Gut Health?

icey

icey

Awards
Did you do it all in pill form or just mix a type of "tea" with the powders? How much of each?

I use Nature's Way Chamomile extract pills

At first I front load them, (when having problems, like I'm stressed out) taking 2-4 per meal. Once things calm down and the effect kicks in (after a few weeks) I will back off and go down to sometimes 1 every morning. Right now I go with 2 before breakfast and 2 before bed. Works well for me.

http://www.shop.com/op/~NATURE'S_WAY_Chamomile_Standardized_Extract-prod-15250217-21863983?sourceid=3

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
Had both. it's been awhile so maybe i'm due for another one soon. its just hard when you go to college, work 3 jobs and there's a problem with the insurance EVERY time you make a claim.
Got S T R E S S ?

That might be your problem!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just noticed some read marks on one of Guy Health caps today. I threw it out. Also my caps are slimy and most are half or less full. Is this normal?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just noticed some read marks on one of Guy Health caps today. I threw it out. Also my caps are slimy and most are half or less full. Is this normal?
Did they get overheated or left by something hot, like a coffeemaker?

email me your address ([email protected]) and I will send you a replacement.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
These pills are a little bit different due to them being an effective probiotic. I believe it uses (from the study I linked to above):
a patented oil-based prebiotic anaerobic encapsulation system for an extended preservation of probiotic at room temperature and a rapid recovery after in vivo administration has been developed for a dose-efficient functional delivery of KE-99.
So the pills will be a little slimy, they will also be hard. I do not know what you mean by "half full", maybe you literally do really mean "half". However, mine are 80-90% full--which is how they are supposed to be.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These pills are a little bit different due to them being an effective probiotic. I believe it uses (from the study I linked to above):

So the pills will be a little slimy, they will also be hard. I do not know what you mean by "half full", maybe you literally do really mean "half". However, mine are 80-90% full--which is how they are supposed to be.

Yes the caps are either a quarter of only halfway full. I received them like this from Nutraplanet. I wondered about it but never questioned it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did they get overheated or left by something hot, like a coffeemaker?

email me your address ([email protected]) and I will send you a replacement.

Wow, thanks!. No I don't think they got overheated. I keep all my sups in a dark cabinet. Maybe something happened during shipping because it has been really cold here. I'm thinking maybe from being warm on the trucks, and they being cold outside...I don't know. Email sent though!. Awesome customer service!. You are always on top of things!. :clap2:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, thanks!. No I don't think they got overheated. I keep all my sups in a dark cabinet. Maybe something happened during shipping because it has been really cold here. I'm thinking maybe from being warm on the trucks, and they being cold outside...I don't know. Email sent though!. Awesome customer service!. You are always on top of things!. :clap2:
I will get this out tomorrow morning.

The slimyness you feel is mostly the enteric coating, BTW.

AFOX

Awards
I have a question about gut health. I had bacterial overgrowth a couple of years ago, and now I think it may be back. I'm having all the horrible symptoms( gas, cramping, bloating ect.. Will this product get rid of it, or do I have to go back to the doctor and get tested for it, and get medication? I had surgery for my acid reflux a while back, and while it worked for acid reflux, I have had problems with gas and bad cramping every since.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Re acid reflux - please take this for what it cost you - it is a free suggestion.

I DO NOT HAVE acid reflux, so I can't say if this actually works.

I am told that AR results from the stomach sensing too little acid. If true, adding antacids would seem to make the problem worse, but address the symptoms.

As counter-intuitive as it seems, I read a study (somewhere) that suggests adding apple cider vinegar is an effective way to treat AR.

Again, you might want to research this. I am by no means passing this on as a recommendation - just a suggestion that this might be something worth looking into.

AFOX

Awards
I do not have acid reflux anymore. If you read my post, I said I had surgery to eliminate my acid reflux. I have what I think is bacterial overgrowth.

fenster

fenster

Awards
For right now, Nutraplanet is the only online store carrying it.

We now have a West Coast distributor, and a bunch of retail stores on the West Coast, but we are still negotiating with the east coast players.
RPN ROCKS!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a question about gut health. I had bacterial overgrowth a couple of years ago, and now I think it may be back. I'm having all the horrible symptoms( gas, cramping, bloating ect.. Will this product get rid of it, or do I have to go back to the doctor and get tested for it, and get medication? I had surgery for my acid reflux a while back, and while it worked for acid reflux, I have had problems with gas and bad cramping every since.
As with any supplement, GUT Health is not designed, nor does it claim, to treat any disease. You always need to discuss the situation with your physician. PLease, by all means, bring up GUT Health to him.

Probiotics, and GUT Health in particular, are designed to maintain the healthy colonization of your intestinal flora. Unhealthy strains of bacteria can definitely cause some of the symptoms you are experiencing. Probiotics should be a regular part of everyone's regimen anyway.

Again, please speak to your doctor.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Should I take it with or without food?

I also take VPX Fiberteq which has

Viable Bacteria 2,500,000:
Lactobacillus Acidophilus
Lactobacillus Casei
Bifidobacterium Infantis

Is this gonna be to much probiotic? Is that even possible?

fenster

fenster

Awards
Should I take it with or without food?

I also take VPX Fiberteq which has

Viable Bacteria 2,500,000:
Lactobacillus Acidophilus
Lactobacillus Casei
Bifidobacterium Infantis

Is this gonna be to much probiotic? Is that even possible?
Well, I ate Dannon Activia for 2 weeks, and I must say there were noticeable changes (good changes) to digestion and excretion.

As far as too much probiotic, that's definitely a question for a gastro doc.

I wouldn't over do it personally.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You pretty much cannot overdose on good bacteria. There is only so much surface area on your intestinal tract. The rest will just be excreted.

fenster

fenster

Awards
You pretty much cannot overdose on good bacteria. There is only so much surface area on your intestinal tract. The rest will just be excreted.
Good info to know.

Thanks!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Is this a good option for someone on antibiotics?

Or is there even a point then?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this a good option for someone on antibiotics?

Or is there even a point then?
I think it would be kinda counter productive seeing as how the AB's kill off gut flora. It would IMO be a great thing to take once the AB's are discontinued to help recolonize and build up gut integrity.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I think it would be kinda counter productive seeing as how the AB's kill off gut flora. It would IMO be a great thing to take once the AB's are discontinued to help recolonize and build up gut integrity.
Its long term ABs for skin. 25 and occasionally breaking out badly, so I went on tetracycline.

Boogie Man

Awards
Hey guy's

For whatever it's worth I would like to recomend a book for you to read. It's called Natural cures that "They" don't want you to know about. It was written by Kevin Trudeau and the information has helped me a lot. I can't summerize the whole book but the main point is that drugs do not cure our health problems, they only suppress the symtoms and always have some sort of side effect. The major reason we have health issues is from all the toxins we have put in our bodies from the chemicals that are in the store bought food we eat and prescription and non prescription drugs etc. If you really want to get healthy, start by doing a colon cleanse, liver/gallblader cleanse, kidney cleanse, heavy metal cleanse, parasite cleanse, candida cleanse. Just doing these cleanses will eliminate most of the toxins in your body and enable your body to be able to heal itself much better. I have been doing a colon cleanse and am gaining both physical and mental energy by the day. The other thing is to stop putting so much toxic stuff in your body. I have had a lot of stomach problems and am going to try a all natural product called aloecure. You can check it out at aloecure.com for more info. I have not tried it yet but have heard very good things. Any way, Kevin Trudeau's book has helped millions of people overcome there health ailments and I just thought I would mention that here because I can see that many of you have some stomach/intestinal issues. I do believe that you can be healed without the use of drugs or surgery.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guy's

For whatever it's worth I would like to recomend a book for you to read. It's called Natural cures that "They" don't want you to know about. It was written by Kevin Trudeau and the information has helped me a lot. I can't summerize the whole book but the main point is that drugs do not cure our health problems, they only suppress the symtoms and always have some sort of side effect. The major reason we have health issues is from all the toxins we have put in our bodies from the chemicals that are in the store bought food we eat and prescription and non prescription drugs etc. If you really want to get healthy, start by doing a colon cleanse, liver/gallblader cleanse, kidney cleanse, heavy metal cleanse, parasite cleanse, candida cleanse. Just doing these cleanses will eliminate most of the toxins in your body and enable your body to be able to heal itself much better. I have been doing a colon cleanse and am gaining both physical and mental energy by the day. The other thing is to stop putting so much toxic stuff in your body. I have had a lot of stomach problems and am going to try a all natural product called aloecure. You can check it out at aloecure.com for more info. I have not tried it yet but have heard very good things. Any way, Kevin Trudeau's book has helped millions of people overcome there health ailments and I just thought I would mention that here because I can see that many of you have some stomach/intestinal issues. I do believe that you can be healed without the use of drugs or surgery.
Wow, infomercials AND spam....it MUST be legit.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take it for whatever it is worth my friend.
I did...hence my post. :)

As an insomniac, Mr. Trudeau's "show" is something I watch frequently. While I can agree with the concept of chelation/elimination of toxins, I don't think the products they sell are anything too special...definitely not enough to derail a thread with SPAM.

Boogie Man

Awards
Actually, Mr. Trudeau does not sell or even endorse any specific name brand remedy.

What is this SPAM that you speak of?

You may not be convinced with what Kevin is saying and I don't have a problem with that at all. However millions of people around the world have been cured of many things ranging from acid reflux to cancer and since some of the people posting had said they had some stomach problems I thought I would pass some information that might be helpful to them.

If my first post bothers you that much, just let me know and I will remove it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, Mr. Trudeau does not sell or even endorse any specific name brand remedy.

What is this SPAM that you speak of?

You may not be convinced with what Kevin is saying and I don't have a problem with that at all. However millions of people around the world have been cured of many things ranging from acid reflux to cancer and since some of the people posting had said they had some stomach problems I thought I would pass some information that might be helpful to them.

If my first post bothers you that much, just let me know and I will remove it.
Not at all. I am a firm believer in freedom of expression.

Boogie Man

Awards
You have kept me up past my bedtime.

Have a good night brutha :)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I have had a lot of stomach problems and am going to try a all natural product called aloecure.
You ever think that maybe all of these "cleanses" are the source of your stomach problems:hammer:

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
I bought that book too was GREATLY disaponted!!!! He said it would help with ADD/ADHDS in children and it only said to do cleanses and I don't think I could do a colon cleanse on my 4 year old. But in the book he said you could pay and join his group and get more info. I have done cleanses and they help for a while but you need to find out what your body needs to be able to maintain healthiness so things like probiotics can help with maintance and a preventative. I saw the book as him talking a lot about conspiracy theories. There are a lot of great books out there that help people with specifics like take coconut oil for energy and to decrease chol. levels. So in my opinion his book SUCKED!!!!!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow i had just brought up the idea of using this in my log then when i come on the boards this afternoon i see this thread and decide to give it a look..... So far im very impressed with everyones feedback and think i could DEF benifit from this since my diet has been doing a number to me (and my poor lady) and @ such a cheap price its def worth the try....
ill be updating my results in my log once i get it.

thanks Dsade, GJ.

Boogie Man

Awards
johnyq

The reason for my stomach problems has been way to many cycles of M1T. I really want to do some D-bol, but I know it will kill my stomach. Even with injectable gear my stomach gets out of whack. If I stop using the gear my stomach problems go away for the most part. I just haven't gotten to the point where I can stop using juice, but if I did my tummy would thank me.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
BUMP to this....also when loading is it 2 at once or 2 spread out across the day?
Either way is fine. Taken with or without food, effectiveness will not be reduced.
As for the loading phase, try one in the AM and one before bed for the first 5 days

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I ordered some gut health to try it out as it's been a long time since i'm tried some probiotics and my stomach has been giving me issues lately. I know it's the high protein/high acid forming diet. I feel bloated most of the time, even with the enzymes in the protein shakes. They aren't enough. I notice when I lay on my stomach i get a really bad pain in my chest like I can't breathe. Been taking some carb powder and that don't help the issue either. Hoping this does the trick. I'm probably full of yeast!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Either way is fine. Taken with or without food, effectiveness will not be reduced.
As for the loading phase, try one in the AM and one before bed for the first 5 days
Awesome thanks A.b.