Flawed's Destroying Himself

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Drop them leg curls and do some glute-ham raises. I used to think I had decent hams until I tried them. They'll bring a whole new level to training, at least for me they did.
Me, I love me the romanian dead lifts. Almost nothin' makes me walk like an old man as good as a good leg day with these at the end.

BTW, flawed lookin' better; we're almost at the same point in progression except I get more pronounced handles and gyno than you and still keep definition in other places...really weird.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Well I decided to change it up today. Was getting sick of the same workouts. Anyways something I noticed. I havent worn my polo shirts for a couple years due to my love handles... well i put one on and it looked good but what i also noticed is my arms looked huge! I worked out at 6am and I went to walmart at like 6-7pm later that day, at least 12 hours later. Hard to believe I would still have a pump going on from the workout so it musta been from the blue stack. And then at the bar some woman asked me to stay by her while a fight was breaking out cause i was "muscular" ha so i must be doing something right!

Friday - 04/17/2009
3 Sets x 12 Reps

Incline DB(A)
65 - 3 sets of 12 reps

Bent Over Rows(B)
45 - 1 set of 12 reps
65 - 1 set of 12 reps
65 - 1 set of 12 reps

BB Curls (A)
45 - 1 set of 12 reps
55 - 2 sets of 12 reps

Leg Raises (B)
Bodyweight - 1 set of 15 reps
10 - 2 sets of 15 reps

Lower Trap DB Raise
10lb DB in each hand - 3 sets of 12 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Drop them leg curls and do some glute-ham raises. I used to think I had decent hams until I tried them. They'll bring a whole new level to training, at least for me they did.
Actually thats what i was plannin but I dont have any way to do them at my gym and no lifting partner

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Actually thats what i was plannin but I dont have any way to do them at my gym and no lifting partner
Get either one of the bar pads and hook them somewhere, power rack or something, or even a pair of sweatpants. RDLs are awesome too, like previously mentioned. Just think you need to hit the hams from different angles to grow. Keep up the good work man.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Get either one of the bar pads and hook them somewhere, power rack or something, or even a pair of sweatpants. RDLs are awesome too, like previously mentioned. Just think you need to hit the hams from different angles to grow. Keep up the good work man.
hmmm im having trouble picturing this bro...

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
I know it sounds girly, but them spinning classes will torture your whole leg once you get the proper technique and it counts as more than a little cardio; more like hiit.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Weight and Measurement Update:

02/24/2009 Weight: 228 lbs
03/02/2009 Weight: 222 lbs (-6 lbs)
03/09/2009 Weight: 216 lbs (-6 lbs)
03/16/2009 Weight: 215 lbs (-1 lbs)
04/06/2009 Weight: 213 lbs (-2 lbs)
04/20/2009 Weight: 207 lbs (-6 lbs)

Total lb loss so far: 21 lbs!

02/24/2009 measurement at widest point: I'd be afraid to find out
03/02/2009 measurement at widest point: 42"
03/09/2009 measurement at widest point: 41 1/2" (-1/2")
03/16/2009 measurement at widest point: 41" (-1/2")
04/06/2009 measurement at widest point: 40 1/2" (-1/2")
04/20/2009 measurement at widest point: 39 1/2" (-1")

Total inch loss so far: 2 1/2"!

Well I gotta say im happy with my results thus far! Now what I need to do is make sure I stay motivated! And thats what you guys help me do! This is the best ive done in years and can actually SEE results which also keeps me motivated

I think I have done great for a little less than 2 months of consisten hardwork, could I have done better so far... Im sure I could have, my diet hasnt been completely 100 percent and Ive had a few drinks here and there, but im still heading in the right direction and im sure in the months to come I will have to fix my diet when my losses or muscle gains halt. However I am getting better about my diet already because I have to pack lunches now, so the foods are cleaner but im pretty positive im in a calorie deficit. We'll see

As you can see my measurement of my widest point was pretty steady at a 1/2 inch and my weight was slowing down about halfway through until I started my Controlled Labs Blue Up/Blue Gene stack so I am gonna have to shoot some credit that way and say that must have picked things back up because I lost an inch on my widest point and 6 lbs since I started (14 days ago)

Thanks for all the motivation guys!

Im gonna post this in my sponsored log as well

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Monday - 04/20/2009
5 Sets x 5 Reps

A2G Back Squat
180 - 3 sets of 5 reps
185 - 2 sets of 5 reps

BB Bench (A)
225 - 5 sets of 5 reps

Good Mornings (B)
135 - 2 sets of 5 reps
145 - 3 sets of 5 reps

Behind the Back Smith Machine Shrugs (A)
135 - 5 sets of 5 reps

Reverse Pull Ups (B)
Bodyweight Plus 25lbs - 5 sets of 5 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
As you can see my measurement of my widest point was pretty steady at a 1/2 inch and my weight was slowing down about halfway through until I started my Controlled Labs Blue Up/Blue Gene stack so I am gonna have to shoot some credit that way and say that must have picked things back up because I lost an inch on my widest point and 6 lbs since I started (14 days ago)
Damn mang! Those are some great results! I've been on almost the same schedule but nowhere close to the same results...good job! I'm gonna have to start measuring my widest point to see if it's shrinking anywhere close to as quick as yours...but I'm not losing weight much. Mainly just recomping, I guess!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Damn mang! Those are some great results! I've been on almost the same schedule but nowhere close to the same results...good job! I'm gonna have to start measuring my widest point to see if it's shrinking anywhere close to as quick as yours...but I'm not losing weight much. Mainly just recomping, I guess!
THanks Bro! I dont think ive lost much muscle... infact I may have gained muscle but either way im not real worried about it... just wanna cut this midsection a bit and in about 30 days im gonna go muscle building crazy! ha

Good luck brotha!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
8 Weeks at a Glance:

Well I'm almost done with 8 complete weeks of being back to working out... Im super impressed at my progress so far and I wanted to see what my strength has been like so far

Starting and Current Weights

A2G Back Squat
- 115 - 185 (+70)
BB Bench Press - 175 - 225 (+50)
Good Mornings - 95 - 145 (+50)

:thumbsup: I'll take it!

A2G Back Squat: Yes I started at 115,,, Why? Do you ask.... I started this low because I have never been a big squatter, and the one point that I was (2005) I was not a deep A2G Squatter and since I was starting 2 months ago and wanted good form and deep squats I decided to start low. In the beginning even 135 challenged me, my back felt like it was weak and my knees would almost always buckle in. Last time I tried to start squatting (2007) I was doing it on the smith machine and was having trouble breaking 145 so Im super impressed to see that even at 185 it doesnt seem too hard to me. I also feel like strengthening my lower back with good mornings has helped me tremendously. My knees hardly even buckle in anymore which means my squat is getting much better.

BB Bench Press: I started lower on bench pressed just to work my way up since I'd never down 5x5 before. Ive gone 235-240 on 3x5 in the past while on cycle and now I'm doing 225 on 5x5 naturally so I think I'm almost as strong as I was then... which is awesome

Good Mornings: Im also impressed at how easy these are feeling lately... every week they have felt super taxing on my body... last week I thought 135 was where I had to stop so this week I started with 135 and I was like "wtf this doesn't even feel taxing" so I upped the weight and it still didn't feel like much. I think doing these has improved my squat form tremendously

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Nice work boss.
My fault for missing this. I didn't know you were running a log. I have been pretty busy lately but Im in for this wild ride!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
So I've been doing some rather goofy workout ideas the last 2 days. Yesterday being that I did a bit of lifting on a cardio day and today I just went off my rocker nuts and did some crazy stuff... Ill explain what I did here first and then I will explain my feelings from today at the bottom.

So I got ballsy again today, took 2 blue up as opposed to one this morning and I gotta tell you I felt fine... so I think my body is starting to adapt to the Yohimbine... which is kind of sad cause now im not getting getting any in the afternoon... I may have to see if I can find a cheap supply to still get a little Yohimbine in the afternoon

Ok for my workout today since I said it was a little different. Basically I split my workout into 6 exercises and grouped them in 2 groups. The first one being 4 exercises and the second group being 2 exercises. Then what I did was rather simple... since I've come to love supersets I decided to run today like a circuit with a "twist". I ran the first four exercises one after another with no rest in between sets and then (heres the twist) instead of starting over I took a short break and did them in reverse. So for example I did 8 reps front squat, 8 reps DB Rows, 5 reps DB Clean and Press, and 8 reps pull ups... took a few minute break and then did it backwards... Ok so I think you get the ideas. Im gonna lay them out 1 by 1 so it looks more simple... hopefully... hahaha

Wednesday - 04/22/2009

Set #1
Front Squat: 95lbs x 8 reps
DB Bent Over Rows: 50lbs x 8 reps
DB Clean and Press: 50lbs x 5 reps
Pull-Ups on assisted machine: 70lbs assistance x 8 reps

Rest 3-4 Min
Now in Reverse

Set #2
DB Clean and Press: 45lbs x 5 reps
Front Squat: 115lbs x 8 reps

Set #3
Front Squat: 115lbs x 8 reps
DB Clean and Press: 45lbs x 5 reps

Set #4
Pull-Ups on assisted machine: 65lbs assistance x 8 reps
DB Clean and Press: 40lbs x 5 reps
DB Bent Over Rows: 55lbs x 8 reps
Front Squat: 135lbs x 8 reps

Now I gotta tell ya... Usually I never really sweat during lifting at all... By the time I was done with done with about the 2nd set on this I was sweating like a pig. It wasn't too bad on set 1 and 3 but on set 2 and 4 on the reverse was brutal... I'd be so pumped by the end I would hardly be able to bend my arms to grip the bar for the front squat

Set #5
Close Grip Bench Press: 115lbs x 8 reps
Rope Pulls for Traps: 87.5lbs x 8 reps

Set #6
Rope Pulls for Traps: 87.5lbs x 8 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 115lbs x 8 reps

Set #7
Close Grip Bench Press: 125lbs x 8 reps
Rope Pulls for Traps: 100lbs x 8 reps

Set #8
Rope Pulls for Traps: 112.5lbs x 8 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 135lbs x 8 reps

Cardio
HIIT
2 Min Warmup
4 sets of 15sec sprint/30sec jog
5 Min Steady State Jog

Burned 190 Calories

Alright so a couple things... First off this workout was absolutely brutal and if that didn't deplete my glycogen stores before my short cardio I don't know what will! 2nd I never felt fatigued really during any of this and I think it may be from the endurance boost from the Blue Stack. and 3rd this stuff gives me the sickest pumps!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Friday - 04/24/2009

Incline DB Press (A)
65lbs - 2 sets of 12 reps
70lbs - 1 set of 12 reps

Good Mornings (B)
135lbs - 3 sets of 12 reps

BB Curlss (C)
45lbs - 1 sets of 12 reps
55lbs - 1 set of 12 reps
60lbs - 1 set of 12 reps

Standing Military press
85lbs - 3 sets of 12 reps

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
good **** bro! you busted your ass!!! thumbs way the hell up!!!
and i didnt know you did MMA?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
hey guys... a couple updates for you!

I finished my Blue Up Blue Gene stack 05/09/2009 with great results

I started a new program, the Pendelum program, its a 5 week program, i got through week 1 but am now having to take a week off due to injury... im going to post some updates right now as well as what happened as far as my injury... ill take the week off and then its back at it!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
i was at work riding a stand-up lawnmower when the lawnmower snapped to the right smashing my left hand between the handle and a big metal box completely ripping off the fingernail on my left ring finger and lacerating the nail bed to the bone.

it hurt like a b*tch. the doctor had to sew the nailbed back together and put the nail back in place and sew it there

the doctor said i cant do any physical activity for 10 days that involves my left hand, but ive come so far in the last three months that i think ill probably do some cardio but ill probably only do like a stationary bike or something.

Edit... I was gonna post the pictures... but some might not wanna see them on the forum so heres links ;)

Pic 1: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/FlawedPorcelain/1242183812.jpg
Pic 2: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/FlawedPorcelain/1242183803.jpg
Pic 3: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/FlawedPorcelain/1242240342.jpg

Seeing the fingernail sitting there reminds me of hostel lol

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE:

Finished my controlled labs Blue Up Blue Gene stack... with GREAT RESULTS! This stack was ran from 04/06 - 05/09 but here are my total results since being back in the gym

Weight and Measurement Update:

05/09/2009 Weight: 201 lbs (-6 lbs)

Total lb loss so far: 27 lbs!

05/09/2009 measurement at widest point: 38 1/2" (-1")

Total inch loss so far: 3 1/2"!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
PICTURES:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
great job with the weight loss, bro!

sorry about the hand, that don't sound like it felt real good. I still remember my 2nd knee injury and having to drive home from the ski area (manual clutch with meniscus trapped in knee joint of left knee) after skiing down and taking off my boots.

the funny thing about bad injuries is that you often look back on them fondly, like they didn't hurt as bad because they are usually the times that you learn your true pain threshold.

good luck gettin' better; hand injuries are tough.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
WEIGHT: 200 lbs

As i expected my weight dropped even more since saturday and believe me ive been eating and drinking like ****... for the most part... i honestly think that i may have been carrying some bloat from the Yohimbine is Blue Up cause my midsection is looking leaner as well...

Have any of the other testers checked their weights?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I would like to thank you for not posting those finger nail pics... I for one did not click the link provided

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I got bored... made a chapter index! Check post #2! hahaa

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Haha Nice index! Looking leaner and leaner all the time. Keep it up bro.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
How my homies been!?

Im down to 198! First time being sub 200 in 4 years! WOOOOOOOO

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Workout:
Honestly... Today was a fricken great workout! When I first got there i was feeling a little sluggish, might have something to do with getting up at 4:50 AM to go to the gym before work lol but anyways as I got into the lifts I noticed I felt very strong. A few weeks ago I was starting to feel fatigued benching 225 for 5 reps... given I took almost 2 weeks off lifting because of my finger I thought I would come back much weaker... Which I kinda felt last week. But today I pushed 225 five times and felt like I still had 1 or 2 more in the tank!

The other part that made me extremely happy was my chin ups. Ive been week on chin ups and pull ups for quite a few years ever since I got out of the Marines, and back in Feb/Mar it would be difficult for my to do 2-3 chins and about 2 weeks ago I was stuck on getting 4.5 - 5 reps. Now I got 6 yesterday like it was nothing.

Work:
Work Today was fricken BRUTAL. I probably didn't even need to go the gym lol. We did shrub removal all day so I was pretty much swinging a pick axe as hard as I could all day. Im sure it was some hardcore cardio thats for sure.

Friday - 06/05/2009

BB Bench
Warm Up Sets (135 x 10, 155 x 6, 175 x 3, 185 x 1)
205 x 5 reps
215 x 5 reps
225 x 5 reps

Front Squat (A)
115 x 5 reps
135 x 5 reps
155 x 5 reps

Upright Rows (B)
40 x 8 reps
50 x 8 reps
60 x 8 reps

Chin Ups (C)
6 reps
4 reps
4 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets and (A) (B) (C) to show where I did a triple set (i guess you would call it)

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Random gym picture! Haha Its still coming along!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
On another note Ive had chaffing from hell this week while sweating at working and running around... thighs, balls, and a$$crack hahaha... So I bought some compression shorts today. Damn these feel kinda nice!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Monday - 06/08/2009

Incline DB Bench
65 x 5 reps
70 x 5 reps
75 x 5 reps

BB Shrugs (A)
185 x 5 reps
205 x 5 reps
225 x 5 reps

DB Curls (B)
30 x 8 reps
35 x 8 reps
40 x 8 reps

Skull Crushers (A)
60 x 8 reps
70 x 8 reps
80 x 8 reps

Pull Ups (B)
3 reps
3 reps
3 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets and (A) (B) (C) to show where I did a triple set (i guess you would call it)

Cardio: HIIT
5 Min Warm Up
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
5 Min Cool Down

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday - 06/10/2009

A2G Squats
115 x 8 reps (Warm Up)
155 x 5 reps
185 x 5 reps
195 x 5 reps

Standing Military Press
115 x 5 reps
125 x 5 reps
125 x 5 reps

Good Mornings (A)
125 x 8 reps
125 x 8 reps
125 x 8 reps

Leg Raises (B)
15 reps
15 reps
15 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets

Cardio: HIIT
5 Min Warm Up
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
5 Min Cool Down

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I finally got my bodyfat tested! And I'm very happy!

Bodyfat Results

03/06/2009 Measurement: 22.65%
04/06/2009 Measurement: 20.92%
06/10/2009 Measurement: 16.36%

Bodyfat Lost: 6.29%!

Weight and Measurement Update Since The Beginning:

05/09/2009 Weight: 201 lbs (-6 lbs)

Total lb loss so far: 27 lbs!

05/09/2009 measurement at widest point: 38 1/2" (-1")
06/10/2009 measurement at widest point: 38 1/4" (-1/4")

Total inch loss so far: 3 3/4"!

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
good work bro, I had comparable numbers as well, but nowhere near as much weight loss.

keep it up!