Going to be a Freaky Summer starting with Swole/HGHPro

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Stop selling yourself short, Doug....you look AWESOME. I hope to look that good in a few years when I'm 50!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
You look awesome bro! But i'm much like you in that i'm never satisfied. I always said to myself that the day i become satisfied is the day i quit lifting!!! You always have to have goals! Subbed for the summer onslaught!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You look awesome bro! But i'm much like you in that i'm never satisfied. I always said to myself that the day i become satisfied is the day i quit lifting!!! You always have to have goals! Subbed for the summer onslaught!!!
Thanks man, Yah I did not hit what I was aiming for, I am actually a little higher body fat than I was last time, and the plan was to be lower. I estimate myself at around 6-7% and need to drop that by about 2% which is only like 5 lbs.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're all our own worst critics.

You looked simply awesome big Doug!! :clap2:

Probably looked even better a few days later with some good food in you. Now those would have been some incredible pics to see!! :eek5:
thanks thunder, yah I had that next day vascular full look ... fug!! What I should have done was eat junk food before going on stage but I was too paranoid and didn't fill out as much as I could have. I think skip loading desensitized my ability to refill and that is when I am supposed to bring on the Pizza...

Awesome shots!

Oh, and in!
Thank you and welcome.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Just amazing, if I even remotely look like you at ANY stage of my life, nevermind 50!! I will be a very happy man indeed... I know that it doesn't come without serious dedication and personal sacrifice and that alone makes you a winner IMO, you're just too damn hard on yourself... Definitely subbed!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just amazing, if I even remotely look like you at ANY stage of my life, nevermind 50!! I will be a very happy man indeed... I know that it doesn't come without serious dedication and personal sacrifice and that alone makes you a winner IMO, you're just too damn hard on yourself... Definitely subbed!
First of all thank you, and yah I am hard on myself.. hek that's how I got here :lol: I do know that I can do a lot better though and I will...:damnit:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reps DW for making this guy hold his head higher by showing that our age group can still bring it!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doug you look great and were holding a lot of muscle. To have come down to that awesome physique from 242 at the beginning of the year is an awesome feet for anyone any age and you did it in your 50's. FUGGIN A BROTHER!!!! I hope I am still going strong like that then.

In an honest critique, you could have been a little bit leaner going by looking at the leg separation. Although that may just have been that you need to sink down about 2 inches deeper into your poses to make the leg separation really pop out. That or you may have been holding a little water smoothing you out a little. However your rear double biceps shot your back is phenomenal. I would pull your fists back a little further behind your head to get the peak of your rather large biceps to show more from the back. The judges are lower than you so for them to see the peak there needs to be more of an angle back via rotation in the shoulders. To master this try putting the camera down about waist high pointed up at an angle toward where your upper back/shoulders will be then stand 6-10 feet in front of it and practice the positioning until you can really see your peaks prominently in the pictures. Another thing they told me about posing was in the Most Muscular keep the arms down lower unless you are specifically trying to show an amazing set of abs. When the arms are high the forearms obscure the pecs and even biceps from visibility.

I think you are right on point with your plans for the next comp, come in a little leaner and you will kill them. Staying leaner year round will help any skin issues. Minor changes in some of the poses will make a huge difference for you too. I am not a contest prep guy... yet, but I am trying to learn as much as possible about it. I would be more than happy to monitor pics of you weekly or bi-weekly during your next prep and be an objective eye. I think some of the "over conditioned" chatter mid prep got into your head and made you fear you were going to diet all of your mass away. An objective eye could have helped you in that situation.

Overall I am VERY impressed by how you look but also know you want as honest of feedback as possible so I really hope I am coming off as a friend being helpful, and not a douche bag...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite shot is the back, double bi's. Great detail in the rear delts, traps and rhomboids/teres muscles. You're pretty awesome :fing02:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is my favorite too. He is such a bad ass! Those legs are thick too.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doug you look great and were holding a lot of muscle. To have come down to that awesome physique from 242 at the beginning of the year is an awesome feet for anyone any age and you did it in your 50's. FUGGIN A BROTHER!!!! I hope I am still going strong like that then.

In an honest critique, you could have been a little bit leaner going by looking at the leg separation. Although that may just have been that you need to sink down about 2 inches deeper into your poses to make the leg separation really pop out. That or you may have been holding a little water smoothing you out a little. However your rear double biceps shot your back is phenomenal. I would pull your fists back a little further behind your head to get the peak of your rather large biceps to show more from the back. The judges are lower than you so for them to see the peak there needs to be more of an angle back via rotation in the shoulders. To master this try putting the camera down about waist high pointed up at an angle toward where your upper back/shoulders will be then stand 6-10 feet in front of it and practice the positioning until you can really see your peaks prominently in the pictures. Another thing they told me about posing was in the Most Muscular keep the arms down lower unless you are specifically trying to show an amazing set of abs. When the arms are high the forearms obscure the pecs and even biceps from visibility.

I think you are right on point with your plans for the next comp, come in a little leaner and you will kill them. Staying leaner year round will help any skin issues. Minor changes in some of the poses will make a huge difference for you too. I am not a contest prep guy... yet, but I am trying to learn as much as possible about it. I would be more than happy to monitor pics of you weekly or bi-weekly during your next prep and be an objective eye. I think some of the "over conditioned" chatter mid prep got into your head and made you fear you were going to diet all of your mass away. An objective eye could have helped you in that situation.

Overall I am VERY impressed by how you look but also know you want as honest of feedback as possible so I really hope I am coming off as a friend being helpful, and not a douche bag...
Wow very good critique, you could never be anything but a friend Chris and I will definitely use your advice next time round. I did already pick up on the leg thing but didn't know about the biceps.

My favorite shot is the back, double bi's. Great detail in the rear delts, traps and rhomboids/teres muscles. You're pretty awesome :fing02:
Thank you very much!!

That is my favorite too. He is such a bad ass! Those legs are thick too.
No greater compliment could be paid....thanks

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some more shots...different Photographer..

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
is it just me or do you look more lean in those???

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Trust me Doug, you are THE MAN!!! I will definitely be hitting you up for advice in the future. You are my blueprint for success. As Kleen said, we will AGE gracefully, but never GROW OLD gracefully...there is a difference! I mean, in my neighborhood, I look better than guys half my age! It's all about knowing your body and taking care of it!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I see that too!

DW damn you are doing well for a geezer :) Very very impressed with the back and legs especially! Calves look pretty great! Hell arms are excellent too!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice quad thickness and separation in the last shot. Good job getting on stage Doug.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Hi

Looking great

I have a quesation for you if you don't mind,

I started out my journey just 17 months ago at age 42 and I've truly come a long way and I know I have a lot further to go but I have the commitment and dtermination to make this happen.

At what age did you get serious and decide you would get in competition shape? As I feel like it would be a great goal for me say 2 years down the line.

Really inspirational mate and once again brilliant job,

My pics are in the 1st post of my current log link in my signature, if you have time please take a look and tell me what you think,

Thanks

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Pictures look great. at 51 your in awesome shape! I hope i look that good when i hit my 50's.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your right, she was on a much better angle and if you ask me out performed the professional photographer, everybody looks better with her shots...

Trust me Doug, you are THE MAN!!! I will definitely be hitting you up for advice in the future. You are my blueprint for success. As Kleen said, we will AGE gracefully, but never GROW OLD gracefully...there is a difference! I mean, in my neighborhood, I look better than guys half my age! It's all about knowing your body and taking care of it!
Kind words.. thank you very much..

I see that too!

DW damn you are doing well for a geezer :) Very very impressed with the back and legs especially! Calves look pretty great! Hell arms are excellent too!
There are some good features yes, I will admit. A little leaner and tighter and I can get to the next level.

Nice quad thickness and separation in the last shot. Good job getting on stage Doug.
Thanks John, did my best and will learn from my mistakes. I really underestimated how much weight I had to drop and it cost me at the end.

Hi

Looking great

I have a quesation for you if you don't mind,

I started out my journey just 17 months ago at age 42 and I've truly come a long way and I know I have a lot further to go but I have the commitment and dtermination to make this happen.

At what age did you get serious and decide you would get in competition shape? As I feel like it would be a great goal for me say 2 years down the line.

Really inspirational mate and once again brilliant job,

My pics are in the 1st post of my current log link in my signature, if you have time please take a look and tell me what you think,

Thanks
I was right around your age I guess. I'll take a look at your pics and PM you...Thanks for the kind words.

Pictures look great. at 51 your in awesome shape! I hope i look that good when i hit my 50's.
Thank you...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to say.. I am a little overwhelmed with the positive response... I kind of thought for a bit that I had screwed up but you guys have help me put it in perspective and take a positive spin off this. Yah I am hard on myself, I was going for 4% and missed by about 5-6 lbs so that really put my game plan off.

I had to lose much more weight than I anticipated so my skin was more of a problem than I predicted. One simple change will make the world of difference. If I keep between 215-220 on a recomp style I will tighten, get a little bigger and not have to lose as much to get even leaner next year.

Improvements in posing and input from colleagues like Chris will improve my presentation as well, although not perfect I don't see this as much a problem as the other issues I mentioned.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DW you learned a lot from this and have ample time to take those lessons and put them into practice. That along with your sponsorship and support from AM will lead you to the best package you can bring to the stage. I can imagine that next year at 4% and ~200 pounds you will be absolutely shredded. I say this with all seriousness, you truly are an inspiration to all of us. There are no people 50+ that I have EVER met who are in as good of shape as you are. Your dedication proves age is just a number!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW you learned a lot from this and have ample time to take those lessons and put them into practice. That along with your sponsorship and support from AM will lead you to the best package you can bring to the stage. I can imagine that next year at 4% and ~200 pounds you will be absolutely shredded. I say this with all seriousness, you truly are an inspiration to all of us. There are no people 50+ that I have EVER met who are in as good of shape as you are. Your dedication proves age is just a number!
Thank you for that...it's all I aspire for is to be a good example...represent as some might say...:fing02:

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Agreed....Doug, you are my blueprint for what to do when I'm approaching 50. Thank you for a very enlightening experience...and I mean that. Glad to know you and call you a friend. All right, no more cuddling and kissing.... :gay:back to the iron!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed....Doug, you are my blueprint for what to do when I'm approaching 50. Thank you for a very enlightening experience...and I mean that. Glad to know you and call you a friend. All right, no more cuddling and kissing.... :gay:back to the iron!!!
Again thanks for the support, you guys help a lot more than you know...:fing02:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Loving the support in here! I can't wait for my next show... I know I can count on everyone just like Doug was able too.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Loving the support in here! I can't wait for my next show... I know I can count on everyone just like Doug was able too.
Abso-phucking-lutely.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, it goes a long way... nobody does this alone...

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn straight mate
Absolutely :usa:
Abso-phucking-lutely.
Yep, it goes a long way... nobody does this alone...
You've got my support big Chris!!

And so do all of you!!!:usa2:

I hope that all you guys reach all the goals you set for yourselves!!!!

"All things are possible to him that believeth"!! :hail:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Heck ya!

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well this is the last week before I got live, I have been easing back into it, I was doing 3 x10 the first week then 4 X 10 at about 80% the second week this week 5 X 8 at 90-95%. Then it's time to get my freak on. I know I will have to start moving a lot of weight this summer so I am trying to make sure I am ready to go full speed, it's kind of scary for these old bones but when I get in the gym and feel my hands upon the cold steel fear will be replaced by rage... Only way to survive what I have planned.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recipe for success right there brother!!!! :thumbsup:
Yes.. yes it is...

One more shot to show you guys I ran accross it in the photos my friend took and it's similar to some of the others but the photography is just so good I had to show it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't show up, have to get my wife to put it up in a place where I can access it.