Hair Loss Prevention

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
My hair loss has slowed alot post cycle. I stopped Fina because of it's horrible effect on libido. Fina didn't seem to have an impact anyways.

I am using the LLLT brush, Revita Shampoo, Niz on other days, and Emu Oil.

Usually I can pull a single hair out where my scalp is itchy, but I've only been getting 40-50 hairs a day now. Hair thinned a bit at the end of the cycle, but it looks like it may have gotten thicker, but it could just be because it's longer.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's been pretty consistent for months now...however, the scalp itching has recently come on very strong without any change in my hair loss prevention regimen...

any suggestions?
I believe the itching is due to scalp inflammation -but no idea why yours suddenly flared up. It also could be from dry scalp, or irritation from the topicals.

I would try some topical Emu oil - its great for moisturizing the skin, but is a natural anti-inflammatory as well. Its inexensive, and certainly can't hurt.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
My hair loss has slowed alot post cycle. I stopped Fina because of it's horrible effect on libido. Fina didn't seem to have an impact anyways.

I am using the LLLT brush, Revita Shampoo, Niz on other days, and Emu Oil.

Usually I can pull a single hair out where my scalp is itchy, but I've only been getting 40-50 hairs a day now. Hair thinned a bit at the end of the cycle, but it looks like it may have gotten thicker, but it could just be because it's longer.

CryingEmo - if you're constantly tugging at your head to see if hairs come out, don't do that:) I would always do that too, always pulling on my hair to see how many would come out, several times a day.

Wouldnt you know - the spot I would pull on quickly started to get thinner! Its best to check every couple days, or just in the shower in the AM...

Sorry to hear the Finasteride didnt agree with you...are you sure it was the Fina, and not post-cycle that was knocking out the libido?
BV

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I believe the itching is due to scalp inflammation -but no idea why yours suddenly flared up. It also could be from dry scalp, or irritation from the topicals.

I would try some topical Emu oil - its great for moisturizing the skin, but is a natural anti-inflammatory as well. Its inexensive, and certainly can't hurt.

BV
Thanks for the quick replies..as always.

Does emu oil have a distinct smell? is it odorless?

How would I incorporate that with my other topical xandrox 5% which I am currently using as spray in the morning (i use spray gel in my hair) and as a dropper at night on a dry scalp?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the quick replies..as always.

Does emu oil have a distinct smell? is it odorless?

How would I incorporate that with my other topical xandrox 5% which I am currently using as spray in the morning (i use spray gel in my hair) and as a dropper at night on a dry scalp?
Hey Tom -

I wouldnt put the Emu oil on in the AM - it can make your hair look pretty greasy. I always put a few drops at night, before bed. It will actually help with the absorption of the topicals...Emu oil is a great source of Oleic acid, which is a prime component of many transdermal matrix formulas.

It has a mild, pleasant smell and you only need a few drops.

BV

RoidGracie

First time used it over a year, then stopped. I didn't notice really my libido was taking a hit. I then went back and used it again about 2 years later, again taking it for probably a year or more. I didn't notice until too late that I had changed. Think about it, how can blocking DHT through the whole body be a good thing? It's there for a reason and it has vital functions. Problem is, I don't think I ever really bounced back. I know every one is different and while I was using it I didn't notice anything, but I don't feel like I'm the same now and from what I've read, it's affected many. If I had understood hormones better at the time, I would have come to a conclusion that just blocking DHT might not be such a great idea. Some things are actually worse than not having a full head of hair. I used the standard propecia pill, I can't remember, was that 2 or 5 mg??

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
First time used it over a year, then stopped. I didn't notice really my libido was taking a hit. I then went back and used it again about 2 years later, again taking it for probably a year or more. I didn't notice until too late that I had changed. Think about it, how can blocking DHT through the whole body be a good thing? It's there for a reason and it has vital functions. Problem is, I don't think I ever really bounced back. I know every one is different and while I was using it I didn't notice anything, but I don't feel like I'm the same now and from what I've read, it's affected many. If I had understood hormones better at the time, I would have come to a conclusion that just blocking DHT might not be such a great idea. Some things are actually worse than not having a full head of hair. I used the standard propecia pill, I can't remember, was that 2 or 5 mg??
Propecia is a 1mg tablet of Finasteride...sorry to hear about your libido issues bro. Fortunately Ive never noticed any problems using ~500ug of Finasteride daily.

If I stop for a while and then go back on, I notice 'volume' decreases a bit and then bounces back after a few weeks...

You are right, blocking DHT systemically is not the best idea, and can have varying degrees of negative side effects. One of my own personal theories is that some people may have an excessive amount of DHT which could lead to excessive hairloss, while other may have a normal amount and oversensitive follicle cells. I dont know if that holds any weight - but it could explain why some people can use finasteride without incident and other experience unwanted sides.

BV

RoidGracie

Ah yes, you are right, it was the proscar that should be cut into quarters, that was 5 mg was it not..........
Anyway, I had used both when I said why the hell am I paying so much for the Propecia when I can just cut the other pills.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ah yes, you are right, it was the proscar that should be cut into quarters, that was 5 mg was it not..........
Anyway, I had used both when I said why the hell am I paying so much for the Propecia when I can just cut the other pills.
Exactly - Propecia is total ripoff. Snake Oil salesmen selling 'miracle hairloss cures' on latenight TV for exhorbitant prices are bad enough.

Now there's one that actually has some degree of effectiveness, and its $100 for a months supply (WITH insurance) just because its sold for hairloss prevention.

Do yourself a favor and, after getting a script from your doc, order the generic version from an overseas pharmacy.

BV

P-Rouds

P-Rouds

Awards
holy shyt big vrunga... i havn't logged in in a longgggggggggggg time and this topic is still kickin:) hey what generics are u talking about? like finpecia, finax, fincar, finara? not sure if the generic ones have been covered earlier... so many posts...

u ever buy anything off of magicpharma.com? i havn't bought any of the generic ones yet thats why i ask. looking for a legit site to buy. the 200 some odd dollars for a 3 months supply is getting ridiculous.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
good advice if your prone to mpb dont do steroids or ph,
if you insist , turanibol, superdrol, phera plex, anavar, and equipose are about the mildest.
just about all others can cause a speeding up and a quickening of hair loss, even those mentioned arent 100 percent guarantees but they are pretty mild
russian

j4ever

Awards
I have looked thru several pages of this thread and also searched and did not find answer. If anyone has taken the liquid finasteride which is 5mg/ml how much did you take?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I have looked thru several pages of this thread and also searched and did not find answer. If anyone has taken the liquid finasteride which is 5mg/ml how much did you take?
so take .2 to equal 1mg finasteride

j4ever

Awards
Thanks for your response bro, i geuss what i was trying to ask and did not make it clear is 1mg of liquid fina equal to 1mg in pill form from prpecia?

linebacker527

Awards
I have a pretty full head of hair (forming a widow's peak slowly) and was shedding hair some (not falling out all over my pillow or all over my hands in the shower or anything) until I started using niz 1% and that seemed to stop most of it. I used Hyperdrol last year which made it shed much more but used Activate xtreme while on niz 1% and did not notice any extra shedding. If I wanted to do a Test E cycle 500 mg per week how would a combo of Revita, Niz 2%, and spiro twice a day while on cycle work? Once off I would stick to Revita and Niz 2%. Also, which form of spiro does not smell?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I have a pretty full head of hair (forming a widow's peak slowly) and was shedding hair some (not falling out all over my pillow or all over my hands in the shower or anything) until I started using niz 1% and that seemed to stop most of it. I used Hyperdrol last year which made it shed much more but used Activate xtreme while on niz 1% and did not notice any extra shedding. If I wanted to do a Test E cycle 500 mg per week how would a combo of Revita, Niz 2%, and spiro twice a day while on cycle work? Once off I would stick to Revita and Niz 2%. Also, which form of spiro does not smell?
you will want a dht blocker when using test...so look into azelaic acid and/or finasteride

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established

The 2% Spiro from Minoxidil.com doesnt smell bad at all. For a test E cycle, you may want to look into a systemic DHT blocker like finasteride as well.

linebacker527

Awards
Ok so I am going to use the spiro and the Finasteride with niz 2%. Does finasteride have permanent sides? I read about all the temporary which i believe the Test will help counteract. Also, can I just start the finasteride the same day I start the Test? I do not want to run it any longer than necessary nor do I want the libido loss, softness, etc. that will occur without the test in the mix

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I am going to use the spiro and the Finasteride with niz 2%. Does finasteride have permanent sides? I read about all the temporary which i believe the Test will help counteract. Also, can I just start the finasteride the same day I start the Test? I do not want to run it any longer than necessary nor do I want the libido loss, softness, etc. that will occur without the test in the mix
You need to do a search bro - that question has been answered literally hundreds of times on this site...

linebacker527

Awards
I did search but I did not find any concrete information about permanent side effects. I mostly just found information about temporary sides that cease once off. Some claimed to experience permanent sides but is their any scientific evidence to support this

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Azelaic Acid
It inhibits DHT up to 100% at the area of application
I was talking to someone that sells Azelaic Acid and he said it blocks DHT up to 98% on hair that is not in the scalp (test tube study) and that it blocks DHT in the hair follicle up to about 20%. Anyone else hear about this? If this is true Azelaic Acid wouldn't be of much help. I am still going to use it for a few months to see if I see results.

I also tried liquid spiro which btw smells pretty bad and a few people on this forum mentioned that taking spiro is suppressive and non-anabolic even in topical form
test binds to androgen receptors(AR`s) and that is the chemical message to begin a lot of process to repair of muscle and its growth(anabolism), spiro bind to AR`s and block test to do its job but spiro dont have any anabolic potential so you will not grow, you`re gonna shrink.
So far I have not found any real hair loss prevention that works? I have been using 2% Nizoral, Saw Palmetto caps, spiro and liquid fina (caused loss in libido and erections) with no success. Only next alternative I guess would be hair transplant if Crinagen (Topical spray preparation clinically proven to reduce DHT up to 98%. The latest formula of Crinagen now includes Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6, Zinc acetate, Niacin, Saw Palmetto extract, Ginkgo Biloba extract and Proanthocyanidins from grape seed extract) doesn't work for me

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I was talking to someone that sells Azelaic Acid and he said it blocks DHT up to 98% on hair that is not in the scalp (test tube study) and that it blocks DHT in the hair follicle up to about 20%. Anyone else hear about this? If this is true Azelaic Acid wouldn't be of much help. I am still going to use it for a few months to see if I see results.

I also tried liquid spiro which btw smells pretty bad and a few people on this forum mentioned that taking spiro is suppressive and non-anabolic even in topical form

So far I have not found any real hair loss prevention that works? I have been using 2% Nizoral, Saw Palmetto caps, spiro and liquid fina (caused loss in libido and erections) with no success. Only next alternative I guess would be hair transplant if Crinagen (Topical spray preparation clinically proven to reduce DHT up to 98%. The latest formula of Crinagen now includes Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6, Zinc acetate, Niacin, Saw Palmetto extract, Ginkgo Biloba extract and Proanthocyanidins from grape seed extract) doesn't work for me
i hear ya...

and crinagen smells like urine...worse than spiro...

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
spiro isnt suppressive unless it's used with a carrier that delivers it systemically....unfortuantely, the vast majority of carriers do, as they contain alcohol.

there was one guy on some board that had bloodwork from his spiro run...and boy howdy he was in the sh1tter hormonally....but another clinical study showed that a certain spiro mixture didnt show up in plasma. it stands to reason that the carrier is the variable.

i've tried making a water-based and oil-based spiro concoction, but i've not had much success making it really workable for everyday...

linebacker527

Awards
The claims of permanent impotence has scared me away from finasteride. There is no point in having hair if your man parts dont work. Has anyone had success with Fluridil? I know people have stated they were starting it but i never found a follow up. I know it is expensive but I would rather pay more for a topical that does not effect hormones

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
The claims of permanent impotence has scared me away from finasteride. There is no point in having hair if your man parts dont work. Has anyone had success with Fluridil? I know people have stated they were starting it but i never found a follow up. I know it is expensive but I would rather pay more for a topical that does not effect hormones
i've used fluridil. i did not find it to be strong enough to combat the follicle assault from a steroid cycle, as i continued to get itchy scalp regularly while using it. it may be good enough for off-cycle, but it would be tough to tell without 6+ months of use.

fluridil is an anti-androgen, too...but the carrier is oil, and it shouldnt go systemic. you could recreate this setup if you wanted, but they did a nice job with it and the stuff is super easy to apply and doesnt smell or look funny...hard to do that in the kitchen sink.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Currently using Rx Proscar, 5% Rogaine Foam, 250mg Test, 500ius of HCG. Hair is growing back like crazy. Bear in mind, that I had a bunch of shock loss from my Hair Restoration Procedure. The new grafts HAVE NOT started growing yet (they will pop out sometime in the next 6weeks-1year). So this is NEW growth/regrowth of previously sleeping/thinning hairs.

I will say this though, week 10 days on Rx Proscar, it is a ton better than any generic I have used. Libido is dead. I will have to up the test dose or take the 5mg Proscar/Finasteride EOD, instead of ED.

wkstyle

Awards
Hi, I am new the topic of hair loss prevention but have noticed some thinning. I ordered some fina from wholesalehairproducts. They informed me it should be applied in a topical fashion 1ml per day to the scalp while I get the impression from others in this thread that it is oral?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
Hi, I am new the topic of hair loss prevention but have noticed some thinning. I ordered some fina from wholesalehairproducts. They informed me it should be applied in a topical fashion 1ml per day to the scalp while I get the impression from others in this thread that it is oral?

it can be used both ways...to give a proper recommendation we'd need to know what the carrier is. if it's alcohol-based, then there is very little difference as the dermal will go systemic, same as the oral...

wkstyle

Awards
it can be used both ways...to give a proper recommendation we'd need to know what the carrier is. if it's alcohol-based, then there is very little difference as the dermal will go systemic, same as the oral...
The site doesnt state what it is. They said apply to scalp, so thats what I am doing. Seems as if their dosage is less then other companies I have seem. 2mg per ml where I have seem 5 for similar pricing.

Thanks for the reply.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

I don't think so.. That is probably just a legal thing, the finasteride is oral... i believe???

unless it has topical penatrators, it is most certainly oral.. i would think.

Just my opinion, but the 'research' grade Finasteride just doesn't work for me compared to the real deal. The generics (Finpecia, etc.) aren't much better. Some have had success. I'm using legit Rx Proscar and nearly all my hair is filling in like crazy.

just my 2 cents.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Exactly - Propecia is total ripoff. Snake Oil salesmen selling 'miracle hairloss cures' on latenight TV for exhorbitant prices are bad enough.

Now there's one that actually has some degree of effectiveness, and its $100 for a months supply (WITH insurance) just because its sold for hairloss prevention.

Do yourself a favor and, after getting a script from your doc, order the generic version from an overseas pharmacy.

BV
Agreed. But thankfully Rx Proscar is treating me well. I have a script and insurance covers it (BPH). Whereas, Propecia, is considered cosmetical and is not covered (for me).

I am skeptical of the generics, though I once had sucess with generic Dutasteride (Dr. Reddys).

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Again, that's just me. Research products that are dosed by the MG (Finasteride, PCT products, etc.) just aren't worth it... You can never tell the quality of the carrier, how long it has been sitting in some basement, etc. Research grade T3, dosed by the MCG, especially.

If you have had success, by all means... jump on that! but I have fond that consistancy and quality vary SO MUCH from product to proudct, bottle to bottle.

teribleturtle

Awards
From what ive been reading, the half life of the actual chemical in your body may be short, but the time it takes for the TypeII 5AR enzyme to return to baseline levels is closer to 30 days.

Propecia (Finasteride) clinical pharmacology - prescription drugs and medications at RxList

Are you saying that due to the Half Life of 5AR reductase it would take 30 days for it to return to baseline levels. My question is this then: say if I took an anabolic like jungle warfare for four weeks and caused lots of hair loss, it would take about 30 days for 5AR levels to return to normal thus halting the hairloss? Please explain if possible how long it would take for DHT/5AR levels to drop back to normal after taking a product like JW. I guess what I am trying to explain and ask is this:
I took JW for three weeks and experienced hair loss, upon noticing I immediately stopped. I Stopped on April 8th while most of the other androgenic sides subsided ( body hair growth, acne, etc) hair loss is still continuing to a degree, is it possible that my body is still adjusting itself ? Is it possible that this hair loss can stop after a certain amount of time? Keep in mind that I don’t have family history of hair loss, nor have I ever experienced it.

DR.DAWN

Awards
I am 25 years old, and i noticed that once i started taking m1t my hair started falling out more..so i I got

Nizoral Shampoo
MINOXIDIL 5% (says 4-5 Sprays equal 1ml)
Spironolactone 2% (liquid)
Finastreride 2% (liquid)

I am about to go on a test cycle.

What should be my daily doses?
Also should i use drops to measure... 20 drops = 1mL

( I have MPB on my maternal grandfathers side).

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I am 25 years old, and i noticed that once i started taking m1t my hair started falling out more..so i I got

Nizoral Shampoo
MINOXIDIL 5% (says 4-5 Sprays equal 1ml)
Spironolactone 2% (liquid)
Finastreride 2% (liquid)

I am about to go on a test cycle.

What should be my daily doses?
Also should i use drops to measure... 20 drops = 1mL

( I have MPB on my maternal grandfathers side).

expect to speed up the hair loss process even more if you run a test cycle...

daily doses? i would do some more research before putting anything else into your system. what ester of test were you planning on using?

DR.DAWN

Awards
expect to speed up the hair loss process even more if you run a test cycle...

daily doses? i would do some more research before putting anything else into your system. what ester of test were you planning on using?
I do expect the speed up of hair loss thats why I invested in the hair sups. I need to gain some mass and I never did anything besides m1t and by looking on the boards people are saying test is the best first cycle.

A blend of 4
2 short acting 2 long acting :)

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I do expect the speed up of hair loss thats why I invested in the hair sups. I need to gain some mass and I never did anything besides m1t and by looking on the boards people are saying test is the best first cycle.

A blend of 4
2 short acting 2 long acting :)
Okay well then yes...the best first cycle to run gains/sides is definitely test. Are you using Sustanon then? If so, to get the full benefit of the propionate, you should inject every other day. At the same time, to get the full benefit of the longer esters...you'll need to cycle 10+ weeks.

If possible, I would opt for test enanthate or test cypionate to limit injections being that it is your first cycle

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
After trying everything, it appears the three best things one can use are:

Revita shampoo
Monoxidil Foam 5%
Spiro 5% cream

Laser comb may be effective

Instead of using Finasteride, it has been shown in mutiple studies that certain doses of saw palmetto are equally effective at blocking DHT at scalp and perhaps not as horrible for libido.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
After trying everything, it appears the three best things one can use are:

Revita shampoo
Monoxidil Foam 5%
Spiro 5% cream

Instead of using Finasteride, it has been shown in mutiple studies that certain doses of saw palmetto are equally effective at blocking DHT at scalp and perhaps not as horrible for libido.
this varies widely by user....some guys love finasteride and get no sides from it. i cant use saw palmetto without losing a ton of erectile potency. also, spiro kinda sucks because that cream is such a PITA and smelly. revita is good, though.

i like to use a topical saw palmetto extract, applied directly. it leaves a little brown residue but that fades.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Saw Palmetto has only been proven to inhibit/lessen the effect of 5AR in the prostate (which also probably leads to less DHT systemically. However the skin also contains 5AR, which saw palmetto doesn't inhibit, and would cause no effect on DHT (and hair loss) in the scalp.

What products would yall use if running ActivaTe?

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
Saw Palmetto has only been proven to inhibit/lessen the effect of 5AR in the prostate (which also probably leads to less DHT systemically. However the skin also contains 5AR, which saw palmetto doesn't inhibit, and would cause no effect on DHT (and hair loss) in the scalp.
huh? i am not following any logic here....sawP inhibits 5AR...so while there may be a preference for prostate tissue somewhere in the reaction hierarchy once ingested, the studies have shown a decrease in serum DHT also....

there are actually more ARs in the skin than the prostate...see here:
http://www.bioscience.org/1996/v1/d/keller1/htmls/keller.pdf

although there may be less reductase enzymes.

i dont know if anyone has measured DHT in the scalp after administration of a 5ARI...so i cant be sure.

i do know that sawP killed my libido after about a week, and it's been shown to help BPH....that's two out of four tissues where it inhibits 5AR (skin and genitals are the other 2)...seems to me the other two would be natural candidates.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
I was saying that it has only been proven (in some studies) to reduce the action of 5AR in the Prostate. It has not been studied with respect to effects on 5AR or DHT in the scalp.

I do see that as Propecia and Saw Palmetto has similar effects on the Prostate, they most likely have similar effects throughout the body, however it has not been studied at all from what I could find.

It seems results of Saw Palmetto are hit or miss. Some studies do confirm SP inhibiting 5AR, others dont. Also the studies that do confirm SP works in the Prostate say Saw Palmetto is weaker than Propecia.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
is Revita Shampoo better then Nizoral 2% shampoo

I don't think Revita has nizoral in it...?

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
is Revita Shampoo better then Nizoral 2% shampoo

I don't think Revita has nizoral in it...?
revita has ketoconazole in it, yes.

i prefer revita, and i've used both for extended periods, but i'm just one guy. it does have a lot of other hair-promoting ingredients.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
revita has ketoconazole in it, yes.

i prefer revita, and i've used both for extended periods, but i'm just one guy. it does have a lot of other hair-promoting ingredients.

are the other DS Labs products any good?

so Nizoral and ketoconazole are the same thing? ketoconazole is the chemical name or something?

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
does anyone know the concentration of ketoconazole in revita...1%, 2% ???