Forskolin-95 GI distress

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So if I'm not getting GI distress from the forskolin 95 I should up my dose?. I'm already taking 150mg per day. Confused.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Your dose is fine. The forskolin isn't bunk, it's from Sabinsa. His statement was hyperbole. Many people will never get GI issues from forskolin for a variety of reasons (other supplements that slow GI motility, a genetically hypokinetic GI tract, etc)

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I read that was the optimal way to take it... but if it's going to cause me upset, then clearly I'm going to get upset the worst this way.
Let me know if you find something that works. I have tried dosing it every which way and it does not seem to reduce GI distress....thanks.

Spindletop

Spindletop

Awards
I don't get any GI issues with Forskolin 95, but sometimes when I take it (usually on weekends for some reason) it makes my resting heart rate increase by about 15 bpm and my pulse gets stronger, sometimes to the point where I can actually see my chest or upper abdomen move. It's actually rather unpleasant, and that's with only one cap a day.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I don't get any GI issues with Forskolin 95, but sometimes when I take it (usually on weekends for some reason) it makes my resting heart rate increase by about 15 bpm and my pulse gets stronger, sometimes to the point where I can actually see my chest or upper abdomen move. It's actually rather unpleasant, and that's with only one cap a day.
Yeah, forskolin is a positive inotrope, which is actually a good thing (improves cardiac function) while also acting as a vasodilator. The net effect would be an increase in systolic BP but a drop in diastolic BP, and an overall improved cardiovascular profile.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yeah, forskolin is a positive inotrope, which is actually a good thing (improves cardiac function) while also acting as a vasodilator. The net effect would be an increase in systolic BP but a drop in diastolic BP, and an overall improved cardiovascular profile.
The more you teach me about Forskolin the more I am glad I loaded up on the AS sale :)

lronFist

Banned
Awards

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
neuron, you of all people know that not everyone will get GI issues at the same dose. Diarrhea may be a litmus test, but I wouldn't call it "reliable" unless we are controlling for dose, GI motility, etc.

Even the human trials on forskolin for fat loss note that some users experienced GI upset while others didn't.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
My GI tract also doesn't necessarily work normally. I have had irritable bowel syndrome for 20 years.
There are many factors at play. For instance, most users stop getting GI issues after consistent forskolin use. This is indicative of adaptations taking place in the GI epithelium as well

Spindletop

Spindletop

Awards
"Positive inotrope" isn't a term I was familiar with, but after looking it up, I noticed that calcium is also listed as a positive inotrope. I normally take a calcium supplement with dinner, and on Saturday, I took my F95 dose later in the day than usual--right before dinner. I noticed the elevated/stronger pulse around 8pm. Is it possible that what I noticed was due to the combination of the forskolin and calcium? If so, I might just avoid taking them within a few hours of one another.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
There are many factors at play. For instance, most users stop getting GI issues after consistent forskolin use. This is indicative of adaptations taking place in the GI epithelium as well
I found that the GI distress was pretty mild at 50mg, but I just felt crappy mentally. I stopped and started a number of times - dosing 25mg for a week, upping to 50mg etc...with food / without food. I am just left feeling mentally down. I remove and after a few days - starting feeling myself. Is this considered part of GI issues?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We've had very few but we have had a small amount of testers compain of GI-Upset when using Alphamax, generally as coop said it seems the effect goes away after 4-7 days. However we had a user who continued to notice GI-upset even after that and taking his dose with a small meal seemed to curb the problem.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
"Positive inotrope" isn't a term I was familiar with, but after looking it up, I noticed that calcium is also listed as a positive inotrope. I normally take a calcium supplement with dinner, and on Saturday, I took my F95 dose later in the day than usual--right before dinner. I noticed the elevated/stronger pulse around 8pm. Is it possible that what I noticed was due to the combination of the forskolin and calcium? If so, I might just avoid taking them within a few hours of one another.
There is likely no interaction unless you have deranged calcium metabolism

I found that the GI distress was pretty mild at 50mg, but I just felt crappy mentally. I stopped and started a number of times - dosing 25mg for a week, upping to 50mg etc...with food / without food. I am just left feeling mentally down. I remove and after a few days - starting feeling myself. Is this considered part of GI issues?
No, that's honestly the first I've heard of this

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Well, to update, since dropping to 50mg a day, I no longer have the issue... well, maybe EVER so slightly, but it's something I can live with lol.

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
So I workout around 5pm what would the optimal dosage for me to take and when ? I also grabbed some dopapex at the AS sale what's suggested for this as well ?? Thanks

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I workout around 5pm what would the optimal dosage for me to take and when ? I also grabbed some dopapex at the AS sale what's suggested for this as well ?? Thanks
Depends on the dose you want to take. If it were me I would go 2 caps pre, 1 cap post, 1 cap pre-bed.

For Dopadex, since you workout at 5pm, I would go 1 cap upon waking and 1 pre-workout and 1 pre-bed.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Funny, Synthetic Supplements' Forskolin-95 at 25-50mg a day caused me great GI distress and I just felt aweful. I tried with / without food - starting at 25mg a day and trying to bump up. Never got used to it. However, I recently started ABE - and am having no problems at all. Is there a different kind of Forskolin-95 and ABE and if so, where can I get more! I have does the ABE with and without food...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Funny, Synthetic Supplements' Forskolin-95 at 25-50mg a day caused me great GI distress and I just felt aweful. I tried with / without food - starting at 25mg a day and trying to bump up. Never got used to it. However, I recently started ABE - and am having no problems at all. Is there a different kind of Forskolin-95 and ABE and if so, where can I get more! I have does the ABE with and without food...
Same source in ABE. And your initial experience with forksolin seems unusual. Maybe there was some other confounder?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Same source in ABE. And your initial experience with forksolin seems unusual. Maybe there was some other confounder?
Tried it under many conditions over a number of months...up until about month ago. I already had Abe on hand before I knew I had a problem. Strange...I will have keep it up after the Abe Cycle ( 1 bottle) to see how it goes...

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
PM me when you get a chance. F95 is every where.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, to update, since dropping to 50mg a day, I no longer have the issue... well, maybe EVER so slightly, but it's something I can live with lol.
I had less issues with 50 than 75, but still trying to get 75 a day. Just staying near the bathroom :)

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Oddly, I've noticed on my rest days when my fat intake is higher, I have more of an issue with this. Not sure why.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oddly, I've noticed on my rest days when my fat intake is higher, I have more of an issue with this. Not sure why.
Hmm, interesting. I have a somewhat high fat intake pretty much all the time. Might try dropping it on some days and seeing if anything changes.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
It could be the higher fat, or it could be the much lower carbs on my rest days also.