Gym Pics - 61 yr old

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
You need to get your bodyfat down. Work on bringing up your pecs and delts. Throw in some bicep work. Don't worry it will all work out. :rofl:

Thanks for the reply - I saw the same under developed biceps in the pics. I just dont pay enough attention to my arms.

3 hours a day just isnt enough time - (I talk alot) but enjoy every minute of it.

I promise myself I will do better - I wish I could do more about this old face. LOL

Oh well.I should be thankful that I still have some of my hair and my own teeth!!

If I dont run out of time!

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
You sir, are everything that I aspire to be when I reach your age. Please, for my sake, impart some of your wisdom such as your diet, training regimen, when did you start lifting? What is your cholesterol/lipid profile like?

"Better living through chemistry" is absolutely right. Every man has a god-given right (In my humble opinion) to enhance and prolong their life through the use of technology and chemistry!! You only live once, and I hope I look like you when I'm 61!!!!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yes, please post your daily supplement regimen, along with any pertinent medications, thanks

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I think its only right to say alittle about my workout.

I am 61 and know my joints and chemistry work against me.
I personally am not working out just for exercise (nothing wrong with that) I'm not trying to be young...at least not with this face.

I want to look like a bodybuilder...so chemically I balance my hormones (HRT) not so much to load up on testosterone but to to keep that damn estrogen under control (arimidex).

I try to avoid sore joints and pulled muscles with my (oldman) workout
It probably wont work for you young men.

Athletes need strong stabilizer muscles to avoid injuries.Im not interested in stabilizer muscles, I just want to look good.

My wife opens the pickle jar...I cant. She just looks at me and says
"Well, you look good" LOL

Anyway, back to my theory...

Example: Horizontal dumbell press I warmed up with 60's x 15 moved to 80's then 90's x 10 -this produced sore joints and pulled delts.

So...I stopped "free weights" and started machines. Same movement groove, more resistance but didnt need to stabilize. So instead of 90's Im pushing more than double the weight x 15 - 3 sets....and started to grow thanks to going heavy and no time off for injuries.

Im sure going to catch hell for my crazy ideas from most PRO's but it works for me.

I am very reluctant to post this,it will probably show my minds slipping,
but Im always open for new ideas and techniques, so lets hear from the experts!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Actually friend, looking at you, I would say you are an expert, thats why bros are asking you for more detail, any more specs are appreciated.

crazycal

Awards
what a shame my dad hasnt got your genetics-you the man!

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
what a shame my dad hasnt got your genetics-you the man!
CrazyCal - you look great. My oldest son is 38 also - so your dad must be about my age. Does he workout with you?

When my son was born, I looked into his cradle and told him he would have a little sister .....but her mother isnt born yet. (my wife is 35)

CrazyCal - I guess you could say Im crazy too LOL

From your picture, you look like you have great genetics.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
You sir, are everything that I aspire to be when I reach your age. Please, for my sake, impart some of your wisdom such as your diet, training regimen, when did you start lifting? What is your cholesterol/lipid profile like?

"Better living through chemistry" is absolutely right. Every man has a god-given right (In my humble opinion) to enhance and prolong their life through the use of technology and chemistry!! You only live once, and I hope I look like you when I'm 61!!!!

Pax - I retired in 1994 - sat around on my 46' Bertram, drinking and got fat! (I had to put the type of boat so you didnt think I was in a John Boat in the canal out back with beer LOL)

I started working out in 2000 with a trainer, 3 days a week. I used him for 2 years. Been on my own since.The past 6 months the owner of my gym as started working with me showing me tricks that I never thought existed.He dont look like much but boy is he smart.:wave: haha

I probably eat like most body builders, with the exception of getting up at 2am for a protein shake and read til I get sleepy.

As for HRT, hell these days Im reluctant to put it on the net...even though Im under doctors care..all prescription.

I do appreciate all the advice...never too late to learn.

Youre welcome to PM for my cell any time if you want to talk. (EST)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man. I'm with you on not following the PRO advice('cause if you're not a pro, why torture yourself?). I borrow what works and leave out what doesn't for my lifestyle..it's all about what works for you and obviously it IS working in your case.

Oh the HRT drugs they will have when I'm 61....:dance:

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Bioman - I trust your opinion!

10ML/200 CYP kept in dark cool place and one year outta date - use it or dump it??

Thanks!

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I made a step forward today. HRT is great, but like all of us thats not enough. I want more. Im going to start a little research plan.

I ordered LONG R3-IGF from M.R.

Muscle research prices are great and service is unbelievable.

Now remember, Im one of the older bodybuilders, so it may be alittle different for me.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

It will be interesting to see if it will improve this old face - LOL

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i would think IGF would work extremely well for you, same deal goes with GH. i'd suggest starting with a dose of ~20mcg's per day and judge effects.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
Bioman - I trust your opinion!

10ML/200 CYP kept in dark cool place and one year outta date - use it or dump it??

Thanks!
I'm not bioman, but USE IT. There is absolutely nothing wrong with thte vial. You can send it to me if you are concerned about using it yourself.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Boss you made me laugh ....out loud.....thanks bro.......and B.it will be 20 ,I trust you...

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever compete in bodybuilding shows? You would kick as in the Grand Masters - Super Grand Masters!! Just need to learn a few poses - You look great!

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever compete in bodybuilding shows? You would kick as in the Grand Masters - Super Grand Masters!! Just need to learn a few poses - You look great!
WOW! Thanks for all the kind words....

I know this is bad but I dont know anything about "Grand Masters" is that a show for us "old guys"? I will work hard til April 25th 2006 - I will be 62. I want to be at my peak...then I can coast alittle.
Right now Im excited about trying IGF-1 L3 from MR. Just curious about what it will do for a "old timer" like me.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Ageless:

You really should write a book. Have your picture on the cover, and just write a book about your workouts, diet, supplements, etc. and letting others know that they can have an amazing quality of life at 61, and don't have to let age get the best of them.

Need any help writing/editing, let me know (English Degree), and with copyrighting, let me know (Attorney).

I can see you on all the talk shows... hell, you can even have your own product line like the juicer man or something...

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
Damn Ageless, looking awesome!
Oh and it must really suck sitting around on the Bertram :D

dennis25271

Awards
inpressed

I thought I looked good at 60, you have me beat by a mile, feels good to have the younger guys watch you doesn't it

delta314

Awards
  • Established
They do ask...all the time, I think its because of the white hair..and they think Im older than dirt. Wish I had all the answers - but they mostly ask about women. (Im in my 4th and final marriage) That I DO have alot of answers too !!!

The trick is to give your woman everything she wants, but you need to find a woman who doesnt want something you cant give her...
Looking good Ageless!

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I'll be 50 soon, and I hear it all at the gym too. You're only as old as you feel, and I'm still 20!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Triposinator

Awards
Its worth a try Ageless. I'm 50 and currently in the middle of a 4 week LR3 cycle. I use 60mcg after working out, then chase it with a shake with 75gr of dextrose and 50gr of protien.
You need to eat complex carbs and protien an hour later and again an hour after that -- otherwise you will feel lethargic.

My prediction is that it will not add any mass for you, but it will burn fat and increase the firmness of your muscles. Your "pump" during a workout will be enhanced as well.

Good luck

I made a step forward today. HRT is great, but like all of us thats not enough. I want more. Im going to start a little research plan.

I ordered LONG R3-IGF from M.R.

Muscle research prices are great and service is unbelievable.

Now remember, Im one of the older bodybuilders, so it may be alittle different for me.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

It will be interesting to see if it will improve this old face - LOL

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
I cant help but wonder what lifting will do to our lifespan. Ageless is just that....ageless.
The man looks incredible. With no reservation Most young guys would gladly take his body.
I would guess that ageless will be able to run and ride a bike well after he is a hundred years old. (i dont feel i am exagerating)

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I cant help but wonder what lifting will do to our lifespan. Ageless is just that....ageless.
The man looks incredible. With no reservation Most young guys would gladly take his body.
I would guess that ageless will be able to run and ride a bike well after he is a hundred years old. (i dont feel i am exagerating)
This is Mrs. Ageless....and at home we prefer to call him "Useless" LMAO

He looks incredible...but he really cant open a pickle jar:blink:

Im not too worried about young guys wanting him...its all the women I have to keep off him:icon_lol:

As far as a bike...you do mean a tricycle dont you??:jaw:

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
lol. way to trash yourself.

I would be so f-n cocky if I was you.

Triposinator

Awards
I hope you are right Whiskey Steve, but appearances don't mean much when it comes to life excpectancy.

I'm no doctor, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night :)

Ageless how about you post up your PSA, Blood Pressure? How's your blood work look?

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I hope you are right Whiskey Steve, but appearances don't mean much when it comes to life excpectancy.

I'm no doctor, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night :)

Ageless how about you post up your PSA, Blood Pressure? How's your blood work look?
I just had my blood done today..total work-up.

Will post results in next week or so.

Thanks for asking!

Also..its not how long you live..its the quality of life while youre alive.

Triposinator

Awards
You don't owe me a thing Ageless. If you don't know your Blood Pressure and Blood values they're probably fine.

You're doing great!! Let us know how the IGF cycle goes. Watch the carbs or you'll notice some lethargy.

Also..its not how long you live..its the quality of life while youre alive.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
You don't owe me a thing Ageless. If you don't know your Blood Pressure and Blood values they're probably fine.

You're doing great!! Let us know how the IGF cycle goes. Watch the carbs or you'll notice some lethargy.
DR. always tells me my BP is great for my age, which isnt good enough for me. Im always striving to do better.

I like getting my bloodwork done now that I can pretty much read it myself. Its my 6 month test on how I am doing on the inside, which is the most important thing.

I just started back on policosinol - which is supossed to help my lipid profile.

We will see if it works!

Triposinator

Awards
LOL - my blood pressure goes up and down depending on what the lady taking it looks like. One variable we can't control - thank God for the little things :)

DR. always tells me my BP is great for my age, which isnt good enough for me. Im always striving to do better.

I like getting my bloodwork done now that I can pretty much read it myself. Its my 6 month test on how I am doing on the inside, which is the most important thing.

I just started back on policosinol - which is supossed to help my lipid profile.

We will see if it works!

psimonkey

Awards
Inspirational ! Many thanks for setting a standard. Respect to you Sir.

jim brooks

Banned
Awards
just ment u get me motivaited to go to the gym is all i ment

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
just ment u get me motivaited to go to the gym is all i ment
Jim..thats great, my goal is to motivate. I want "ALL" young and old to understand that hormone balance is just as important as a long walk on the beach or a work out at the gym.

Hormone balance for men has been overlooked by doctors for years.

My grandfather and father died from heart failure, did they really die from many years of low testosterone? Who knows...

As for myself, I'm going to keep on spreading the "word". Its great to live long enough to see your grandchildren, (done that) now I want to see my great grandchildren.

I know Im just rambling on here, any one else out there feel the way I do..or am I just nuts?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Incredible shape, keep up the hard work man its def. paying off.

jim brooks

Banned
Awards
ya to help keep us motivaited post some new pics too

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
You asked fro more pics so here are some we took today.

I started a 60 day project on shoulders. Delts are difficult for me to build, and easy to overtrain.

You can see in my pics that my 2 yr old Amber likes to help.

I will work hard til April 25th, my 62nd birthday. Then I think I will slow down and enjoy the summer.

* tried to post pics...says I have used up all my space. I will haev to delete some older pics..then post the new ones I guess.

jim brooks

Banned
Awards
great pics

thank you for the new pics i know every one really enjoys them it helped me workout today after seeing them . be great if every couple weeks u could post your progress pics for us :blink: :twisted:

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
I cannot be the only one who this guy above me is creeping the **** out.

Looking excellant ageless, not to hijack this thread, just had to get that out.