i got an email from congressman re HR2749

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Dear Danny:

Thank you for contacting me with your opposition to H.R. 2749, the Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009. It's good to hear from you.

As you know, it is the sole responsibility of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to ensure the safety of all food and drug products. In light of the recent salmonella outbreaks, I firmly believe that our nation needs to improve our system for ensuring food safety. At the same time, I agree with you that we should be cautious of reform measures that would expand the FDA without clearly defining what responsibilities accompany that reform.

As you may know, the Energy and Commerce Committee recently passed H.R. 2749 by voice vote. This legislation would grant the FDA more enforcement power to investigate food producers and track and recall unsafe food products. Instead of continuing to expand the size and scope of government, we should focus on enforcing the laws currently in place that protect the health of Americans. Please be assured that as Congress continues to discuss food safety reform, including this legislation, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Duncan Hunter
Member of Congress

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
half-assed, but headed the right direction.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
I got one from mine too here in Cali, though it was a little different. Kind of semi-personal just as yours was. At least they took time to create an automated message and mass email it to anyone who contacted them lol. half a step foreward I suppose.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got nothing back. I sent many out too... Not surprising...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Better than the reply I got back.

In brief:
Thank you for your letter. Your opinion is very important to me. If you go to my homepage, www.tooimportanttoreadmyemail.gov you can see what my position is and what I'm voting for and against. Vote for me!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got a reply today... Local congresswoman... I am actually pretty surprised...

Dear Casey,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 2749, the Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009. This is an important issue, and I am glad that you have taken the time to share your views with me.

Protecting public health in the United States is of the utmost importance for ensuring American security and prosperity. While it is essential that both imported and domestically-produced food is safe and accurately labeled, it is also important that we avoid overburdening American firms with high compliance costs.

More specifically, I have concerns about the effect that this regulation could have on small farms and local producers. As this bill continues to evolve through the legislative process, please know that I will continue to fight to ensure that our food and drug safety system adequately protects the health and wellbeing of the American public, without putting small farms and local producers at a disadvantage.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views with me. I hope that you will continue to keep me informed of your views on this and other issues of interest to you. If you would like to receive my E-newsletter, please sign up at my website at www.dahlkemper.house.gov. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Kathy Dahlkemper
Member of Congress

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got a reply today... Local congresswoman... I am actually pretty surprised...

Dear Casey,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 2749, the Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009. This is an important issue, and I am glad that you have taken the time to share your views with me.

Protecting public health in the United States is of the utmost importance for ensuring American security and prosperity. While it is essential that both imported and domestically-produced food is safe and accurately labeled, it is also important that we avoid overburdening American firms with high compliance costs.

More specifically, I have concerns about the effect that this regulation could have on small farms and local producers. As this bill continues to evolve through the legislative process, please know that I will continue to fight to ensure that our food and drug safety system adequately protects the health and wellbeing of the American public, without putting small farms and local producers at a disadvantage.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views with me. I hope that you will continue to keep me informed of your views on this and other issues of interest to you. If you would like to receive my E-newsletter, please sign up at my website at www.dahlkemper.house.gov. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Kathy Dahlkemper
Member of Congress
Now this one sounds like a keeper.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now this one sounds like a keeper.
Yeah, finally got one that sounds like they actually read the complaint and responded in the view of the public to whom they where addressing. Now how about those other responses that just automated it and turned the words around?:think:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Her position is almost surely due to the popularity of the agricultural industry in North-Western Pennsylvania. I am glad that she took the time to legitimately read my email though...

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, finally got one that sounds like they actually read the complaint and responded in the view of the public to whom they where addressing. Now how about those other responses that just automated it and turned the words around?:think:
I agree with you, that response seems to have a more genuine tone to it, than does the first example, which seems very much like the form 'type' letters I have gotten in the past from politicians. Dont get me wrong, Im no crazy letter writer, but there are a couple of issues, including this one, which I wrote in my opinion, and the first time I got a letter back I thought it was cool, until I actually read it, then I was like " Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine? A crummy commercial? Son of a....." if ya get my drift.

:D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
edit: i should have saved mine.

the jist of the letter was that they were for the bill because they want to make the public healthier. that was it in a nutshell. it seemed automated or written by an intern

im from massachusetts

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Typical political talk. BS and more BS.

Cheers!:cheers: