good article on "illegal" wiretaps

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OMG!!!!

And you think the left are paranoid. That statement of yours ranks with the 9/11 didn't happen argument.

I don't know a far right nazi who would agree with such utter rubbish
Wow... that is quite a statement... so when did you serve down in Iraq recently Mindgames??? Its been less than a year for me.. and I have seen some very interesting things.

Or has everyone forgotten totally about Hallabja??? Do you think he just got rid of that weapon right after seeing the MASS amount of deaths it can cause?

Adams

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This charge is just as easily and more accurately leveled at the right in their choice of which countries to help toward freedom and which not to help, and to what degrees. They are making the decision, taking it away from the people who arguably have a better claim to it: the subjugated people themselves.

The Republicans are the ones actually making the choice in selecting a country to do it in. Erring toward uses of soft power as opposed to hard power is what the Democrats want and that puts them in the same boat. Both parties are making that choice, they just have different means they prefer to use to achieve the end.

Noninterventionists like myself are the only ones not making the choice, because we leave the choice up to the people in those countries: revolt and enforce your own rights or suffer.
No no no no... You are confusing the issues here. The Bush/Cheney administration did not sit around the fireplace and decided which country we should liberate and which we don't. That might be the way some megalomaniac in the self-righteous Klinton/Gore camp did things.

The issue is not about which country to liberate. It is far more complicated than that. It intervines with the threat of Islamic fanatism, the threat of WMD, the threat of rogue state terrorism, the strategic energy sources and what kind of political system serve America's long term interest the best.

The rogue nations in the Middle East needed to be 'persuaded' not to help Al Qaeda getting WMD. Iraq is the tool to achieve that strategic goal. In that regards, the picture of Saddam in his underwear, doing his own laundy in his prison, did exactly just that. The result : 1. Saudi Arabia put Al Qaeda as public enemy number one. 2. Libya gave up WMD voluntarily. 3. The Lebanese are emboldened to kick out the Syrians. 4. Al Qaeda is the most hated organization worldwide and its butchers are being hunted down and killed off. 5. Arabs are beginning to realize that maybe, just maybe, that all their problems are not the result of Zionists and imperialists conspired oppression, but rather their own incompetent, corrupt government and oppressive religious backwardation.
The ramification is far broader than what the media has tried its best to distort and ignore.

The most detailed and most indepth, and also most credible source of information on this topic is in ,

http://www.americassecretwar.com/ Highly recommended. it gives you a completely different perpective into the issues.

As numerous Republican administrations did when they felt it was in the US interest to do so. As did Democratic administrations...
It is a tried and failed tactic to go back into history and dig up all the past events that the current administration has nothing to do with, and use those to bash America today.

Besides, thanks for muddying up my points. I was not originally talking about what the Republican or Democrate administrations have or have not done.

I was talking specifically about the 'democracy advocates' today being totally hypocritical when it comes to upholding what they claim to uphold. Today's Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanon are free from tyranny and the people are struggling against the remnants of the past tyrants. So where are those self-righteous 'advocates of democracy'? You would think that they would be falling over each other to help the citizens of Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanon, to build their struggling democracy.

But NOOOOOO.... These 'advocates of democracy' are so filled with blind hatred, that they are willing to betray their conscience and align themselves with the deposed tyrants!!
Not only they have done little to help the struggling people of Iraq to be free, they condemn loudly all the effort and sacrifice made to bring those people their basic freedom.

And YOU are basically saying that is OK!! Furthermore, you dragged out a laundry list of 'how do we know they want to be free?' , 'What right do we have to help them to be free from oppression?' I say, WTF is wrong with you?! LOL Are you so indulged in your intellectual mumbo jumbo that you have totally forsaken reality? :)

How do you know this? Granting it's true, do we have the right to help them? Because, the standard for the longest time in the world was essentially universal rights with local enforcement. It was only after Wilson that the idea of using military power to advance the interests and well being of noncitizens became a widely accepted policy. Staying out of foreign wars was given much more weight in matters of policy and honor. Granting we do have the right, should we exercise that right? Granting we should, are we in a position to exercise that right at a reasonable cost to us? Granting that, what's the best option or method to help the people in question?

How do I know that?!! What kind of idiotic question is that? You may prefer to remain stuck in some bygone era. Get with the time, my friend. Go talk to the Afghans. Go talk to the Iraqis. Go talk to the Lebanese. And you can explain to them what YOU think AND know that they don't have any use for freedom.

It is absurd and arrogant for you to presume that ONLY YOU want to be free from oppression and tyranny. It is also braindead to argue about this basic human need. It is insane!

Ask the Afghans, the Lebanese, the Iraqis, your theoretical questions.

Saying the world would be better without all tyrants doesn't negate the serious questions that arise when discussing how they are to be removed and democracy promoted. Denying that is basically saying the ends justify the means.
Whatever dude. Feel free to sit and ponder how many angels dance on the head of a pin too.

That's an entirely false dilema, denying the myriad of questions and options surrounding the issue of a tyrannical state. Not supporting one particular means of removing a tyrant does not translate to supporting that tyrant, just as not buying one brand of bread doesn't mean a wholesale rejection of all bread by a consumer. There are other options, and trying to fit the debate into a one or the other decision doesn't provide anything useful and isn't a true reflection of reality. And that false presentation of this situation is something I've heard far more often from the right than the left.
See my answer above.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know.. Reading you post made me realize something.

Let's for simplification sake, just use the analogy of feeding the children. I am of the camp that chooses the practical approach. Let's just cook the beef and serve it. It is hygienic and nutritious.

But you, OTOH, want to argue incessantly about the right color of the chef's uniform and hats we ought to have, and so forth and so forth. You want to argue about how we know that children need food to survive. You want to argue about what right we have to prevent the children from starving. You want to argue about cooking it your way.

Now normally I don't give a raging **** if you are the one starving as a result of you going on a trip of mental masturbation. LOL

But it seems that YOU would rather the children go hungry unless you have things your way. That I have nothing but contempt for. :)

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
hey.. and the british trained the american militias.. whats your point... sometimes the people you train, dont stay on the path they should.. be it for the better, or for the worse

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
can you find a more anti-american website lol

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
its anti reality... :icon_lol:
If you want to call it that...

I am completely anti "reality" in regaurds to what the world defines as reality.
My perception of the world is always religious.

btw MaynardMeek, you said you have a masters in religion. What will you do, or are you doing with that degree? I want to do something similar regaurdless of whether or not I will be a benefit to me in my future profession.
I wish to do this because if you learn about other peoples world view it will help you understand their actions... And maybe i can learn something about my religion by studying those of others.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
i am a prof. at a college in NJ..for both philosophy and modern religions and cults... very rewarding.. i also teach aikido, which is pretty much a religion of its own...

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
i am a prof. at a college in NJ..for both philosophy and modern religions and cults... very rewarding.. i also teach aikido, which is pretty much a religion of its own...
Thats awsome...

I have given a lot of thought to doing what you do...
May I ask what faith you belong to?

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
i was roman catholic... was even in seminary and in theory i am brother maynard,, but differences got the best of me

mindgames

Awards
Wow... that is quite a statement... so when did you serve down in Iraq recently Mindgames??? Its been less than a year for me.. and I have seen some very interesting things.

Or has everyone forgotten totally about Hallabja??? Do you think he just got rid of that weapon right after seeing the MASS amount of deaths it can cause?

Adams
No I'm not stupid enough to go and be cannon fodder in a country where I am not wanted - sent by a government for ulterior motives. There are / were MANY evil dictatorships in the world, have you ever wondered why Bush chose Iraq??

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WOW! That is indeed a very credible source, if you are a classic case of nutjob! :)

Here is what GlobalResearch says about 911 :

"....It is, in any case, already possible to know, beyond a reasonable doubt, one very important thing: the destruction of the World Trade Center was an inside job, orchestrated by domestic terrorists. Foreign terrorists could not have gotten access to the buildings to plant the explosives. They probably would not have had the courtesy to make sure that the buildings collapsed straight down, rather than falling over onto surrounding buildings. And they could not have orchestrated a cover-up, from the quick disposal of the steel to the FEMA Report to The 9/11 Commission Report to the NIST Report. All of these things could have been orchestrated only by forces within our own government....."

:D :D :D :rofl:

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Aren't you a bit too young to be a prof? :) Lets say you graduated high school at 18. 4 yrs of undergraduate. 3-4 yrs of masters+phd. Then you become an instructor/lecturer, then an associate prof... etc etc. :) You must be rather talented to be on the fast track to tenure.

mindgames

Awards
Hey Bio,
How come when anyone cites a source (such as The Paper Route) that shoots you down in flames it is either wrong or leftist, yet you give no grounds for your perceptions? Yet every souce you quote is the be all and end all and left to stand on it's own merits.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
if you are a classic case of nutjob!
Hmmm. how bout we not call names.

The only reason you are insulting people is because you fear the truth we are mentioning (though not everything posted has been truth).
You are only hearing what you want to hear. You call us quacks so that your conscious mind can dismiss the things that are in conflict with the stories you have already believe.

How about you put your emotions and pride aside and reason with us. Wise men can admit it when they are wrong. What makes you a fool is when you can't do that.

The Paper Route

The Paper Route

Awards
WOW! That is indeed a very credible source, if you are a classic case of nutjob! :)

Here is what GlobalResearch says about 911 :

"....It is, in any case, already possible to know, beyond a reasonable doubt, one very important thing: the destruction of the World Trade Center was an inside job, orchestrated by domestic terrorists. Foreign terrorists could not have gotten access to the buildings to plant the explosives. They probably would not have had the courtesy to make sure that the buildings collapsed straight down, rather than falling over onto surrounding buildings. And they could not have orchestrated a cover-up, from the quick disposal of the steel to the FEMA Report to The 9/11 Commission Report to the NIST Report. All of these things could have been orchestrated only by forces within our own government....."

:D :D :D :rofl:
did you ever read the 911 commision report it full of holes.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Aren't you a bit too young to be a prof? :) Lets say you graduated high school at 18. 4 yrs of undergraduate. 3-4 yrs of masters+phd. Then you become an instructor/lecturer, then an associate prof... etc etc. :) You must be rather talented to be on the fast track to tenure.
got my masters and BA in the same run.. the masters degree allowed me to not hold the adjunct title.. we do not have assoc profs here at this school.. however, i am working on my PHD ... so i guess you could call me an associate prof.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
No one quoted you out of context. You just refuse to recognize the bias in your own posts. That's all.
wow...ha ha
that's hilarious

.......so i guess that makes you unbiased:blink:
(and yes you did)

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
got my masters and BA in the same run.. the masters degree allowed me to not hold the adjunct title.. we do not have assoc profs here at this school.. however, i am working on my PHD ... so i guess you could call me an associate prof.
I see. Didn't realize that masters allows you to hold the title.

Damn, I ought to complain to my university. I wanna to be a prof too. :D J/k Congratulations bro! God speed!

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
i was at ground zero the day, min, second of the attack.. i was not in the building.. i was around out side.. there were no secondary explosions at the base of the buildings.. the planes hit..people jumped out of the building to get away from the heat.. .. those two planes and the heat brought those buildings down

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
it could be cause you work at a state school... if you do.. this school is a private catholic college.. so i think they make their own rules...

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i was at ground zero the day, min, second of the attack.. i was not in the building.. i was around out side.. there were no secondary explosions at the base of the buildings.. the planes hit..people jumped out of the building to get away from the heat.. .. those two planes and the heat brought those buildings down
Did you happen to see Giuliani holding a match that he used to light the fuse? :D Some nuts claimed he and his team blew up the buildings. lol

mindgames

Awards
Do you believe that 911 is an inside job orchestrated by the government then? :)

I don't know. But I do know that you'd be a blind fool to not be able to see the incredible contradictions and holes in logic in the 9/11 report. Only a fool with a z minus in logic could believe such garbage.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
I am sure in your eyes, I have to be biased. :) That is not unexpected.
I can see your reasoning...
So you should see mine.
We are on opposite ends of the spectrum....

but
Why are you defending the government like its your child? Why do you believe in the infallibilty of government?

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
there are so many holes because it wasn't this big todo... men got on the planes.. took them over.. crashed them... it didn't take millions of dollars to do.. it too the price of a plane ticket and 2 days of flight school ( 100 bucks each roughly)... they want to find more information inorder to make it seem like it was something so hard to detect...

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know. But I do know that you'd be a blind fool to not be able to see the incredible contradictions and holes in logic in the 9/11 report. Only a fool with a z minus in logic could believe such garbage.
And what is your conclusion then? CIA? Bush? Mossad? Howard perhads? :icon_lol:

lol

The ultimate 'Who dun it?" question.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can see your reasoning...
So you should see mine.
We are on opposite ends of the spectrum....

but
Why are you defending the government like its your child? Why do you believe in the infallibilty of government?
You only perceived me as "defending the government like its [my] child" or "believe in the infallibilty of government". That is only your perception. :)

I explained to you the rationale for the American strategy, but you perceived that as merely defending the government and believing in the infallibility of the government. :) I am a skeptic, but I am not a cynic. I don't go around being cynical about everything out there. Not everything the government does is evil. :) There are good men and women in public service who believe and sacrifice for the greater good of America and the free world.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
You only perceived me as "defending the government like its [my] child" or "believe in the infallibilty of government". That is only your perception. :)

I explained to you the rationale for the American strategy, but you perceived that as merely defending the government and believing in the infallibility of the government. :) I am a skeptic, but I am not a cynic. I don't go around being cynical about everything out there. Not everything the government does is evil. :) There are good men and women in public service who believe and sacrifice for the greater good of America and the free world.
So everyones perception is off but yours. Basically, you know everthing.
(note: I am being sarcastic)

And I realize that there are good men and women in government. And it is sad that they don't have control over, nor see, the big picture.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
So you believe that the US government brought down the Twin Towers and murdered over 2000 civilians?

Well... I guess I don't have anything to say then.
and you think the opposite; so I guess I have nothing to say either... peace

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So everyones perception is off but yours. Basically, you know everthing.
(note: I am being sarcastic)

And I realize that there are good men and women in government. And it is sad that they don't have control over, nor see, the big picture.
Perception? What good is perception? Real information is what is useful. Perception is for things like art appreciation, music enjoyment, etc etc.

BTW, What I have presented is not some secret information. It is all in public domain. You wouldn't find it in CNN and CBS and other alphabet soup news services.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Perception? What good is perception? Real information is what is useful. Perception is for things like art appreciation, music enjoyment, etc etc.

BTW, What I have presented is not some secret information. It is all in public domain. You wouldn't find it in CNN and CBS and other alphabet soup news services.
Perception is everything...

and just because your news sources are not the "alphabet soup" ones that buffalo most of america still does not mean they are correct. Also they may contain elements or parts of the truth and still be extremely slanted....

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Perception is everything...

and just because your news sources are not the "alphabet soup" ones that buffalo most of america still does not mean they are correct. Also they may contain elements or parts of the truth and still be extremely slanted....
Making decisions based on perception would result in disastrous outcome. I would think that you would want to base your policy-making/decision-making on factual information of reality on the ground, instead of what you or anyone 'perceive' things to be.

And no, you don't bow down at the altar at any sources and place your undying faith in their hands. Information is just an input. You have to put the jigsaw puzzle together. Now, mindful that your own bias and ideology may **** things up for you, you take precaution not to interject your own preconceived notion into the mix. We do need to separate raw intelligence from editorials. I am very aware of that.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Making decisions based on perception would result in disastrous outcome. I would think that you would want to base your policy-making/decision-making on factual information of reality on the ground, instead of what you or anyone 'perceive' things to be.

And no, you don't bow down at the altar at any sources and place your undying faith in their hands. Information is just an input. You have to put the jigsaw puzzle together. Now, mindful that your own bias and ideology may **** things up for you, you take precaution not to interject your own preconceived notion into the mix. We do need to separate raw intelligence from editorials. I am very aware of that.
The peices that you decide to plug into this "puzzle of truth" will only be deemed valuable because you say(percieve them to be) they are.

I am completely baffled at the fact that you think you have no bias or ideologies influeincing your reasoning...
We all have that. If we didn't then we would be computers. But we are fools if we stick with ideologies that are incorrect/not benefitial.

I have a hard time (to say the least) finding any absolutes or truths outside of religion...

mindgames

Awards
Like the PERCEPTION of WMD's in Iraq = invasion....

What you denigrate (above) is precisely what Bush did in relation to Iraq.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
You do realize that your posts negate themselves and are oxymorons right?

I would think that you would want to base your policy-making/decision-making on factual information of reality on the ground, instead of what you or anyone 'perceive' things to be.
when you say "base your decision" on things, im curious as to how you base a decision on anything if you dont have an opinion on them nor have even seen them(them=whatever the issue)
When you (your brain) collects and interpretes data it can only do it based upon your perception.
In school we all do well in the subjects we enjoy because of the fact that we enjoy them and pay attention to them. You will not even consider the truth of any anti-gov info because it is not in congruence with the "story" you prefer.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The peices that you decide to plug into this "puzzle of truth" will only be deemed valuable because you say(percieve them to be) they are.

I am completely baffled at the fact that you think you have no bias or ideologies influeincing your reasoning...
We all have that. If we didn't then we would be computers. But we are fools if we stick with ideologies that are incorrect/not benefitial.

I have a hard time (to say the least) finding any absolutes or truths outside of religion...
No..no.. no... You don't just 'perceive' something to be valuable based on your ideology. Not unless you want to get to the truth of things. You got to ask yourself if you want the truth or if you want the comfort of having things fit into your ideology. It is a choice you have to make. You have to live with it.

If by perception you mean professional, educated judgement, then I would concur that such input is essential. However, my objection is to ideology based perception of what is relevant. Such perception is self deceiving.

It is simple actually, at some point of your life, you have to decide whether you want to seek the truth of things or whether you would be happy basking in the rhetoric of partisan ideology. You have to be honest with yourself whether you are getting to the unbiased truth or you are just pretending. I am sure there are people who believe in their own lies. lol

I realize that I have to be as unbiased and as objective as I possibly can be if I want to get the job done right. I can fool myself. But then I will suffer the consequences when my decisions bring me disastrous losses.

Now, I would be deluding myself if I believe that I am a perfectly totally unbiased person. While it is easy to be totally objective and unbiased professionally, I can't say the same about my personal life. lol

I am happy for you that you find truth in religion. I am not a religious person. I found faith and ideals in religion, not truth.
To me, hard truth would be something like the Sun rises in the east. Now, that is irrefutable hard truth. LOL So, yeah. I got plenty of hard truth outside of religion. lol But I don't disrespect religion nor religious people. I admire people with strong faith. They are people with principles.