causing and 'hidden' sides (like you mentioned, a K level increase in particular)

Laser Brush I built myself, although you can get an inexpensive one from Amazing Laser Brush - The Affordable Laser Comb. Im working on a step by step tutorial that I can post up here at AM, so many people ask about it and its really an easy project and its inexpensive too.

Thanks foe the tip on the SP oil! Do you apply that directly to the scalp or are you taking the gel caps? I dont use it currently - but honestly if I could find something to replace the efficacy of the Spiro I'd be all for it.

Spiro seems to be a very helpful addition in preventing hairloss - but ideally Id like to keep its use to on-cycle only.

I havent looked into Fluridil much yet - perhaps it is a better, safer option.

BV
My K was up to 5.3 mmol/L (normal range 3.5-5.2) from a blood test. I was having no obvious side effects but my doctor freaked out when he saw the blood test. Told me to quit eating bananas and get off all supplements. At the time, I had no idea what could have caused it. But after further research I know believe it was the Spiro. High K is a side effect (because of Spiros diuretic effect?). I had been taking about 1ml/day of the 5% 1X/day for about 3-4 weeks at the time of the blood test. Right now I am taking SP gel caps oral and also cutting up SP gel caps, putting them in some ethly alcohol and a bit of Polysorbate 80 (to emulsify the SP oil) then using a dropper to put the solution directly on the scalp. Hitting it in all directions! I would be interested in the laser comb!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Here's the hair dry, directly under the camera flash:

BV

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cool bro. definitely some progress! i think i am jealous of your all-over thinning as opposed to my slight, strictly temple recession. but it makes me wonder who will actually LOOK bald sooner ;) probably me, as your hairline will likely hang around. anywho.

oh, i was one of the ones who tried fluridil. i liked it; i think it's a good product. it's just so damn expensive considering how much spiro juice i can make for pennies.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
cool bro. definitely some progress! i think i am jealous of your all-over thinning as opposed to my slight, strictly temple recession. but it makes me wonder who will actually LOOK bald sooner probably me, as your hairline will likely hang around. anywho.

oh, i was one of the ones who tried fluridil. i liked it; i think it's a good product. it's just so damn expensive considering how much spiro juice i can make for pennies.
Thanks brutha. Yeah, its definitely come a long way over the past couple years. With the camera flash right on it, you can make out the thin spots. In regular lighting its really hard to tell there's any thinning at all.

Yeah, that diffuse thinning is a ***** but seems to respond really well to the high-potency minoxidil. My hairline is staying put too...but we'll see how long that lasts.

Either way the 'kitchen-sink' approach is what really started working for me...but who knows for how long.

Hair will be around longer than without it though, that's for sure :)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hi NorwegianX,

That laser brush will work just as well as the high priced model...they both use the same wave length laser diodes (650nm) to do their thing.

I built my own, which is identical in design to the 'AmazingLaserBrush' models, and I have seen positive results.

BV

norwegianX

Awards
Hi NorwegianX,

That laser brush will work just as well as the high priced model...they both use the same wave length laser diodes (650nm) to do their thing.

I built my own, which is identical in design to the 'AmazingLaserBrush' models, and I have seen positive results.

BV
Thank for you help BV:)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BigVrunga again.

steve777

Awards
Hi NorwegianX,

BV
BV-
Just curious, what did it cost you to build your brush? How many lights are on it?

norwegianX

Awards
BV: Wich of these brush would you recommand me to order, if the price is no importan?

Amazing Laser Brush - The Affordable Laser Comb

Another thing, I have been ordring from minioxdil before. I have to use the Norwegian choice because of the norwegian custom(who suck btw). Because of this I have to choose between some other products, not all the same product`s who are ment for the american market.

I have been using the xandrox 12,5% lotion and the Minoxidil Solution 12.5% with Propylene Glycol. I use the Xandrox at the night and the minoxidil aat the morning. Would it be better to add a minoxidil-product whit retin A, or would it be better to add Retin A on the scalp and then minoxidil/ Xandrox? I was thinking to add some spiro, when do you think i should use this when I`m taking the other stuff?

PS: Guess my english makes you beliv that this is retard moron:p

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I have been using the xandrox 12,5% lotion and the Minoxidil Solution 12.5% with Propylene Glycol. I use the Xandrox at the night and the minoxidil aat the morning. Would it be better to add a minoxidil-product whit retin A, or would it be better to add Retin A on the scalp and then minoxidil/ Xandrox? I was thinking to add some spiro, when do you think i should use this when I`m taking the other stuff?
Thanks
Hey bro,

I took a look under the options for Norway and it looks like you can get all the same stuff we can here in the US so that's good.

I think retin-A definitely adds to the protocol, as I seems to regrow more hair faster when its in there. At night,I'll apply the 2% spiro , and then an hour or so later apply the Retin-A (.025 % solution in the dabber bottle) and the immediately after that apply the 12.5 % Minoxidil solution.

One thing to mention, since Ive gone from 15% Xandrox during the day and 5% Minox/Retin-A at night to 12.5% Minox 1x per day, Ive seen an increase in shedding.

This can either be a really good sign - that the increase in minoxidil hitting the scalp is causing a new growth phase. Or it can be a bad sign - dropping the Azelaic acid during the day is causing an increase of DHT in the scalp and causing hair to fall out. I really hope its the latter! :)

Either of those laser brushes you linked to will do the job. The important thing is the 650nm wavelength diodes putting out around 3 - 5mW. That's what seems to have a positive effect on hair growth.

BV

norwegianX

Awards
Hey bro,

I took a look under the options for Norway and it looks like you can get all the same stuff we can here in the US so that's good.

I think retin-A definitely adds to the protocol, as I seems to regrow more hair faster when its in there. At night,I'll apply the 2% spiro , and then an hour or so later apply the Retin-A (.025 % solution in the dabber bottle) and the immediately after that apply the 12.5 % Minoxidil solution.

One thing to mention, since Ive gone from 15% Xandrox during the day and 5% Minox/Retin-A at night to 12.5% Minox 1x per day, Ive seen an increase in shedding.

This can either be a really good sign - that the increase in minoxidil hitting the scalp is causing a new growth phase. Or it can be a bad sign - dropping the Azelaic acid during the day is causing an increase of DHT in the scalp and causing hair to fall out. I really hope its the latter! :)

Either of those laser brushes you linked to will do the job. The important thing is the 650nm wavelength diodes putting out around 3 - 5mW. That's what seems to have a positive effect on hair growth.

BV
Thank you very mutch for your help bro! I really appreciate your help, you seem to have a lot of knowledge:)

Then I go for the spiro+ Retin-A 0,025% + 12.5 % Minoxidil solution At night.

I didnt really understan what you mean about this:

Didi you mean that you are only using 12,5% Minox on the morning?

Sorry, english is not exactly my strong side.

Thanks again BV:)

norwegianX

Awards
Hey bro,

BV
Thank you very mutch for your help bro! I really appreciate your help, you seem to have a lot of knowledge:)

Then I go for the spiro+ Retin-A 0,025% + 12.5 % Minoxidil solution At night.

I didnt really understan what you mean about this:

Thanks again BV:)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's OK bro I dont speak Norweigan at all:D

Im now using 12.5 Minox 2x per day. Before i was using the 15% during the day and 5% at night.

Thank you very mutch for your help bro! I really appreciate your help, you seem to have a lot of knowledge
Thanks man - I just wanna save my hair:) A LOT of guys on here are very knowledgeble in all aspects of fitness and anti-aging. Take your coat off and stay a while! :D

BV

steve777

Awards
BV-
Just curious, what did it cost you to build your brush? How many lights are on it?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BV-
Hey bro - cost about $50 and I use 6 650nm Laser Diodes.

steve777

Awards
Hey bro - cost about $50 and I use 6 650nm Laser Diodes.
Thanks-that helps me decide if it is worth my while to build my own or just but on outright. I'll probably go for the later. I am using minoxidil foam, saw palmetto mix (Zix mix) and AA 5% at night with some results. But I could use a bit more help. Seems my hair has thicked up a bit the last week or two with the warmer weather we have had here in AZ for the last month or so.

On an unrelated note, noticed on the websites that sell the laser brush, they also sell a laser light for healing soft tissue injuries. Have you by chance used your light for that purpose? If so, have you had any results?

Thanks for all the insights bro...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
the Norwegian language is called "Queef" actually. i had a girlfriend who spoke it...but only during certain activites.
I must spread some reputation around before giving it to same old again...:D

norwegianX

Awards
That's OK bro I dont speak Norweigan at all:D
Hehe, It`s around 4,5 million people who speak Norwegian in the whole world, so no offence;)

Im now using 12.5 Minox 2x per day. Before i was using the 15% during the day and 5% at night.
Ok, thank you for clearing it up for me, I will go for this combo:)

Thanks man - I just wanna save my hair:) A LOT of guys on here are very knowledgeble in all aspects of fitness and anti-aging. Take your coat off and stay a while! :D

BV
Don`t be modest bro, you have an considerable amount of knowledge, respect bro!:)

Thanks, would add you some reputation when I`m allowed to!

norwegianX

Awards
Have been searching around for a Laser brush. Found these:

http://cgi.*********/HAIRPRO-Laser-Comb-Max-Re-Growth-Hair-Thinning-Loss-NEW_W0QQitemZ220112157806QQihZ012QQcategoryZ31413QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Compare Prices on Hairpro Laser Brush

I didn`t really understand the information about this comb. It say that it is 36 LED stimulators, not how maney beams there is.

Lasertron Hair Brush - Hair Growth Rejuvenation System

I didn`t figure out how maney beams there were on this either.

Laser Brush "Buy it now" page

This one with 8 beams looked like to be the best buy, opinions on this anyone?

SpecialK117

Awards
Two questions:

1. Whenever I apply my minoxidil (5% solution made by Kirkland), it leaves the hair in the region kind of dry sticky for the rest of the day. This isn't a problem for the nighttime application, but it bothers me for the AM application. Does anyone else notice this, and is there anything that can be done to prevent it?

2. I was looking at the laser comb here:

Is the only downside to buying a comb with fewer lasers that you will have to spend more time using it because the coverage area is less? A comb with 8 lasers isn't inherently better than one with 6, it just means you will have to spend more time combing with the 6-laser one, correct?

Thanks

steve777

Awards
Two questions:

1. Whenever I apply my minoxidil (5% solution made by Kirkland), it leaves the hair in the region kind of dry sticky for the rest of the day. This isn't a problem for the nighttime application, but it bothers me for the AM application. Does anyone else notice this, and is there anything that can be done to prevent it?

2. I was looking at the laser comb here:

Is the only downside to buying a comb with fewer lasers that you will have to spend more time using it because the coverage area is less? A comb with 8 lasers isn't inherently better than one with 6, it just means you will have to spend more time combing with the 6-laser one, correct?

Thanks
My answers:
1) The only thing I could do to eliminate this problem was to use it only at night. I used the kirkland brand as well. They don't carry it anymore at the store I buy at so i swiched to Rogain foam. It leaves the same residue.
2) I hope so. I just purchased the 8 light brush from the same website with that idea in mind in hopes of getting more coverage in less time. I am going to experiment using the light on a sore hip and shoulder as well to help facilitate healing.