Experience with forskolin??

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Curious about the experiences you folks have had with coleus forskohlii.

Good and bad.

Found a few bottles for cheap and picked them up. Nothing fancy, 20% extract.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Used to love it when it was in all the fat burners.
hadn't seen it around much lately.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It’s funny how we quickly forget about supplements that have actual human data to support efficacy. But with that being said, the human data is limited with Forskolin. We really need data on non obese individuals. Preliminary data is encouraging, though.

I’ll probably give it a long go when SNS releases their product

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
Never noticed anything from it
Likewise. I've ran it for 8-12 weeks and didnt notice any significant benefits compared to when I've cut without using it.

May be worth noting that Examine recommends limiting use to less than 8 weeks at a time due to limited long-term studies on it

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Used to love it when it was in all the fat burners.
hadn't seen it around much lately.
+1 to this... I can remember liking it back in the day, but it seems to have gone out of fashion. Core Nutritionals SEAR is one of the few things I've seen it in.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One of my favorite ingredients. It is very effective in the right scenarios as long as you don't have the wrong expectations.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think it gives a lot of people diarrhea iirc.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s funny how we quickly forget about supplements that have actual human data to support efficacy. But with that being said, the human data is limited with Forskolin. We really need data on non obese individuals. Preliminary data is encouraging, though.

I’ll probably give it a long go when SNS releases their product
I agree that it's funny how quickly some forget about some supplements that have actual human data (and years worth of feedback) to support them. I'm like most people in that I get excited about new ingredients, but I try to never forget the ones that actually work haha.

Forslean from Sabinsa was a very popular ingredient when it first came out and people loved it and it was in a lot of different fat burners. Over the years, many brands went to generic forms and extracts or even non-extract versions and I don't think its a coincidence that the amount of positive feedback on the ingredient went down (because the average raw material quality did).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
One of my favorite ingredients. It is very effective in the right scenarios as long as you don't have the wrong expectations.
I absolutely agree. I think that its a great ingredient, especially if using Sabinsa's Forslean.

And you're absolutely spot on about expectations. Some people set expectations with fat loss ingredients that no matter how well they work, they aren't going to live up to those expectations.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think it gives a lot of people diarrhea iirc.
It does bother some people's stomachs but that is a lot more common with the generic extracts than with Sabinsa's Forslean.

I remember when this ingredient first came out, it was in so many different things and you rarely if ever heard of it bothering people's stomachs. Fast forward a couple of years to the time where generic extracts or generic material that claimed to be extracts but weren't made their way to market and it was around that time period that there started to be feedback about it upsetting people's stomachs.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There seems to be a lot of confusion now days about Coleus forskohlii and Forskolin.

Here's kind of a cliff notes summary for anyone that's interested:
  • Coleus Forskohlii is an herb.
  • Forskolin is a bioactive constituent in the Coleus Forskohlii herb.
  • The mg. of Coleus Forskohlii herb does not translate directly to how much Forskolin that you get from it.
  • Coleus Forskohlii can be standardized to 10%, 20%, and all the way up to 95%.
  • There are a lot of generic extracts on the market that lie about their Forskolin content.
  • There are some brands that lie about using Sabinsa's Forslean extract; they'll list it on the label claiming to use that one but then use generic material trying to save money and increase profits.
  • If you look at many of the reports of upset stomach related to Coleus Forskohlii, it is from the non-branded extracts. And in the cases where it does happen with Sabinsa's Forslean, you'll generally notice that the higher the percentage extract, the lower the instances of stomach upset.
  • (My theory) This could be and likely is because its not the Forskolin itself that is causing the upset but something else in the Coleus Forskohlii herb that is causing that, which would line up with the commonly seen feedback that there is less stomach upset with the higher percentage extracts. Because for example:
    • 250 mg. Coleus Forskohlii std. to 10% Forskolin = 25 mg. Forskolin & 225 mg. other material
    • 125 mg. Coleus Forskohlii std. to 20% Forskolin = 25 mg. Forskolin & 100 mg. other material
    • 26.32 mg. Coleus Forskohlii std. to 95% Forskolin = 25 mg. Forskolin & 1.32 mg. other material
I hope this all makes sense.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There seems to be a lot of confusion now days about Coleus forskohlii and Forskolin.

• The mg. of Coleus Forskohlii herb does not translate directly to how much Forskolin that you get from it.
  • There are a lot of generic extracts on the market that lie about their Forskolin content.
  • There are some brands that lie about using Sabinsa's Forslean extract; they'll list it on the label claiming to use that one but then use generic material trying to save money and increase profits.
  • If you look at many of the reports of upset stomach related to Coleus Forskohlii, it is from the non-branded extracts. And in the cases where it does happen with Sabinsa's Forslean, you'll generally notice that the higher the percentage extract, the lower the instances of stomach upset.
  • (My theory) This could be and likely is because its not the Forskolin itself that is causing the upset but something else in the Coleus Forskohlii herb that is causing that, which would line up with the commonly seen feedback that there is less stomach upset with the higher percentage extracts. Because for example:
    • 250 mg. Coleus Forskohlii std. to 10% Forskolin = 25 mg. Forskolin & 225 mg. other material
    • 125 mg. Coleus Forskohlii std. to 20% Forskolin = 25 mg. Forskolin & 100 mg. other material
    • 26.32 mg. Coleus Forskohlii std. to 95% Forskolin = 25 mg. Forskolin & 1.32 mg. other material
Do you have some of the 95% pure material? I'd like to play with some sometime.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Iconic Formulations has it in ThermoAmp which is a very popular product on these forums. They use Forslean. I love ThermoAmp but it cleans me out like crazy!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you have some of the 95% pure material? I'd like to play with some sometime.
We're going to be launching a capsule product with it in there in the near future so I would have some already capped, but I don't have any of the raw materials bc we generally have them sent straight to the contract manufacturer. But I'm pretty sure I can get you some without a problem. Pm me and I'll be glad to see what I can do.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Iconic Formulations has it in ThermoAmp which is a very popular product on these forums. They use Forslean. I love ThermoAmp but it cleans me out like crazy!!
Agreed here. There's a nice write up on ThermoAmp over at Strong Supplement Shop as well

mastah

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Carbolin19 was the SH!T, prob me and my friends best supp ever

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Agreed here. There's a nice write up on ThermoAmp over at Strong Supplement Shop as well

I used forskolin a few times solo with nothing really noticable but then I used thermosmp and had pretty good results so I had to assume it was the other 2 ingredients. Unless I just had crappy forskolin products prior🤷

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I have seen a lot of people say the stomach upset is more common in lower grade extracts. But it’s also possible that the forskolin content itself contributes. The increase in cAMP can relax smooth muscle. There’s a lot of smooth muscle in the digestive system.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have seen a lot of people say the stomach upset is more common in lower grade extracts. But it’s also possible that the forskolin content itself contributes. The increase in cAMP can relax smooth muscle. There’s a lot of smooth muscle in the digestive system.
I was actually thinking about this yesterday started to look for research but then just didn’t care enough to dig.

Fwiw there were some pretty popular products that used it for awhile that didn’t have tons of negative feedback in this regard. I often find forum feedback and the loop it creates quite interesting and often wondered how much of that was the case with forskolin.

I really am looking forward to SNS dropping some it’s been too long since I ran 50-100mg.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is possible and may be the case with some people but for the majority of instances, its probably related to the way that the generic material is processed and the lower extracts.

The reason I say this is that when Sabinsa first introduced Forslean to the market, it was in almost every popular fat burner at the time and there were hardly ever any reports of stomach upset. Those issues didn't really start to appear until the generic extracts came to market.

I think a safe way to summarize it would be:

Forskolin in general is not going to hurt most people's stomachs anyway.

For those that it does, it is likely related to the type they're using or they are super sensitive to it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fwiw there were some pretty popular products that used it for awhile that didn’t have tons of negative feedback in this regard. I often find forum feedback and the loop it creates quite interesting and often wondered how much of that was the case with forskolin.

I really am looking forward to SNS dropping some it’s been too long since I ran 50-100mg.
That is my thought too - that back when Sabinsa first released Forslean, it was used in a ton of products and you rarely heard of people having stomach issues. It happened some, but it was rare.

I think and hope that you'll be very happy with ours when we release it. It will make it very easy to cost effectively dose it that way.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
SNS Forskolin XT is now available.

Forskolin XT is priced at a cost effective anytime price of 29.99 and for a limited time during the Labor Day sale, you can use coupon code laborday30 to save 30% off which will make Forskolin XT be only 20.99 per bottle!

Forskolin XT Intro Thread: