good article on "illegal" wiretaps

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Like the PERCEPTION of WMD's in Iraq = invasion....

What you denigrate (above) is precisely what Bush did in relation to Iraq.
There is no perception involved. I realize that you are in Australia and so may be it is hard to get that book I mentioned. The author is an intelligence analyst. He explains the WMD issue very clearly in the book. Feel free to browse the site I linked. There is an interview of the author, in which he discussed the role of the WMD played in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

WMD is a cover story. So is the blame on intelligence failure and what not. But is all part of international politics and what not.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
But still, you just said "I realize that I have to be as unbiased and as objective as I possibly can be if I want to get the job done right".... Im afraid that would be a change in perception to going out of the norm and attempting an unbiased view (or perception :D)

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
We are going in circles here and its really pissing me off.

YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN MAKE THE FINAL DECISION FOR ALL OF US ON WHAT IS TRUE AND FALSE. WTF!!!!

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You do realize that your posts negate themselves and are oxymorons right?

when you say "base your decision" on things, im curious as to how you base a decision on anything if you dont have an opinion on them nor have even seen them(them=whatever the issue)
When you (your brain) collects and interpretes data it can only do it based upon your perception.
In school we all do well in the subjects we enjoy because of the fact that we enjoy them and pay attention to them. You will not even consider the truth of any anti-gov info because it is not in congruence with the "story" you prefer.
You are mixing up what you mean by perception. I realize that it is a matter of to what degree you want to be honest with yourself.

Let's illustrate with an example. Suppose you are to command troops into battle. What do you want to base your strategic and tactical decisions on? Do you want to get your hands on as much hard cold facts as possible? Do you want real time intelligence? Or would you rather sit around and pontificate on what your ideology/philosophy/religious belief tell you? Not that those are worthless. But I am sure your troops would rather you work on information about enemies' strategic and tactical situations, then on your 'perception' of how the world ought to be. :) I would be focused on the relative strategic and tactical positions I have vs the enemies, and not on what my ideology tells me they ought to be.

Perception is fine IF it is derived from and based on hard cold facts and professional judgment, AND not on what ones think how things ought to be.

I suppose it all depends on the requirement of your job. If your job demands that you make the right decision, then you will toss your bias and perception into the toilet ASAP. lol If OTOH, your job allows you to pontificate and what not, then what the heck, have a blast. lol

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But still, you just said "I realize that I have to be as unbiased and as objective as I possibly can be if I want to get the job done right".... Im afraid that would be a change in perception to going out of the norm and attempting an unbiased view (or perception :D)
huh? Where is the inconsistency? If I let bias creep into my decision making, then I inject error into my decision making. So yeah, if I want to be right, I had better make damn sure that I keep bias out as best as I possibly can.

I not that dumb as not to realize that I am not infalliable. So I do strive to be as unbiased as I possibly can.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We are going in circles here and its really pissing me off.

YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN MAKE THE FINAL DECISION FOR ALL OF US ON WHAT IS TRUE AND FALSE. WTF!!!!
I don't make decision on what is true or false. For example, the sun rises in the east and that is the truth. I got nothing to do with that. :D

I don't know how you get stuck in a circle.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
You are mixing up what you mean by perception. I realize that it is a matter of to what degree you want to be honest with yourself.

Let's illustrate with an example. Suppose you are to command troops into battle. What do you want to base your strategic and tactical decisions on? Do you want to get your hands on as much hard cold facts as possible? Do you want real time intelligence? Or would you rather sit around and pontificate on what your ideology/philosophy/religious belief tell you? Not that those are worthless. But I am sure your troops would rather you work on information about enemies' strategic and tactical situations, then on your 'perception' of how the world ought to be. :) I would be focused on the relative strategic and tactical positions I have vs the enemies, and not on what my ideology tells me they ought to be.

Perception is fine IF it is derived from and based on hard cold facts and professional judgment, AND not on what ones think how things ought to be.

I suppose it all depends on the requirement of your job. If your job demands that you make the right decision, then you will toss your bias and perception into the toilet ASAP. lol If OTOH, your job allows you to pontificate and what not, then what the heck, have a blast. lol
You obviously have a different definition of perception than I do.

I cant keep this up with you... your posts are so hazy and use such poor/incorrect analogies that i dont even care to respond.
peace

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You obviously have a different definition of perception than I do.

I cant keep this up with you... your posts are so hazy and use such poor/incorrect analogies that i dont even care to respond.
peace
I thought that was a brilliant analogy. But oh well...:hammer: :hammer:

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
Hey Whiskey Steve, I was just looking at your sig, and I was wondering, should we have been indifferent on the issue of taking out the evil men in Iraq?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
No no no no... You are confusing the issues here.

The issue is not about which country to liberate. It is far more complicated than that. It intervines with the threat of Islamic fanatism, the threat of WMD, the threat of rogue state terrorism, the strategic energy sources and what kind of political system serve America's long term interest the best.
Then let's review those things: there are states that are far, far more supportive of terrorists than Iraq was or was likely to ever become. We're not there bombing them. There were better and worse places to live in the end, and countries that were bigger threats in their access to WMDs and the prevelence of radical Islamic sentiment within their border, and these countries would have made a better place at the least for a show of force to the Muslim world. Iraq apparently had no WMDs, though it likely did at one time and would have developed them again if given the chance. This does not mean however the only way to deny that chance was to invade the country. The subtext here that conservatives never bring up is the sanctions were working. They were also responsible for more death than the war in the end, but that's another story. And since we've been there we've taken no oil and made a few small and by no means permanent steps toward stability there.

After all this became apparent, the idea of freeing the Iraqis and starting a democracy in the middle east, which had been a side burner issue at most, all of a sudden became our reason for being there. So perhaps you're right, Bush, Cheney and team didn't pick Iraq, the situation picked them when they completely fucked up the pre war intelligence and the post war strategy. This was, admittedly, not their fault. To suggest that the intelligence failures that happened before the war were Bush's fault is idiocy. That doesn't change the fact that it was wrong though. And, in the end, the decision to invade and to continue the occupation post WMD threat was Bush's and his advisors' decision. They have determined the course of the war, rightly or wrongly it was their decision in the end. So, once more even if you look at the grey areas in the issue it is still the right and the left deciding who will be freed and who will not. Once more, they just disagree on the means.

The rogue nations in the Middle East needed to be 'persuaded' not to help Al Qaeda getting WMD. Iraq is the tool to achieve that strategic goal. In that regards, the picture of Saddam in his underwear, doing his own laundy in his prison, did exactly just that.
That is one possible effect. The images of Saddam and the war in general have also pissed off a shitload of Muslims who otherwise might not have cared all that much. The possibility of giving the radical Muslims a common enemy to congeal around is just as likely as scaring them into submission with images of fallen dictators. The former is more likely to happen in the shadows and behind closed doors as well, making it a harder effect to observe. Your observations and ideas are possible, but we won't know until a good ten years from now what any of the lasting effects of the war will be, or perhaps when the next 9/11 hits and this time the guys who do it are Iraqis.

The result : 1. Saudi Arabia put Al Qaeda as public enemy number one.
Yes, they did. The problem is AQ is a decentralized network with no homeland. Saudi Arabia's efforts may, and in opinion probably will have the same effect as when this or that country decides to partner with the US to get tough on drugs. The poppy fields and exports from one country are replaced with those from another, and quickly.

2. Libya gave up WMD voluntarily.
The Lebanese are emboldened to kick out the Syrians.
Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Saudi Arabia. The first and second are either in chaos or existing in barely held together order, the end for those two is not yet known. The second two are officially being nicer, the fifth has finally gotten off its ass and cracked down on AQ in its own borders. One wonders what they'll do if we ween ourselves off their oil though and their economy collapses. That's five of the some eight countries officially and somewhat arbitrarily included in Bush's web of terrorism/axis of evil. Iran is on its way toward a melt down, I don't think we're speaking to North Korea at all anymore, though some of our allies are. What's more, as I pointed out countries do not matter. Official support for terrorism is replacable in the end with private, of which there might be plenty if we keep killing Muslims and fucking around in their part of the world.

4. Al Qaeda is the most hated organization worldwide and its butchers are being hunted down and killed off.
Yes, I believe we've killed the number two man in AQ seven or eight times already. Interesting statistic. What it points out though is AQ members are replacable. Also I wouldn't point out the lack of attacks since 9/11, as there were quite a few years between their last two successful attacks.

5. Arabs are beginning to realize that maybe, just maybe, that all their problems are not the result of Zionists and imperialists conspired oppression, but rather their own incompetent, corrupt government and oppressive religious backwardation.
There's little to no evidence to support this. The same "Jews drink blood" stories pop up in their newspapers, Pew research data is ambiguous on the matter. There was a recent essay in either National Interest or Foreign Affairs on this very issue which gave a good short summary of the data that is available on the attitudes of Arabs.

The most detailed and most indepth, and also most credible source of information on this topic is in ,

http://www.americassecretwar.com/ Highly recommended. it gives you a completely different perpective into the issues.
I'm aware of Stratfor and their analysis, though I've never read the book so I don't know what credibility to give their ideas. Except to perhaps point out that we have been overtly and covertly raising up and bringing down dictators for some time now and it doesn't seem to have done much of anything but piss people off. The demonstration of strength necessary for the Arab world to submit is too much for the American people to stomach in my opinion, and will likely never happen. As such the strategy, if Stratfor is right, is just a continuation of US half measures to maintain stability that will have no lasting effect except to generate more terrorists to attack our homeland.

It is a tried and failed tactic to go back into history and dig up all the past events that the current administration has nothing to do with, and use those to bash America today.
To bash them, yes I agree. To use them as a demonstration of failed policy is only common sense. Bashing the current administration for the failures of the past is wrong. Bashing Republicans in general for accusing Democrats of wanting to do something that the Republicans themselves have done on more than one occasion is perfectly fine. Republicans are snorting the cocaine of propping up evil dictators in front of Democrats and all the while warning them what a foolish thing it is to do.

Besides, thanks for muddying up my points. I was not originally talking about what the Republican or Democrate administrations have or have not done.
So who died and made you god now? Are you lefties specially vested with supreme power to decide WHO gets to live free and WHO gets to live under tryanny?

Again, a self proclaimed advocate of democracy championing the cause of tyranny, is nothing but a mockery of what he claims to represent.
I was talking specifically about the 'democracy advocates' today being totally hypocritical when it comes to upholding what they claim to uphold. Today's Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanon are free from tyranny and the people are struggling against the remnants of the past tyrants. So where are those self-righteous 'advocates of democracy'? You would think that they would be falling over each other to help the citizens of Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanon, to build their struggling democracy.
Perhaps it's because they are more aware, or more likely because of politics to pay attention to, the failures of nation building on any level in the past. Perhaps they believe the safety of this nation is more important than, and not entwined with, the idea of promoting democracy abroad. In other words there's more than one way to look at the situation, something you seem to be ignoring.

But NOOOOOO.... These 'advocates of democracy' are so filled with blind hatred, that they are willing to betray their conscience and align themselves with the deposed tyrants!!
Not everyone who objects to the war is that woman at beginning of Celsius 41.11. Maybe they side with the dictator because at least he was predictable and not much of a threat in the end. Was he brutal? Yes. Is that horrible? Yes. There are serious moral and ethical questions surrounding the idea of taking US soldiers funded by US tax dollars overseas to make other people safer and potentially harm the US though. I know you subscribe to the Stratfor view, but that's not how the question is being framed in everyone's head, and rightfully so.

Not only they have done little to help the struggling people of Iraq to be free, they condemn loudly all the effort and sacrifice made to bring those people their basic freedom.

And YOU are basically saying that is OK!! Furthermore, you dragged out a laundry list of 'how do we know they want to be free?' , 'What right do we have to help them to be free from oppression?' I say, WTF is wrong with you?! LOL Are you so indulged in your intellectual mumbo jumbo that you have totally forsaken reality?
That would seem to be your role in this debate actually. The way you frame the debate above is again, a false dilema which suggests there is no consionable objection any reasonable person can hold toward this war and its intended ends. That's unrealistic and poor argumentation to say the least, not to mention ignores the thousands of years of history and hundreds of years of international law developed by various scholastics before Woodrow Wilson as inconsequential. My laundry list of questions are all valid ones. Perhaps whether or not we have the right to invade a country and 'free' its citizens, and perhaps questioning the consequences of doing so before following that strategy are questions that don't matter to you. The vast majority of people, regardless of what they think the proper answers to those questions are, would consider them reasonable to ask.

How do I know that?!! What kind of idiotic question is that?
Very well, I'll frame it differently then: how do you know they desire the classical liberal form of freedom and democracy we practice here in the states for the most part, and will not instead elect themselves a theocracy that will proceed to destroy all progress towards a genuine, classically liberal freedom in that part of the world? For all your claims of knowledge on this subject you're only allowing one, ethnocentric and unrealistic idea of what could be the result of promoting 'freedom' in the area. People in free democracies have repeatedly voted themselves new dictators over the course of history. The only two successful democracies to arise out of this kind of war are Germany and Japan, and that was after a full defeat militarily and with a massive soft power reconstruction plan implemented over years and years afterward. They were also not fradmented societies just as willing to kill each other as the US. This simplistic view that inside every person there is a freedom loving American is ridiculous. People and cultures are different and given the same tools of government will often reach different ends of varying desirability/threat to one another.

You may prefer to remain stuck in some bygone era. Get with the time, my friend. Go talk to the Afghans. Go talk to the Iraqis. Go talk to the Lebanese. And you can explain to them what YOU think AND know that they don't have any use for freedom.
Then why didn't they get off their asses and fight for it themselves as we did in our past? And why didn't we follow the time honored tradition of helping a foreign revolution to a desirable end, as the French did with us in the past, rather than starting one on our own? Once more, rights may be universal but their enforcement must be local.

It is absurd and arrogant for you to presume that ONLY YOU want to be free from oppression and tyranny. It is also braindead to argue about this basic human need. It is insane!
You're good with the name calling but very, very poor in your arguments. I have spoken with foreigners on many levels. Two of my past jobs necessitated it in depth. It is arrogance to presume you do know the minds of others, and that is your argument, not mine. Mine is that we don't know their minds and therefore cannot say with any certainty whether a liberal democracy can and will take hold in the middle east, and what the results of that will be. If they so desire freedom they, like others, would be fighting for it. Maybe they have all the freedom they want. If given more by us it's perfectly possible that the people being raped and tortured will simply switch positions with those doing the raping and torturing. To see the world as you do and fall for the Wilsonian dreamland foreign policy is to ignore reality. Most of our problems today can in fact be traced back to WWI and our idiotic involvment in that war. So, to look for gudinance on foreign policy to the ideals of the very man who could very arguably be blamed for a good many of our current problems seems odd to say the least.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Let's for simplification sake, just use the analogy of feeding the children. I am of the camp that chooses the practical approach. Let's just cook the beef and serve it. It is hygienic and nutritious.

But you, OTOH, want to argue incessantly about the right color of the chef's uniform and hats we ought to have, and so forth and so forth. You want to argue about how we know that children need food to survive. You want to argue about what right we have to prevent the children from starving. You want to argue about cooking it your way.

Now normally I don't give a raging **** if you are the one starving as a result of you going on a trip of mental masturbation. LOL

But it seems that YOU would rather the children go hungry unless you have things your way. That I have nothing but contempt for. :)
While I don't normally give a raging **** what people think, you fucked up the analogy genius. I don't care what color the chef's hat is. I do care about the very real possiblity of whether or not the meat has gone bad and will kill the kids, food allergies, making sure they get a balanced diet and not the Atkins special, whether or not we have the manpower to maintain discipline in their lunch room to stop food fights, etc.

Nice try though. You even managed to drag the shiboleth of "The Children" into this. All the more of an indictment of your intellectual abilities.

The Paper Route

The Paper Route

Awards
200+ 9/11 'Smoking Guns'
Found in the Mainstream Media

PLANNED BEFORE, FUTURE IDEAS...
PREPARATION...
PRIOR KNOWLEDGE...
DECOYING, STAND DOWN...
WTC ATTACK...
Bombs, other explosions, flashes
  1. 9/11 - EMT Jeff Birnbaum near the South Tower says he heard an eerie high-pitched noise and a 'popping sound' then an explosion before the top of the tower leaned toward him and started coming down. (CEE News)
  2. 9/11 - Firefighter Louie Cacchioli in elevator going to 24th floor hears a bomb go off and thinks bombs were set in the building. (People)
  3. 9/11 - Firefighter Edward Cachia says the South Tower gave at a lower floor then where the plane hit because they thought there was internal explosions going off from hearing successions of 'boom, boom, boom, boom' before the tower came down. (NY Times)
  4. 9/11 - Fire Captain Karin Deshore says there was orange and red flashes followed by explosions that were getting bigger going both up and down and then all around the WTC 2. (SF Gate)
  5. 9/11 - Tom Elliott on 67th floor floor in WTC 2 felt explosion below him as plane hit, firemen going up told him of an explosion near 60th floor. (CS Monitor)
  6. 9/11 - Commissioner Stephen Gregory along with a Lieutenant Evangelista from Ladder 146 say they both saw multiple flashes coming from the lower level of the WTC 2 right before it collapsed and mentions the flashes they saw are like what you'd see when they 'blow up a building.' (NY Times)
  7. 9/11 - Nadine Keller from her balcony in Soho, NY says she 'heard the bomb' before she saw the buildings collapse. (BBC)
  8. 9/11 - EMT Joseph Lovero reports hearing 'additional explosions' to dispatcher. (WNBC)
  9. 9/11 - Edmund McNally phoned his wife from 97th floor of WTC 2 following the plane crash, says he heard explosions below him. (NY Times)
  10. 9/11 - Mike Pecoraro and co-worker here a loud explosion in WTC 1 basement and believes a bomb went off after seeing major damage to the basement floors. (Chief Engineer)
  11. 9/11 - Janitor William Rodriguez in WTC 1 basement hears explosion below him, then the plane crash above him seconds later, then saw severely burnt man come out of basement elevator. (CNN)
  12. 9/11 - Teresa Veliz on the 47th floor of the WTC 1 feels the building shake again more violently then the shaking from the 1st crash and hears explosions going off everywhere inside the building and also hears explosions when she was outside that she was convinced bombs were 'planted all over the place' and that someone was 'sitting at a control panel pushing detonator buttons.' (September 11: An Oral History)
  13. 9/11 - Kim White from 80th floor of WTC 1 hears an explosion near the 74th floor. (People|2)
  14. 9/11 - Witnesses reported hearing another explosion just before WTC 1 collapse, police said collapse looked almost like a 'planned implosion' designed to 'catch bystanders watching from the street.' (Guardian)
  15. 9/11 - Third explosion reported at WTC 2 and part of the tower collapses afterward. (TCM News, TCM News)
WTC 7
  1. 9/11 - 6:47am, WTC 7's fire alarm is placed on 8 hr 'test' mode which any alarms received are ignored. (NIST)
  2. 9/11 - WTC landlord Larry Silverstein says he gets a call from a fire chief about the WTC 7 and he recommends to him to 'pull it' and after they 'decided to pull,' they all watched the 7 collapse. (PBS video)
  3. 9/11 - Firefighter Scott Holowach says he and his crew were just 'hanging out' until tower WTC 7 came down and went right to work put the 7's fires out. (NY Times)
  4. 9/11 - Paramedic Steven Pilla says he and his crew didn't do any further because they were 'waiting' for WTC 7 to come down. (NY Times)
  5. 9/11 - Firefighter Lt William Ryan says he and his crew were told WTC 7 was going to collapse 'around 3 pm' and 'fell back' until it came down. (NY Times)
  6. 9/11 - Firefighter Frank Sweeney says he and his crew were sent back down near the WTC 7 and 'stood and waited' for it to come down. (NY Times)
  7. 9/11 - WTC 7 becomes first steel high-rise building in history to collapse solely from an alleged fire. (Chicago Tribune, Stanford Report)
  8. The collapse of the 47 story WTC 7 skyscraper hardly gets any media attention. (NY Times)
  9. FEMA report concludes specifics of WTC 7 fires and how they caused it to collapse remain unknown and call for further investigation. (FEMA)
PENTAGON ATTACK...
Describing a missile...
Describing aircraft very different than a Boeing 757...
Witnessed no plane at crash site...
Smelled explosives, heard multiple explosions...
PENNSYLVANIA CRASH...
IGNORED WARNINGS, ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN...
COVER-UP...
MOTIVES...
  • Military budget increase:
Afghanistan
  • Gas/oil pipeline:
Iraq
  • Oil:
CULPRITS...
PATSIES, OPERATIVES...
Framing
Fundamentalist Muslims 'gone wild'

http://www.thewebfairy.com/killtown/911smokingguns.html

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Ok, there is such a thing as information over load. You could have sited a few examples and linked to the larger database for those who wanted to follow the references. No one is going to get anything useful out of that posting.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
.....[snipped off to save space]...
I didn't want to waste time reading your long winded tirade. You are not a policy maker. It would be a complete waste of time for me to study your mumbo jumbo. lol

I am not interested in impractical matters. If you want me to read and debate your points, then you will have to be brief and precise. Else I just simply cannot be bothered with reading them.

I am sure you wouldn't like me, for the same reason that your cohorts in the leftwing self proclaimed elites do not like Bush and co. Because we do not share your enthusiasm for collectve orgy of mental masturbation over mumbo jumbo. You like to engage in that b/c it makes you feel smart, I suppose. LOL

You're good with the name calling but very, very poor in your arguments. I have spoken with foreigners on many levels. Two of my past jobs necessitated it in depth. It is arrogance to presume you do know the minds of others, and that is your argument, not mine. Mine is that we don't know their minds....
It is absurd and ignorant to assert that other people do not want to live a life free of tyranny and oppression. It is mindbogglingly arrogant to presume other people are incapable of such basic aspiration.

Whoever you have spoken to and told you they don't care to be free, were feeding you a bunch of crap. You were being used as a tool. You were being manipulated by the status quo, to support the tyrants. You took the crap they fed you and proclaim that as truth.

EVERY PERSON ASPIRES TO LIVE FREE FROM TYRANNY AND OPPRESSION. It is the air human breathe in. To argue otherwise is simply absurd. There is no freaking way that anyone would want to live under tyranny and oppression. If the left want to argue that, then it is a testimony to their doom.

Some people like to make things complicated. Not a problem. Have a blast. You guys do the mental masturbation while the rest of us do the lifting. You can join the European lefties in a collective orgy of mental masturbation over mumbo jumbo, while Bush/Cheney, with the help of a few good men and women, reshape the world geopolitical landscape, protect freedom, promote democracy, secure America's national interest.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
While I don't normally give a raging **** what people think, you fucked up the analogy genius. I don't care what color the chef's hat is. I do care about the very real possiblity of whether or not the meat has gone bad and will kill the kids, food allergies, making sure they get a balanced diet and not the Atkins special, whether or not we have the manpower to maintain discipline in their lunch room to stop food fights, etc.

Nice try though. You even managed to drag the shiboleth of "The Children" into this. All the more of an indictment of your intellectual abilities.
Whatever dude. Insulting my intellectual abilites does not bother me. lol

No offense, but, as I said before, you are not in policy making decision. So I have no interest in influencing you or shaping your view. I already know that the positions you claim to embrace, are wrong, impractical and when implemented will result in disadvantages to America's national interest, and the denying of freedom to millions of people.

I am happy that the country is in good hand. And we are not embracing your positions.

For me to wade through your endless tirade, is pointless. It is like reinventing the wheel. Those positions have been evaluated and rejected. Most have already been proven to have failed in practice.

I would rather be considered a whimp and chickened out a debate then to chew through those tons of fat so as to rebutt you point by point. :)
Call me whatever name you want. lol It is ok too if you want to consider that you are the winner in the argument. LOL Anything, as long I do not have to wade through your tirade of what you think the world ought to be. :D

If you want me to read and debate your points, then you will have to be brief and precise. Else I just simply cannot be bothered with reading them. :D

P.S. For those who are interested, there is a book I mentioned in earlier post. Highly recommended.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
200+ 9/11 'Smoking Guns'
Found in the Mainstream Media
Nice and dandy, except for one crucial little detail....

You can't cover up such a big conspiracy that involves lots of people. Someone would talk.

There is no way you can execute a conspiracy that mass murders over 2000 innocent people and keep it quite. Not in this country. Someone would blow the whistle.

It just cannot be done. lol Even if the President orders it, there is no personnel to carry that order out. It is not the way things work in this system. Our agents/troops are trained not to obey illegal orders. So, even if the power that be, goes over the deep end, still, there is no operatives available to carry out the illegal orders.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BTW, CDB, I am sure you are a decent fellow and a nice person. So I am not attacking you as a person. :) My contempt is for the ideology you posted. :)

From the very first beginning, you mentioned that you came down on the side of non-interventionism. That was all I needed to know. Such preconceived notion of what we shouldn't do, is a self imposed straight-jacket that embolden those who wish us harm, bind the hands of our warriors, leave our children at the mercy of the terrorists. Whatever rationale, logic you have, to defend or substantiate your position, is of no interest nor relevance. As I mentioned before, no interest in impractical matters.

We are at war, against a vicious enemy who do not abide by any rule of human decency nor code of honor. America is blessed by an administration that does not waste time on impractical, mind numbling obssessive unending debate of moral self-righteousness. This county has always managed to find practical men and women to lead it through its dark hours.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
BTW, CDB, I am sure you are a decent fellow and a nice person. So I am not attacking you as a person. :) My contempt is for the ideology you posted. :)
Your contempt is fairly obvious, and it's toward rationality, reason, facts and people who use them to elucidate points of view you disagree with. Your means of argument, veiled insults, and general lack of anything productive to say offer nothing in the end, except perhaps a justification for extreme eugenics.:)

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Your contempt is fairly obvious, and it's toward rationality, reason, facts and people who use them to elucidate points of view you disagree with. Your means of argument, veiled insults, and general lack of anything productive to say offer nothing in the end, except perhaps a justification for extreme eugenics.:)
oh snap....:nutkick:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
It is absurd and ignorant to assert that other people do not want to live a life free of tyranny and oppression. It is mindbogglingly arrogant to presume other people are incapable of such basic aspiration.

Whoever you have spoken to and told you they don't care to be free, were feeding you a bunch of crap. You were being used as a tool. You were being manipulated by the status quo, to support the tyrants. You took the crap they fed you and proclaim that as truth.
Since you snipped the majority of my main post and offerred no substantive response I'll assume you couldn't, which isn't surprising. One final point before I leave this debate: Not everyone's idea of the idea life is the same. Not everyone would flourish or even like to live under a westernized liberal democratic model. Do most people want to live a life free from harm to themselves and their loved ones? Yes. Do most people want to prosoper? Yes. Because you can come up with a generalized view of what most people would define as a 'pleasant' existance does not mean they all want the same form of government and the same guaranteed 'freedoms', as if freedom was something that could be granted by the government and not something that must be fought for, tooth and nail by every individual. While it might be hard for you to imagine a world where people are different and desire different things and have different priorities, I assure that's the reality of this world, and it leads to, among other things, people preferring different forms of government and society in general. The answer to the wishes of every person who has lived under a tyrant is not to have a democracy shoved up their ass.

As for your comments on the general length of my posts, I'll leave the bumper sticker to debates to people like you who are more suited for that level of engagement. The real world is more nuanced, and if you want to talk about it you may have to broaden your vocabulary and experience.:)

And at least I have the balls to post and make clear my insults, not veil them with smiles and astonishingly poor misdirection.:)

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't care to wade through your endless tirade but you feel free to assume anything you want, if it makes you feel superior and smart and what not. :) I can understand that you feel insulted b/c I just swept everything you hold so dearly aside and cast them on to the pile of failed and rejected ideology. So I don't blame you for being indignant. :) You need to understand that, there are millions guys like you, each with his pet ideas and theories of how the world and universe really ought to be. Needless to say, no one cares. LOL

Guys like me, we take the world as is. We don't try to fit the world into our little beloved pet theory.

I have lived almost 20 years outside of the USA. I speak several foreign languages and haved lived among ordinary people as well as interacting with the powerful ruling classes. I have first hand experience of how the ordinary simple folks feel, I am also well aware of the power elite feel. I know their biases, their prejudice, their jealousy of all America has to offer, and their aspiration to have what Americans have. I am also keenly aware of their pride in their own culture and civilization. They will proudly proclaim the superiority of their culture, social and political system, relative to the ugly, uncultivated and insensitive brutes the Americans are. :) I don't blame them, as their perception of the ugly, egoistic and unpolished arrogant Americans, is rooted in the garbage Hollywood produced.

At the end of the day, they moan the defficiency of their system, and they admire, albeit secretly, the freedom, the rule of law, the prosperity the Americans enjoy. They long for the day, their own society can catch up to the Americans. The Green Card is the number 1 prize, they all aspire to have. That is the irony.

The foreigners are proud people. They will never admit openly to you, an outsider, what they truly feel about America. You have to live among them. Speak their language. Be one of them. Then you can know what their hearts aspire.

You can pretend that you and your friends from the Ivory towers know better than the locals what they aspire, via your contact with the power elite who have vested interest in painting a negative light of America. :)

You can pretend that you know more than I do about the foreigners. :)

Go live as a foreigner, among foreigners, for a decade or two. It is an eye opener. :) May be then, you can start to contemplate life with no delusion.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know, you are really breaking my heart there. lol But since I don't think much of your intellect and basically consider it no better than mumbo jumbo, kind of like that mad howl, 'Howl-ward Dean' is famously known for, I suppose you are entitled to that one. :D

P.S. Actually I am a disciple of the Austrian School of Economics. I just don't care for the liberalism and libertarian rubbish. Mises would be turning over in his grave. ;)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
P.S. Actually I am a disciple of the Austrain School of Economics. I just don't care for the liberalism and libertarian rubbish. Mises would be turning over in his grave. ;)
I seriiously doubt that, perhaps you should actually read some of his books. I'd recommend starting with Critique of Interventionism and Omnipotent Government: The Rise of the Total State and Total War as a start. The first you may already get, though I doubt it. The second will show how you either don't understand the implications of the first or quite simply hold contradictory views on what is essentially the same subject. There's a reason why Austrian critics of the state often refer to it as the "welfare/warfare state."

Military interventionism of the type Bush has undertaken is completely at odds with anything Mises did or would endorse. Nice try though, fraud.

There have been in Germany, as in all other nations, eulogists of aggression, war, and conquest. But there have been other Germans too. The greatest are not to be found in the ranks of those glorifying tyranny and German world hegemony. Are Heinrich von Kleist, Richard Wagner, and Detlev von Liliencron more representative of the national character than Kant, Goethe, Schiller, Mozart, and Beethoven?

The idea of a nation’s character is obviously arbitrary. It is derived from a judgment which omits all unpleasant facts contradicting the preconceived dogma.

This book has tried to clarify the rise of Nazism; to show how, out of the conditions of modern industrialism and of present-day socio-economic doctrines and policies, there developed a situation in which the immense majority of the German people saw no means to avoid disaster and to improve their lot but those indicated by the program of the Nazi party. On the one hand they saw in an age rapidly moving toward economic autarky a dark future for a nation which can neither feed nor clothe its citizens out of its domestic natural resources. On the other hand they believed that they were powerful enough to avoid this calamity by conquering a sufficient amount of Lebensraum.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh Pleeeeazeee..... Your liberal and libertarian friends hijacked Mises's position on non-intervention on the free market, to advance your failed isolationist Libertarian agenda. First of all, that is an obvious ruse as Mises knew nothing about the current geopolitical dynamics we are facing, and he was never an expert in military warfare nor international politics. We all know isolationism is another word for 'sticking your head under the sand' foreign policy. It is a dirty word. No politician can hope to be elected if he champions such a shortsighted policy. So, you camouflage it and put a label on it, and call it non-interventionism. Furthermore, you borrow another fig leaf, Mises! lol Just b/c you wrap up a pile of dog poop and give it a new label, does not change the fact that it is still a pile of dog poop.

Isolationism, aka Ostrich Foreign Policy, or non-interventionsim, as you prefer to call it, is simply NON-PRACTICAL. It is proven to be a failed policy that has bred disastrous consequences. I suppose I should emulate you and go on a nauseating tirade about why isolationism has created some of the greatest disasters. But I wouldn't. Do you basic homework and you would know why isolationism/non-interventionsim produces the same ill-effect as appeasement to tyrants and terror does.

You have already admitted that what Bush is doing, make practical sense, in your first long winded post. That was an honest admission. But you fail to see that is also an admission that your objection to his policy as ideological differences, is tentamount to admission that your ideology is simply IMPRACTICAL. That is the logical conclusion.

To me, the argument you presented is just one tiny step away from aromatization into sour grape. :D Bush/Cheney is in power and your side is not. So, eventhough you admit that what his team has been doing is practical, you hang on to your impractical ideology and be indignant. :)

Mises made no position on bringing the war to the lairs of the terrorists and wiping them out at their snakepits. That is military strategy. Mises made no pretense to be an expert in military strategy. Your liberal and libertarian friends, hijacked his ideals and work, and use that to promote your politics. They went to his widow and practically conned her to allow her husband's name to be used in such perverted way.

You are mixing up free market economy policy with military strategies for defeating terrorism. That is absurd.
You need to realize your limitation, my learned friend. You got to be practical. Take stock of the reality you live in, and do not try to fit a square peg into a round hole.

P.S. Did I mention that I have a degree in Economics? :study: Yeah! :hammer: "look at me! look at me!" :D:bow28:

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Btw, even if Mises did pontificate on warfare, I would ignore it. What did he know about defeating rogue states and international terrorism? Nothing. It would have little relevance in the war on terrorism. We are dealing with terrorism rooted in religious fanatism, not regular warfare over resources, between nations. Conflict over resources is the type of warfare mentioned in "Onmipotent Government: The Rise of the Total State and Total War, by Ludwig von Mises". So, you are basically trying to fit a square peg into a round hole there.

You can't go and knee and bow down at the altars of dead philosophy gurus, hoping that their wisdom would guide you through the tracherous uncharted water we live in. If you want to win a guerilla war, look at how guerilla wars were fought and won in the past. If you want to defeat terror, check out how we have dealt with terror in the past conflicts. Yes, surprise surprise, we have dealt with terror and insurgency and defeated those before. Right tools for the right jobs. Don't try to use economy policies to fight religious fanatism/terrorism. The war on terror isn't about conflict between nations over resources.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
the war on terror is to keep a different way of life down because it does not promote peace with individuality. I am sure if everyone was of their understanding there wouldnt be a problem.. much like if germany took over the globe.. my generation wouldn't know the difference and all would be fine and dandy in my eyes... but for some reason.. the majority of the world thinks our current would society is better than what they have to offer....

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Libertarian friends hijacked Mises's position on non-intervention on the free market, to advance your failed isolationist Libertarian agenda. First of all, that is an obvious ruse as Mises knew nothing about the current geopolitical dynamics we are facing, and he was never an expert in military warfare nor international politics. We all know isolationism is another word for 'sticking your head under the sand' foreign policy. It is a dirty word. No politician can hope to be elected if he champions such a shortsighted policy. So, you camouflage it and put a label on it, and call it non-interventionism. Furthermore, you borrow another fig leaf, Mises! lol Just b/c you wrap up a pile of dog poop and give it a new label, does not change the fact that it is still a pile of dog poop.
Point still stands: you have no idea what Mises stood for regarding this issue.

Isolationism, aka Ostrich Foreign Policy, or non-interventionsim, as you prefer to call it, is simply NON-PRACTICAL. It is proven to be a failed policy that has bred disastrous consequences. I suppose I should emulate you and go on a nauseating tirade about why isolationism has created some of the greatest disasters. But I wouldn't. Do you basic homework and you would know why isolationism/non-interventionsim produces the same ill-effect as appeasement to tyrants and terror does.
I have done my homework which is why long posts are possible. I seriously doubt you have even the basic knowledge at your fingertips to give a cogent rational behind an interventionist foreign policy, which is possible. bumper sticker debates once again.

You have already admitted that what Bush is doing, make practical sense, in your first long winded post. That was an honest admission. But you fail to see that is also an admission that your objection to his policy as ideological differences, is tentamount to admission that your ideology is simply IMPRACTICAL. That is the logical conclusion.
What I said was what Bush is doing may be the right response. It also may **** us over completely, and the history of interventionism in that area tends to predict it will be a failure. A brief review of the astounding success of interventionism in the middle east from a 2001 article by Adam Young:

1949--Syria
Defeat in the war against Israel discredits the ruling French-allied civilian regime. American agents and interests take the opportunity to provide support to Colonel Husni az-Zaim in a coup against the civilian regime. American agents call az-Zaim "our boy" and "Husni," but when they arrive to inform the new dictator whom to appoint as his ambassadors and cabinet, az-Zaim orders them to "stand at attention" and to address him as "His Excellency." Syria turns against the U.S. and descends into a series of coups and counter-coups and police-state government by quasi-military regimes.

1952--Egypt
American influence and assistance backs the conspiracy of Gammal Abdel Nasser's Free Officers to oust the Egyptian royal family, the British post-colonial client regime in Egypt. The U.S. expects Nasser to support Washington's anti-Soviet alliance in the Middle East, dubbed the Baghdad Pact, but he turns against the U.S. U.S. agents support Colonel Mohammad Naguib's attempt to overthrow Nasser, as well as later assassination attempts.

In 1956, U.S. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles rescinds pledges of foreign aid for the Aswan Dam project. In response, Nasser uses this as a pretext to nationalize the Suez Canal, and uses its toll revenue to fund the dam. Britain, France, and Israel in response launch a joint invasion of Egypt with plans to occupy the Suez Canal. Arab support for the U.S. reaches its highest point when President Eisenhower, out of a distaste for European colonialism and European intervention in the Middle East, pressures the invading forces to abandon their invasion of Egypt.

1953--Iran
After the government announces plans to grant the Soviet Union a territorial oil franchise in Northern Iran, modeled on the British one in the south for the British-owned Anglo-Iranian Oil Company, a local leader named Mohammed Mosaddeq leads the successful popular movement to oppose the grant to the Soviets and pushes further to nationalize all foreign oil facilities. Mosaddeq's popularity and influence increase to the degree that the shah appoints him prime minister.

Faced with economic and political turmoil, the shah attempts to remove Mosaddeq but is met with mobs and mass public demonstrations, causing the shah to flee the country. The CIA then backs Mosaddeq's opponents, who then overthrow his administration and sentence him to house arrest for the rest of his life. The shah is restored and becomes America's best friend and now controls the nationalized British oil facilities as well. Eventually, opposition to the shah's autocracy and U.S. political domination, as well as the Savak--the U.S.-trained Iranian secret police--grows into a nationalist revolution to oust the shah and the West, and in 1979, Iran too turns against the U.S.

1958--Iraq
In opposition to the British-client Iraqi regime, and in opposition also to Nasser's growing influence in Iraq, the bloodthirsty Colonel Kassem spearheads the American-supported military coup to overthrow the Iraqi royal family. The king and crown prince and most of the royal family are executed, and the prime minister is murdered by a mob. Years later, after Kassem has alienated all his allies except the Soviet Union and is overthrown and executed in 1963, United States support swings to a small group called the Ba'th Socialist Party. After many twists and turns, coups and elections, coups and revolutions, Saddam Hussein emerges as president of Iraq in 1976 after leading the coup that, with American insistence, installed that regime in 1968.

1958--Lebanon
After the Iraqi monarchy is overthrown, the president of Lebanon requests U.S. military intervention to save his tottering regime from insurrections of United Arab Republican sympathizers. U.S. Marines arrive the next day in Beirut. Lebanon enters into a thirty-five-year period of instability and civil war.

1969--Libya
In 1959, oil is discovered, which transforms the country. To elbow out the British, American support flows to a young reformist colonel in the Libyan army, Muammar al-Khadafy, who, once in power, turns against his U.S. sponsors, under the pretext of Western exploitation of Arab oil. He confiscates and nationalizes oil facilities and assets, including those of the local Jewish and Italian communities.

1980--Iraq
With the Islamic revolution in Iran, the U.S. tilts toward Iraq and Saddam Hussein as its proxy against the Iranians. Iraq and Hussein become America's front line in its attempt to crush the Islamic revolution in Iran. Armed and financed by Uncle Sam, Saddam invades Iran in 1980. The war would last for eight years and kill nearly a million people. Iraq is given advice and intelligence from the CIA and the Pentagon, and U.S. and British administrations provide Iraq with chemical and biological weapons-making knowledge and materiel to use against the Iranians. We all know how this turned out, but this time was different. The U.S. turned on Saddam.

1983--Lebanon
With the country invaded by Israel and under threat of Syrian domination, American Marine "Peacekeepers" are shipped to Beirut. Opposition to their presence leads to the suicide bombing of the barracks. Some 309 Americans are killed, including the CIA's Mideast staff. In 1985, Lebanese CIA agents detonate a truck bomb in Beirut in an attempt to assassinate Sheikh Fadlallah, leader of the Hezbollah faction suspected of blowing up the American barracks two years earlier. Eighty-three civilians are killed and 240 wounded; Sheikh Fadlallah walks out of the mosque fifteen minutes later.

1986--Libya
In retaliation for the terrorist bombing of a Berlin nightclub that killed a U.S. soldier, President Reagan bombs Libya, causing 130 deaths, including civilians near the French embassy. Khadafy's own residence is targeted, killing his adopted infant daughter, in an attempt to assassinate him. Libya is deliberately chosen as the target because it lacks defenses against air bombing. A few months later, the U.S. admits to arms-trading with Iran, a state that the U.S. openly calls an instigator of "international terrorism," and one that is an ally of Libya. Arab cynicism about U.S. intentions and trustworthiness could only increase. The bombing of Pan Am 103 is considered revenge for these attacks on Libya.

1991--Iraq & Kuwait
After the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, April Gillespie, informs Saddam that the U.S. would have no opinion on Iraq's occupation of its "nineteenth province," the U.S. seizes the opportunity to justify its post-cold war internationalism by dubbing Saddam the "new Hitler." After mass slaughter and defeat, crippling sanctions and daily bombardment follow to persuade the Iraqi people that perhaps they would be better off without Saddam. Other observers, however, believe that the sanctions exist to prop up the price of oil.

1995--Afghanistan
The U.S. covertly aids the Taliban militia in its drive to end the post-Soviet-Afghani civil war. The U.S. sides with fundamentalist forces in Afghanistan--but not in Egypt, Algeria, or Saudi Arabia, where they are tortured and suppressed--in a foreign theater of the U.S. drug war. The U.S. government and the fundamentalist opposition to drugs would conjoin in an alliance to drive out Central Asian opium production.

1996--Iraq
President Clinton instructs the CIA to support and aid the Iraqi opposition forces in an operation to finally do away with Saddam Hussein. Iraqi exiles and refugees are trained and armed in the northern no-fly zone to descend on Baghdad. Sympathetic army generals within the regime are cultivated to assassinate Hussein, and efforts to destabilize Iraq begin--such as random car bombings as well as bombings of civilian public places.This plot collapses, however, as Saddam's spies have infiltrated the Kurds. Many Kurds back Saddam and turn on the U.S.-Kurdish faction. CIA agents in Kurdistan run for their lives, abandoning allies and tons of equipment and documents, and the network within Iraq is exposed and eliminated. This catastrophic failure leads to the firing of CIA chief John Deutch. Commentator Eric Margolis dubs this "Clinton's Bay of Camels," after JFK's Bay of Pigs fiasco.

1998--The Sudan & Afghanistan:
President Clinton, in the midst of impeachment, rocket attacks camps in Afghanistan and a pharmaceutical plant in the Sudan, ostensibly to punish suspected terrorist Osama bin Laden for his involvement in the bombing of two American embassies in Africa.

After 1945, the U.S. schemed to eject the bankrupt British and French colonial empires in the Middle East--to elbow out Soviet influence, but, more likely, to secure political control over its oil. America's Oil Raj, as some commentators call the interdependent network of political, monetary, and military relationships--mirroring Britain's collection of territories and petty kingdoms on the Indian subcontinent--consists of the old imposed artificial colonial client states created by Britain and France. Outside of this "Oil Raj" exists a trade-sanction regime that the U.S. maintains on Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Algeria, the Sudan, Afghanistan, and, until recently, India and Pakistan--all some of the poorest places in the world.
To me, the argument you presented is just one tiny step away from aromatization into sour grape. Bush/Cheney is in power and your side is not.
I seriously doubt the exercise of soft power that the Democrats, who are not my side by any stretch, would use would work better than Bush's. We'd be as worse off, perhaps a little better, perhaps a little worse.

You are mixing up free market economy policy with military strategies for defeating terrorism. That is absurd. You need to realize your limitation, my learned friend. You got to be practical. Take stock of the reality you live in, and do not try to fit a square peg into a round hole.
The common claim of someone trying to sell an objectionable or unworkable idea is for others to be practical. Once more, read the books before you comment. The second book explains the parallels between economic and foreign military interventionism and their shared pitfalls and logical errors.

It is from the fact of the international division of labor that liberalism derives the decisive, irrefutable argument against war.
How about that, a foreign policy statement derrived from an economic argument.

Mises would likely see many worrying parallels between WWII and today's situation. Only now it is the US that's sending its troops all over the world and fostering nationalist feelings and rhetoric and not Germany, and all once again centered around a lack of needed economic resources, and all once again very arguably the result of previous failed foreign policies, which is why I chose the quote I did from OG: TrotTSaTW. If that doesn't help, read Liberalism:

The goal of the domestic policy of liberalism is the same as that of its foreign policy: peace. It aims at peaceful cooperation just as much between nations as within each nation. The starting point of liberal thought is the recognition of the value and importance of human cooperation, and the whole policy and program of liberalism is designed to serve the purpose of maintaining the existing state of mutual cooperation among the members of the human race and of extending it still further.
The chauvinistic nationalists, who maintain that irreconcilable conflicts of interests exist among the various nations and who seek the adoption of a policy aimed at securing, by force if need be, the supremacy of their own nation over all others, are generally most emphatic in insisting on the necessity and utility of internal national unity. The greater the stress they place on the necessity of war against foreign, nations, the more urgently do they call for peace and concord among the members of their own nation.
I don't care what degree you have or don't have since it's unprovable in this environment, not to mention that even if true the prevelance of educated fools in the world wouldn't be news to anyone. That's one of the great things about the internet: all perceived authority is stripped away and you're just left with what someone has written, which has to stand on its own merrits. Your arguments stand about as well as an inebriated narcoleptic ostrich. And on this point at least you're obviously and ridiculously wrong.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
We are dealing with terrorism rooted in religious fanatism,
Which is why I guess we attacked what was, at the time, the most secular nation in the Middle East and are trying to establish a democracy the likely result of which will be a borderline Islamic theocracy with members and constituents all of whom have had relatives and friends killed in the US overthrow of Saddam.

Solid approach, makes a great deal of sense.

With the conservative equivalent of Jeff Spicoli running things in the whitehouse with significant input from his side kick Darth Heart Murmur, if that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in this mission's probability of success, you'll just have to deal.

Last edited:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
CDB and Biohazzard are having a discussion that's over my head, I've never read Mises, Rothbard or even Rand.

If our military intervention in Iraq is create a stable semi-democracy there, my question is wether military intervention by any country has ever achieved this unless the democracy existed beforehand, like us booting Germany out of France?

There's a lot of examples where intervention did'nt work well for the people in the Middle East, Central and South America, has it ever worked? Why will it be different this time?

The Paper Route

The Paper Route

Awards

You can't cover up such a big conspiracy that involves lots of people. Someone would talk.

There is no way you can execute a conspiracy that mass murders over 2000 innocent people and keep it quite. Not in this country. Someone would blow the whistle.

It just cannot be done. lol Even if the President orders it, there is no personnel to carry that order out. It is not the way things work in this system. Our agents/troops are trained not to obey illegal orders. So, even if the power that be, goes over the deep end, still, there is no operatives available to carry out the illegal orders.
http://www.hereinreality.com/johnoneill.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/911.html

http://www.tvnewslies.org/

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established

Wow... i want to live in this farytale world you speak of...
where is it?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
It appears to me, from just reading a few of them and skimming the headlines, that a lot of those articles that the Smoking Gun have stuck together are either legitimate military exercises, coincidence, irrelevant to the issue or reports by people who are unqualified to properly assess an occurance.

I would agree with Bio that a conspiracy involving a large number of people would be unlikely to hold up this long and I would also say that it's plausible that the AQ crew could have been duped into believing they were working for AQ when actually they were working for a small rogue team of US or other black ops guys.

An operation like that would never involve many people in the know, that's operational suicide.

It's possible they were indocrinated and trained as AQ members in a camp run by the above, the real AQ knew nothing about these individuals. Intelligence services do false flag recruitment all the time, as does the DEA, FBI, etc. Once you get them to believe your real, you just have to keep them isolated from the real AQ C & C and then you could get those sociopaths to do anything you train and equip them for.

That would'nt explain why Bennie is taking credit for it, and I won't go so far as to say that maybe he's a tool of someone else as well, but ??? These type guys are cunning. Tactically, it's very doable for a small team of real pros and it's the fast track method to gain power. A ruthless and cunning man like Cheney would do this, he's a modern day Medici.

SOWarrior

Board Supporter
Awards
CDB and Biohazzard are having a discussion that's over my head, I've never read Mises, Rothbard or even Rand.
I've read plenty of Objectivism and Rand, but I went through and searched the thread for any references to her, and failed to come up with any. Where did the Rand part come from? Was a post edited?

Just wondering, thanks.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I've read plenty of Objectivism and Rand, but I went through and searched the thread for any references to her, and failed to come up with any. Where did the Rand part come from? Was a post edited?

Just wondering, thanks.
Probably just out of the general trend of mentioning conservative/libertarian authors. She's the most popular, though I think her writing skills suck. Characters in her fiction have a tendency to just launch themselves into political speeches at the oddest times. Mises was good but dry, Rothbard is the best writer mentioned so far here. Great speaker too. In writing and in lectures he had a very engaging style and a way of explaning things that was at once detailed, articulate and strikingly clear. He also, like Mises, had a rigirously deductive mind. Out of the two, Mises and Rothbard, I'd pick Rothbard as the most important of the twentieth century, because he was the best communicator of Austrian-Libertarian thought in my view.

SOWarrior

Board Supporter
Awards
Probably just out of the general trend of mentioning conservative/libertarian authors. She's the most popular, though I think her writing skills suck. Characters in her fiction have a tendency to just launch themselves into political speeches at the oddest times. Mises was good but dry, Rothbard is the best writer mentioned so far here. Great speaker too. In writing and in lectures he had a very engaging style and a way of explaning things that was at once detailed, articulate and strikingly clear. He also, like Mises, had a rigirously deductive mind. Out of the two, Mises and Rothbard, I'd pick Rothbard as the most important of the twentieth century, because he was the best communicator of Austrian-Libertarian thought in my view.
After I'm finished studying for my engineering exams, I'll have to give Rothbard a shot. Any suggestions on what work of his I should read first?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
After I'm finished studying for my engineering exams, I'll have to give Rothbard a shot. Any suggestions on what work of his I should read first?
Depends on where you want to dive in. the Irrepresible Rothbard is a colledction of essays on various subjects and is a good book. Man, Economy and State and Power and Market is his major work, but like other major economic works it's a bit hard to just plow through. He has some shorter books that are good, The Case Against the Fed is the best of the shorter ones in my opinion. The Ethics of Liberty is one I'd say is a must. The easiest and best way is to start with essays though, so I'd say you could buy The Irrepressible Rothbard or you can just search places like Mises.org and Lewrockwell.com, links in my sig, for essays he has online for free.

SOWarrior

Board Supporter
Awards
Depends on where you want to dive in. the Irrepresible Rothbard is a colledction of essays on various subjects and is a good book. Man, Economy and State and Power and Market is his major work, but like other major economic works it's a bit hard to just plow through. He has some shorter books that are good, The Case Against the Fed is the best of the shorter ones in my opinion. The Ethics of Liberty is one I'd say is a must. The easiest and best way is to start with essays though, so I'd say you could buy The Irrepressible Rothbard or you can just search places like Mises.org and Lewrockwell.com, links in my sig, for essays he has online for free.
Good deal, thanks man.:thumbsup:

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Point still stands: you have no idea what Mises stood for regarding this issue.
...[snipped to save the planet from waste...] :D .....
Sorry for not responding earlier. Got work to do.

Well, I guess all you got to say is "Point still stands" :D :D :D

Everything I said about you and your cohorts still stand too. lol I got more experience and higher education than you got. But you got Mises! LOL That is all good. lol [Told you already. I wouldn't read long winded mumbo jumbo posts, if you post them.]

You have just given me an idea. We should send you to talk rubbish with Saddam Hussein. I would bet that in less than one weekend, Saddam would have pulled all his beard and hair out and begging to be executed, so as to put him out of the misery of your nauseating mumbo jumbo. LOL

After that, we can parachute you into The NorthWestern Frontier of Pakistan. You can carry out all night long winded discussion with Osama and all the little beloved Talibs. By day break, they will all be hurling themselves off the cliffs. LOL:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
You have just given me an idea. We should send you to talk rubbish with Saddam Hussein. I would bet that in less than one weekend, Saddam would have pulled all his beard and hair out and begging to be executed, so as to put him out of the misery of your nauseating mumbo jumbo. LOL

After that, we can parachute you into The NorthWestern Frontier of Pakistan. You can carry out all night long winded discussion with Osama and all the little beloved Talibs. By day break, they will all be hurling themselves off the cliffs. LOL:icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Your jokes are hilarious!!!!:rolleyes:

mindgames

Awards
I don't mean to be rude. When you are 15, those fringe groups are all fun to explore. However, there is a point in life, you need to get back to the real world. If you immerse yourself in the imaginary world created by the fringe groups of the society, you will end up living as an outcast of the society. No one will take you seriously.
I don't mean to be rude, but when you are 15, those fringe groups like Christian fundamentalists with a failed business background who become President and go to war on a lie and because 'God told him to,' and kill tens of thousands of innocents are all fun to explore.
If yo immerse yourself in the imaginary world of outright censorship (as in attempted supression of Abu Grahib photos) and blatant meddling in world affairs, you'll end up living in an outcast totalitarian state called America. No one will take you seriously.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
I don't mean to be rude, but when you are 15, those fringe groups like Christian fundamentalists with a failed business background who become President and go to war on a lie and because 'God told him to,' and kill tens of thousands of innocents are all fun to explore.
If yo immerse yourself in the imaginary world of outright censorship (as in attempted supression of Abu Grahib photos) and blatant meddling in world affairs, you'll end up living in an outcast totalitarian state called America. No one will take you seriously.
:clap2:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for not responding earlier. Got work to do.

Well, I guess all you got to say is "Point still stands" :D :D :D

Everything I said about you and your cohorts still stand too. lol I got more experience and higher education than you got. But you got Mises! LOL That is all good. lol [Told you already. I wouldn't read long winded mumbo jumbo posts, if you post them.]
Nice try at a redirect. That your education level is higher than mine is impossible to determine and irrelevant, I could claim 12 PHDs and it would not matter. Argument from Authority is the name of that fallacy. That I could prove you wrong about Mises point of view with three or four to the point and off the cuff quotes from two or three different books, while it says nothing about the Iraq situation, says something about our respective educations, on this particular issue at least.

But of course, the redirect. You were provably wrong about Mises, his point of view being the complete opposite of what you implied, implying further that the reason you won't bother with "long winded" posts is because they're full of points you are wrong about and can't answer, implying even further that you're full of it. Mises' likely point of view on this situation, while it doesn't prove anything about Iraq, certainly proves you are clueless on that topic. One has to wonder about your intellectual prowess when you publically claim you can't or won't read or write more than a paragraph at a time, and that full of logical fallacies and smilies. Certainly such a claim goes a long way to making you a kindred spirit of our current president. He don't like long winded people who ask questions neither.

I figured you couldn't answer. I also figured you'd revert to this kind of idiocy when, instead of being "long winded," I destroyed your point of view with one or two logical sentences.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:rolleyes:

Ok I give up. You win . Lol I think I am going to follow what I think Saddam, Osama, and all our beloved Talibs would do. Hurl myself off the cliff and commit suicide!! LOL

You remind me of something I read recently. "I have won many argument against intelligent people. But somehow I have lost every argument against an idiot." :D An idiot hiding behind a pile of mumbo jumbo is invincible. lol

I can waste more time and effort with you, or I can spend that on real work that further the agenda of my camp. What da ya think is more productive? ;)

P.S. You see, the reason I don't care to read nor rebutt your mumbo jumbo is, because it is a complete waste of time. As for my foreign experience and my education and career attainment, hmmm..... yeah... I am sooooooo desperately in need of your recognition. :D :D :rofl: See ya.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No one take us seriously? That is odd. It is 2006. Gee...do you know who the President of the United States is? Do you know which country is the world's most power nation?

I guess the joke is on you.:rofl:

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
:rolleyes:

Ok I give up. You win . Lol I think I am going to follow what I think Saddam, Osama, and all our beloved Talibs would do. Hurl myself off the cliff and commit suicide!! LOL

You remind me of something I read recently. "I have won many argument against intelligent people. But somehow I have lost every argument against an idiot." :D An idiot hiding behind a pile of mumbo jumbo is invincible. lol

I can waste more time and effort with you, or I can spend that on real work that further the agenda of my camp. What da ya think is more productive? ;)

P.S. You see, the reason I don't care to read nor rebutt your mumbo jumbo is, because it is a complete waste of time. As for my foreign experience and my education and career attainment, hmmm..... yeah... I am sooooooo desperately in need of your recognition. :D :D :rofl: See ya.
You are a way cool dude... it was good talking to you :FUfinger:

Man you really made CDB look like a fool:blink: :think: ..........dumbass