Flawed's Destroying Himself

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Starting Weight: 222 lbs
Current Weight: 210 lbs (-12 lbs)

Starting measurement at widest point: 42"
Current measurement at widest point: 40 1/4" (-1 3/4")

Im pretty happy about this.... I wanted to be a bit lower on the scale... 208 to be exact but I expect I may very well be there by monday before I start my controlled Labs log.... and i havent had a good bowel movement the last 24 hours (LOL) but that might drop 2 lbs.... but for like week 2 and 3 my weight dropped but my waist didnt move at all and all of a sudden this last week I could really tell a significant difference in the mirror (my girl is probably sick of me asking her if she can tell hahaha)

So im excited as shxt my brothas!

Ill be taking pictures on monday for the start of my log so I will post them here too

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Yes!!! 12 pounds down man.. I think I found those 12 pounds you lost, but in a good way.. lol.

Great progress Grunt.. Keep it up.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Yes!!! 12 pounds down man.. I think I found those 12 pounds you lost, but in a good way.. lol.

Great progress Grunt.. Keep it up.
Thanks ozarka! In all actuality im down about 18 lbs... I starting getting back to working out hard about 1.5 weeks before I started this log. The reason I got so motivated again was because i stepped on the scale and saw 228... I was not happy... So ive been beatin it up the last 5.5 weeks. Im excited to get to 208 cause that means im down 20 lbs! WOOOOOOOOOOO

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Went over to grammys yesterday for dinner with the girlfriend... the two pieces of pie probably didnt do me any favors but gotta cheat sometimes! This morning im still 210 after a bowel movement and going for a run plus chugging some xtend, a protein shake (after running) and some water so im sure i already have a lb of liquid in me.... I EXPECT AND DEMAND myself to be to 208 by monday... i serious this this Controlled Labs stack is gonna help me destroy my goal of being under 200 on my scale... but im pretty sure my scale is a few lbs light but i dont care as long as it is consistent it shows progress!

Keep rootin for me boys! This forum keeps me motivated!

PS - my legs hurt like **** after running... i think my body hates me cause i only slept 4 hours... for some reason i woke up and couldnt fall back asleep so i went running!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday - 03/25/2009
4 Sets x 8 Reps

Front Squat(A)
125 - 4 sets of 8 reps
Fxck this feels like such pxssy weight but these are getting hard!

Ham Curls (B)
120 - 4 sets of 8 reps

Pull Ups(A)
3 sets of 8 reps
I used the assisted machine with 85 lbs on it
1 set of 8 reps
I used the assisted machine with 80 lbs on it

Dips(B)
Bodyweight + 25lbs - 4 sets of 8 reps
Im starting to love Dips... it seems really easy to add weight week by week.... i hope my tri's blow up cause they are lacking

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets.

Cardio:

HIIT on Eliptical
5min Jog warm up
5min of 30sec Jog / 30sec Sprint
5min Jog Decreasing cool down

Burned 303.3 calories

I may go easy on cardio until next week... kinda feeling like my body is starting to say "GIVE ME A BREAK TROY!"

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I just read recently that supersets are really good for signaling fatloss... anyone know anything about that?

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Probably has to do with the fact that you're keeping your HR high for an extended period of time and the rest stays proportionately low.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I'm late,.. nice log going on here. You are a fat burnin' machine,.. great progress so far. Keep it up!!! I'm anxious to see the measurements now!!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Friday- 04/03/2009
3 Sets x 12 Reps

Split Squat (A)
10lb DB in each hand - 1 set of 12 reps per leg
15lb DB in each hand - 1 set of 12 reps per leg
20lb DB in each hand - 1 set of 12 reps per leg

Incline DB Bench (B)
55 - 3 sets of 12 reps

Good Mornings(B)
115 - 3 sets of 12 reps

Seated Rows
100 - 3 sets of 12 reps (Nice and Slow)

Cardio:

No cardio today... wanted to give my body a break!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
CHAPTER 2:
My Time Smurfin it Up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday - 04/06/2009
5 Sets x 5 Reps

A2G Back Squat (A)
170 - 5 sets of 5 reps

BB Bench (B)
215 - 4 sets of 5 reps
225 - 1 set of 5 reps

Good Mornings (A)
130 - 5 sets of 5 reps

Chin Ups (B)
4 sets of 5 reps
I used the assisted machine here with 35 lbs on it
1 sets of 5 reps
I used the assisted machine here with 40 lbs on it (Nice Slow Reps)

Cardio:

Held off on cardio to judge my reaction to Blue Up/Blue Gene

I really felt strong on my squats today!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I'm late,.. nice log going on here. You are a fat burnin' machine,.. great progress so far. Keep it up!!! I'm anxious to see the measurements now!!
Thanks bro! Glad to see you joined!

(PS Glad to hear things are workin for ya!)

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
OK guys here it goes! I need to be completely honest about a couple things... First things first I managed to severely disappoint myself this weekend. On friday night one of my best friends was in a bad place due to him and his wife talking divorce... so I did the only thing I could do... go have drinks with him! On top of that I had a few drinks saturday and on top of that I ate like **** sunday! However I figure im gonna be going all out on this controlled labs stack hopefully getting me to sub 200 and I wanted to get it out before I started the stack today

Now.... I'm kind of stuck in a hard place... im happy to see my bodyfat dropped... not happy cause I wanted more... On friday morning I was down to 210 and by today I was up to 213 so hopefully that comes off quick

I'm not sure which measurement to go off of as some say I lost less than 1% while another says almost 3%! But progress is progress and I need to keep pushing forward and I will!

Here goes nothin!

03/06/2009 Measurements in BLUE
04/06/2009 Measurements in RED

Height: 6'
Weight: 220 213 (-7 )

Bodyfat Results

Here is the site I used http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

Jackson/Pollock 7 Caliper Method
22.65% 20.92% (-1.73%)

Jackson/Pollock 3 Caliper Method
20.81% 19.47% (-1.34%)

Jackson/Pollock 4 Caliper Method
23.28% 20.55% (-2.73%)

Durnin/Womersley 4 Caliper Method
24.83% 24.03% (-.80%)

http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/skinfold7Site.php
22.16% 20.56% (-1.60%)

Relaxed Body Measurements:
Chest - 43 1/8" 44 1/4" (+1 1/8")
Bicep - 13 3/4" 14 1/2" (+3/4")
Waist - 39" 37 1/2" (-1 1/2")
Abs - 41" 40 1/2" (-1/2")
Thigh - 24" 24 3/4" (+3/4")
Calf - 16 1/2" 16 1/4" (-1/4")

Now the measurements made me pretty happy... it was nice to see my relaxed chest and relaxed bi increased as much as they did.... almost an inch increase in my right resting bicep in a month is awesome! Including my legs getting bigger and my tummy decreasing!

Thanks for all the support guys! Ill stay at it as long as you crazy mofo's keep pushing me!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man, measurements are where it's at..

Now, the body fat thing. I wouldn't put too much stock in the accuracy of the numbers, i.e., just because it says your in the 20's, doesn't necessarily mean it's true.. However, caliper measurements are a good tool to assess changes over time, which is obviously what's going on here.. dropping body fat without a doubt.. Hellllllssss yeah!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday - 04/08/2009
4 Sets x 8 Reps

Front Squat
130 - 4 sets of 8 reps

Ham Curls(A)
130 - 4 sets of 8 reps

Chin Ups(B)
80 lbs of assistance - 3 sets of 8 reps
75 lbs of assistance - 1 set of 8 reps

Dips
Weight belt with 30 lbs - 4 set of 8 reps

Cardio:
Jump Rope

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday - 04/08/2009
4 Sets x 8 Reps

Front Squat
130 - 4 sets of 8 reps

Ham Curls(A)
130 - 4 sets of 8 reps

Chin Ups(B)
80 lbs of assistance - 3 sets of 8 reps
75 lbs of assistance - 1 set of 8 reps

Dips
Weight belt with 30 lbs - 4 set of 8 reps

Cardio:
Jump Rope
was this just letting us know the 4x8 outline or was this an exercise that never got filled in?

other then that question good work. i'm actually taking my jump rope tomorrow just for cardio haha...
you're an inspiration ;)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I really like this workout format. I think I may use it coming into PCT or something. I dont have enough time in my schedule consistently to hit the gym 3 days a week

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I really like this workout format. I think I may use it coming into PCT or something. I dont have enough time in my schedule consistently to hit the gym 3 days a week
Texas right now its been working great for me... I definitely feel like im leaning up and Ive noticed some vascularity i didnt have before

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Friday- 04/10/2009
3 Sets x 12 Reps

Split Squat (A)
15lb DB in each hand - 1 set of 12 reps per leg
20lb DB in each hand - 1 set of 12 reps per leg
25lb DB in each hand - 1 set of 12 reps per leg

Good Mornings(B)
120 - 3 sets of 12 reps

Incline DB Bench (A)
60 - 3 sets of 12 reps

Seated Rows (B)
112.5 - 3 sets of 12 reps

DB Swing
30 - 3 sets of 12 reps
35 - 3 sets of 12 reps
40 - 3 sets of 12 reps

Cardio:
None, due to yohimbine making me feel like i was gonna die! Hahaha and i have started doing cardio on my off days right now

Im really starting to feel the blue up/blue gene stack working. Alot of stuff last week like the DB incline felt easier this week than it did last even though I upped the weight... and the seated rows as well

Man was I dying at first though, I shouldnt have taken a full dose of Blue Up and 2 scoops of Jack3d... when I got to the gym as soon as I did one set I was shaking like I was in the ghetto of Detroit lookin for some rock!

It was bad enough where I thought I was gonna pass out during Incline DB... but the feeling got better near the end of my workout

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The workouts are def interesting, and I like the keeping it simple yet effective appoach. If you stay with it under 200 will be a def bro. I havent done good mornings in like forever, may just have to bust some out tomorrow. So no cycle history I saw u said u wanted to do epi at some point.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
The workouts are def interesting, and I like the keeping it simple yet effective appoach. If you stay with it under 200 will be a def bro. I havent done good mornings in like forever, may just have to bust some out tomorrow. So no cycle history I saw u said u wanted to do epi at some point.
Yeah its definitely a different approach for me. I used to be the ONLY ONE MUSCLE ONCE A DAY ONCE A WEEK! And doing full body workouts were too much for me, now im starting to love it. And I used to hate supersets and Im loving though! Next week I want to add in some other exercises for trap development.

The only other cycle I have ran was m1t back in 2005, back then it was beautiful 15 lbs in 4 weeks. Too bad its so liver toxic! (PS I still have some! Ha)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah its definitely a different approach for me. I used to be the ONLY ONE MUSCLE ONCE A DAY ONCE A WEEK! And doing full body workouts were too much for me, now im starting to love it. And I used to hate supersets and Im loving though! Next week I want to add in some other exercises for trap development.

The only other cycle I have ran was m1t back in 2005, back then it was beautiful 15 lbs in 4 weeks. Too bad its so liver toxic! (PS I still have some! Ha)
My training makes no sense to most people, I do mostly full body or portions daily, or eod. I like to hit as much as I can, and keep it a fast pace. I never have a clue what im gonna do till I get there, and I love that, it keeps it fun. I jus sold the rest of my m1t like 2 months ago, that stuff is rat poison fo-sho.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey flawed, thanks for the invite i will try to follow along the best i can. subbed

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
My training makes no sense to most people, I do mostly full body or portions daily, or eod. I like to hit as much as I can, and keep it a fast pace. I never have a clue what im gonna do till I get there, and I love that, it keeps it fun. I jus sold the rest of my m1t like 2 months ago, that stuff is rat poison fo-sho.
It might be the Marine in me but when I get to the gym I dont want to have to think hahaha... I just wanna get there and push the weight so I like having it laid out.. but I could see where your approach would be effective... if its always something different you are never gonna get to used to it thats for sure

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
subbed

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Man, sucks that I missed all this time! Subbed. Looks like you're doing a good job. How do you like the split you're doing so far?

Good luck!

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
flawed.........r u in right now or have u EAS'd?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
So... dont hate on a guy but i was reading Muscle and Fitness magazine awhile back and there was a section in there about working shoulders... now usually when I try to target shoulders I just do your average BB shrugs... however in the article they said to hit upper traps either do those are behind the back shrugs on the smith machine (so you can take a step forward)... how do you guys feel about these? I did it with just no weight in my hands to feel the difference and it felt like the behind the back ones could hit them much better than the front ones

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
So... dont hate on a guy but i was reading Muscle and Fitness magazine awhile back and there was a section in there about working shoulders... now usually when I try to target shoulders I just do your average BB shrugs... however in the article they said to hit upper traps either do those are behind the back shrugs on the smith machine (so you can take a step forward)... how do you guys feel about these? I did it with just no weight in my hands to feel the difference and it felt like the behind the back ones could hit them much better than the front ones
if you like them, and your body responds to them, do them.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It might be the Marine in me but when I get to the gym I dont want to have to think hahaha... I just wanna get there and push the weight so I like having it laid out.. but I could see where your approach would be effective... if its always something different you are never gonna get to used to it thats for sure
Yea there is good to both if you break it down. I cant handle structure, but a marine might thrive on it. I just like to keep training as far from being like a job or chore as possible. Yea I did M1T back in the day and put on like 16 pounds in 3-4 weeks but wanted to seriously die, and will never do that again.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of shoulder workout, mostly because I've got bum shoulders so I need to strengthen them so they stop popping out so darn often...

Anyways, I like to do a few fast sets that help out a lot. Just superset them all and you shouldn't be looking at anymore than 5 extra minutes.

Don't exactly know the names, but, 12 on the Smith machine rotating in, 12 out, 12 pulling up, 12 pulling down. 3 times. Has helped me get some pretty strong shoulders and helped prevent a crapload of injuries!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of shoulder workout, mostly because I've got bum shoulders so I need to strengthen them so they stop popping out so darn often...

Anyways, I like to do a few fast sets that help out a lot. Just superset them all and you shouldn't be looking at anymore than 5 extra minutes.

Don't exactly know the names, but, 12 on the Smith machine rotating in, 12 out, 12 pulling up, 12 pulling down. 3 times. Has helped me get some pretty strong shoulders and helped prevent a crapload of injuries!
I really just want some big ass shoulders (who doesnt right?) lol

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Yea there is good to both if you break it down. I cant handle structure, but a marine might thrive on it. I just like to keep training as far from being like a job or chore as possible. Yea I did M1T back in the day and put on like 16 pounds in 3-4 weeks but wanted to seriously die, and will never do that again.
Someday I may move to this... Ive become more open in my thinking to be honest. Like i said in my intro I never have done full body before really, it was always low reps high weight 5x5 or max-ot style but im loving the full body and really loving supersets which i normally hated.... with time my friend with time

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Monday - 04/13/2009
5 Sets x 5 Reps

A2G Back Squat
175 - 5 sets of 5 reps

BB Bench
220 - 4 sets of 5 reps
225 - 1 set of 5 reps

Good Mornings (A)
135 - 5 sets of 5 reps

Chin Ups (B)
4 sets of 5 reps
I used the assisted machine here with 40 lbs on it
1 sets of 5 reps
I used the assisted machine here with 35 lbs on it

Behind The Back Shrugs
155 - 3 sets of 5 reps

I really think that doing the good mornings and strengthening my lower back has TREMENDOUSLY helped my squats. There are starting to feel easier week by week which is funny cause im raising weights and my form feels much better... my knees dont buckle in as much

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Flawed, I understand that hehe. I've got some pretty ripped and good sized shoulders, just by doing that set 3x a week aside from my normal shoulder workout.

Still do my normal overheads and all, but adding that 3x a week seemed to work wonders for me overall.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Options in training always make things fun imo.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Flawed, I understand that hehe. I've got some pretty ripped and good sized shoulders, just by doing that set 3x a week aside from my normal shoulder workout.

Still do my normal overheads and all, but adding that 3x a week seemed to work wonders for me overall.
I may have to try that out!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday - 04/15/2009
4 Sets x 8 Reps

Front Squat
135 - 4 sets of 8 reps

Ham Curls(A)
130 - 4 sets of 8 reps
140 - 1 set of 8 reps

Chin Ups(B)
75 lbs of assistance - 3 sets of 8 reps
70 lbs of assistance - 1 set of 8 reps

Dips
Weight belt with 35 lbs - 4 set of 8 reps

Rope Pulls
87.5 - 4 sets of 8 reps

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday - 04/16/2009

HIIT Cardio:
1 Min Warmup Jog
10 Sets of 15sec sprint and 30 sec jog
6 minutes of decreasing cool down

Burned 290 cals

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
So.... I decided even though im not done with my blue stack yet I would post some pictures...

A couple things to note. The first set of pictures was taken with a flash, the new ones were not. I realized that with the flash on my body wasnt coming out like it looks in person... dunno why thought. Anyways. Also you may notice my horrible tan line hahaha

Another thing to note... the first pics were taken on an empty stomach, the news ones are with a full days of food and over a gallon of water consumed.

Things I think are relevant. You can clearly see from the front that my widest point (love handle to love handle tip has decreased), from the side It looks as though my stomach went down a bit and maybe my back got a bit wider while my lower back fat may have decreased slightly. Any other observations from you guys? (expect my horrible tan from working outside lol)

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Just noticed this.... look at my arm position... its exactly the same (in relation to my tattoo) and look how much less back fat there is... :thumbsup:

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Drop them leg curls and do some glute-ham raises. I used to think I had decent hams until I tried them. They'll bring a whole new level to training, at least for me they did.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Definitely can see a difference.. you've got this sht man.