Hair Loss Prevention

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
With thin hair, the foam is ten times better, otherwise the liquid runs into your eyes, etc.

camaroguy18

Awards
I lost allot of hair when taking ATD. Also loss of libido. I don't take it anymore.

did it grow back? My ATD cycle was a few months ago, so I'm not entirely sure if it's from that or not...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Lifted, so what do people usually do, stop using the Propecia whilst on cycle, or just not use deca at all?
I don't think deca is worth the sexual-sides, etc. so I just choose not to use it period. JMO though other people it doesn't bother as much. If you've been on anykind of lengthy hair-treatment program I wouldn't risk all the hard work you put into it just for deca... just me though. I'd prefer to run eq like tom said if I was hell bent on stacking another anabolic...

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
does atd and ds activate xtreme cause hair loss. is the stuff that powerful, i know everyone says anything you take that can increase test may lead to hair loss but im not sure if its strong enough. i also take half a propecia a day, i feel like temples have gotten worse.

steve777

Awards
did it grow back? My ATD cycle was a few months ago, so I'm not entirely sure if it's from that or not...
No it has not. Now I am thinking the ATD accelerated what I may eventually have lost anyway. It has been several months now since taking. I was (and still am) doing 5% AA, 5% foam minoxidill, laser comb and saw palmetto but they were not enough to prevent the acceleration. The sides I experienced from ATD were not worth the stregth gains I experienced. I am getting strength gains comparable to the ATD from creatine/beta alanine and BCAAs.

travbedaman

travbedaman

Awards
  • Established
If anyone is interested I started an M-drol (Superdrol) cycle about two weeks ago. I am just running 20mg per day for 5 weeks. I have ran Sdrol a few times before and never really noticed hair loss from it...but in retrospect I not totally sure. So in a few months I'll let the masses know if the hair stayed put or went to hell in a handbasket.

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
If anyone is interested I started an M-drol (Superdrol) cycle about two weeks ago. I am just running 20mg per day for 5 weeks. I have ran Sdrol a few times before and never really noticed hair loss from it...but in retrospect I not totally sure. So in a few months I'll let the masses know if the hair stayed put or went to hell in a handbasket.
eek, 5 weeks straight, are you worried about being lethargic

travbedaman

travbedaman

Awards
  • Established
eek, 5 weeks straight, are you worried about being lethargic
No, I have never gotten lethargic from any PH I have ever used. I have in the past went up to 40mg daily of superdrol and still felt fine.

I want to bump it up to 30mg, but I want to see what happens first with the 20mg dosage.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
For anyone in the know, particularly BV ;)

As was stated earlier in a post, I have noticed regrowth on my head, w/ the use of mino/aa/niz... my question is when I look at these new hairs that are growing in (in the front--hairline, since I can see these the best myself) I notice that some of them are thick, and some of them are still thinner than the rest on my head.

So basically, does the new hairs growing in start out as thinner ones and then eventually grow back in thicker and thicker... or do they just stay thin, or are they supposed to be thicker from the get-go of regrowth and I'm just a weird case?

I can also see, if I look REAL close, I'm starting to get "peach-fuzz" thin hairs growing in even lower on my hairline, will these eventually get thicker too, or have they most-likely been there all the time w/o me noticing them before? Sorry, kinda hard to explain.:lol:

Hopefully those peach-fuzz hairs don't start running rampant and turn me into the wolf-man!!! lmao

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've nearly finished one bottle of Revita, and my hair loss has nearly stopped. I use it daily, and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.

Now, lets see if it grows back. :D

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established

As was stated earlier in a post, I have noticed regrowth on my head, w/ the use of mino/aa/niz... my question is when I look at these new hairs that are growing in (in the front--hairline, since I can see these the best myself) I notice that some of them are thick, and some of them are still thinner than the rest on my head.

So basically, does the new hairs growing in start out as thinner ones and then eventually grow back in thicker and thicker... or do they just stay thin, or are they supposed to be thicker from the get-go of regrowth and I'm just a weird case?

I can also see, if I look REAL close, I'm starting to get "peach-fuzz" thin hairs growing in even lower on my hairline, will these eventually get thicker too, or have they most-likely been there all the time w/o me noticing them before? Sorry, kinda hard to explain.:lol:

Hopefully those peach-fuzz hairs don't start running rampant and turn me into the wolf-man!!! lmao
honestly don't count the peach fuzz to do anything, it won't get back the hair you lost to where it was, it might prevent from you losing more hair.... i tried it for year and honestly i saw peach fuzz nothing spectacular after that so i stopped using it cause i was too paranoid using it day and night it made me miserable, im popping half a propecia pill once a day and forgot about it, and hair has not changed too much, peach fuzz is gone but it wasn't making a difference. but i don't think of my hair constantly like i did before.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I've nearly finished one bottle of Revita, and my hair loss has nearly stopped. I use it daily, and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.

Now, lets see if it grows back. :D
Hey Poison - the ingredient list for Revita looks really good:

Apple PolyphenolProcyanidin B2 & C1
Copper Peptides
Spin Traps
Ketoconazole
Rooibos
MSM
Caffeine 4%
Carnitine Tartrate
Amino Acids
Emu Oil
Biotin
At around $30 a bottle its kind of pricey, but if you're seeing good results it's definitely worth it.

lifted -

They may come in thicker and thicker with each progressive hairloss cycle - or they may just hang out as peach fuzz. Everyone responds differently, and you really need to use a treatment for a good 6-12 months to really gauge how its working for you. The important thing is, once you find a good regimen, don't slack off on it.

I keep making this mistake...my genetic MPB is pretty harsh but with the array of products listed in previous posts Ive been able to arrest it and at times its really pretty thick. But I seems to always get in a comfort zone and slack off every now and then, and the result is always a bunch of lost hair.

For instance, recently in an effort to save a few $$ I stopped using Ketoconazole and dropped finasteride to EOD. I also slacked off using the laser brush just because I was being lazy. Well, after about 2 months I started losing a ton of hair in the shower...I got back on the strict regimen and the hair loss has stopped and it my hair is slowly thickening up - even with using 6-bromo and pulsing Epistane 3x a week.

I had some ideas for a couple homebrew projects for this year...first one is a 'laser hat' - an array of 650nM laser diodes that would cover the whole top of the head, and pulse on and off every 4 seconds. This would probably cost about $200 to build but would make using LLLT much less of a PITA - and probably more effective as it would provide increased coverage.

I'd also like to break out the kitchen chemistry set and start experimenting with various proven herbal extracts in an effort to create my own shampoo. Lemelange.com carries everything one would need to make the shampoo base, and zinc, b6, copper peptides, etc are easy to find in bulk.

Last but not least, with shipping issues and price of PGHT from UniversalKits a homebrew version would be awesome. I used the stuff for 4 months and it did indeed work well - skin and hair looked noticeably better as well as the other positive sides from a mild increase in GH.

All the stuff is, is GABA, GABOB, and acetylglutamine in an application friendly transdermal carrier...anyone know where one can find bulk GABOB powder? :)

Bv

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Thx guys...

Like I said, I am getting some regrowth happening in the front and back, some are thicker than the others. And the peach fuzz comment was regarding different hairs than the above mentioned ones...these ones are actually so far down on my forehead, that they are lower than my hairline has ever been, so it was kinda weird considering I've never had hair there before...

phrost

Awards
Great thread. I noticed some shedding on JW, so I have been educating myself lately.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established

As was stated earlier in a post, I have noticed regrowth on my head, w/ the use of mino/aa/niz...
So if you discontinue minox. the hair growth stops right?
How do you feel about having to ALWAYS use the minox to keep the hair growth?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Correct. My hair thinning wasn't all that bad to begin with, but with me continuing to cycle AAS, I'm sure it would continue to get worse w/o a doubt.

2 minutes of application is TOTALLY worth saving my hair, lol. And the stuff only costs 20 bucks a month.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It doesnt just stop, its more than likely that the hair you've regrown will fall out in 2-3 months.

Honestly, applying all this stuff barely takes 2-3 minutes of your time - it's about as much of a hassle as brushing your teeth.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
It doesnt just stop, its more than likely that the hair you've regrown will fall out in 2-3 months.

Honestly, applying all this stuff barely takes 2-3 minutes of your time - it's about as much of a hassle as brushing your teeth.
Good point.
Hair gel, deoderant, shaving, etc., what's a little minox/aa.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Good point.
Hair gel, deoderant, shaving, etc., what's a little minox/aa.
Exactly - you just have to make it a habit, like flossing. Keep on it for 30 days and it just becomes part of your routine.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
BV,

Can you suggest what is the best way to go about this as I have most of this available on my drug plan, well cept the Minoxidil.

I have slight temple recession but it' been growing back with massage etc. So I would like to add something more to it to help it grow right back in.

I have available to me:

* Spiro,

* Finasteride

* Dutasteride

* Ketoconazole Cream but not the shampoo

* Retin A

and most prescription stuff. What would be the best regime with least side fx?

Much Love,

Neoborn

P.S I tried originally to get Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo which my dr. gave me an rx for but it's not covered. I would prefer to get this on my drug plan as I don't have much cash at the moment.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BV,

Can you suggest what is the best way to go about this as I have most of this available on my drug plan, well cept the Minoxidil.

I have slight temple recession but it' been growing back with massage etc. So I would like to add something more to it to help it grow right back in.

I have available to me:

* Spiro,

* Finasteride

* Dutasteride

* Ketoconazole Cream but not the shampoo

* Retin A

and most prescription stuff. What would be the best regime with least side fx?

Much Love,

Neoborn

P.S I tried originally to get Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo which my dr. gave me an rx for but it's not covered. I would prefer to get this on my drug plan as I don't have much cash at the moment.
Hey Neo,

If you arent experiencing thinning anywhere else on your head, Id just go for the finasteride a 1mg or less a day. Maybe rub some of the ketoconazole cream on your temples at night before bed...

Out of the products you listed as available under your drug plan, none of them are specifically hair regrowth stimulants...but if you're not seeing thinning or a lot of noticeable hair loss right now then minoxidil probably isnt necessary.

If you can afford it, Id recommend getting an inexpensive laser comb from AmazingLaserComb.com or Ebay - its a one time cost of ~$80 or so, but its the only FDA approved method for regrowing hair, other than minoxidil.

BV

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Can I get the comb on rx :D

1. no no thinning just slight recession at temples that's all.

2. How does Finasteride come? How many tabs in a bottle cause I Have until dec 31st to use up the rest of my $500 year on my plan.

Much Love,

Neoborn

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I believe its prescription name is Propecia, and it comes in 1mg tablets of Finasteride. It's 'big brother' is Proscar, and used to treat BPH. Some people buy the Proscar and break up the tablets...you should be able to burn right through that $500 bro cause the stuff is about $80 a bottle :)

BV

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Can I get the comb on rx :D

1. no no thinning just slight recession at temples that's all.

2. How does Finasteride come? How many tabs in a bottle cause I Have until dec 31st to use up the rest of my $500 year on my plan.

Much Love,

Neoborn
well you can buy the generic brand finpecia and there others, there cheaper but their made in india but they come in the same size 1mg, i choose to buy propecia and just take half of 1mg a day and i have been doing that for a while. i just feel safer getting the name brand, .5mg for me a day in the morning.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys,

How many tabs a bottle roughly? I need to get my Dr. to prescribe me a boatload :D

Much Love,

Neoborn

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
Big V. I just read thru this whole thread (i am a year older now). Thanks for putting this together.

Proscar is much cheaper way to go. It is the exact same active ingred (5mg Fin), you cut it 4-5 ways and one bottle at $80 will last you months.

By the way, just to be clear, what is your current hair loss program look like?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Big V. I just read thru this whole thread (i am a year older now). Thanks for putting this together.

Proscar is much cheaper way to go. It is the exact same active ingred (5mg Fin), you cut it 4-5 ways and one bottle at $80 will last you months.

By the way, just to be clear, what is your current hair loss program look like?
Hey KraftKid - yeah this thread is getting pretty long:) I've been meaning to go through it and make a summary but...I'll be a year older lol:)

Here's my current regimen:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/938595-post958.html

It seems to work really well, if Im using a supplement that may aggrevate hairloss (anti-e's, test boosters, etc), sometimes ill apply the 2% Spiro to the affected areas of my scalp EOD, in addition to the hairline.

One thing though - if I discontinue any part of it, within a few months my hair will start to fall out. Ive made this mistake a few times, trying to experiment with using less to try and save some $$, etc.

Getting back on the strict regimen has always been successful in regrowing what Ive lost for the most part though...even still its not perfect, but you can't tell my hair is thinning unless you're really looking close, which is fine by me considering I'd probably be half bald otherwise!

While it's definitely seemed to work very well keeping the hair on my head, I think my hair follicles have become 'dependant' on this regimen - as is evident by the shedding if I stop any of it.

Hopefully it will hold out long enough until a more permanent solution is feasible for me...

BV

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
Hey KraftKid - yeah this thread is getting pretty long:) I've been meaning to go through it and make a summary but...I'll be a year older lol:)

Here's my current regimen:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/938595-post958.html

It seems to work really well, if Im using a supplement that may aggrevate hairloss (anti-e's, test boosters, etc), sometimes ill apply the 2% Spiro to the affected areas of my scalp EOD, in addition to the hairline.

One thing though - if I discontinue any part of it, within a few months my hair will start to fall out. Ive made this mistake a few times, trying to experiment with using less to try and save some $$, etc.

Getting back on the strict regimen has always been successful in regrowing what Ive lost for the most part though...even still its not perfect, but you can't tell my hair is thinning unless you're really looking close, which is fine by me considering I'd probably be half bald otherwise!

While it's definitely seemed to work very well keeping the hair on my head, I think my hair follicles have become 'dependant' on this regimen - as is evident by the shedding if I stop any of it.

Hopefully it will hold out long enough until a more permanent solution is feasible for me...

BV
Big V. I kind of missed what your current program is in this post. I see you occasionally add in Spiro, but not what you do day to day. Let me know bro.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I ended up getting:

1. Box of Proscar 5mg tabs and break em up into 4 for dosing

2. Alternative to Nizoral as Niz isn't rx able. It's called Stileprox or something

Much Love,

Neoborn.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It has been well over three months since I made my last post on this thread so time for an update.

In short, absolutely nothing happened.

Elaborating further, despite using the Thinning Hair Shampoo, the experimental shampoo, seven times a week, I have not seen any positive results from it. I've used up two bottles of the stuff and have another two left. There is no sense in throwing away something I already bought and paid for so I will continue its use but I won't be buying any more.

The laser comb is the most disappointing, given the high amount of positive results. The only reason I could think of is that the dermatitis is the blame. Perhaps the laser is not powerful enough. I saw the strength of the lasers that BV used and I will make my own brush. I'll make my own in a couple of weeks. Given the positive responses, I'm willing to take another shot at this.

As always, I will keep you all updated.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It has been well over three months since I made my last post on this thread so time for an update.

In short, absolutely nothing happened.

Elaborating further, despite using the Thinning Hair Shampoo, the experimental shampoo, seven times a week, I have not seen any positive results from it. I've used up two bottles of the stuff and have another two left. There is no sense in throwing away something I already bought and paid for so I will continue its use but I won't be buying any more.

The laser comb is the most disappointing, given the high amount of positive results. The only reason I could think of is that the dermatitis is the blame. Perhaps the laser is not powerful enough. I saw the strength of the lasers that BV used and I will make my own brush. I'll make my own in a couple of weeks. Given the positive responses, I'm willing to take another shot at this.

As always, I will keep you all updated.
Really sorry to hear that bro, especially with the laser brush. Like you mentioned, it seems to get very positive reviews across the board. The only think I can think of is that your hair loss is mainly caused by your dermatitis, whereas others in this thread are dealing with more androgen related issues, either from hormone use or genetic.

Did you give the Emu oil a shot? That's supposed to help with dermatitis from what Ive read...

Also, have you consulted a dermatologist about your condition?

Either way, please keep us updated, and best of luck!

BV

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Really sorry to hear that bro, especially with the laser brush. Like you mentioned, it seems to get very positive reviews across the board. The only think I can think of is that your hair loss is mainly caused by your dermatitis, whereas others in this thread are dealing with more androgen related issues, either from hormone use or genetic.

Did you give the Emu oil a shot? That's supposed to help with dermatitis from what Ive read...

Also, have you consulted a dermatologist about your condition?

Either way, please keep us updated, and best of luck!

BV
I saw a dermatologist a few years back that recommended I alternate between Head and Shoulders/T-Gel/Nizoral. Truth is that I don't even think my condition is that bad. I've seen far worse on the internet.

The emu oil is working great but only for making my hair look fuller and shinier but nothing in terms of hair growth.

I'm still optimistic and thanks for the good words.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I saw a dermatologist a few years back that recommended I alternate between Head and Shoulders/T-Gel/Nizoral. Truth is that I don't even think my condition is that bad. I've seen far worse on the internet.

The emu oil is working great but only for making my hair look fuller and shinier but nothing in terms of hair growth.

I'm still optimistic and thanks for the good words.
I'd say keep up the treatments if you can man - it's recommended that it may take up to 6 months to see results, from everything Ive read.

I generally can tell if something is working in 2-3, but you never know -everyone is different.

BV

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I have heard good things about this:

Beta Sitosterol

Information:
Beta-sitosterol

Health Sciences Institute | Hair loss

Hair Loss Buddy

All Natural & Supplements – Beta-sitosterol Now The Most Popular Supplement in the Forum

Lately many in the All Natural & Supplements forum have added Beta-sitosterol to their regimen. Some even reported good results from it. Here’s a brief description about this supplement: “Beta-sitosterol is the active ingredient in saw palmetto berries, which have been used for centuries to treat patients with prostate and urinary problems. The active ingredient in saw palmetto as well as other herbal remedies such as pygeum, stinging nettle, and pumpkin seeds is beta-sitosterol. One capsule usually contains 300mg of beta-sitosterol. You would have to eat 2 lbs. of saw palmetto to get the same amount of beta-sitosterol one 300mg capsule. This is 3000 times more potent than saw palmetto.”.

Some recent comments from people who reported good results with this supplement.
WidowsPeak
Forum title - Request error
11287&mesg_id=11288&page=

Kevin2981
11180&mode=full

Hanginginthere
10706&mesg_id=10707&page=3

Click here for forum discussion

norwegianX

Awards
I'd say keep up the treatments if you can man - it's recommended that it may take up to 6 months to see results, from everything Ive read.

I generally can tell if something is working in 2-3, but you never know -everyone is different.

BV
BUMP:) Any progress?

I have been using eucapil for one month, and the hair shedding has completly stopped. I had some loss before i start using eucapil, and I have been using minox and spiro for the last years. Eucapil is a little bit more expencive, but you only have to put it on the scalp once in a day. Another thing to remark, i have been using 50mg tren, 50mg win, 50 mg dianabol ed since I have started to use eucapil. I have also been using the amazing laser brush for a couple of weeks. :) The eucapil smell VERY bad when you put it on, but the smell disapers after some minutes. :)

PS: Any progress with the laser hat? I would like to buy one from you if you are going to make some:)

Again, sorry about my english!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hey NorweiganX!

Havent started the laser hat project yet, but Ill definitely post up when I do...its on the table for next year.

Thanks for the update on Eucapil! Sounds promising...

BV

IZY

Awards
guys any help would be much appreciated.
i am starting my first cycle now after much thought about it and what it will do to my already ****ed up hair. been suffering hairloss for a couple years now and currently using everything Big V is using,except emu oil and dutasteride instead of finasteride. anyway i will be only taking test E 10 weeks 500mg per week. i just wanted to know what to take for PCT without risking more hairloss than i already will be by taking the testE.thank you very much guys for any help.....

bj22

Awards
Do you guys recommend retin-a or retin-a micro for a hairloss prevention stack?

IZY

Awards
well since noone wants to reply i will rephrase the question. proviron is **** for your hair because its a dht derivative, has anyone here seen hairloss on arimidex and nolvadex.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
guys any help would be much appreciated.
i am starting my first cycle now after much thought about it and what it will do to my already ****ed up hair. been suffering hairloss for a couple years now and currently using everything Big V is using,except emu oil and dutasteride instead of finasteride. anyway i will be only taking test E 10 weeks 500mg per week. i just wanted to know what to take for post cycle therapy without risking more hairloss than i already will be by taking the testE.thank you very much guys for any help.....
IZY,

If your prone to MPB and already using something as potent as Dutasteride, as far as I know you're doing pretty much all you can to prevent hair loss.

When you have a genetic baldness issue, you really have to accept that you may really aggrevate it if you're going to run a cycle that's notoriously hard on the hair, like Test E. Granted, you should be more than fine running everything you mentioned - but still something to think about.

I dont think SERMs are going to cause hairloss by themselves, but the rise in natural test may have an impact - but again you should be fine blocking DHT conversion with the duta.

BV

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Just got a hair restoration procedure:

Ongoing feedback and any questions you have for me... please view and post here!
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/86575-ced59-gets-hair.html

**I don't check this thread too often, and my PM box gets full with nonsense newbie messages, I will respond to your questions/comments ASAP on the afore mentioned link though!

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
recently aquired excessive scalp itching....didnt change my hair loss prevention regimen at all....any ideas or suggestions to help? keep in mind...i had no itch with all of the same products for several months...

1mg finasteride
2% nizoral EOD
LLLT Laser Brush

just started xandrox 5% (aa/minox) but this is after the scalp itching was bad

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
recently aquired excessive scalp itching....didnt change my hair loss prevention regimen at all....any ideas or suggestions to help? keep in mind...i had no itch with all of the same products for several months...

1mg finasteride
2% nizoral EOD
LLLT Laser Brush

just started xandrox 5% (aa/minox) but this is after the scalp itching was bad
Did you notice any increased shedding?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I've read that durtasteride is way more effective at like .5 mg a day.

I ran across something new also:

http://www.folligen.com/
From what I understand, Folligen is good stuff. Its primary active ingredients are Copper Peptides, which I believe are supposed to increase bloodflow to the scalp...I think its a good thing to add to any regimen that includes the basics of DHT inhibition and a hair regrowth stimulant.

I've never used it, but Copper Peptides are part of enough successful hair loss prevention routines to make the anecdotal evidence that it works pretty compelling.

BV

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
Did you notice any increased shedding?
It's been pretty consistent for months now...however, the scalp itching has recently come on very strong without any change in my hair loss prevention regimen...

any suggestions?