Hair Loss Prevention

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
Sup guys, you read right. My hair has always been thin but recently has reached a new level. What are things I can take to help retain it as long as I see fit? I do want to jump on a cycle in a few months and I’m sure it’s going to kill my hair. So id like to do what I can now to soften the blow as much as possible.

Thank you!

Amanojaku

Awards
Sup guys, you read right. My hair has always been thin but recently has reached a new level. What are things I can take to help retain it as long as I see fit? I do want to jump on a cycle in a few months and I’m sure it’s going to kill my hair. So id like to do what I can now to soften the blow as much as possible.

Thank you!
Nizoral shampoo + (finasteride or Minoxidil)

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
25 brother

At 25 if its starting to go its going to unless you do finasteride. Finasteride can have some side effects. Its a serious decision if you go down that road. There are horror stories out there which I think are a bit overblown but it can impact libido for sure. Do a ton of research before taking that leap. I am one of the lucky ones as it hasnt impacted me too much. Been on it forever. Started at 23 (over 40 now) and i still have a full head of hair.

A cycle will speed up your hair loss even with finasteride. Stay away from the DHT based compounds. Maybe Trest/Ment or a good sarm cycle

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
At 25 if its starting to go its going to unless you do finasteride. Finasteride can have some side effects. Its a serious decision if you go down that road. There are horror stories out there which I think are a bit overblown but it can impact libido for sure. Do a ton of research before taking that leap. I am one of the lucky ones as it hasnt impacted me too much. Been on it forever. Started at 23 (over 40 now) and i still have a full head of hair.

A cycle will speed up your hair loss even with finasteride. Stay away from the DHT based compounds. Maybe Trest/Ment or a good sarm cycle
What other sides besides libido have been shared by users?

Amanojaku

Awards
What’s the difference between nizoral shampoo and the main ingredient in Rigain?
What is Ketoconazole(nizoral)? It is a drug prescribed mainly for mycosis, pityriasis versicolor, seborrheic dermatitis, and as a mild antiandrogenic inhibitor(similar at 2% of Minoxidil). Fortunately, ketoconazole is part of the list of products that -in some people- work.

Minoxidil prolongs the survival of keratinocytes and stimulates the reproduction of hair bulbs by being a vasodilator. Likewise, it acts as an agonist of potassium channels, preventing calcium from stopping hair growth.

Personally I have never used Minoxidil in shampoo, I used a 5% pharmacy solution that I left because my head itched too much (it's a possible side effect)

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Save your money for a hair transplant ?
It's getting cheaper every year in Turkey or Thailand.

By the time you spend money on supplements, with little results you'd be better off spending it on something which works 75-90%.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did a bit of looking into this stuff before and remember people saying that nizoral+minoxidil is a good combo. Finasteride seems to be heavier on side effects.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Save your money for hair implants, it's like under $1 a hair now.

After years of buying supplements, you'll spend thousands and as soon as you stop you'll lose it all.

Research is showing implants 90% take, and regrow permanently.

Thailand, Turkey seem to be the best places.

Just my honest view, I have loads of hair but if I receed I'll just be doing this. ?

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
FUE hair transplant in turkey at a German Clinic will run from 5-9k. It's a 45k surgery in America. They've perfected the surgery now and it's your hair. I say a German clinic because shill clinics that do botch surgery jobs do exist. Just find a real one and drop the cash and you'll have a full head of hair again that won't fall out. I think people really don't even know this option exists and it's now the most popular and permanent hair solution in the world.

I'm not saying the price tag is cheap. It's a definite goal you need to save up for and really want. It's a crazy thing to do but worth it. I moved back in with my parents and just didn't spend a dime for 5 months to get the cash.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FUE hair transplant in turkey at a German Clinic will run from 5-9k. It's a 45k surgery in America. They've perfected the surgery now and it's your hair. I say a German clinic because shill clinics that do botch surgery jobs do exist. Just find a real one and drop the cash and you'll have a full head of hair again that won't fall out. I think people really don't even know this option exists and it's now the most popular and permanent hair solution in the world.

I'm not saying the price tag is cheap. It's a definite goal you need to save up for and really want. It's a crazy thing to do but worth it. I moved back in with my parents and just didn't spend a dime for 5 months to get the cash.
Cost varies, I'd probably only need 1,000 hairs. I've literally receded 1cm in 10 years, but it annoys me.

The avg, would definitely require alot more.
Women spend much more on their breasts etc

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I just had to drop my trest e and trest ace cycle because of my hair shedding like crazy. Trest is very androgenic and I love it but I’m getting too old to run the stuff I guess.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I just had to drop my trest e and trest ace cycle because of my hair shedding like crazy. Trest is very androgenic and I love it but I’m getting too old to run the stuff I guess.
Indeed. Trest was very hard on my hair as well. Great gains but not worth it for me. Sadly, SARMs, Halo and low-dosed Test is about all my hair can handle these days.

Maybe it's time for peptides...

210LBS

Awards
  • Established

45k?? I know people who have had that procedure for much cheaper here in the USA. It depends how many grafts you get obviously. But I've seen it done in the 20-30k range.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Minox
Keto shampoo
Finasteride
Dutasteride
I have used the combo of Keto shampoo,Dutasteride and Minox and it worked BUT it was impossible to lose fat when on Dutasteride and I felt bloated.
I stopped Duta because of this.
Some says "Stay away from DHT based products", but I don't think it is that easy.
I have DHT related hair loss and I have used EPI-Andro(DHT) several times but I have not seen any hair loss from it.
I have used 1-Andro and saw notably hair loss and it was the same with 11-Keto.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Minox
Keto shampoo
Finasteride
Dutasteride
I have used the combo of Keto shampoo,Dutasteride and Minox and it worked BUT it was impossible to lose fat when on Dutasteride and I felt bloated.
I stopped Duta because of this.
Some says "Stay away from DHT based products", but I don't think it is that easy.
I have DHT related hair loss and I have used EPI-Andro(DHT) several times but I have not seen any hair loss from it.
I have used 1-Andro and saw notably hair loss and it was the same with 11-Keto.
Yeah I'm starting to think there is no one answer for all when it comes to hair loss and PHs/AAS. I know someone who had no predisposition to MPB and when he starting using his first PH he had alopecia - but not the MPB kind. He started losing patches of hair on his head and face. It was weird. Was it related to the PHs? I don't know, but it is odd that that is when it started. Eventually he stopped it, got treatment, and it went back to normal. Point is, everyone's body seems to react differently to these drugs.

On a side note, I was considering running an oral product with 11-OXO with hdrol because I thought it would be mild on the hairline but I'm starting to reevaluate that now with what you said.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
Indeed. Trest was very hard on my hair as well. Great gains but not worth it for me. Sadly, SARMs, Halo and low-dosed Test is about all my hair can handle these days.

Maybe it's time for peptides...
How low do you run your test?

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I'm starting to think there is no one answer for all when it comes to hair loss and PHs/AAS. I know someone who had no predisposition to MPB and when he starting using his first PH he had alopecia - but not the MPB kind. He started losing patches of hair on his head and face. It was weird. Was it related to the PHs? I don't know, but it is odd that that is when it started. Eventually he stopped it, got treatment, and it went back to normal. Point is, everyone's body seems to react differently to these drugs.

On a side note, I was considering running an oral product with 11-OXO with hdrol because I thought it would be mild on the hairline but I'm starting to reevaluate that now with what you said.
I have done several Hdrol cycles over the years and I have never seen any hair loss from it.
I think 11 Keto is special.
This is what "HenryV" wrote re.11 Keto and hairloss:
"11-keto is one of the few PHs that undergoes 5a-reduction.
5-AR, which converts test to DHT and test-like compounds to DHT-like compounds. Where the products are stronger androgens than the original compounds that means that those steroids are often bad for the hair, since they are converted to the stronger androgens in places with lots of 5-AR. Those places are also DHT-sensitive tissues like the prostate and scalp.

The real question with this compound(11-keto) is how androgenic are the 5a-reduced metabolites. I dunno the answer. Worth noting perhaps that this is one of the only PHs that something like finasteride could be run alongside to reduce androgenic effects, not that I am recommending it."

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I have done several Hdrol cycles over the years and I have never seen any hair loss from it.
I think 11 Keto is special.
This is what "HenryV" wrote re.11 Keto and hairloss:
"11-keto is one of the few PHs that undergoes 5a-reduction.
5-AR, which converts test to DHT and test-like compounds to DHT-like compounds. Where the products are stronger androgens than the original compounds that means that those steroids are often bad for the hair, since they are converted to the stronger androgens in places with lots of 5-AR. Those places are also DHT-sensitive tissues like the prostate and scalp.

The real question with this compound(11-keto) is how androgenic are the 5a-reduced metabolites. I dunno the answer. Worth noting perhaps that this is one of the only PHs that something like finasteride could be run alongside to reduce androgenic effects, not that I am recommending it."
Hmm... 11-OXO/11-KT doesn't seem like a great risk/reward compound then. Now I'm stuck with 4 bottles of this AMF Alpha Forma-V crap.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
11-oxo (Adrenosterone) is a weak androgen that needs conversion to 11-DHT or 11-KDHT to exert stronger anabolic/androgenic effects. It's hard to pin down the conversion rate but it's speculated (and will be different for everybody) that anywhere where from 10-50% of 11-oxo gets converted to 11-Keto, and it can convert back to 11-oxo via the same enzyme the converts it to 11-KT. I have some more info on estimated conversion rate but I have them on another hard drive.

Low-dose 11-oxo should not cause a noticeable increase in MPB. It is more of a selective inhibitor of 11bHSD1 that converts cortisone to cortisol, among other things.

All steroids that are considered "mild" can aggravate MPB when the circumstances are right. These effects are almost always dependent on dose and duration, and of course genetics.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/279897-prohormones-hair-loss-2.html#post5333696

11oxo-KT.jpg

11oxokt.jpg

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
11-oxo (Adrenosterone) is a weak androgen that needs conversion to 11-DHT or 11-KDHT to exert stronger anabolic/androgenic effects. It's hard to pin down the conversion rate but it's speculated (and will be different for everybody) that anywhere where from 10-50% of 11-oxo gets converted to 11-Keto, and it can convert back to 11-oxo via the same enzyme the converts it to 11-KT. I have some more info on estimated conversion rate but I have them on another hard drive.

Low-dose 11-oxo should not cause a noticeable increase in MPB. It is more of a selective inhibitor of 11bHSD1 that converts cortisone to cortisol, among other things.

All steroids that are considered "mild" can aggravate MPB when the circumstances are right. These effects are almost always dependent on dose and duration, and of course genetics.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/279897-prohormones-hair-loss-2.html#post5333696

View attachment 160405

View attachment 160406
Ah good information. I'll be taking 2 caps which I figure I'll only be getting around 200mgs of 11-OXO orally dosed, which is considered low. Good stuff! Thanks!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ah good information. I'll be taking 2 caps which I figure I'll only be getting around 200mgs of 11-OXO orally dosed, which is considered low. Good stuff! Thanks!
Did you ever run this? How’d it go and was there any hair loss? Was 200mgs effective?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

So, now you can be like, “Hey, ladies, I got a full head of hair. Wanna come back to my mom’s place and f*ck?”

I’m just messing with you, but that is some serious dedication toward saving your hair. Even if my d!ck was about to fall off and I needed to save for surgery, I still wouldn’t move back in with my parents haha.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I’m losing my hair too. Its starting to recede and I’m only 25 but most the men in my family lose it by late 20’s. Part of me is eager for it to just be done with. I imagine the good part about being bald is that you don’t have to worry about going bald.

Dholmes90

Awards
And I’m losing my hair too. Its starting to recede and I’m only 25 but most the men in my family lose it by late 20’s. Part of me is eager for it to just be done with. I imagine the good part about being bald is that you don’t have to worry about going bald.
That's exactly why I'm going to shave my head sooner than later lol. I'm getting tired of seeing my hair gradually get more and more thinner in the crown area and it's adding more stress than I really need right now. I'm already making a plan for how I want to look next year.

Gonna bulk up over the winter, grow the beard out, and when I feel like looking smart, wear my thick framed glasses. Ahh, also gonna make sure I have a tan too by next summer. If you feel confident that you'll still look good without hair, then there's really no reason to hold on to it if you're already in the process of losing it. Create a new identity for yourself.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's exactly why I'm going to shave my head sooner than later lol. I'm getting tired of seeing my hair gradually get more and more thinner in the crown area and it's adding more stress than I really need right now. I'm already making a plan for how I want to look next year.

Gonna bulk up over the winter, grow the beard out, and when I feel like looking smart, wear my thick framed glasses. Ahh, also gonna make sure I have a tan too by next summer. If you feel confident that you'll still look good without hair, then there's really no reason to hold on to it if you're already in the process of losing it. Create a new identity for yourself.
Haha yes. This is exactly what you have to do. Im also in the process of creating a new imagine so that way I don’t feel like the rug is pulled out from under me and I’m suddenly lacking confidence or struggling with my identity. My hair is as golden as it comes and I’ve always worn it long. It became a part of me without me thinking about it but I would literally have strangers yelling at me, “hey it’s Thor!” About three weeks ago I cut it short for the first time in almost a decade and I actually like it more this way. In the next 6 months to a year I’ll see what it looks like shaved. And personally, I always choose to wear either a huge beard or a more neat, medium length one, but no matter what the mustache is the focal point. It’s like a Friedrich Nietzsche mustache. At least I know that hair will never fall out. I like the glasses idea you have. I’m 20/20 vision so there’s no point in doing that but I’ve considered getting tattoos.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just cycle Halodrol and dermacrine or super dhea for the rest of your life... Halo shouldnt kill your hair and the other two shouldnt either, plus they have some dht blocking ingredients.

If we all hold out for another 4-5 years the hairloss cure will be here, I promise :<>

Dholmes90

Awards
Haha yes. This is exactly what you have to do. Im also in the process of creating a new imagine so that way I don’t feel like the rug is pulled out from under me and I’m suddenly lacking confidence or struggling with my identity. My hair is as golden as it comes and I’ve always worn it long. It became a part of me without me thinking about it but I would literally have strangers yelling at me, “hey it’s Thor!” About three weeks ago I cut it short for the first time in almost a decade and I actually like it more this way. In the next 6 months to a year I’ll see what it looks like shaved. And personally, I always choose to wear either a huge beard or a more neat, medium length one, but no matter what the mustache is the focal point. It’s like a Friedrich Nietzsche mustache. At least I know that hair will never fall out. I like the glasses idea you have. I’m 20/20 vision so there’s no point in doing that but I’ve considered getting tattoos.
Friedrich Nietzsche, eh? I dig it. Tattoos are a good idea! I'm thinking about getting one next year actually. My dad passed away a few months ago so I'll either get a tattoo in remembrance to him, and there's a few verses I really like from the bible too. The question is where do I want to put it? Haha. I usually wear contacts most of the time. I really only wear glasses on days when I've got absolutely nothing to do. Though I'm considering getting lasik surgery next year because it'd be amazing to wake up in the morning with 20/20 vision not having to worry about putting on glasses or contacts for the next 20 plus years. But yea at least we don't have to worry about the hair on our faces falling out like you said haha.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Use Toppix... it really works amazing on thinning areas. If you are full blown bald then you're screwed, but toppix on problem areas you cant even tell it's not real hair.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Use Toppix... it really works amazing on thinning areas. If you are full blown bald then you're screwed, but toppix on problem areas you cant even tell it's not real hair.
The problem with toppix is, after a big night of drinking and you forget you got it on and go to a chicks place, do the deed and sleep on her pillows... there may be some residue haha.

I only use it for scar cover up atm though so don't use too much

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly FUE is like $4,000US in Turkey and they do pretty amazing jobs

I'm basically going to out $50 a week away, and eventually I'll just do FUE if it gets bad enough.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Did you ever run this? How’d it go and was there any hair loss? Was 200mgs effective?
I actually ran it at 3 caps alongside halodrol and 4-dhea... no hairloss issues and I'm extremely prone.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
The problem with toppix is, after a big night of drinking and you forget you got it on and go to a chicks place, do the deed and sleep on her pillows... there may be some residue haha.

I only use it for scar cover up atm though so don't use too much
LOL- it doesn't really smear off for me unless you sweat while your ballz deep

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly FUE is like $4,000US in Turkey and they do pretty amazing jobs

I'm basically going to out $50 a week away, and eventually I'll just do FUE if it gets bad enough.
I got 1,600 grafts in Bangkok for like $3,600 AUD... but yeah I think Turkey has some of the best in the world there

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did you ever update your PRP thread?
Sorry man can't remember I am terrible with updating hahah, but I used it a few times and it helped with growth around my scars... def something that helps a lot with hair loss, but not a cure on its own and need to do it around once or twice a week for like 6 sessions then can go to like maintenance and once every 3-4 months after that, so expensive haha... still looking into creating my own machine and doing it myself which is viable and very cheap

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Worth it?
Still early days, but honestly yes... was receeding quite a lot before... now got all these hairs there and it looks heaps better already. I will potentially get another one in a year or so to thicken up the crown and top of head

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to a clinic in Ankra Turkey next year, I believe it's German run. I found their clinic results being advertised and saved them, not the cheapest clinic, even for turkey, but my word, their results are great. Ill probably need to get 2 transplants, one now, and another in my early 30's. But everyone on my moms side has their hair on the side of their head still (donor area) so I'm not worried about the lasting results.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got 1,600 grafts in Bangkok for like $3,600 AUD... but yeah I think Turkey has some of the best in the world there
It's actually getting cheap in Australia,
I saw 6,000 for $10,000 in Melbourne and Sydney 4,000 for $6,000.

Thailand doesn't seem cheap at all, Turkey seems to be leading. All the Europeans go there, loads of reviews and I saw it for €2,000. Loads of YouTube reviews these days, as people want to see real people, real results.

Unfortunately it's not cheap for someone who only wants limit amount of grafts