good article on "illegal" wiretaps

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In Japan, the Koreans living there, have for years blindly hallucinate that North Korea under the brutal and barbaric regime of the depot Kim the mass murderers, is paradise on earth.

In South Korea, there are a huge group of crazies who blindly believe in the same delusion.

In Russia, there are still those who think so fondly of one of history's biggest mass murderers, Stalin.

In Europe, there are those who call themselve enlightened democracy and human right advocates who to this day, venomously oppose the depose of that mass murderer Saddam.

It is obvious that in every society, there is a group of deluded people who would shamelessly betray all that they pretend to champion, and warmly embrace evil.

Our responsibility, as citizen of the free world and democracy, is to safeguard our institutions from these corruptors of human liberty.

They are harmless, as long as they are being reduced to only venting and ranting on internet forum. :D :D :D

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
In Japan, the Koreans living there, have for years blindly hallucinate that North Korea under the brutal and barbaric regime of the depot Kim the mass murderers, is paradise on earth.

In South Korea, there are a huge group of crazies who blindly believe in the same delusion.

In Russia, there are still those who think so fondly of one of history's biggest mass murderers, Stalin.

In Europe, there are those who call themselve enlightened democracy and human right advocates who to this day, venomously oppose the depose of that mass murderer Saddam.

It is obvious that in every society, there is a group of deluded people who would shamelessly betray all that they pretend to champion, and warmly embrace evil.

Our responsibility, as citizen of the free world and democracy, is to safeguard our institutions from these corruptors of human liberty.

They are harmless, as long as they are being reduced to only venting and ranting on internet forum. :D :D :D
I thought you don't care what we think...
why are you still trying to prove yourself?
I thought we weren't worth your time...:think:

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Someone neg rep'ed me and told me to make a long winded rebuttal to some of mumbo jumbo posted here.

I'll try to be brief here.

1. I don't read longwinded mumbo jumbo. People who write that kind of BS, never have a real job in their lives. If they had, they would know how to be concise and get to the point. I have no interest in reading BS from people who have no real world experience.

2. I am not terribly interested in furthering the education of such people. I point the direction. They can go further their education by exploring on their own. I am not freaking spoon feeding them.

3. If they don't care to broaden their horizon and get themselves out of their little cocoon, then I have better things to do.

4. It is far more productive for me to use my time and effort, working with people in my camp, to help put or elect like minded people into positions of power and decision making. Then we can implement our ideology and our vision.

5. We will let the corruptors of humanity do their internet rant and vent. :D We walk the walk. They can talk the talk.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
2. I am not terribly interested in furthering the education of such people. I point the direction. They can go further their education by exploring on their own. I am not freaking spoon feeding them.

3. If they don't care to broaden their horizon and get themselves out of their little cocoon, then I have better things to do.
:toofunny:
4. It is far more productive for me to use my time and effort, working with people in my camp, to help put or elect like minded people into positions of power and decision making. Then we can implement our ideology and our vision.
:toofunny:

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought you don't care what we think...
why are you still trying to prove yourself?
I thought we weren't worth your time...:think:
Oh c'mon.... We all need a little escapism from time to time. We all like to entertain ourselves with fiction and fantasy. ;) lol

Prove myself? huh? Well, if I spent anymore time on this, that would prove I am no better than you guys. :D :run:

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good night gentlement. It is Saturday night. Don't waste it on your keyboard. Stay safe. Don't drink and drive.:drunk:

mindgames

Awards
Oh Bio,

You can't even follow your own advice to leave this thread - any more than you can lucidly follow the arguments presented or counter them.

Your comebacks are as lame as your posts.

mindgames

Awards

You left one out.

And in america there are people who still think that Bush is not a murderous despot meddling out of his limited depth in foreign affairs.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You remind me of something I read recently. "I have won many argument against intelligent people. But somehow I have lost every argument against an idiot." :D An idiot hiding behind a pile of mumbo jumbo is invincible. lol
Once more, at the very least you can have the balls to post a direct insult.

P.S. You see, the reason I don't care to read nor rebutt your mumbo jumbo is, because it is a complete waste of time. As for my foreign experience and my education and career attainment, hmmm..... yeah... I am sooooooo desperately in need of your recognition. :D :D :rofl: See ya.
If it's mumbo jumbo then it's easily refuted. The most likely reason you're not replying because you can't. Personally I don't care if you do or not, I'm not trying to change your mind, just offerring a counter argument to what I see as faulty reasoning.

I don't read longwinded mumbo jumbo. People who write that kind of BS, never have a real job in their lives. If they had, they would know how to be concise and get to the point. I have no interest in reading BS from people who have no real world experience.
Your presumptuousness in what experience other people do and do not have, what jobs they do and do not hold is pretty amazing. I've never made assumptions about your life because, quite simply, I don't know anything about it. That you can't return the favor and concentrate on arguments instead of throwing insults around is a pretty definitive indicator of the strength of your views.

I am not terribly interested in furthering the education of such people. I point the direction. They can go further their education by exploring on their own. I am not freaking spoon feeding them.
Generally people with so little humility that they think they're every utterance is "educating" a deprived and mislead populace aren't worth listening to. Education implies learning, which means the ability to admit fault and change one's views in light of new information or points of view. I have changed my view on this war, and may still do so yet based on new information coming out of Iraq concerning Saddam's intentions. That's something you seem relatively immune to though. So you've either got the stranglehold on the truth of this situation or you're merely comfortably happy in a world insullated from reality. The insults you throw at others and myself are more likely a reflection of your own faults and limitations, whether you're aware of them or not.

They are harmless, as long as they are being reduced to only venting and ranting on internet forum.
This seems an odd rant, but the gist of it seems to be that you and those in your "camp" have taken it upon yourselves to save the unwashed heathen masses of the world from themselves. While that's very generous of you and your "camp," past attempts at such saving have ended in utter disaster.

You see the world as black and white, and more importantly as perfectable. Was Saddam evil? Yes. But whether or not the world, Iraq, or indeed the US is better off without him is a question that can only be answered in the context of what he is replaced with, and that is yet to be determined.

Advance liberty? I assume you like other neocons are trying to advance liberty through such actions as the unprovoked invasions of sovereign nations, repeated attempts to establish political and cultural hegemony, forcing people who might not want the life you choose to live according to your views, and the wholesale destruction of life and personal property that come with those methods. That is counter productive to the goal of advancing liberty.

Liberty is choice, and choice is an individual matter. In trying to deliver liberal democracy to the unwashed of the world you are no different than the misguided liberals here at home who try to deliver their version of freedom to whatever oppressed minority they take a shine to. And that is the connection you seem to missing, that Mises and Rothbard and other Austrians made a long time ago and that you, while you claim familiarity and even kinship with that viewpoint, seem utterly oblivious to. 'Freedom' delivered by force, at the point of a gun, necessarily destroys the institutions that are necessary for actual freedom to take root and thrive. It is the enforcement of one view on many, one life on many, one goal on many, one form of government on many, and that many can and will eventually come back to bite you in the ass.

The difference in views here is between positive and negative liberty. Positive liberty is merely modern social liberalism, freedom through government empowerment. Negative liberty, the traditional and correct view of liberty in my opinion, recognizes that active government intervention in the world is destructive of personal freedom, and seeks to guarantee freedom through a series of restraints on government action. Positive liberty is the love child liberal and conservative statists who want to empower one part of society and create their view of a perfect world. That they have to oppress or otherwise silence those who might not choose that same path is a quietly acknowledged but never voiced consequence of that view. Negative liberty recognizes that rights are not granted by the government, but taken and held by force by the people. It is because freedom and liberty originate in individual choices an actions that the only truly successful advancement of liberty has to find its impetus and main support locally. It has to be born and thrive locally, be home cooked not delivered like a pizza. We here in the US were happy to accept French help during our revolution, but we had already pledged our lives and our sacred honor to the advancement of that end. I've seen no such pledge from the Iraqis. They did not start this fight and ask us for help, we delivered it upon them at our own convenience and for our own ends.

I truly hope you are correct. I hope a liberal democracy takes hold in Iraq and the rest of the middle east follows them or at least gets moderated to a certain extent by their presence. I hope with all my heart and soul that happens, because if it doesn't there are a couple thousand dead Americans and tens of thousands of dead Iraqis who lost their lives for nothing. That is the risk you and your "camp" have taken, that is the path you have lead us down. History seems to be against your success.

"Rights may be universal but their enforcement must be local." - Murray Rothbard.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
You left one out.

And in america there are people who still think that Bush is not a murderous despot meddling out of his limited depth in foreign affairs.
Do you even know what a murderous despot is?

Your statement is utterly ridiculous. If you have no knowledge of how the American government works you should keep your retarded comments to yourself.

mindgames

Awards
Do you even know what a murderous despot is?

Your statement is utterly ridiculous. If you have no knowledge of how the American government works you should keep your retarded comments to yourself.

A despot is a cruel and opressive dictator. Bush cruelly sanctions wholesale murder in Iraq by his illegal presence there, is opressive in that he attempts to sanction and censor real war atrocity details - such as Abu Grahib photos, sanctions unconstitutional eavesdropping on the home population, dictator in the sense of holding the record for Presidential discretion and overriding policy directives coming through Congress.

You should also go and take a course in debate - and manners - before you venture back here - the personal insults are unnecessary and the sign of an emotive, irrational exponent of persiflage and innocuous diatribe.

BTW, I used to teach History, including US History. I see only too well, unfortunately, how your attempted democracy works.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
A despot is a cruel and opressive dictator.
Like, the "butcher of Baghdad" Sadaam Hussein?

Bush cruelly sanctions wholesale murder in Iraq by his illegal presence there
Yeah you're right, we should have trusted Sadaam Hussein to be a good boy, despite keeping inspectors out for over a decade. Sorry buddy, can't take that chance after a couple thousand innocent Americans were murdered. [/quote]

is opressive in that he attempts to sanction and censor real war atrocity details - such as Abu Grahib photos, sanctions unconstitutional eavesdropping on the home population, dictator in the sense of holding the record for Presidential discretion and overriding policy directives coming through Congress.
Oh the war atrocity of Abu Grahib. Oh dear, those poor terrorists being made to stand naked with each other. Cry me a river, buddy. Those same bastards are cutting civilians' heads off and broadcasting it. I suppose this isn't a "real war atrocity" though, as you put it.

I guess you're the judge of what's constitutional and what isn't in America huh? I'm glad someone is fighting for the constitutional right of people to talk to terrorists without being monitored. You're a civil rights crusader, I'm sure our founding fathers would be damn proud!

You should also go and take a course in debate - and manners - before you venture back here - the personal insults are unnecessary and the sign of an emotive, irrational exponent of persiflage and innocuous diatribe.
You should get your head out of your ass before speaking. Calling the democratically elected President a "murderous dictator" isn't an insult against my President and my country, I guess?

Do I show emotion in this? I'm so sorry if I do. Perhaps I give a damn about my country and it pisses me off to see some whiny punk trash my country from a couple thousand miles away. I take your insults and ridiculous remarks about my country personally. [/quote]

BTW, I used to teach History, including US History. I see only too well, unfortunately, how your attempted democracy works.
Our attempted democracy huh? I guess our whole government is a sham! Please, save us the lecture on what a failure the United States is, and how it didn't set an example for dozens of countries to follow. Wow, you're a history teacher! I'm glad you've had the oppurtunity to pollute hundreds of growing minds with your ridiculous, jealousy-inspired hatred of the United States and our President.

mindgames

Awards
[
Point by point:

A thousand innocent Americans murdered.I assume you mean 9/11 which even Bush says had NOTHING to do with Iraq, only brainwashed Fox viewers ever swallowed that lie.
Also, there are still MANY dictators worse than Saddam in power - Nth Korea, Zimbabwe, China, Burma etc etc., why did the USA pick on him in particular - was he finishing Daddy's work or just after oil?

Abu Grahib - well I hope you don't complain if your troops get the same treatment. Ever heard of a thing all civilised nations abide by called the geneva Convcention. Your human rights abuses record SUX. Even your major ally, the Britsh pulled their prisoners out of there........ their official response is that Guantanmo is 'uncivilised."

Chopping off heads IS an atrocity, I agree. But don't expect an outnumbered outgunned enemy to employ fair or conventional tactics...you are invading their land, killing their women and children.

http://action.aclu.org/torturefoia/released/102405/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200601/s1550635.htm

Wire taps like this ARE illegal - check your own Supreme Court Precedents.
"There are a number of legal issues surrounding the surveillance without warrants controversy. Some have suggested that President Bush, in authorizing such surveillance, is in violation of the Privacy Act of 1974, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA), and the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution (the Fourth Amendment is part of the Bill of Rights which seeks to guard Americans against unreasonable search and seizure). "

There is also a 1979 Supreme Court precedent that was in an issue of Time afew months ago - I just can't find it right now.

My head is not in my ass you rude dolt. Keep to the facts and put your anger where you think my head is.
And yes, your government is a sham - a media and multinational orchestrated farce that is at pains to surveil its own citizens, embed it's own media to make the Hollywood version of the Iraq war, in vain attempts to censor 'negative' war information ......censorship, ssurveillance of population, Presidential overriding of Congress decisions - NOT democratic my friend.

I am not jealous of America. I just take comfort that in the history of the world, big empires have ALWAYS fallen - it is a fact of history that has always repeated.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just because other Presidents have wiretapped doesn't mean its justified. Wiretapping without warrants isn't justified in any circumstance. Plus its illegal and pisses on everything that the founders busted their asses for.

It hasn't prevented catastrophes from happening. 9/11 happened. Not only that but the government knew that it was going to happen for some time. That event doesn't justify wiretapping at all. Paying attention to real CIA reports, not doctored **** to justify invasions, is the key.

And yes, your government is a sham - a media and multinational orchestrated farce that is at pains to surveil its own citizens, embed it's own media to make the Hollywood version of the Iraq war, in vain attempts to censor 'negative' war information ......censorship, ssurveillance of population, Presidential overriding of Congress decisions - NOT democratic my friend.
Well said.

I have to wonder why people think its patriotic to follow Bush. Bush isn't the closest thing to patriotic.

President Porkbarrel hands out buddy-buddy deals for padded projects, shits on the Consitution on a constant basis, lies to our faces, fights free speech, never owns up to any of his mistakes, nor does he try to rectify his mistakes, and passes shady bills overnight.

As an American, Bush is a joke and I hate how he has fucked things up so badly for everyone, including his own people. He has given this nation a black eye and has no respect for the honor and dignity that comes with being American.

mindgames

Awards
MORE EVIDENCE OF PRISONER ABUSE

98 prisoners died in US custody: report
Ninety-eight prisoners have died in US custody in Iraq and Afghanistan since August 2002, the US-based Human Rights First organisation says.

Speaking on BBC television, the organisation says a report to be published by a group of US lawyers details at least 98 deaths, with at least 34 of them suspected or confirmed homicides.

Their dossier claims that 11 more deaths are deemed suspicious and that between eight and 12 prisoners were tortured to death.

The number of deaths in custody discounts those due to fighting, mortar attacks or violence between detainees.

They were directly attributable to their detention or interrogation in American custody, the BBC's Newsnight program said.

The report alleged that one person was made to jump off a bridge into the Tigris River in Iraq and another was forced inside a sleeping bag and suffocated.

The report's editor Deborah Pearlstein says the writers are comfortable with the reliability of the facts.

"These are documents based on army investigative reports, documents that we've obtained from the Government or that have come out through Freedom of Information Act requests in the United States," she said.

In response, the US Pentagon told the program that they were yet to see the report.