B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Foods Containing Omega 3 Oils

It is a true fact today that our society is so exposed to chemically altered, addictive and pesticide covered foods that our systems are highly defunct in the very essentials that attribute to our health. Just less than three quarters of people in the western world are known to be deficient in omega 3 fatty acids due to the main fact that foods containing omega 3 oils are less available and contain way less in content than what our bodies require.

Unfortunately these foods containing omega 3 oils are of extreme importance because we need them to aide in health disease and coronary disease, as well as many other health benefits. That leaves us with the option to add supplements to our diet to give our bodies the best optimal health that we can provide.

What are Some Foods Containing Omega 3 Oils?

There are few choices when speaking foods containing omega 3 oils however; there are a few sources by which you can add these essential fatty acids to the body. The most imperative foods containing omega 3 oils is of course, fish. Fish has the highest source due to the diet they consume of algae and other nutrient rich items that add to the diet of the fish.

Some other foods that contain omega 3 oils are found in such items as nuts especially walnuts or almonds; broccoli and cauliflower, spinach, brussel sprouts, cabbage, flaxseeds and various types of seafood have many sources of omega 3 fatty acids however, the best of them all is fish.

It is necessary to say again how high fish is in omega 3 fatty acids however, it is also important to realize that fish can be highly polluted and in fact, is recommended that you do not consume too much live fish due to the mercury and other heavy metal content including PCBs that are found to be in the flesh of the fish.

The rapid rise of pollution make the sources and foods containing omega 3 oils to become contaminated and as a result, the pollution can be absorbed by the flesh of the fish, as stated above however, this can cause many fish oil products to become toxic. Some of these products that are manufactured with these types of fish have been discovered to contain toxins and other contaminants like heavy metals in the end product.

When buying any fish oil it is essential that you obtain a product that has got a pharmaceutical grade on it as this ensures the best product available on the market, from any supplier. Equally important is that the process in which they purify the product to ensure all and any contaminants are removed is called molecular distillation. Any omega 3 fish oil that you buy should not be made from raw material that is harvested from polluted waters and if you research clean fish.

We have found a pure pharmaceutical grade, molecularly distilled fish oil product that is naturally high in DHA and EPA.

Coming from the Hoki Fish Located on the pristine southern coasts of New Zealand, where the waters are extremely low in pollution and toxins. Discover the best fish oil product on the market today and the one we ourselves personally use. We recommend you learn more: Omega 3 Fish Oil

Jean Helmet is one of the editors for a series of health sites, We offer a free health book for subscribers to our websites newsletter. We cover everything you need to know on nutrition, as well as omega 3 nutrition, and how to improve your general overall health. Check out our nutrition health book, for more information on our free featured book.

By: Jean Helmet

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks good post.

I use flaxseed, also known as linseed - ground down for 1 weeks supply. Tastes great. Need to balance with omega-6.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
How much per day is recommended for a 100 kilo BB'er?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Dunno if you're asking me...

1 tablespoon of weekly ground linseed/flax seed --- omega3
1 tablespoon of weekly (freshly) ground pumpkin/sessame/sunflower -- omega6

Grind in the blender. You can do more if you want. Idea is that its balanced - same composition as in the body.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Dunno if you're asking me...

1 tablespoon of weekly ground linseed/flax seed --- omega3
1 tablespoon of weekly (freshly) ground pumpkin/sessame/sunflower -- omega6

Grind in the blender. You can do more if you want. Idea is that its balanced - same composition as in the body.
Thanks Matthias, that sounds like a good blend!

My bad earlier, my question was pretty unclear...

How many milligrams per day of Omega 3's and Omega 6's are recommended for active people?

For instance, I generally take 3 grams a day of fish oils...some people take 6 grams...but I'm looking around and cant find a solid guideline.

XxAnabolicBxX

Awards
Smart Balance has a milk now thats fortified with natural plant sterols, Vitamin-E, and Omega-3. The milk with Vitamin-E provides up to 3x more Vitamin-E absorption than capsules. Ive recently made the switch to this milk and I am lik'ing it. 30% more protein and the 1% milk is just as rich and creamy as whole milk. It also tastes just like whole milk. Just thought I would throw that out there, it seems like a good product to me

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that only 10% of vegetable Omega-3 oil actually converts to epa so you need twice as much flaxseed oil as standard extract fishoil.

A healthy balance is 1:3 or 1:4 Omega3:Omega6. I aim more at keeping that balanced then looking out for totals. Most diets are Omega-6 dominant (standard american diet 1:10 O3:O6). I input all my food at www.nutritiondata.com and check my O3:O6 balance and take fishoil to compensate, usually comes to about 6 grams of fishoil.