Getting smacked by Purus Labs!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well start posting than lurker!! :poke:

I'm sure everyone will enjoy seeing that avi more often :love:

It reminds me of skittles: I want to taste the raindbow! (Sorry for off topic, I have been waiting for a while to bust that out on bluehealer!)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't want to make it look like I am running a promo, but to answer Josh's question:

Ajinomoto is a food science corporation. They have an insane amount of products ranging from table salt to, well BCAA. The reason Ajipure (Ajinomoto's product) is utilized is because of quality guarantee and it is instantized, so its not as hydrophobic as your average BCAA product.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of the company before.. How is the taste and price of their BCAAs?
They actually have a few flavors - lemonaide, wild white cherry, white passion peach, and fruit punch. They had a grape but it's being discontinued (you can still find it online). The peach is the newest flavor...i like it and it mixes clear

I've been able to find this online at retailers ranging between 44-48 without shipping.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can get a kilo of BCAA for $20. Now that's cheap.
Exactly what i was thinking! :bling: Bulk BCAAs and bulk leucine from NP looks to be a bargain for a custom mix you can do yourself, only problem would be the flavoring. Now sure how strong of a flavor if any the aminos had and what could be added to cover up the flavor. I guess crystal light could be used but I'm not a fan of sugar or fake sweetner so then I was think vitaberry! To me sounds like an awesome idea but I haven't really tried to calculate the cost per serving so I can compare to other products and I don't know how much vitaberry would be needed to cover the aminos taste but a novel idea I think none the less

I mostly used tha AX brand which was also 4:1:1 but I was getting it free. I switch to Recoverpro when I had to start paying for it, lol. I've tasted worse and forced it down, ASGT for example.

I didn't realize recoverpro was off the shelf, why?

Don't take this the wrong way, I not trying to make a sale or anything. I was just wondering if JJ had tried the 4 to 1 version and if so, did he think it was worth it. It's all I've used, never tried the 2 to 1 version.
I didn't take it the wrong way and I don't think anyone did but I am taking the fact you got aminos for free the wrong way! :rant2:

I have always used xtend and only once deviated and used a tub of recoup (nutra had a sale) and once done went back to xtend. I read info on the benefits of leucine and thought about adding but never did nor tried any product with a higher amount of it. I do plan to try a 4:1 for a couple of months and see if it's worth it but if I find a 4:1 ratio BCAA that the price is comparable to xtend and taste good then I will more than likely switch bit I would imagine more leucine per serving would mean more $ per serving so I would have to try it and see of it's worth it

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the invite brotha! catching up

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Exactly what i was thinking! :bling: Bulk BCAAs and bulk leucine from NP looks to be a bargain for a custom mix you can do yourself, only problem would be the flavoring. Now sure how strong of a flavor if any the aminos had and what could be added to cover up the flavor. I guess crystal light could be used but I'm not a fan of sugar or fake sweetner so then I was think vitaberry! To me sounds like an awesome idea but I haven't really tried to calculate the cost per serving so I can compare to other products and I don't know how much vitaberry would be needed to cover the aminos taste but a novel idea I think none the less

I didn't take it the wrong way and I don't think anyone did but I am taking the fact you got aminos for free the wrong way! :rant2:I have always used xtend and only once deviated and used a tub of recoup (nutra had a sale) and once done went back to xtend. I read info on the benefits of leucine and thought about adding but never did nor tried any product with a higher amount of it. I do plan to try a 4:1 for a couple of months and see if it's worth it but if I find a 4:1 ratio BCAA that the price is comparable to xtend and taste good then I will more than likely switch bit I would imagine more leucine per serving would mean more $ per serving so I would have to try it and see of it's worth it
lol. I was an AX rep for a short stint. I drank BCAA's all day long. It was great.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the link and WOW that looks like one helluva price. I wonder what's the amino amount per serving and if any Glutamine and citurlline malate is added into that

subbbd dawg
welcome brutha!!!

Oh and that reminds me I have been meaning to tell you, hassets is having another in-house tournament coming up. I don't knew if you knew about this one or not and what's up with the other one you was telling me about? Still waiting for the details on that

[/B]

It reminds me of skittles: I want to taste the raindbow! (Sorry for off topic, I have been waiting for a while to bust that out on bluehealer!)
Haha good one taman.. Yea I love his avi but blue is a greedy SOB and won't share a larger version of the pic with everyone else :poke:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't want to make it look like I am running a promo, but to answer Josh's question:

Ajinomoto is a food science corporation. They have an insane amount of products ranging from table salt to, well BCAA. The reason Ajipure (Ajinomoto's product) is utilized is because of quality guarantee and it is instantized, so its not as hydrophobic as your average BCAA product.
No worries bro.. Promo away!

Interesting though.. I like the fact of having an official gaureentee especially since as wel all know supplement companies can really put whatever they want in a bottle and on a label. I'm look more into this hydrophobic issue too as well.. It's looking like ibcaas is gonna be on my list of supplements to try alongside recoverpro

They actually have a few flavors - lemonaide, wild white cherry, white passion peach, and fruit punch. They had a grape but it's being discontinued (you can still find it online). The peach is the newest flavor...i like it and it mixes clear

I've been able to find this online at retailers ranging between 44-48 without shipping.
Good to know all my options.. Thanks for the info bud :bigok:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Haha good one taman.. Yea I love his avi but blue is a greedy SOB and won't share a larger version of the pic with everyone else :poke:
:nana:

Actually, I never bothered to learn how to post pics, lol.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Subbed big fella. Catching up on log as we speak. Bcaa's and Eaa's really helped me when I was cutting, and they still do. I think they should be in everyone's arsenal.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Subbed big fella. Catching up on log as we speak. Bcaa's and Eaa's really helped me when I was cutting, and they still do. I think they should be in everyone's arsenal.
agreed!!!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drink them while im out cutting the grass and doing yard work, to be honest;)

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I've diverted the focus of this thread, my appologies to JJ and Purus Labs.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late to the party, but in.

You should enjoy this. I enjoyed SlinShot.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol. I was an AX rep for a short stint. I drank BCAA's all day long. It was great.
I drink them while im out cutting the grass and doing yard work, to be honest;)
I have always wondered if taking in a constent steady flow of aminos all day long would keep your body anabolic.

At work I have a gallon jug I keep in the fridge and everyday I fill it with water and drink that thoughout my shift. What if I were to dump a bunch of aminos in there and drank that thoughout my shift. Think there would be any benifit to it?

I did try this once with some EAAs I had but I didnt do it long enough and the EAAs were freaking nasty tasting so I gave it up. I didnt want to use my xtend since it would have been $$$$

:think: Interested to hear thoughts on this idea

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have always wondered if taking in a constent steady flow of aminos all day long would keep your body anabolic.

At work I have a gallon jug I keep in the fridge and everyday I fill it with water and drink that thoughout my shift. What if I were to dump a bunch of aminos in there and drank that thoughout my shift. Think there would be any benifit to it?

I did try this once with some EAAs I had but I didnt do it long enough and the EAAs were freaking nasty tasting so I gave it up. I didnt want to use my xtend since it would have been $$$$

Alot of guys utilize aminos throughout the day, particularly when in a calorie deficit.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys see the new nike ad?

Kinda surprised Nike put out an add like this but its awesome none the less. More girls in our society need to take this attitude rather than the americans next top model look IMO

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like I've diverted the focus of this thread, my appologies to JJ and Purus Labs.
No worries bro.. I like to keep my logs interesting. When I update it is usually just about whatever I am logging but the rest of the log I keep open for discussion. I have a fascination for learning so I ask questions or say ideas and bounce feedback and ideas off you guys.. its all good bro hell I had one log where about 3 pages were all about the current state our food industry is in...lol.. this is nothing

Late to the party, but in.

You should enjoy this. I enjoyed SlinShot.
Welcome sir :wavey:

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I've used bcaa's and eaa's as well between meals/ in place of them and had good success when doing it. Also tried your fasted idea with just them and really liked it.

My buddy got some samples of fat Smack and said the energy was clean from it, said he really enjoyed the samples. We were on nights at the time, so he picked up a bottle and ran it. I'll check back with him and see what his final verdict is on it.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I think Layne Norton or someone like that covered that idea, and said that Muscle Protein Synthesis happens with spikes, so a constant flow of aminos wouldn't help that. BCAA are best used ~5-10g, ~1hr before meals I think was his conclusion. For preventing catabolism, I'm not sure.

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You guys see the new nike ad?

Kinda surprised Nike put out an add like this but its awesome none the less. More girls in our society need to take this attitude rather than the americans next top model look IMO
haha, yea seen this, its actually a fake. nice though

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alot of guys utilize aminos throughout the day, particularly when in a calorie deficit.
I have been shooting 5 grams Bcaa in-between a few meals
I think Layne Norton or someone like that covered that idea, and said that Muscle Protein Synthesis happens with spikes, so a constant flow of aminos wouldn't help that. BCAA are best used ~5-10g, ~1hr before meals I think was his conclusion. For preventing catabolism, I'm not sure.
Thanks for the input. So it looks like drinking a amino shake a couple times a day may not be a bad idea but constantly sipping on aminos all day long will be worthless

I will be looking into what Layne Norton said.. gonna try and google to find that article.... thanks guys!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is what I've been doing before breakfast and after Post workout meal and 2 other random meals. Only time I sip on BCAA-EAAs is during workouts. I take in aprox. 40 grams a day. Might be a over kill tho lol

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used bcaa's and eaa's as well between meals/ in place of them and had good success when doing it. Also tried your fasted idea with just them and really liked it.

My buddy got some samples of fat Smack and said the energy was clean from it, said he really enjoyed the samples. We were on nights at the time, so he picked up a bottle and ran it. I'll check back with him and see what his final verdict is on it.
You tried fasting bud? Which idea are you speaking of? I have played around with so many already. I keep adjusting what I do and really havent stayed committed to one approach to see how it goes. My latest is posted in this log in the previous page I believe. It is a mix of BCAAs and EAAs with some taurine and fish oil.

As for the Fat Smack, the energy is exactly how he describes it. I am enjoying it thus far and going to start experimenting with raising the amount of caps and see if it make much difference and how the energy feels from that

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/11

Workout

RE Upper Body

Defranco Simple Six
Rotational Sandbag Shouldering x15
Sandbag Grapplers AR x60sec
Sandbag High Pulls x15
BB Clean & Press - 50x5/60x5/80x3/85x10/95x8/95x10
Mix Grip Pull Ups - 2x10

A1. Karelin Throws with Band - 2x20
A2. Sledgehammer Connans - 2x20

Nutrition
Calories -2233
Fat - 82
Carb - 93
Protein - 250

Narrative
Worked today. Woke up late and didnt have time to do the complete workout, I ended up skipping grip and core. Also I didnt have any food left over just a chicken breast so I threw a bunch of eggs on the stove to boil and had hard boiled eggs and chicken breast all day! Every meal looked like this

With the exception of post workout which was the same but with some quiona too. It gets old super fast but gets the job done and super cheap, quick and easy.

3/12

Workout

NONE

Narrative
Had my cheat meal today!!! Went out and got some take out from a resturant for dinner. Ribs, sweet potatoe and baked potatoe.. got it from texas roadhouse if anyone is familiar with the resturant chain. Also on the way home I stopped at a licquor store and picked up a bottle of wine for my wife, she had been wanting some and couldnt drink any for the past 9 months due to the pregnancy, while at the licquor store I got me a some hard cider. Being that I am now trying to avoid grains, and most beer is made from grains I thought I was sh!t out of luck but then a buddy of mine told me about this hard cider. Apparently it is made from apples, the one I got was from granny smith apples and wasn't half bad at all :cheers:

3/13

Workout

ME Lower Body

Defranco Agile 8
High Hurdles
Wood Choppers - band x20
BW Squat Jumps x20
Deadlift 105x5/130x5/155x3/175x3/195x3/215x3/225x3/230x3
Kettlebell Swings - 2x15
Keg Triple Extensions AR - 2x15
Tire Step Ups - 2x15
Sledgehammer Swings on Tire - 2x10

Went for a run around my neighborhood​

Notes
Started adding mesomorph to my preworkout. My goal was to take solely the Fat Smack by itself for the first week to guage the stim of it. I took half a scoop of mesomorph before my workout today

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established

I actually felt really good the whole time I was doing that. The little things, like dead lifting the mower out of the ditch because the wife got it stuck again, didn't leave me sore for a couple of days like before. I think it plays a good roll, it's just not finacially feasible.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
If you like pairs, try the pair woodchuck. Log is lookin' solid bud!! I've added wood choppers back into my mix as well, in addition to also doing them in reverse with a low pulley. Definitely some innovative movements in your workouts, I like it!!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thats all i do now, I bring a gallon jug into work and mix in BC+Eaa's into it and drink it through out the day (approx 30-35grms) to include the gym time.. like HTS said, when in a calorie deficit, it really helps in preventing muscle breakdown/loss.. its a preventive role..

I swear by LG's Kiwi/Strawberry... the grape did take a turn, but the Kiwi is re-flavored and i swear by it..profile, taste, and cost cant be beat IMO

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually felt really good the whole time I was doing that. The little things, like dead lifting the mower out of the ditch because the wife got it stuck again, didn't leave me sore for a couple of days like before. I think it plays a good roll, it's just not finacially feasible.
I tired it but only for a brief period. I didnt think it helped much so I cut it short but I may have stopped too soon before giving it a honest chance. I just recently found some bulk BCAAs for cheap and when they come in I will try this again, hopefully the taste wont be bad :think: but since its bulk it probably will be
not the butt the ad :think:
All I know is I would definitely "just do it" :naughty: :hump:

If you like pairs, try the pair woodchuck. Log is lookin' solid bud!! I've added wood choppers back into my mix as well, in addition to also doing them in reverse with a low pulley. Definitely some innovative movements in your workouts, I like it!!
pair woodchuck?

Thats all i do now, I bring a gallon jug into work and mix in BC+Eaa's into it and drink it through out the day (approx 30-35grms) to include the gym time.. like HTS said, when in a calorie deficit, it really helps in preventing muscle breakdown/loss.. its a preventive role..

I swear by LG's Kiwi/Strawberry... the grape did take a turn, but the Kiwi is re-flavored and i swear by it..profile, taste, and cost cant be beat IMO
I mainly use my bc+eaa when Im fasting (7 scoop shakes 3x a day) or I take 2-3 scoops right before bed with some Na-ALA/yellowgold mix.

Do you think it really makes a difference when your sipping it constantly during the day?

and you are correct that kiwi/strawberry is freaking delicious!!! Way better than my old EAA mix (primal EAA by primaforce)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to share with you guys what I picked up yestarday

[/IMG]

Got me some chains. One of them is thick and the rest are thinner but longer. They are both connected to these tow hooks, I will prolly cut the chains off the hooks and weight/measure them seperately to see how much they weigh.

I am looking into what you use to get the rust off of them. I dont really mind the rust but I was thinking of wrapping a bunch around my chest (like a ammo belt across shoulders) and using that as a weight vest and dont want to get rust all over all my hoodies. There is a product that is always advertised on daytime TV (ACR or something like that) I might give that a shot. Anyone got any ideas for rust removal?

As for the left over hooks after I cut the chains off.. since they are pretty heavy on their own I am gonna come up with some way to use them. May ever use the hook and tie it to the end of a barbell, should be some interesting resistence with that thing swaying around during a squat :D

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't help you with the chains but I lol'd at the hard cider. They can be a bit sweet but are good every once in awhile. I actually have a bottle that's been in te fridge for some time. I'm a big craft beer guy which isn't good to my stomach.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Yup, the make a pair version of woodchuck, no joke. If I get time, I'll take a snapshot of one. Neat idea with the chains, a buddy of mine uses them like stretchy bands, and lets them dangle from a barbell. Pretty much the same principle, to increase the workload at the end of the movement.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
PALEO MEALS FTW

butter
1 pound 90% Ground Bison
5 Eggs
1 Avocado

add eggs last

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PALEO MEALS FTW

butter
1 pound 90% Ground Bison
5 Eggs
1 Avocado

add eggs last
Got any more recipes with avocado?

I want to start eating them more (which is none right now) but dont know how to cook them. All I think of is guacamole

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Got any more recipes with avocado?

I want to start eating them more (which is none right now) but dont know how to cook them. All I think of is guacamole
hahaha i got no recipes bro, i just throw food into a pan and mix it all up. i like cutting the avocado up and mixing it with my eggs in the morning.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't help you with the chains but I lol'd at the hard cider. They can be a bit sweet but are good every once in awhile. I actually have a bottle that's been in te fridge for some time. I'm a big craft beer guy which isn't good to my stomach.
The cider wasnt bad at all. I am not a big beer drinker anyway, when I do occasionally drink it is usually mixed drinks but I havent had a drink in forever! Isnt really too helpful with my goals, but I do plan on going out and sort of celebrating once I do hit my goals. Kind of like a reward for me :cheers:

Yup, the make a pair version of woodchuck, no joke. If I get time, I'll take a snapshot of one. Neat idea with the chains, a buddy of mine uses them like stretchy bands, and lets them dangle from a barbell. Pretty much the same principle, to increase the workload at the end of the movement.
I might do a dynamic squat day with them. I was wondering if I should make an actual box to squat on or if I could just use the end of my bench. Figured I would go on the eliteFTS site and see how high their boxes are and maybe throw something together :dunno:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like the makings of a great breakfast burrito! I used to use these for my EAA consumption. They tasted very good too.

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/optimum-nutrition/vassive-ea8-450-g.html
Wrap them in big lettuce leaves and top with some salsa or franks red hot :food:

Mmmm.. I just woke up and am thinking now of making the same thing

hahaha i got no recipes bro, i just throw food into a pan and mix it all up. i like cutting the avocado up and mixing it with my eggs in the morning.
I have NEVER eaten avocado before but want to start. I was thinking of chopping one up and throwing it into a food processor with a couple spoonfuls of salsa and then blending together. Use it as a topping for eggs, burgers or chicken? Not too sure though?

Anton do you do eat cheese?

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
3/11

*snip*

Notes
Started adding mesomorph to my preworkout. My goal was to take solely the Fat Smack by itself for the first week to guage the stim of it. I took half a scoop of mesomorph before my workout today
So, I'm assuming the caffeine in the Fat Smack isn't all that bad? I'm pretty sensitive to stims myself...for instance....OXYEPRO @ 1 cap gives me the jitters pretty bad, more than 1 and I feel like I'm going to vomit.

You can try CLR for the chains, but they look like they have heavy surface rust...so I'm not 100% sure it will work. Then paint them. If you want to spend the extra money, look into powder coating, it's really tough.

Good luck.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Wrap them in big lettuce leaves and top with some salsa or franks red hot :food:

Mmmm.. I just woke up and am thinking now of making the same thing

I have NEVER eaten avocado before but want to start. I was thinking of chopping one up and throwing it into a food processor with a couple spoonfuls of salsa and then blending together. Use it as a topping for eggs, burgers or chicken? Not too sure though?

Anton do you do eat cheese?
easiest way to get the avocado out: cut it right through the middle and split the 2 halves so you can dig the seed out. then use a spoon to dig out the avocado from the halves. mixes very good with eggs IMO

i do eat cheese, i consider it my cheat food so i dont eat it all the time. muenster is my favorite cheese. see my problem is that once i get my hands on some cheese i wont stop eating it, especially if im 420'd

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
easiest way to get the avocado out: cut it right through the middle and split the 2 halves so you can dig the seed out. then use a spoon to dig out the avocado from the halves. mixes very good with eggs IMO

i do eat cheese, i consider it my cheat food so i dont eat it all the time. muenster is my favorite cheese. see my problem is that once i get my hands on some cheese i wont stop eating it, especially if im 420'd
Heres my breakfast

As for the cheese here is something I made once that was absolutely delicious!!!

Basically you slice the pepper in half and gut the seeds.

Fill with cream cheese

Put halves back together

Wrap with bacon

And place in oven on a cookie sheet

My bacon strips were pretty long so they ended up wrapping around the pepper twice and as a result I don't think the bacon cooked fully in some parts. I should have used only a half slice of bacon when wrapping but then that would have meant less bacon and that was unacceptable to me!