Got an email from-

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
The ironic thing is that everyone who didnt get an email doesnt need to now because of this thread.

Looks like they got some good deals there though.

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
I get all sorts of bullshit PM's and emails ever since I signed up for a non-pay account at Elite Fitness.

I don't even post/read there, just made an account for the hell of it.

I also got the FF email, thinking its from Elite Fitness.
I think that's it. I've never gotten an email like this before until I signed up for the same account about a week ago.

Not that it's a big deal or anything.

fdnk

Board Supporter
Awards
I think that's it. I've never gotten an email like this before until I signed up for the same account about a week ago.

Not that it's a big deal or anything.
I never signed up at Elite Fitness, but got FF email.

These are the ONLY BB places that have my email:
AM Board
1fast
Custom
Nutraplanet
Gotpinz
EagleResearch

Last edited:

griz145389

Board Supporter
Awards
I had ordered at one fast with my email account too. Anyone here get an email sent to them that did NOT order from one fast?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
the plot thickens....

the one I got, I don't even remember the addy it was sent to - I just bounce stuff like that (spam, I mean), and I make sure to bounce the "undeliverable" notice, too.

still, there's a limited number of sites along these lines that might have been the source: here, Avant, BN, IBE, DS, & CNW. That's it.

SO...1fast400, anyone?

THA GONZ

Awards
Some one must have sold an email list. Sounds like it may have been 1fast?

On a side note I can say that Don over at fina farm is a good guy. I posted a thread awhile back because I got ripped of by researchkits.com (was charged for stuff I bought there and never got the stuff) and it was erased by someone on this board so I just left it alone. Anyways, A few weeks later Don contacted me because when he bought out researchkits.com he also got control of Derek Weigers email and I had left Derek multiple emails and some were not pretty. To Make a long story short even though Don didn't own it when the problem happened he hooked me up and made things right. I thought that was pretty cool of him to do.

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
i think its 1-fast400 also.....the email i got it on, i only use it when i buy stuff.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
No forums have my personal address, and I got an email from them today.

Meerschaum

Awards
got one too :D , my only guess is this guy got alot of email lists and spammed as many people connected to weightlifting in any way, shape or form as he could. I didnt get an email through the account I used to register here, so I can only assume the list from here didnt leak to'em ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well someone is selling an email list which is a shady thing to do IMO.

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
I got one too! I know this is probably a stupid question,
but is this something we should worry about? I wanted to
purchase from there before, but now it kind of makes me think
twice!

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
Me #65 I didnt click on it at all thought it could be a virus or worm. Damn 1fast! Making up for his loses because of the PH Ban.

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
did all of you guys used 1-fast400 with your email your that recieved message on??????? we can know who did it.

i will be pissed off of 1-fast is selling our info.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have with that addy, yes but I tihnk we should be cautious and not jump the gun here for the sake of fairness to Mike.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How much money can a person possibly make selling people's email address'? I ordered one time from 1Fast and yes I did get the email.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I was snooping around the BN site after being put on the scent: as near as I was able to find, there is NO 'statement of privacy', no opt-in/opt-out selection - AFAICT their site is entirely silent on the subject of what they will or won't do w/ customers' private information.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I've never sold anyone's email address, ever. If it would have came from me, the members of Avant Labs (who almost all purchase from me) would have gotten the email as well. There are quite a few who didn't. This is the first I've heard of this.

I've contacted my webguy with copies of both threads (here and avant) to see if he has any thoughts on it. We have almost 70,000 email address's, I assure you if we would have "sold out" there would be threads on every message board there is about this. Can someone send me a copy of this email? What email address did it originate from?

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Privacy Policy
All personal contact information for an account holder is securely stored on our servers, and will not be divulged to any third party under any circumstances. All information regarding an account holder's purchases will also be not be shared to any party; for your own privacy and security, credit card information is not stored server side in our database. We ensure that the privacy of each customer is protected fully. If there are any questions, please contact the Webmaster

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?page=ordering

It is clearly stated right there bodywizard

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, Mike - it cheers me up greatly to hear directly from you on this, as I've always been a very satisfied customer of yours.

And thank you for pointing out your privacy statement - that's what I get for trying to find it while sick as a dog!

I don't think anyone here was trying to fry you or blame you - it's an honest mystery to me (and to others) how my email got in the hands of the Farm guy - no big deal, perhaps, but these are scary times....

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Something else to consider, the e-mail addresses may have been obtained, not by purchasing a list, but by covert means, i.e.- hacking.

For the record, I have ordered from 1fast before and (of course) am a member here at AM and I did not receive this e-mail.

I also want to add my props to Mike for responding concerning this. And to Bobo for being a cool head and stating that people didn't need to jump the gun on anything. Internet rumors can spread like wildfire and some can be damaging to people and/or business.

It's probably pretty pointless, but did anyone try writing to the place that sent the e-mail and asking how they got your e-mail address?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some server based spam filters have filtered them out so some people may not receive the email even though it actually was mailed to them.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Here's the thing. The ONLY place I've EVER given this e-mail addy to is True-Protein. That is it. And it was only 1 time. SO that basically says a lot about who it COULD HAVE come from. That's my guess here, look at it like you want.

ALSO, this e-mail has actually cuased me problems now with my work. I am pursuing this with criminal charges. FF can suck on one man because any kind of company that does this that offers illegals are pieces of **** in my book. I'm contacting the authorities again in a bit. Already spoke to them once. Soon it will be out of my hands entirely due to the management at my employment taking over with this whole spiel. Some asshole isn't gonna get me fired from a fanatastic job due to their greed. :mad:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
BTW, NO mention of this site will be carried through. I don't access this site at work so no worries. That's the whole thing here fellas. I was checking my PERSONAL e-mail (un-encrypted) and then I get the call to the office shortly after I find it on my work computer.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Here's the thing. The ONLY place I've EVER given this e-mail addy to is True-Protein. That is it. And it was only 1 time. SO that basically says a lot about who it COULD HAVE come from. That's my guess here, look at it like you want.
I have ordered from them as well. I just laughed at it once I looked at the site. "Aromatherapy Kits":rofl:

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I too received the email, and have bought from 1fast, CEM, and lion nutrition. Not true-protein. hmm I'm confused.

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
i also used true-protein with that email.....!!!

whoever is doing this.....i hope they wont sell our phone number to telemarketers, or use or cerdit card info.

griz145389

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't know how he got it, but I am pissed. Shows that no matter what you think, you are not anonymoous on the web.

fdnk

Board Supporter
Awards

ALSO, this e-mail has actually cuased me problems now with my work. I am pursuing this with criminal charges. FF can suck on one man because any kind of company that does this that offers illegals are pieces of **** in my book. I'm contacting the authorities again in a bit. Already spoke to them once. Soon it will be out of my hands entirely due to the management at my employment taking over with this whole spiel. Some asshole isn't gonna get me fired from a fanatastic job due to their greed. :mad:
Sorry to hear about this ...

Never used True-Protein, but got the email...

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Maybe it was a hack job as someone has suggested???

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I dunno, that guy in the fina farm video sure looked nice... I don't think he could do a thing like that :lol:

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
Yea someone had fun hacking and made some change on the side.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established

So you are saying you may get fired because a piece of spam mail? Sounds strange to me. You have no control over what is sent to your inbox.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
So you are saying you may get fired because a piece of spam mail? Sounds strange to me. You have no control over what is sent to your inbox.
Yeah but that's still drug soliciting holmes. Wether it be a flashy-lookin webpage or a regular source sending you lists for straight AAS, it doesn't matter to them. It's my works' e-mail domain. Not an outside/public one. ANd it's not like people already don't notice that I'm abnormally large in the LBM area, that is just unmistakeable with me. People notice things like that.

Besides the point, their message is "implying" that I'm some sort of member to their services...c'mon now, I'm still a new hire and this is the last thing a corporate employer/CEO wants to deal with.

WHo knows, maybe they won't even do anything. But it sure doesn't mesh well with what I'm trying to accomplish in life with careers and things. That alone just makes me get pissed off at these fvckballs.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
I got the email to an address I only use for legal transactions, not the address I use for boards. It was definitely a supplement company.

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
I know 1fast doesn't have that email address from me and I got the email too.

FARMRULES

Awards
Email addys

This is Don the owner of finafarm. I have had a few replies at my inbox wanting to know where these email addresses were obtained. I had recently purchased researchkits.com in January and the records came with that site. Since he sold the kits I sell I figured I would make an announcement for the site. I also have found out that researchkits had ALOT of problems and have been taking care of his customers.
If you do not want emails from fina farm simply remove yourself by emailing me or the removal link.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
This is what the owner told me:

We purchased a site called researchkits.com and his customer database was included.

Don

[email protected]

www.FINAFARM.com

1-877-468-3462
Bullshit. I've never given that addy out to anyone but Trueprotein (obviously their not to blame either as some haven't given to them.) And so that is obviously a lie. I thank you for the info though.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I never ordered from researchkits.com either...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never done business with either of them so it still doesn't answer the questions (and its likey we will never know anyway)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
This is Don the owner of finafarm. I have had a few replies at my inbox wanting to know where these email addresses were obtained. I had recently purchased researchkits.com in January and the records came with that site. Since he sold the kits I sell I figured I would make an announcement for the site. I also have found out that researchkits had ALOT of problems and have been taking care of his customers.
If you do not want emails from fina farm simply remove yourself by emailing me or the removal link.
I'll say it again...bullshit. I've never even heard of researchkits until a couple months ago. I wouldn't be stupid enough to give that addy out. Sir, you will be hearing from the authorities. And I'll tell ya something else, you'd better hope I don't lose my job over this or I'll be solicitng you at your home!!! Internet threats.....yeah, you'd better hope that's all this is holmes. You're a greedy liar and I hope your biz sinks to the bottom of the earth. I will be telling people to stay the hell away.

FARMRULES

Awards
Guys, the only place your emails were obtained was from my site and if not there from researchkits.com I have NEVER purchased any kits and no board or owner of a site would sell their list of buyers to a competitor.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Lifted... wrong person to threaten bro. Your name, addy, phone number and everything is right here in front of me. Ive never done any harm to you and your not going to get fired unless you actually use **** at work, Fina farm like they even know what its about.
No my friend, you're wrong. I have the same info for you, big deal?? We will see who is right and who is wrong. No big deal? Are you fvcking serious? People aren't as dumb as you think...cept probably yourself. Goodnight...sleep tight.

FARMRULES

Awards
Im letting you know where I obtained this info and a few are disputing it. Call me and I will go more in depth with you and give you all the info youll need to see where I obtained your info. You can also email, or call to request it be removed or disposed of.
Heres my number give me yours and I will call you.
1-877-468-3462 Don

Status
Not open for further replies.