Gut Health > Booze

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Probably fits in nutrition as well but I know there are a number of guys on the forum who have quit drinking for good so maybe this works and their input would be helpful.

There is a connection between people dropping alcohol and gaining weight. I haven't seen any studies yet just talk. "healing guts absorb more calories" etc. But most of the discussion are around people who have no idea what they're eating anyways so a glass of wine is replaced with a donut, etc.

Anyone familiar with real studies on the connection between gaining weight after sobriety? Especially for those who keep calories even?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't have a study but I can tell you this. I started working as a Trainer end of college late 1990s. I've had thousands of clients and also thousands of customers through my supp brand, etc.

What I will tell you is that 95% of my clients who drink alcohol, even a few times a week, fail every single time and their physiques look like **** comparitvely.

Def gut health is an issue with an alcoholic (two of my roomates were brutal alcoholics), they trained with me 5x a week for 2-3 years and you wouldn't believe the difference between how our physiques looked at the end of the several year period.

I didn't drink at all in College, not even a bit and they drank every single day.

Night and day difference. I drank beer daily during Covid and I was a fat ****. I was up to 240-250bs with the most bodyfat I have ever had in my life.

My gf was drinking wine daily and she went from 115 to 145 in a year.

We put her on Semaglutide and 3 months later she was back to 115. I dropped my HGH script and beer and within 3-4 months I was able to diet down to 198lbs by training 5x a week, cardio and eating clean.

I prob weigh 205ish now but I am ripped to the bone again and look great.

F*** alcohol, sincerely. It's one of the worst decisions I ever made to drink during covid. Alot of it was habit and at night.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't have a study but I can tell you this. I started working as a Trainer end of college late 1990s. I've had thousands of clients and also thousands of customers through my supp brand, etc.

What I will tell you is that 95% of my clients who drink alcohol, even a few times a week, fail every single time and their physiques look like **** comparitvely.

Def gut health is an issue with an alcoholic (two of my roomates were brutal alcoholics), they trained with me 5x a week for 2-3 years and you wouldn't believe the difference between how our physiques looked at the end of the several year period.

I didn't drink at all in College, not even a bit and they drank every single day.

Night and day difference. I drank beer daily during Covid and I was a fat ****. I was up to 240-250bs with the most bodyfat I have ever had in my life.

We put her on Semaglutide and 3 months later she was back to 115. I dropped my HGH script and beer and within 3-4 months I was able to diet down to 198lbs by training 5x a week, cardio and eating clean.

F*** alcohol, sincerely. It's one of the worst decisions I ever made to drink during covid. Alot of it was habit and at night.
Good stuff. Can relate a bit to the COVID > Alcohol habit as well.
My wife is frustrated at how hard it is to cut these days. Between finally going back to the barbell, and taking a break from alcohol I've told her we need to give it some time to find a new equilibrium. I'm just trying to find some hard scientific data to provide her instead of "your gut is healing" you know? LOL.

the Semaglutide is normally for diabetics? What led your GF to end up on that?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good stuff. Can relate a bit to the COVID > Alcohol habit as well.
My wife is frustrated at how hard it is to cut these days. Between finally going back to the barbell, and taking a break from alcohol I've told her we need to give it some time to find a new equilibrium. I'm just trying to find some hard scientific data to provide her instead of "your gut is healing" you know? LOL.

the Semaglutide is normally for diabetics? What led your GF to end up on that?
Semaglutide is now also prescribed off label for weight loss as it SEVERELY cuts your appetite. Made me feel not good at all though.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Semaglutide is now also prescribed off label for weight loss as it SEVERELY cuts your appetite. Made me feel not good at all though.
How do you feel about appetite suppressants in general? I feel like I'd rather have a boosted metabolism and just choose to fast vs a suppressed appetite but slow metabolism...?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How do you feel about appetite suppressants in general? I feel like I'd rather have a boosted metabolism and just choose to fast vs a suppressed appetite but slow metabolism...?
I don’t mind them usually. I have used some stim ones and some others. But I have never felt awful on them like I did on semaglutide. Most people rave about it with few complaints but I guess my body didn’t like it. I felt better on 400mgs of DNP than I did on semaglutide.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

My wife is having the harder time than I am. My weight is flat but strength and measurements improving.
She took nearly a year off from barbells and rejoined recently finally. She was doing morning cardio though for the past 6+ months. taking in around 1300-1400 cals and is extremely frustrated that after cutting alcohol and tracking cals super tight she's up 1.5lbs vs losing weight. She's 50, I'm 40. I know some of it can be associated with muscle inflammation from her return to the barbell but I'd love to find a way to help her start to see some progress. it's been a few years of struggle for her after a lifetime of always being able to drop weight.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My wife is having the harder time than I am. My weight is flat but strength and measurements improving.
She took nearly a year off from barbells and rejoined recently finally. She was doing morning cardio though for the past 6+ months. taking in around 1300-1400 cals and is extremely frustrated that after cutting alcohol and tracking cals super tight she's up 1.5lbs vs losing weight. She's 50, I'm 40. I know some of it can be associated with muscle inflammation from her return to the barbell but I'd love to find a way to help her start to see some progress. it's been a few years of struggle for her after a lifetime of always being able to drop weight.
Might be a good idea to look into reverse dieting. That’s already pretty damn low calories even if she’s small. Get some more food in, then she’ll have more to cut from.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Might be a good idea to look into reverse dieting. That’s already pretty damn low calories even if she’s small. Get some more food in, then she’ll have more to cut from.
I agree long term that's the solution. She needs an opportunity to set a true baseline as well, the calories from wine are/were empty but I'm not sure her body was even absorbing them anyways. her previous nutrition planners have put her as low as 1200 calories (she is a smaller girl) but I think with consistent lifting she could see a baseline north of 1500 calories. I think the reverse dieting for a couple months would be good but at the moment she's spinning her wheels since all she wants is to 'be skinny' and isn't strength oriented with her goals.

I've been encouraging her to try a few more cals than her previous advisor did while cutting alcohol and said you need to give it a little while to normalize. I'm encouraging the fasting as well. gaining 1.5lbs the first week didn't help her mentality at all lol. But I'm like babe... you didn't eat an extra 5200 cals. If anything you cut them... so there's the constant yoyo of the female body as well that throws a challenge in.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Semaglutide is amazing. The thing is even on a low dose like .25mgs SubQ 1x per week, it has magnificent effects.

"IF" she tries to eat too much in one sitting she will vomit profusely and be so nauseous she has to lay down.

Now this might sound bad, but it's not. Overeating, or drinking is a problem for many. Also I know alcohol for many makes them sick. So this is a good thing to help kick an obesity problem or alcohol, where "will power" is a factor

The other thing, and you will hear me talk ENDLESSLY about this is GW-501516. That or super cardarine. Out of the females I still work with and males for that matter, this is one of the most important tools in my arsenal. I swear by this stuff.

The combination of Semaglutide and Cardarine in women makes a significant change in body composition in 60 or less days. And this includes those who do not work out.

Semaglutide in the medical field is used secondarily this way. They want you on a very high protein, very low calorie diet and not training. The bodyfat and weight will melt off you. Then after 30-60 days you can resume training.

Even a low dose like .125 1x a week can make noticeable improvements in a short period of time.

AA sells it and my code is "WES15". The GW is available through MA labs which is a sponsor and my code works for them here too. www.masupps.com

Other options I have used in females, your typical clen, ECA, t3, stims, etc, etc.

Adderall back in the day was a huge option, the timed release ones. Thats basically meth.

You may lose all your teeth over time but you will be thin as F**** LMAO

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Meth ftw!! Lmao!!

I absolutely love me some gw and ec stack! Have lately been researching semaglutide.